Questions

Thank you Boniface! I'm know that to be born again does not mean you have to get baptized... I just know that in all the churches around here, including the church I go to, people get baptized.I have accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior! However, I didn't know that's the same thing is being born again... Forgive my ignorance on the subject, sometimes I wish they would just say it means the same thing if it does. I didn't know that baptism and being saved go hand in hand for some people, but according to your post it seems too. Good to know. Many blessings to you :)
I understood but it's seem to me that Our dear sister Glomung does believes that baptism and New birth mean the same thing she said and im quoting "To be "born again" means to be baptized" and that is the post that i was trying to reply, i never assumed that you are ignorance on this matter.

Usually Somebody preach to you, you believe and confess Jesus as Your Lord and saviour and receive Him in Your heart now that's is the New birth and then you take the decision to be baptize, now those are two separete events. Infact we have Three baptism
1. Baptism in the Body of Christ Performed by the Holy spirit (New Birth) 1 Cor
2. Baptism of the water (this is the well known)
3. Baptism of the in The Holy spirit performed By Jesus (Jesus Baptize us in His spirit With evidence of speaking in tongue)
Number 2&3 baptism we can read it in Luke 3:16
Now is a Must for a believer to go through all Three of them Acts 19:1-6 So in anyway im not underestimating any of them im Just saying that to be saved or born again if you will it's link only to you believing in Jesus as Your Lord and Saviour, Salvation is by faith alone and we have the formula in Romans 10:9 that's why many Peoples get saved and never get the chance to be baptized in country where Christians are persecuted, when they come here In norway they want to be baptize as soon as possible because they became bornagain 3 or 4 years ago they experience the Holy Spirit and his gift but yet they are not yet baptized an exemple in the bible is Cornelius, Cornelius got saved, baptized With the Holy Spirit and then water baptism Acts 10:44-48 .

Rusty, I read that post as you did. But thinking about it I think there is a serious English difficulty. I doubt he meant it the way I/we automatically took it.

I much prefer cats, I understand them. It's not that I don't like dogs, my father was a dog person and we always had at least one around the house. We have a dog now, German Shephard, we got for my wife. He's an 80 lb goofball.

Sorry Boniface: I don't agree that all believers...
if you are saying I am unsaved if I do not
then I strongly disagree.
I would never question if a believer is saved or not Brother Rusty. As a minister when somebody get saved I will tell them that they must receive water baptism the same way I will tell them they must receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost, this is what Acts 2 and 10 is all a about when the disciples (in acts2) were baptized with fire and spoke in new tongues as John said in Luke 3:16. In Cornilius house we read the same thing Cornilius were baptized with the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues, acts 19 same thing it look like in the book of acts every time somebody get saved he receive the water and Spirit baptism. That's why I said is a must, but can somebody be saved and neither have the water or the spirit baptism? Absolutely, meny peoples has received Christ in the hospital just before to die, it's also hapenned in the bible the thief who receive Jesus at the cross, The Lord said to Him today you shall be with me in Paradise. Bottom Line is possible to be saved and not be baptize with the Holy Spirit if you go to my second Post you will see that I Said that there are 3 Baptism in the scripture the first one is when you are adopted in the body or family of Christ(when You get saved) and the three baptism are all separated to each one. Brother Rusty I believe that you are saved and I apologize if in anyway you felt that I doubted your salvation but I would like to tell you that speaking in tongue is really important for a Christian intact Paul says that it edify a Christian and you can also read Paul saying that he speak in tongue a lot, so is really important for us to know more a about the baptism of the spirit, May The Lord Blesses you Amen!!!

Rusty, I read that post as you did. But thinking about it I think there is a serious English difficulty. I doubt he meant it the way I/we automatically took it.
Yes I'm learning to write and speak better, Sorry for my confusings posts but I promise I will get better!!! Be all bless amen.

Yes I'm learning to write and speak better, Sorry for my confusings posts but I promise I will get better!!! Be all bless amen.
Hi Boniface. I do believe the baptism of the Holy Spirit is important, as you stated, and I believe speaking in tongues gives our spirit direct communication with God, bypassing the blocks we tend to put up mentally and giving our spirit a way to dump the accumulated mental trash we pick up walking in this world.
Many people are very uncomfortable with the gifts of the Spirit because of all the fraudulent abuse conducted in the name of the Holy Spirit here in America. So many take it so far it becomes the focal point of their praise and worship to the point of overshadowing Christ in their lives. Healing services can easily become a circus. Prophecy can easily become a soapbox for the deranged. The word of knowledge can easily become a tool of manipuation and control.
It becomes easier for some to simplify their belief system and "throw out the baby with the bathwater". I can definitely relate to those fears, but for those of us in extreme persecution and oppression, it is vital to have that communication line open for our spirits to reach out to the Father in our hour of need. I speak in tongues in private.
I recieved a healing at a service conducted by the Evangelist Joe Donato when I was 18. He looked straight at me in a crowd and knew my ailment. I was not interviewed before hand. There was no way for him to know. The service was calm. No circus.
Joe's favorite places to go were India and South Africa and made many trips there. He was very active in schools, orphanages and churches in those countries. He is now retired due to age and health. He drove an old used car and lived in a donated house in a poor neighborhood in California. He is the greatest Christian I ever personally knew.

Many people are very uncomfortable with the gifts of the Spirit because of all the fraudulent abuse conducted in the name of the Holy Spirit here in America. So many take it so far it becomes the focal point of their praise and worship to the point of overshadowing Christ in their lives. Healing services can easily become a circus. Prophecy can easily become a soapbox for the deranged. The word of knowledge can easily become a tool of manipuation and control.
It becomes easier for some to simplify their belief system and "throw out the baby with the bathwater". I can definitely relate to those fears, but for those of us in extreme persecution and oppression, it is vital to have that communication line open for our spirits to reach out to the Father in our hour of need. I speak in tongues in private.
I recieved a healing at a service conducted by the Evangelist Joe Donato when I was 18. He looked straight at me in a crowd and knew my ailment. I was not interviewed before hand. There was no way for him to know. The service was calm. No circus.
Joe's favorite places to go were India and South Africa and made many trips there. He was very active in schools, orphanages and churches in those countries. He is now retired due to age and health. He drove an old used car and lived in a donated house in a poor neighborhood in California. He is the greatest Christian I ever personally knew.

That's amazing! Can you tell me more? What was the ailment?

Back