Questionable science

When God's WORD doesn't actually address an issue in detail, then the only thing that's COMPROMISED is Man's attempts at rationalizing his "theologies" out of his own wisdom.
Exactly, that's what happens when theories like the Gap theory and OEC are introduced into the plain and simple creation account of Gen 1 and 2.

Exactly, that's what happens when theories like the Gap theory and OEC are introduced into the plain and simple creation account of Gen 1 and 2.
am glad you guys agree

So do you reckon the stones and gems in my kit are 'millions of years old' or are they just as old as when God created them. Getting them out of the ground and polishing them doesn't create them, they were just always there right..hidden until someone found them. Thanks miners.

There are 3 types of rocks. Igneous (formed from volcanoes)
Sedimentary (formed from floods)
and Metamorphic (formed from a combination)

As far as I know volcanoes and floods don't take millions of years to happen. My book states that "metamorphic rocks are the result of change-big change. Heat and pressure can turn one rock into another. This process takes a long time...thousands of years, in fact! But the results can be amazing. With heat and pressure, any kind of rock can transform into a metamorphic rock."

Well, think about how clay turns to terracotta. It doesn't take thousands of years. It might take a few months from start to finish, but firing it in a kiln won't take thousands of years.

am glad you guys agree

So do you reckon the stones and gems in my kit are 'millions of years old' or are they just as old as when God created them. Getting them out of the ground and polishing them doesn't create them, they were just always there right..hidden until someone found them. Thanks miners.

There are 3 types of rocks. Igneous (formed from volcanoes)
Sedimentary (formed from floods)
and Metamorphic (formed from a combination)

As far as I know volcanoes and floods don't take millions of years to happen. My book states that "metamorphic rocks are the result of change-big change. Heat and pressure can turn one rock into another. This process takes a long time...thousands of years, in fact! But the results can be amazing. With heat and pressure, any kind of rock can transform into a metamorphic rock."

Well, think about how clay turns to terracotta. It doesn't take thousands of years. It might take a few months from start to finish, but firing it in a kiln won't take thousands of years.
Us guys agree? Well I'm not a gapper if that's what you mean. Evening and morning 6 times makes 6 days :) YEC here.
It doesn't take X amount of light years for us to see a star if God made the stars mature. Same with the geological formation, Adam and Eve and etc.

What about just middle-aged earth.
You guys are just grousing.

I want to tell you all to grow up, but I am probably younger than all of you anyway.

Not to speak of the gyrations and rationalizations of the YEC bunch.

Us guys agree? Well I'm not a gapper if that's what you mean. Evening and morning 6 times makes 6 days :) YEC here.
It doesn't take X amount of light years for us to see a star if God made the stars mature. Same with the geological formation, Adam and Eve and etc.

YEC? I like that...Young Earth Creation.

Getting back to the topic, I still think these rocks are cool and would like to display one in my home.

We have agate marbles in my curio collection.

Agate is a form of rock that should be included in this topic. It comes in different colors and is a type of quartz. Agates goes all the way back to the ancient Greeks to these times of marble competition in Wildwood, NJ.

As a playing toy, an agate marble makes a great shooter compared to the standard glass marbles.

here's what my book says about banded agate

type: sedimentary rock
color: many colors, milky, striped patterns
found: worldwide

Banded agate gets its name for its cool, colorful stripes, also called bands. (You may need to use your magnifying glass to see them!) Millions of years ago, water flowed through tiny holes in the rock, leaving minerals like silica behind. The silica mixed with impurities (such as iron) giving banded agate its signature stripes.

Or it could have just happened with Noah's big flood and then dried out and formed rock. Thousands of years ago.

haha millions of years, yet this home grown geode (it gives instructions on how to make it, using the crystal powder and plaster of paris and mould that comes in the kit) can be made and grown in just a week!

I'm like, just drop the 'millions of years' thing science writers, you ain't fooling anybody. If I can make one in a week, then surely it didn't take MILLIONS of years to form in the earth.
Well that’s the same mindset that says it takes millions of years for ‘chance’ to form a watch, yet in the 20th century they were churning out hundreds in a day.
(yup, the science fiction writers should drop the ‘millions of years’ thing.

Quartz crystal is used to keep time and actually it is a lot more accurate than mechanical wind up watches.

Here is what my book says

type: mineral
Color: pale to dark pink, milky or glassy-looking
Found in: Brazil, France, USA

Rose quartz is a member of the quartz family, one of the most common crystals on Earth. You can find traces of quartz hidden inside many rocks. Quartz releases electricity in a very predictable way when it is squeezed, making it great for helping you keep time- quartz is used in many watches. With its pretty pink color, rose quartz is popular in jewellery

Note: this write up doesn't say that it took millions of years to form also lol. You'd think for a crystal that kept time, maybe it could just tell us how old it is? lol. I think it just means it has a regular pulse or beat.

Quartz crystal is used to keep time and actually it is a lot more accurate than mechanical wind up watches.

Here is what my book says

type: mineral
Color: pale to dark pink, milky or glassy-looking
Found in: Brazil, France, USA

Rose quartz is a member of the quartz family, one of the most common crystals on Earth. You can find traces of quartz hidden inside many rocks. Quartz releases electricity in a very predictable way when it is squeezed, making it great for helping you keep time- quartz is used in many watches. With its pretty pink color, rose quartz is popular in jewellery

Note: this write up doesn't say that it took millions of years to form also lol. You'd think for a crystal that kept time, maybe it could just tell us how old it is? lol. I think it just means it has a regular pulse or beat.

Aside from the analytics of these rocks, I am still amazed at their formation and beauty. If I can find a rock museum then I'm definitely going to check it out.

Back