Restaurant Names

Dear bobinfaith,
It’s been awhile since we’ve been there so I looked into it a bit

A year or so before covid they closed the existing restaurant for a complete renovation that was to include a glass floor and all new decor.
Then covid arrived, and in Seattle, if not every where, it decimated the restaurant business here.
Consequently, the plans apparently changed for the restaurant and it is now a bar/lounge for only 21 and over called “The Loupe Lounge”.
Sadly, I doubt we will be going back now that it is no longer family friendly restaurant.
:(
So, does it not revolve anymore?😞

I’m joining the game 😁

I have got some Christian / biblical cafe ideas too. Read on….

Hupomone- this Greek restaurant/ cafe serves food and it takes steadfast and active endurance, on behalf of the customer ( not a passive waiting for it to be delivered.)😬
The word hupomone is Greek and it means patience 😇

The sassy Simcha- this is a Jewish cafe and all that enter must first sing joyous praises to God until the chef has delivered the food. As the word simcha means joy which stemmed from Jeremiah the prophet who welcomed Jewish weddings:

So maybe the plaque outside will read and encourage the kind of joy in the cafe..…

The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride”

Jeremiah 33:11

Takeaway=takeout
Except it may not be a 'drive through' but if you are in a car, you park and go up to the counter to order, or order on the phone then wait in your car or in the takeaway/street till the food is cooked to collect and takeaway (take away to eat). Usually its food you can eat with your hands, not requiring utensils.

:) Yes, I think it still revolves and has the spectacular views, but it has spun itself out of our personal orbit as we long ago found bars and lounges not to our idea of relaxation.

Who knows, perhaps they will reinvent it again and return it to the more welcoming family style restaurant it once was.
We have a revolving restaurant up the Sky Tower in Auckland called Orbit
But it its super expensive so, don't think many people go. If you want to pay $90 a head maybe?

When traveling for work a few years ago I came across Maryland Fried Chicken in Florida. I don't think they have any in Maryland state (it seems to be a southern US chain). Apparently it refers to an Australian style of cooking chicken.

We have a revolving restaurant up the Sky Tower in Auckland called Orbit
But it its super expensive so, don't think many people go. If you want to pay $90 a head maybe?
In Arlington near the Pentagon there is a rotating bar/restaurant (Sky Dome) at the top of a hotel. When I was taking a few classes to keep my skills current my class had an end-of-course celebration there. Good views of Washington monuments and the Pentagon.

I would go in there just to see how much I could eat.lol

Most of the restaurants near me are named fairly boring names. But something fun and eye catching would pique my attention and I would go if others were also in.

If I don’t see people eating in a resteraunt I don’t go in as I like looking at the food and the people eating to see if they are enjoying it.
What a great idea 😆

My favourite restaurant has a name that Lanolin mentioned, Hungry Horse

Some of ours here are

Sun in September
Moon Under Water
The Ashey
Table, Table
29 Steps
59 Dina
TGIF

Can't think of any more just there are loads of them.

Great topic Lanolin
God Bless

Last edited by a moderator:
Back