Problems for God to solve

Post your problems that you've relegated to the 'too hard basket' and ask for a miracle

Thankfully, I don't have many at the moment (am quite adept at problem solving as have been doing it so much in my own life) and other people's problems are THEIR problems...but if any are given to me I just give them back to God.

I had a problem thank God that was solved but it took a few years.

Our lounge carpet was really old and I kept saying we ought to get a new one and even asked a friend who's family were carpet layers to come and do a quote for us. It was probably a $1000 or more so nothing got done. The carpet got all thread bare so in the middle so that it was just thatch. It all sounded too hard and we could never agree on what carpet or floor we'd like in our family (or who would pay for it)

Well just this week mum's friend who was downsizing offered her persian rug for free (looks like new) and it just fit right so hooray now we are now having what is to me new carpet in the lounge. Miracle?

the current problem..

A friend that always asks favours whenever she contacts me.
It has got to where if she calls me I am dreading what she will ask of me next. And it is EVERY single time. I often say no I can't do whatever she's asking because it will always be something complicated that she seems to assume I'm happy doing all these favours for her. That doesn't stop her asking though even though she KNOWS she's being a nuisance and a bother.

She then will ask someone else. But I have learned not to feel guilted into doing things for her. I haven't yet confronted her about this horrible habit but there might be a time soon when I will have to (the next time!)

I recall another friend was like that once and when I confronted her about it I never heard from her again. It seemed like she was just using me.

So Lord...what do I do? Too hard a problem for me.

Huh

Proverbs 22:3

A prudent man forseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on and are punished

So...next time she texts a favour...just don't answer. But what if she calls. Maybe just say I'm in the toilet? Or cut her off before she can butter me up for the inevitable favour.

I was kinda hoping she'd just stop asking for favours and learn to take a bit of responsibility for her own life without trying to make everyone else cater to her. Though I suppose that's not really possible.

My problem is when I apologize and ask for forgiveness, is when others say, I forgive you or I understand, then they add,

"but don't you ever do it again. I'm hurt!"

Why do I feel from that statement that I'm not really forgiven? Do I need to say a penance? This is one of the problems that I throw into the 'too hard basket.'

I find that being still and keeping my mouth shut may be a good start to that kind of reaction.

My problem is when I apologize and ask for forgiveness, is when others say, I forgive you or I understand, then they add,

"but don't you ever do it again. I'm hurt!"

Why do I feel from that statement that I'm not really forgiven? Do I need to say a penance? This is one of the problems that I throw into the 'too hard basket.'

I find that being still and keeping my mouth shut may be a good start to that kind of reaction.
I think I had that before, I remember one time I mucked up a library interloans order and the coordinator, I apologized then she said that to me "don't do it again' (not adding I'm hurt!) I think all I said was

'Oh'
Or Ok.

Yea it does feel then like you need to apologize all over again!
Maybe get in earlier and say when you apologize the first time and, sorry, I was wrong, and I won't do it again cos I know how much it hurts you. Will you please forgive me?

The thing is sometimes we do stuff that is wrong over and over and its because we just don't know how to make it right. You might then ask How can I make it up to you?

But sometimes it's the person just being sore and wanting to be right...which might mean they actually haven't truly forgiven you.

I'll pray for some answers to that one. Sometimes you just want to say oh my bad. Or Yes you are right I AM stupid.

Hey Lanolin
I like the way you try to work things out.
You look at things from all different angles and from how the other person feels and may think about a situation. Then you decide to pray about it. Fabulous way to go about it. When you forgive you both feel good, and the same goes for when you are forgiven.
Blessings

Post your problems that you've relegated to the 'too hard basket' and ask for a miracle

Thankfully, I don't have many at the moment (am quite adept at problem solving as have been doing it so much in my own life) and other people's problems are THEIR problems...but if any are given to me I just give them back to God.
Your "problem" is actually unrecognized opportunity. Here you have the opportunity to grow spiritually by actively exercising patience, generosity, kindness, and love. These traits like muscles strengthen with exercise. While serving the person who imposes like that you also have the opportunity to grow closer to them and to God while modeling godliness to them. Such actions can be life-changing to the other person.

God bless you and yours, sister.

Your "problem" is actually unrecognized opportunity. Here you have the opportunity to grow spiritually by actively exercising patience, generosity, kindness, and love. These traits like muscles strengthen with exercise. While serving the person who imposes like that you also have the opportunity to grow closer to them and to God while modeling godliness to them. Such actions can be life-changing to the other person.

aw its a painful exercise for everyone
Mothers do it to daughters. (the mother that uses her daughter as a maid, though sometimes it can feel like slavery)
Children probably do it to their parents especially when they say I'm hungry and expect to be fed right then and there.

How would you like it if I asked you a favour every time I spoke to you. Instead of how are you, let's have fun and chat, I asked you for money or a ride or dump my rubbish at your house or whatever. (I do recall she literally asked me if she could dump her hazardous rubbish at my house..and not only that, I collect it from her)

aw its a painful exercise for everyone
Mothers do it to daughters. (the mother that uses her daughter as a maid, though sometimes it can feel like slavery)
Children probably do it to their parents especially when they say I'm hungry and expect to be fed right then and there.

How would you like it if I asked you a favour every time I spoke to you. Instead of how are you, let's have fun and chat, I asked you for money or a ride or dump my rubbish at your house or whatever. (I do recall she literally asked me if she could dump her hazardous rubbish at my house..and not only that, I collect it from her)...and not only that but on TOP of that...ask further favours from MY family and friends.

Some people are happy to be servants to grown up princesses who still think of themselves as helpless. I am not particularly. People who worked at retirement village soon got burned out by all the extra favours they got asked ..and it didn't make them grow closer to the oldies that I recall because even while you were helping them they complained...took all your time and often insulted you to your face even while you helped them.
Although only a few were like that but to be treated like 'the help' all the time is not conducive to real friendship. And actually people need friends over help.

I recall Jesus said to his disciples that he no longer called them his servants instead he called them his friends.

But I wonder if it's actually ok for people to do it the other way round, call their friends their servants?

Another friend said why not ask a favour of her next time but I can't really think of any favour that I would ask of her. I don't really ask for favours from my friends especially when I think they won't be happy doing them....sometimes people assume that you don't mind when actually they do mind very much cos they are mindful of everything they do.

It's a bit different say then asking children to help you carry their own library books back to class as it's their books. Unless they offer to carry everyone else's or they are happy and willing and I can usually judge that. (though some use the excuse of helping in the library to get out of class!)
A former librarian said well you've got children as willing slaves...but sometimes their help can hinder lol
I alwasy reward them and always thanking them if they take their time out to help tho. I just don't like using people and assuming they will always help.

I had a problem of somebody I know 'being a Karen'.

They can't help being a Karen.. but..I really don't like to be on the receiving end of it Lord.
So I just pray that their 'Karen-ness' can be kind of turned for good. Like the rich man maybe ditching his pet camel and squeezing through that eye of the needle perhaps? Then the Karens will find out actually how the majority of us live.

I had a problem of somebody I know 'being a Karen'.

They can't help being a Karen.. but..I really don't like to be on the receiving end of it Lord.
So I just pray that their 'Karen-ness' can be kind of turned for good. Like the rich man maybe ditching his pet camel and squeezing through that eye of the needle perhaps? Then the Karens will find out actually how the majority of us live.

Hello Lanolin;

This is a good thread and as I'm following along, I came across "being a Karen."

What is a Karen?

AOC?
Or AOG?

I didn't even know what a meme is. I thought being a Karen was for someone who's name actually WAS Karen. I didn't know it was a thing until, well, being on unfortunate receiving end of it.

Being a Karen would be like telling someone who's unemployed to just get a job. Like it's that easy, or they haven't tried or whatever. Just nasty and thoughtless.

Back