Police Officers

Are Police officers to be respected as God given authority over us, or are they just here to judge the world? And should we be praying over them? What are your thoughts

The "powers", "authority" that be, are established by God so as to stem "evil" on planet earth. These "authorities", and "powers" are not people but offices, and positions. The "authority" is in the office, and position, that men hold. Once that person is gone, his authority is gone, because the authority was never in that person but that office in which they held. We the Church are to pray that those in office are Godly men, and women so as to execute that office with Godly motives, that we may live Holy, and peaceful lives. If we have evil men in office then are we to pray for their removal.

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Rom 13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
Rom 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
Rom 13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

We do not want to ask God to give "godly wisdom" to evil men!!!! That would be the same thing as asking God to wisdom to the devil!!!

1Ti 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
1Ti 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

The "powers", "authority" that be, are established by God so as to stem "evil" on planet earth. These "authorities", and "powers" are not people but offices, and positions. The "authority" is in the office, and position, that men hold. Once that person is gone, his authority is gone, because the authority was never in that person but that office in which they held. We the Church are to pray that those in office are Godly men, and women so as to execute that office with Godly motives, that we may live Holy, and peaceful lives. If we have evil men in office then are we to pray for their removal.

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Rom 13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
Rom 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
Rom 13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

We do not want to ask God to give "godly wisdom" to evil men!!!! That would be the same thing as asking God to wisdom to the devil!!!

1Ti 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
1Ti 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

I agree and as we pray for the salvation of our officers that are unsaved, and asking God to reveal those who are abusing their authority, and walking in corrupt ways, and most definitely are praying for all of our officers to be protected, then we are doing what we can, to lift up a God given office of authority that God has put in place according to the verses you stated above.
Blessings to you!

We must pray for all - saved or not. We should not be too worried about what authority police officers have - we should though abide by the law and cherish God's creations.

Philippians 4:6 (New Living Translation)
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done."

Are Police officers to be respected as God given authority over us, or are they just here to judge the world? And should we be praying over them? What are your thoughts
I was just reading this yesterday night.

1 Timothy 2:1:3
1 I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.2 Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity.3 This is good and pleases God our Savior,4 who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth

I think they judge the world because that is their job.
We as christians are not in the world, so if we live our lives peacefully we dont really need to deal with the police. We are going to be judging angels and ourselves and giving God feedback on how other christians have helped us, not meting out punishments as the police do.

Render to caesar what is caesars and God what is Gods. I think the sandrehin and the Pharisees operated as a kind of police back in Jesus day.

I think they should be respected in that they have a job to do, which is not easy. But personally I dont want to have anything much to do with the police. I know friends who been in trouble with them and they seem to make situations worse, while pretending to help. One of my friends died cos she trusted the police to come rescue her out of a tricky situation, and they didnt come, and also abused her and called her names. They tend to blame the victims a lot. Not that she was innocent but she needed help and was in danger.

I think they should be respected in that they have a job to do, which is not easy. But personally I dont want to have anything much to do with the police. I know friends who been in trouble with them and they seem to make situations worse, while pretending to help. One of my friends died cos she trusted the police to come rescue her out of a tricky situation, and they didnt come, and also abused her and called her names. They tend to blame the victims a lot. Not that she was innocent but she needed help and was in danger.

I have learned a long time ago that there is always 2 sides to every story. I would advise you to be aware of people that blame the police for their problems and situations.

I have been around a long time and I can from personal experience tell you that some of my best friends have been police officers. I also know that just as there are bad bankers, and doctors, and stock brokers and teachers and preachers, there is also bad policemen. But we can not judge ALL of them because of what SOME of them do.

I think they judge the world because that is their job.
We as christians are not in the world, so if we live our lives peacefully we dont really need to deal with the police. We are going to be judging angels and ourselves and giving God feedback on how other christians have helped us, not meting out punishments as the police do.

Render to caesar what is caesars and God what is Gods. I think the sandrehin and the Pharisees operated as a kind of police back in Jesus day.

I do not agree with you my sister. The police do not JUDGE. They "react" to situations and determine what course of action needs to come next so as to protect YOU and ME from harm. It is then the job of JUDGES to actually meet out ant judgments that need to be administered so that the situation will not happen again........hopefully.

Some police are kind and others arent. I think. Lot of people lie to the police.
I dont hang round people that do that.

Oh sorry. But they make judgement calls in emergency situations..and in my country have perverted the justice system. Lot of corrupt cops out there.
There seems to be no accoutability and some think they above the law.

Anyway. They had a very sick culture when my friend called them. They didnt realise that she was not Joking about her life being in danger. Even if they could not come, there is no need to be abusive and call her things I cannot even print here.

Some police are kind and others arent. I think. Lot of people lie to the police.
I dont hang round people that do that.

"A lot of people lie to the police"?????

I spent many years in the retail business. I can honestly tell you that every single person apprehended by my staff or the police when they got there SAID........."I didn't steal anything".

My grandfather told me many years ago that every thief is a liar and every liar is a thief. How very true that has turned out to be.

The police call centre needs to clean up their act. If they cannot respond and deal with people in distress, then they should not be in that job.

Oh sorry. But they make judgement calls in emergency situations..and in my country have perverted the justice system. Lot of corrupt cops out there.
There seems to be no accoutability and some think they above the law.

What is the country that you live in???? That may be the problem here.

Yea, once dated this guy who was like that. Said he didnt steal my money when knew it was him. Said he was christian but obviously lying about that too.

I do not agree with you my sister. The police do not JUDGE. They "react" to situations and determine what course of action needs to come next so as to protect YOU and ME from harm. It is then the job of JUDGES to actually meet out ant judgments that need to be administered so that the situation will not happen again........hopefully.
I would completely agree to this from American culture perspective.. But things are so different in 3rd world countries.. Every one sees what benefit they can get out of anything.. I come from India.. Cops are extremely corrupted.. Bribing is default!

My grandfather told me many years ago that every thief is a liar and every liar is a thief. How very true that has turned out to be.
This is sad but true - shows the moral decline of society.

Back