Questionable science

Well that’s the same mindset that says it takes millions of years for ‘chance’ to form a watch, yet in the 20th century they were churning out hundreds in a day.
(yup, the science fiction writers should drop the ‘millions of years’ thing.

But the churning out is using chemicals to artificially do what time did to make the originals.

Church organizations world wide believed that capitulation to modern geology with its call for long ages undermined biblical authority and the Christian faith.

Then along with that, the teachings of Ellen G. White, the founder of Seventh-day Adventism, claimed to have visions from God about the creation of the world in six literal days as well as of a global Deluge that buried all life and produced the fossils.

Those opinions and White’s teachings and attitudes toward geology profoundly shaped not only Seventh-day Adventist thought but also the twentieth-century young-Earth creationist movement.

To answer the paradox between YEC and OEC many theologians began to come up with other explanations of why science said rocks were millions of years old and the Bible said 6000 years old. The "GAP" theory was one of those. Another was......."A separate Creation destroyed by another flood".

To answer the paradox between YEC and OEC many theologians began to come up with other explanations of why science said rocks were millions of years old and the Bible said 6000 years old. The "GAP" theory was one of those. Another was......."A separate Creation destroyed by another flood"
More speculation.

Specularite

type: mineral
color: gray to silver, sparkly
Found in: worldwide

Specularite is truly spectacular! When you rotate it, it glitters and listens. It has been used to make jewelry for hundreds of years. Specularite is a metallic form of the mineral hematite.
Named for the Greek word for "blood", when hematite is ground down, it has a reddish, rusty color. Fine ground hematite gives Mars its reddish color!

I am going to post pictures of all these rocks and then you have to match them up with the description...

More speculation.

I was a YEC many years ago as well. The older I got the more questions I accumulated to the point I had to turn to another explication crossnote.

I know that this can be a polarizing topic so I will not argue one way or the other.

Having spent untold amounts of time on this as I am sure you have as well, it is abundantly clear that different theories have their own "end-arounds." Please keep in mind that the mechanism of the development of life on earth is not a salvation issue and there are many faithful believers on all sides of the issue. But it is a good idea to get a general idea of the arguments.

Back