Religion, Faith And Rituals

Ok

ok since that's the case, which it is cuz it's in the bible. Than someone please explain to me how than me being a sinner and sinning everyday god still answers my prayers and gives me what I ask for?? See that's why I'm confused

God is being merciful toyou, because He loves you and is calling you to Himself. If it were not so, He would have withheld mercy from you and would have let His righteousness takes its course; which is justice, and justice demands death. But God, in showing you mercy, has withheld justice so that He might draw you th the ONE who died for your sin, and the sins off the world.

Walk in Truth.

I can't pin point exact examples because I do not read the bible all the time. But when it talks about punishing and eye for an eye. Like really! I thought god was love and understanding. Don't it also say if you get slap turn the other cheek too. So is it turn the other cheek too or is it eye for an eye?? I'm trying to understand. I think that's why I don't follow religion and read the bible much. All I know god is with us protects us and loves us.

I thought god was love and understanding.

Really? Thats all? Who told you this lie...God made a place for self lords like Satan and his minions...millions of people will be going there as well. When God says "Thou shalt not..." it is because of love but if you do it anyway what do you expect, a free pass...over and over...

What if you said to your child, "You shall not run out into the busy street for in the day you do you shall surely get hit by a car"...and then the foolish child does it any way over and over until SSssmmmaaash! Was the parent being mean? Or unjust? or unloving? The parent was not saying "If you do I will smash you with a car"...no, no, no...He is warning them because He loves them but the consequence is awful because they would not heed His word and appreciate the wisdom of it....now they must pay the price. The parent now is angry and grieved because of this rebellion and self willed self lordship (they acted as their own lord, deciding good and evil for themselves) but that does not mean He does not love them or is not "loving" or "understanding" no indeed it proves it even more....Jesus explains eye for eye in "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"...in other words do not take your brothers eye as you should deserve your own eye to be taken if you will to do such a thing.

brother Paul

God is being merciful toyou, because He loves you and is calling you to Himself. If it were not so, He would have withheld mercy from you and would have let His righteousness takes its course; which is justice, and justice demands death. But God, in showing you mercy, has withheld justice so that He might draw you th the ONE who died for your sin, and the sins off the world.

Walk in Truth.
You are very encouraging. Thank you so much. That gave me an understanding. God really is showing me some kind of mercy. I am grateful for that. I try all the time to not sin and get out of sinful ways but it's so hard especially that my hubby is a complete non believer. Thank you for taking the time to explain things and not judge me or jump on me like some others.

You are very encouraging. Thank you so much. That gave me an understanding. God really is showing me some kind of mercy. I am grateful for that. I try all the time to not sin and get out of sinful ways but it's so hard especially that my hubby is a complete non believer. Thank you for taking the time to explain things and not judge me or jump on me like some others.
What is important to know is that earth is a place of choice for everyone, just like it was for Adam and Eve. The choice is almost the same. In both Adam and Eve's case and the rest of humanity's case there is a choice between having faith and trust in God and what he says and having faith in everything other than God. The difference between Adam and Eve's first choice and the rest of humanities choice is that Adam and Eve had a choice of having faith in what God said without the need for a savior at first. Once they sinned and sin entered the world through them the choice was still between having faith in God or having faith in everything else, but having faith in God now requires you to have faith in God's Son Jesus as a payment for your sins. Every single person who ever has walked, is walking, and will walk on earth has sinned, except for Jesus Christ the Son of God. Because of this every person needs salvation. Those who stand before God in the end who by faith asked Jesus to be the payment for their sin, receive the Holy Spirit in themselves as a promise that they now belong to God. When someone is saved by God they have their sins nailed to the cross (past, present, and future) and they die to their sin selves and are raised in Christ as a new creation. They are a new creation because they no longer live to themselves, but Christ lives through them.

How is this done? The Holy Spirit in the person teaches the believer all things they need to know and works through the person with power from God and the fruit of the Spirit.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control" (Galatians 5:22-23).

This does not mean that a believer will never sin again, because the believer might stumble and revert back to their sin selves, but that when they live in the Holy Spirit they don't sin because there is no sin in the Holy Spirit. Again it is the choice moment by moment to believe God's way by faith and not sin or to turn to other things and sin. Nevertheless because the person has their faith in Christ all of their sins are forgiven and in the end when they stand before God they are seen through righteous Jesus, rather than seen as the sinful beings that they used to be.

Those who haven't accepted God's free gift of salvation will have to stand before God in their own selves with all their sins still upon them. God will not let them remain with him because he is holy and will not have unholiness with him. If he did then it would just be as earth eternally. We are looking forward to something better.

Now on earth people experience beauty and destruction. We can see the choice. But in the end all of God's love will be taken out of the realm of the unbelievers and be in the realm of the believers. Those, like those in the New Age who experience types of beauty will no longer have God's love and will be left with their sins and the torture that sin creates.

You have this choice now. Everlasting beauty or everlasting devastation. You seem like you love the beauty, but the beauty only remains for those who have Christ as the payment for their sins. God gave each person free will to choose.

Magdalena you started your post with your belief in God and feel he is answering prayers but totally disregard Jesus. This is a Christian forum and we welcome non-believers, but don't get offended when we provide you with our beliefs after you provided us with yours. Off what I believe, and this comes from the Bible, we need Jesus and he is the only way to God. Please feel free to express your views but don't expect us to just sit back and agree with you.

Magdalena you started your post with your belief in God and feel he is answering prayers but totally disregard Jesus. This is a Christian forum and we welcome non-believers, but don't get offended when we provide you with our beliefs after you provided us with yours. Off what I believe, and this comes from the Bible, we need Jesus and he is the only way to God. Please feel free to express your views but don't expect us to just sit back and agree with you.
I don't expect anyone to agree with me. I believe how I choose to believe and you believe how you choose to believe. Jesus is the son of god not god himself. I pray directly to god. I'm thankful to Jesus for dying for our sins and for being as wonderful as he was when he walked the earth. But right now he is with our father in heaven. He's the right hand if god. I still feel that praying to god is the way to pray as he is the only one that answers. It's like catholic religion they pray to saints and Mary. I was raised catholic but dropped it as soon as I started to develop my own personal relationship with god. I love god and he's done things for me and in my life that I will always be greatful for. I look at it like this, I might be wrong, god is my father and Jesus my brother.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me. I believe how I choose to believe and you believe how you choose to believe. Jesus is the son of god not god himself. I pray directly to god. I'm thankful to Jesus for dying for our sins and for being as wonderful as he was when he walked the earth. But right now he is with our father in heaven. He's the right hand if god. I still feel that praying to god is the way to pray as he is the only one that answers. It's like catholic religion they pray to saints and Mary. I was raised catholic but dropped it as soon as I started to develop my own personal relationship with god. I love god and he's done things for me and in my life that I will always be greatful for. I look at it like this, I might be wrong, god is my father and Jesus my brother.
I just want to show you that Jesus is not only the Son of God, but is God as well

""In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God (John1:1). "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth" (John 1:14).

From these two verses we can see that Jesus was the Word and it says, "the Word was God."

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am (John 8:58).
"And God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM'; and He said, Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you (Exodus 3:14).

Again by comparing scriptures we see that Jesus was God.

"Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death-- even death on a cross" (Philippians 2:5-8).

"But of the Son He says, "Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom" (Hebrews 1:8).

Jesus is not God the Father, but God the Son.

Beloved, pou are still speaking a different language: it is a language many of us here have already forgotten! Yes, Jesus is the son of God; that is, the flesh was. But God was "...in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself.". I can relate to you, because I,
too, used to pray to God: and He would hear me!!! I said, "God, I need a job 'cause I don't want to steal..."; and He would refer me to a place where I could earn money and learn a skill. That easy. But, we forget.

Magdalena, again you are correct; Jesus is with the Father, and sitted at God's right hand. But the Father has given all authority to the Son, because it is the son who was sacrificed. So God had commanded us to ask everything in the son's NAME, "...that the Father may be glorified in the son." It is the son, Jesus, to whom the Father conferred that we may receive mercy, remission of sins, the Holy spirit, and grace: "...for there is none other NAME under heaven, given among men, in which we must be saved."
In conferring all authority to the son, Jesus, the Father has also conferred all judgment. And it is only by and through the son that we may really know the Father: for it is the Father that is introducing us to the son.

Beloved, rejoice in the son, and you will delight the Father.

You are not a "Trinitarian" that's for sure but all you posted here is totally Biblical so you are fine at this stage (maybe further than some and not than others). I do hold a trinitarian perspective here (and agree with Olivia and Marios interpretation) but I will say the Bible nowhere requires my perspective for salvation. Not everyone I have fellowshipped with or spoken with believes Jesus is God manifest in the flesh or maybe they (to me) overemphasize the "IN" the flesh (God being in Christ reconciling the world to Himself also gets this difference of interpretation)...but please stay on board Magdelena, do not get discouraged, you do contribute and make some of us re-think on some issues...but know this, MOST on this forum are trinitarians...

I am not sure why I posted this I felt moved to do so...I hope it spoke to someone

In His love

brother Paul

You are not a "Trinitarian" that's for sure but all you posted here is totally Biblical so you are fine at this stage (maybe further than some and not than others). I do hold a trinitarian perspective here (and agree with Olivia and Marios interpretation) but I will say the Bible nowhere requires my perspective for salvation. Not everyone I have fellowshipped with or spoken with believes Jesus is God manifest in the flesh or maybe they (to me) overemphasize the "IN" the flesh (God being in Christ reconciling the world to Himself also gets this difference of interpretation)...but please stay on board Magdelena, do not get discouraged, you do contribute and make some of us re-think on some issues...but know this, MOST on this forum are trinitarians...

I am not sure why I posted this I felt moved to do so...I hope it spoke to someone

In His love

brother Paul

""Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone (Mark 10:18). We must believe that Jesus was good and perfect to be saved.

Ok

ok since that's the case, which it is cuz it's in the bible. Than someone please explain to me how than me being a sinner and sinning everyday god still answers my prayers and gives me what I ask for?? See that's why I'm confused
Two possibilities? 1 is that you have made contact with a spirit that is trying to convince you that it is god. and this spirit is making things happen around you to keep you in its deception.

2 That God is dealing with based upon what you will become and who you are in Christ (if in fact you are).

What sort of prayers and answers are you speaking of as evidence? The scriptures are very clear that God does not give us that we use for our own lust.

there is one good only God...

I agree Olivia. Jesus was saying "Do you know what you are saying? Do you realize who I Am?", but some interpret this passage literally as Jesus declaring He is not God. We know that if Jesus was just a "good man" this goes against so much of scripture...even the English word "God" comes from "good" because ultimately He alone is pure Good...all of humankind is of the fruit of good and evil...having some good and some evil and calling it good is like saying half-truths are TRUTH...

If one fills a bucket half way with good water and puts one drop of infectious puss into it, the whole barrel is unclean...now even if by good works I fill the rest of the barrel with clean pure water (if even that were possible)...the whole barrel is still infected....

I know the Bible teaches YHVH (the Word/Son) became Jesus who was the Messiah

in His love

brother Paul

I would explain another aspect of Gods grace for the believer "in Christ" God gives grace to the humble and resist the proud. A self-righteous person is in pride, a person who knows "sin" and continues in sin, is in pride. (not in Christ) if one of these people tell me God is doing this or that in response to there prayer, I would doubt that it is Gods grace.

Well if you had first used these terms "I try not to sin" and to get out of sinful ways... Then I would have understood the terms of your obedience to God was a matter of obedience from the heart. But what you did was present yourself as being without obedience to God. And this caused me to "think" of all the legalist who attempt to make the doctrines of Gods grace appear as "lasciviousness"

Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

The word "turning" in effect is to make Grace appear as lasciviousness. Real grace has real power to bring those under grace into godliness.

Tit 2:11 ¶ For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

I am a believer in god, god is a big part of my everyday life. I'm definitely not perfect. I sin everyday. I guess I worship differently than a lot of people. I put behind me everything I was thought and came to my own conclusions. I don't believe god is this mighty serious spirit. I believe god is just like us with a sense of humour and all. I also don't believe in giving money to the collection plate, you're just paying the preachers salary. The way I look at it is that when Jesus used to be here he never asked for a penny and still thought gods word. I think religion is men made and I don't follow any. When asked I say I believe in god but I don't follow religion. I also don't believe that god will leave you when you sin, I sin all the time yet god still answers my prayers and is there for me everyday. I believe that as long as you have god in your heart and have faith and make god a significant part of your life you're ok.
Magdalena,

God has used humor with me and I know Him as not some big authoritarian, but as pure true innocence and love. Although I am presenting scripture, I want you to know that God is the depth of my reality in existence. He is not some far off notion in a book. My life and will are intertwined with the beauty that He is. Scripture when it is alive is not just a reading in the book. His Spirit, His Word actually is life as you read it. God is more real to me than this reality called earth.

Ever hear the Orthodox explanation of the fall and salvation? It is an interesting study...

Christ is the only GOOD...

Just for edification if any would listen to the whole presentation...

Have you presented this video for a discussion? Like many things in what is called "Christianity" I find some things to which I can agree and some things to which it is impossible. That Jesus Christ is the "tree of Life" in this I will gladly agree.

I would explain another aspect of Gods grace for the believer "in Christ" God gives grace to the humble and resist the proud. A self-righteous person is in pride, a person who knows "sin" and continues in sin, is in pride. (not in Christ) if one of these people tell me God is doing this or that in response to there prayer, I would doubt that it is Gods grace.

Very well: God gives grace to the believer; and He has shown and gives mercy to them that He is calling to His grace. To those who are under God's mercy, we should speak words of mercy that we may lead them to grace. If one is not showing mercy, then one cannot certainly lead anyone to grace! If one speaks only in terms of "grace", sans mercy, one has entered into "legalism".

Candelario Mario Villa

Have you presented this video for a discussion? Like many things in what is called "Christianity" I find some things to which I can agree and some things to which it is impossible. That Jesus Christ is the "tree of Life" in this I will gladly agree.

No not necessary but yes Messiah Jesus is THE good and yes He through the cross IS the tree of life...that was the real point (at least from their view)...as a discussion Vid I guess we could open a different thread

Very well: God gives grace to the believer; and He has shown and gives mercy to them that He is calling to His grace. To those who are under God's mercy, we should speak words of mercy that we may lead them to grace. If one is not showing mercy, then one cannot certainly lead anyone to grace! If one speaks only in terms of "grace", sans mercy, one has entered into "legalism".

Candelario Mario Villa
Yes you should show mercy and reject legalism(y)

Back