Re-thinking "Job"

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOWEVER GOD DID SAY THIS......"BEHOLD he is already in your hand"
We don't use the word Behold much at all these days. I mean when was the last time you heard some one say BEHOLD is not this car beautiful ?

Now if you look up this word "Behold" in any of the translations such as Hebrew or Greek or English or Spanish or any other translation...YOU WILL LEARN that it ALWAYS MEANS " Look and see. Wake up and pay attention"

See God was telling satan that JOB had already opened the door to him or had given satan the right to do as he wanted to do. God was simply telling the devil the truth....Job hadalready tore down the protective hedge around him ( the blessing of God) when hestepped out into fear and worry and doubt. HOWEVER God did sent a boundary.....sparehis life or another words satin could do whatever....EXCEPT....KILL JOB...
That protective hedge must not have been very strong if Job could just tear it down like that.

Just admit you don't like the fact that evil happens to people without them being the cause of it.

Jim, can you help me here? Doesn't it say in James that we're supposed to have the patience of Job? Can you remember the chapter and verse?

5:11
Meaning endurence.....standing unto the end.
Job is a complex book. It has many parts and directions to it.
People twist what is said.. Job stepped out intofear and doubt which always gives satan a right a you that he did not have coming. NOTE I did not say sin or sinned or sinning.

God speaks and job sinned not..........what God is talking about is job cursing God. Job never did this and that is why God says job is blamless. The entire situation of job is because satan wanted what job had and wanted job to curse God so he could take what job had. Again it did not go the devils way.

Blessings
Jim

We don't use the word Behold much at all these days. I mean when was the last time you heard some one say BEHOLD is not this car beautiful ?

Now if you look up this word "Behold" in any of the translations such as Hebrew or Greek or English or Spanish or any other translation...YOU WILL LEARN that it ALWAYS MEANS " Look and see. Wake up and pay attention"

See God was telling satan that JOB had already opened the door to him or had given satan the right to do as he wanted to do. God was simply telling the devil the truth....Job hadalready tore down the protective hedge around him ( the blessing of God) when hestepped out into fear and worry and doubt. HOWEVER God did sent a boundary.....sparehis life or another words satin could do whatever....EXCEPT....KILL JOB...
So Job was in fear before satan attacked him?

That protective hedge must not have been very strong if Job could just tear it down like that.

Just admit you don't like the fact that evil happens to people without it being their fault.

Brother Cosmic it is so noce to see you once again. I look forward to your replies. ;)
Cosmic.......GOD has set laws intyo being. God tells us and teaches us to walk in faith. When we dont there are consequences and nothing you or I say or feel about it willnot change it.

You step out side of faith and into fear, doubt and unbelief you open the door to satan. Acting in the flesh does the same. These are the ways satan has the ability to get to us. What do you not believe in this ?
Blessings Cosmic

But God said that after the challenge was made though.

Brother Cosmic it is so noce to see you once again. I look forward to your replies. ;)
Cosmic.......GOD has set laws intyo being. God tells us and teaches us to walk in faith. When we dont there are consequences and nothing you or I say or feel about it willnot change it.

You step out side of faith and into fear, doubt and unbelief you open the door to satan. Acting in the flesh does the same. These are the ways satan has the ability to get to us. What do you not believe in this ?
Blessings Cosmic
There is nothing in Job indicating he stepped out of faith. He remained faithful during his suffering. Yes he got depressed and started saying things he shouldn't have, but he still knew God was good and he never charged him with wrongdoing.

Why would God call Job upright and blameless if he was fearful and doubting? Satan wanted to test Job's faithfulness and God allowed him to do that. This didn't happen because Job had fear and doubt.

Just admit you don't like the fact that evil happens to people without them being the cause of it.

What blesses me about the story of Job is that God rewarded Job with more than he had before the trials. What a loving and faithful God! Jesus said we'd have tribulations in this life but we'd have the faith to overcome them. (Please quote Jesus with the book and verse.) I love you guys!

What blesses me about the story of Job is that God rewarded Job with more than he had before the trials. What a loving and faithful God! Jesus said we'd have tribulations in this life but we'd have the faith to overcome them. (Please quote Jesus with the book and verse.) I love you guys!

Little has been said about "Mrs. Job." If memory serves me, didn't she survive with Job, and become the mother of his new family?
She wasn't as strong as Job. She said "curse God and die." What terrible times they faced--and to have his companions blame Job for his circumstances! Well, Christians are being martyred today and their example is something to take to heart.

Little has been said about "Mrs. Job." If memory serves me, didn't she survive with Job, and become the mother of his new family?
She wasn't as strong as Job. She said "curse God and die." What terrible times they faced--and to have his companions blame Job for his circumstances! Well, Christians are being martyred today and their example is something to take to heart.
I have wondered what happened to Job's wife as well. She obviously was not a model wife. It doesn't say anything about her besides that one verse. I wonder if she ended up being the mother of his new children or if God gave him a new wife.

In my opinion... The book of Job is like stumbling on a gold mine.
Yes, the three friends go on a bit even though they should see they are fighting a loosing battle.
But there is so much in this book to teach. So much revealed about God for us. Gold indeed.

See what Job admits in 42:3-6

I read the Job passage twice...I don't see what Job admitted?

Job 3:25-26 (KJV)
For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.

All human beings and animals are made with the instinct of fear. It is a flight or fight reflex. God only made the behemoth without fear and my guess is this is the great dragon. Fear IS NOT a sin. Scripture tells us to flee evil. It says several times that Job is a model of worshipper and blameless. And yet you want to say this is brought on by something Job did. Your scripture contradicts. The verses have already been given and are plain. What part of blameless isn't gotten by folks??

Job_41:33
Upon earth there is not his like (behemoth), who is made without fear.

His WIFE was no help, "curse God and die!!"
-soupy

In the Hebrew - it's even MORE harsh...

She literally declares:
Curse God and kill yourself.

Notice that these are Satan's words from his challenge with God - Job will Curse God to His face....

But... when he FINALLY gets his chance - you realize that all of his "Complaint" was all simply emotion... Physical frustration and pain... because when he FINALLY comes into The Holines of God - all he wants to do is to worship.....

And how many times are we like this... We have this whole fancy elocution worked out.. A fine speech.. A well thought out diatribe... All of our questions arranged precisely... All sorts of words and plans.... and when we TRULY come into the Presence of the Holiness of God - ALL we can muster is to declare "You are holy and I am unworthy to stand in your presence".....

Thanks

All human beings and animals are made with the instinct of fear. It is a flight or fight reflex. God only made the behemoth without fear and my guess is this is the great dragon. Fear IS NOT a sin. Scripture tells us to flee evil. It says several times that Job is a model of worshipper and blameless. And yet you want to say this is brought on by something Job did. Your scripture contradicts. The verses have already been given and are plain. What part of blameless isn't gotten by folks??

Job_41:33
Upon earth there is not his like (behemoth), who is made without fear.
I've said all I'm going to say on this matter because I can't get people to understand what I'm saying.

I've said all I'm going to say on this matter because I can't get people to understand what I'm saying.

Know how you feel. I love ya and respect your opinions, so I dislike when we disagree and as always, you remain in my prayers. I leave you with these scriptures to ponder:
Mat_6:19
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mat_6:20
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

Maybe Job's wife had a change of heart afterwards. We've said foolish things in the past as well (...maybe not as foolish), and God changed us.

Maybe Job's wife had a change of heart afterwards. We've said foolish things in the past as well (...maybe not as foolish), and God changed us.

She would also have been grieving their childrens loss. But I am reminded that right after Peter recognized that Yeshua was the Son of God. This happened:
Mat 16:22
Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
Mat 16:23
But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men
So it could be Satan was speaking thru her.

The exact exchange is below but (again) the lesson that good and bad comes to those who believe.
Job 2:9
Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die.
Job 2:10
But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.

God tells the 3 friends of Job, at the end, that they should sacrifice and ask Job to pray for them. Isn't sacrifice for their sin (folly)....not Job?
Job 42:7
And it was so, that after the LORD had spoken these words unto Job, the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.
Job 42:8
Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job.

See what Job admits in 42:3-6

Ooops - apologies.....I looked up the wrong verse. Job seems to be saying that seeing brings hearing to a whole new level and as @JohnC posted: he felt unworthy. This was just after the behemoth section. I agree with you that Job is a very valueable book.

Job 42:1
Then Job answered the LORD, and said,
Job 42:2
I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.
Job 42:3
Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.
Job 42:4
Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.
Job 42:5
I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.
Job 42:6
Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back