Question on faith

The answer from God is never no when it comes to healing. You may then ask why some don't get healed. Let's look at the new testament example. Did Jesus heal everyone that came to Him for healing? Was His answer ever no to healing? Now, let's take a look at Jesus's disciples: they healed many many people, but could they heal everyone that that came to them? No, His disciples could not heal every single person. The first example is given in Matthew 17:16-21. Why couldn't they heal the boy? Because of unbelief. Was it the will of God to heal the boy though? Yes! It was the will of God to heal the boy....Jesus healed him! Paul also left Trophimus sick in Miletus. I believe this proves that yes it is God's will to heal everyone but the reason why not everyone gets healed through us is due to some shortage on our part. That is why all of us have to grow up into the high place of maturity in Christ where the Spirit is left unhindered to work in us the way He did in Jesus.

Don't forget that Trophimus did get well. It wasn't instantaneous. He was later able to rejoin Paul in Jerusalem.

Many people seem to give up saying that it must have been God's will that they are not healed, but we do not give up. Healing is around the corner! They forget to say, "My healing is on its way!" It is all about our faith and how we speak. There is power in our words and what we choose to confess aloud.

Don't forget that Trophimus did get well. It wasn't instantaneous. He was later able to rejoin Paul in Jerusalem.

Many people seem to give up saying that it must have been God's will that they are not healed, but we do not give up. Healing is around the corner! They forget to say, "My healing is on its way!" It is all about our faith and how we speak. There is power in our words and what we choose to confess aloud.
You said a mouth full there !! Amen

Sometimes it is God's will for people to die a slow death of cancer. A person can pray to get better with the most genuine faith, but that doesn't mean they will always be healed.

Sometimes it is God's will for people to die a slow death of cancer. A person can pray to get better with the most genuine faith, but that doesn't mean they will always be healed.
Klub God Bless you but you are gonna have to prove that one.
So by your thinking if they did not get healed then it was our Loving God who wanted a slow painful death. That just does not make sense at all.
Jim

You honestly think it is God's will for one of His children to die a slow painful death of cancer? Would this be your will as a father for your child? Are we better parents than our Heavenly Father?

You honestly think it is God's will for one of His children to die a slow painful death of cancer? Would this be your will as a father for your child? Are we better parents than our Heavenly Father?
Cancer is evil and of the curse. Cancer is something to be hated. God hates sin and why is this? Because sin destroys His people. Cancer destroys His people........So God would will this on some one ? NOT A CHANCE............

So if a person dies of cancer, they had a lack of faith?
People like to take offense at the thought of them lacking faith to be healed. But this IS what Jesus was addressing with His disciples in the example I gave in Matthew. It is always the hindrance on our part(either the person receiving the healing or the person administering the healing), never on God's. Sometimes people think they have genuine faith when in reality it is not genuine.

People like to take offense at the thought of them lacking faith to be healed.

Now THIS is a good point!

We should never take offense at being advised that we may be coming up short in faith. We need to be grateful that someone has the insight to tell us! How would we react if someone told us, "Hey, I think you're trying to open that door with the wrong key." Or, "Pssst! Are you aware that you're wearing one blue shoe and one black shoe?" I think I would appreciate being told that something is amiss!

It is only pride that causes one to react as if insulted when told by someone who desires to edify that the faith they have needs to come up a bit higher.

People like to take offense at the thought of them lacking faith to be healed. But this IS what Jesus was addressing with His disciples in the example I gave in Matthew. It is always the hindrance on our part(either the person receiving the healing or the person administering the healing), never on God's. Sometimes people think they have genuine faith when in reality it is not genuine.

Another add to this,
People "think or believe" their faith is strong and genuine ...HOWEVER....is there unforgiveness clogging their faith conection or lack of love or even acting on their faith ?
Is there sin that they refuse to repent of ? There are so many things people tend to over look as not important to faith or prayers but in the end they are VITALLY IMPORTANT.

Suffering can still be a part of Gods will. Look at job, the whole time satan is under the constraint that God puts over him, God is still in control. All of the Christians, burned, tortured and martyred suffered. That was allowed by God. Yes the sin and curse are the reasons, but it is all in Gods control.

A child can have more faith than anybody that he can fly, yet as time changes, maturity comes and he is okay that God does not allow humans to fly. The same goes for us, we can have all the faith in the world that we won't have cancer, but maybe the purpose is to have a testimony that can speak through the suffering

Suffering can still be a part of Gods will. Look at job, the whole time satan is under the constraint that God puts over him, God is still in control. All of the Christians, burned, tortured and martyred suffered. That was allowed by God. Yes the sin and curse are the reasons, but it is all in Gods control.

A child can have more faith than anybody that he can fly, yet as time changes, maturity comes and he is okay that God does not allow humans to fly. The same goes for us, we can have all the faith in the world that we won't have cancer, but maybe the purpose is to have a testimony that can speak through the suffering

No. Suffering is a part of living in the realm, this fallen world. It is not part of God's will. However, in a heart that is willing, God can turn it into something that glorifies Him, wrenching it from the domain of Satan, who is the author of all suffering.

So essentially, every cancer patient/suffering christian died because of a lack of faith.

That is not biblical, no matter how you look at it.

I do agree, that God can turn something bad into something that glorifies him, but I put my faith in God's will, not in healing. Maybe God plans for me to die being tortured, he's the one in control. I need to have faith in him and even if I'm being tortured, I can honor God until death.

Last edited:
God does heal, but it is too simplistic to say that a lack of faith is the reason someone dies of cancer.
There are many theories of what Paul's affliction was in 2 Cor 12:7-10, but what ever it was, it was not God:s will to remove it, even after Pail prayed three times that it be removed.
We must remember that the goodness of God is not measured by His making things comfortable for us. That is man centered thinking.
I truly believe that God is preparing us for an active life of service in His eternal kingdom and we must be taught many things, some being hard truths, in preparation.

Brother JUk NO and you are not 100 percent correct.
I ask of you this one question...........Have you done adequate research to say this ?
Perhaps it is just hear say that you picked up and are repeating ?
Just wondering
Blessings
Jim
Hahaha yes I have done adequate research.

I'm familiar with the scripture verses on faith, how important it is, and how it can move mountains. I would like to get opinions on some thoughts, or even doubts I have on the matter.

Praying for something more than once - Does doing so demonstrate lack of faith? For example, in my prayers each night I pray for the leaders of our country, that they would seek God's will and follow it, and I pray for those in the world being persecuted for following Jesus. If I have complete faith that God will answer my prayer though, why would I need to pray it every night? Wouldn't I just pray it once and then have faith that it is heard and will be dealt with? Is my praying it more than once demonstrating a lack of faith?

Not knowing God's will - If I pray for something, how can I have complete faith that God will answer it if I don't know His will? My nephew is very ill. The doctors have given him 6 to 12 months to live - and he is only in his 40s. This will be devastating to the family. I pray for God to give him healing, and I have complete faith that my prayer is heard. But what about that my prayer will be answered? What if it is not God's will that he live a long life? When we make a prayer to God, He does not always answer the way that we would like. So for those that say they have complete faith that God will answer their prayers, what is that based on? How do you know, using my example, that it is God's will that my nephew live or not?
"God's Will" is a faithless statement which gives the devil room to keep you and everyone else in doubt in this matter. Do you believe the word of God or not? That's the issue. Do YOU trust God's word to mean what is says and say what it means? Then you need to settle this answer right here and now. This is a big issue for the family of Christ and I find more would rather live by false teaching and give credence to the doctor than to claim the promises of God. So here goes: Have you read my thread on healings? http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/healings.42588/

So assuming that you have read it now, what are you going to do with them? Which promise are you (and he) going to hold onto?

Sin is the cause of all that's not right. That's its literal definition: to miss the mark. Your nephew is sick, have you followed the instructions of James 5? Has he confessed ALL his sins? Have the sins of his family been also confessed? Wife/kids? It's easier to believe we can catch the flu from someone around us than to believe that faith is a substance, the goo that makes the spiritual reality a physical reality. So, if the sins have been dealt with by all, then believe the word of God. That's it.

2 Corinthians 1:20 (KJV)
For all the promises of God in him [are] yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.​

How many promises? One, two? ALL! So what's the promise you need to hold onto? If he is a child of God then that's easy:

Isaiah 53:5 (KJV)
But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.​

1 Peter 2:24 (KJV)
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.​

Read my new thread on how scientists have found faith. http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/scientists-have-found-faith-and-dont-know-it.42802/

Someone utters some formulated words without a change of heart (repentance) and we accept them into the family of God as if they're Christians when they're not, while at the same time we don't follow the word of God and repent of sin. Then when illnesses creep in because of sin then everyone questions/begs/demands things of God. God is loving and when one repents of their sins, they'll be healed. When we leave the protection of God because of sin, we'll suffer the consequences. But God is faithful to forgive us - make right - our sins.

1 John 1:9 (KJV)
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.​

Here's the word for cleanse in the Greek:

1. to make clean, cleanse
a. from physical stains and dirt
1. utensils, food
2. a leper, to cleanse by curing
3. to remove by cleansing​
b. in a moral sense
1. to free from defilement of sin and from faults
2. to purify from wickedness
3. to free from guilt of sin, to purify
4. to consecrate by cleansing or purifying
5. to consecrate, dedicate​
2. to pronounce clean in a levitical sense

Since SIN is the cause of illness, when we're cleansed of it, we are made pure, clean, healed, dedicated, free!

BELIEVE WITH YOUR HEART AND THOU SHALT BE SAVED.

Joel 2:32a (KJV)
And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: ...​

Delivered means:

1. to slip away, escape, deliver, save, be delivered
a. (Niphal)
1. to slip away
2. to escape
3. to be delivered​
b. (Piel)
1. to lay, let slip out (of eggs)
2. to let escape
3. to deliver, save (life)​
c. (Hiphil)
1. to give birth to