Revelation

Thanks Major -Great topic for some learning! Looking forward to the learning :)
A question: Aside from Daniel, what other books will be mentioned in the discussion / study?

Thank you for the comment.

In the Scriptures, "prophesy" makes up about 25% of all Scriptures.

I would say that I will mention and comment on many other Scriptures which will be done to validate and confirm the Revelation.

Revelation 1:3...…….
'Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.'

Why read the Revelation???? Why do the study of a book so filled with symbols and innuendos??? Why study things that are so hard to understand?

Some people who believe in the "Catching Away" say...……"We will not be here so why be concerned?"

The answer is right here in front of us and it is only found in this one verse.
"BLESSED IS THE ONE WHO READS AND THOSE THAT HEAR THE WORDS OF THIS PROPHESY".

God promises a blessing to those who read this book and those who hear. Now think for just a moment.
Why would God promise a blessing to us if the words are too hard to understand???

Another very important reality is that in John's day, the early church, there were only a few people who could read. So the more who read the Revelation blessed those who could not read.

Our understanding the Revelation is not the problem...IMO. The problem is a lack of STUDY on our part so as to be able to grasp what God has said.

That can also be said of the other Scriptures in the Bible. Sometimes.....we must get rid of wrong teaching so as to be able to understand correct exegesis and that is the problem of a lot of people. Some people are so convinced in what they know that they become UNTEACHABLE. In other words......
they know what they like and like what they know, even if what that is......IS WRONG.

50 years ago I was a District manager of a large retail chain. One of the things that we saw from people we hired is that they would bring experience from another retail business but some of it was WRONG. The new associates had to be taught to FORGET the wrong stuff before they could learn the RIGHT stuff.
In that reality, it was better to know nothing about retail sales than to incorporate the OLD WRONG stuff with the NEW RIGHT stuff.

Bible study for some people can be the same way.

Example...…..Verse 3 we see these words----"Because the end is close at hand".

Now some people will say that means Jesus is coming next week or next year. However that is not the way it is to be understood.

What it means in the CONTEXT of all the prophetic Scriptures is that WHEN those things begin to take place, they will move very quickly because there will be only 7 years until Armageddon.

Daniel 9:27 tells us...…………..
"And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

"COVENANT" here is a peace treaty.
"HE" in verse 27 is the coming Anti-Christ.
"ONE WEEK" here is Seven (7) Years.
"Even until the consummation" is Armageddon.

So then, we see that the coming A/C will make a peace treaty for 7 years between Israel and those at war with them.

I would suggest right here a good reading for CONTEXT would be Ezekiel 38. ……..

"And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,
And say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:
And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:
Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:
Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.
Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.
After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.
Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee."

For there to be a PEACE TREATY there must 1st be a war/conflict. It seems to me that Ezekiel 38 is describing that very event to us.

The ABOMINATIONS are the judgments of God that will fall unto the people left on the Earth after the Catching Away. From the Catching Away to Armageddon is 7 years.

That...…..again means when the events start, they will move very fast.

You and ME also. When we stop learning...……...we die!
hehehe I was just gonna say that :) However, when we get to heaven we will live for eternity. Therefore we will always be learning. :cool:👍

This is a Major thread considering the time we are in. ( pun intended)

Last edited:
hehehe I was just gonna say that :) However, when we get to heaven we will live for eternity. Therefore we will always be learning. :cool:👍

This is a Major thread considering to time we are in. ( pun intended)

Amen brother. Just think...…...when we get to heaven we will have the mind of Christ. That is both scary and exciting.

1 Corinthians 2:16 …………...
“For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ".

This thread has been moved to the Doctrinal Discussions area as requested, where it may receive more views and replies.

Revelation 1:4...………….
"John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne".

John is addressing Seven local churches in Asia Minor or our present day Turkey.

Allow me to call your attention to the number Seven. Seven stands for "Complete". The number Seven has to do with God's covenant and dealings with Israel. The Sabbath, circumcision and worship are all hinged around the SEVENTH Day.

Some examples are...…….

1). Jericho was marched around SEVEN times.
2). Naaman was dipped in the Jordan River SEVEN times.
3). In Joseph's day, there was SEVEN years of plenty and SEVEN years of famine.
4). Nebuchadnezzar was insane for SEVEN years.
5). There are SEVEN Beatitudes in the New Test.
6). There are SEVEN petitions in the Lord's prayer.
7). There are SEVEN parabels in Matthew 13.
8). SEVEN loaves of bread fed the multitude.
9). Jesus spoke SEVEN times from the cross.
10).There are SEVEN Spirits.
11). SEVEN stars.
12).SEVEN candlesticks.
13).SEVEN Trumpets judgments.
14).SEVEN Bowl judgments.
15). SEVEN days in a week.
16).SEVEN basis colors.
17). SEVEN basic musical notes.
18).The cells in our bodies changes every SEVEN years.

IMO, the number SEVEN in the Revelation can not be ignored or thought to be an accident or coincidence. It is one of the KEYS to understanding the symbols contained in the book and if you miss that, you will come up with the wrong understanding.

So then, we see here in the 4th verse, SEVEN churches. That means the SEVEN churches are "Inclusive" of all churches.

John says...……"Grace be unto you and peace".

Peace flows from grace and grace is the source of all our blessings from God today. The Revelation reveals the grace of God and also peace from God.
That means we do not need neither should we be frightened as you read and study this book. We can and should have the peace of God in our hearts.

Then notice that the information is ………."From Him, and from the SEVEN Spirits. That brings the Trinity before us.
The..."SEVEN SPIRITS" refers to the Holy Spirit and IMO it also refers to the SEVEN branches of the Lampstand that was in the Tabernacle. More on that when we get to it.

Then we see...………"Which is, and which was and which is to come".

That emphasizes the eternity and immutability of God. Notice.

Notice now the mention of each member of the Trinity.
1). In the next verse #5 is Jesus Christ who is God the Son.
2). The "SEVEN Spirits is God the Holy Spirit.
3). "Him which is and which was and which is to come refers to God the Father.

Revelation 1:4...………….
"John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne".

John is addressing Seven local churches in Asia Minor or our present day Turkey.

Allow me to call your attention to the number Seven. Seven stands for "Complete". The number Seven has to do with God's covenant and dealings with Israel. The Sabbath, circumcision and worship are all hinged around the SEVENTH Day.

Some examples are...…….

1). Jericho was marched around SEVEN times.
2). Naaman was dipped in the Jordan River SEVEN times.
3). In Joseph's day, there was SEVEN years of plenty and SEVEN years of famine.
4). Nebuchadnezzar was insane for SEVEN years.
5). There are SEVEN Beatitudes in the New Test.
6). There are SEVEN petitions in the Lord's prayer.
7). There are SEVEN parabels in Matthew 13.
8). SEVEN loaves of bread fed the multitude.
9). Jesus spoke SEVEN times from the cross.
10).There are SEVEN Spirits.
11). SEVEN stars.
12).SEVEN candlesticks.
13).SEVEN Trumpets judgments.
14).SEVEN Bowl judgments.
15). SEVEN days in a week.
16).SEVEN basis colors.
17). SEVEN basic musical notes.
18).The cells in our bodies changes every SEVEN years.

IMO, the number SEVEN in the Revelation can not be ignored or thought to be an accident or coincidence. It is one of the KEYS to understanding the symbols contained in the book and if you miss that, you will come up with the wrong understanding.

So then, we see here in the 4th verse, SEVEN churches. That means the SEVEN churches are "Inclusive" of all churches.

John says...……"Grace be unto you and peace".

Peace flows from grace and grace is the source of all our blessings from God today. The Revelation reveals the grace of God and also peace from God.
That means we do not need neither should we be frightened as you read and study this book. We can and should have the peace of God in our hearts.

Then notice that the information is ………."From Him, and from the SEVEN Spirits. That brings the Trinity before us.
The..."SEVEN SPIRITS" refers to the Holy Spirit and IMO it also refers to the SEVEN branches of the Lampstand that was in the Tabernacle. More on that when we get to it.

Then we see...………"Which is, and which was and which is to come".

That emphasizes the eternity and immutability of God. Notice.

Notice now the mention of each member of the Trinity.
1). In the next verse #5 is Jesus Christ who is God the Son.
2). The "SEVEN Spirits is God the Holy Spirit.
3). "Him which is and which was and which is to come refers to God the Father.

The meaning of numbers, in the Bible, fascinate me. The number 7 appears 735 times in the bible, including 54 times in the book of Revelations. The bible was originally divided into 7 major divisions: (1) the Law, (2) the Prophets, (3) the Writings/Psalms, (4) the Gospels and Acts, (5) the General Epistles, (6) the Epistles of Paul, and (7) the book of Revelations. The total number of originally inspired books was 49 (7x7) and, lastly, God “created” everything in 7 days and the word “created” is seven letters.

https://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/7.html

Is it because 7 rhymes with heaven?
In chinese culture, its 8 that is the auspicious number. 4 is deemed bad, because it also sounds like the word for die.
In Australia, they always misprounounce the number 6 which makes for some hilarity for people who dont understand the aussie accent.

The meaning of numbers, in the Bible, fascinate me. The number 7 appears 735 times in the bible, including 54 times in the book of Revelations. The bible was originally divided into 7 major divisions: (1) the Law, (2) the Prophets, (3) the Writings/Psalms, (4) the Gospels and Acts, (5) the General Epistles, (6) the Epistles of Paul, and (7) the book of Revelations. The total number of originally inspired books was 49 (7x7) and, lastly, God “created” everything in 7 days and the word “created” is seven letters.

https://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/7.html

Agreed. I produced a study guide several years ago on the meaning of numbers in the Scriptures. When you do the work, it does not take you long to understand that God loved mathematics.

God's math is........1 cross + 3 nails = 4 given.

Is it because 7 rhymes with heaven?
In chinese culture, its 8 that is the auspicious number. 4 is deemed bad, because it also sounds like the word for die.
In Australia, they always misprounounce the number 6 which makes for some hilarity for people who dont understand the aussie accent.

No my dear it is not.

The basis is that God spent six days creating the heavens and the earth, and then rests on the seventh day. This is our template for the seven-day week, observed around the world to this day.

God was not tired but He finished creation. Thus, right at the start of the Bible, the number 7 is identified with something being “finished” or “complete.”

Another example is the number 6. Man was created on the sixth day of creation. In some passages of the Bible, the number 6 is associated with mankind. In Revelation “the number of the beast” is called “the number of a man. That number is 666. If God’s number is 7, then man’s is 6. Six always falls short of seven, just like “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”. Man is not God, just as 6 is not 7.

The Bible was written by men in the middle east, mostly Jews and there would be no reason for it to be identified with Chinese, Australian or any other country.

No my dear it is not.

The basis is that God spent six days creating the heavens and the earth, and then rests on the seventh day. This is our template for the seven-day week, observed around the world to this day.

God was not tired but He finished creation. Thus, right at the start of the Bible, the number 7 is identified with something being “finished” or “complete.”

Another example is the number 6. Man was created on the sixth day of creation. In some passages of the Bible, the number 6 is associated with mankind. In Revelation “the number of the beast” is called “the number of a man. That number is 666. If God’s number is 7, then man’s is 6. Six always falls short of seven, just like “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”. Man is not God, just as 6 is not 7.

The Bible was written by men in the middle east, mostly Jews and there would be no reason for it to be identified with Chinese, Australian or any other country.

The number 40 is also interesting.

rtm3039

No my dear it is not.

Oh ok it was just a surmise. But I think isnt it a coincidence that seven rhymes with heaven in english language. How convenient for poets.

The whole gematria hebrew thing I dont really get, I guess you have to be fluent in Hebrew to understand it. What is the Hebrew word for seven anyway.

Oh ok it was just a surmise. But I think isnt it a coincidence that seven rhymes with heaven in english language. How convenient for poets.

The whole gematria hebrew thing I dont really get, I guess you have to be fluent in Hebrew to understand it. What is the Hebrew word for seven anyway.

NO mam, it is not a coincidence! If there is one thing the Bible clearly teaches, it is that there are NO coincidences with God.
One of the reasons I stress so much to everyone to walk with the Lord daily, and to be in the Word of God, pray, seek Him each and every day, is so that we all will follow His plan for your life.

7651. sheba or shibah
Strong's Concordance
sheba or shibah: seven​
Original Word: שֶׁבַע
Part of Speech: Noun
Transliteration: sheba or shibah
Phonetic Spelling: (sheh'-bah)
Definition: seven

The number 40 is also interesting.

rtm3039

YES it is.

It represents TRIALS and TESTING/PROBATION.

It is the product of FIVE and EIGHT..........5 x 8 = 40.

The number 5 = Grace and the number 8 = New Creation.

The number 40 is mentioned 146 times in the Scriptures.

There are 15 periods of trials that appear on the surface of the Scriptures and are thus classified.

1. There was 40 years of Probation by Trial.
Israel in the wilderness.
Israel from the crucifixon to destruction of Jersulem.

2. There was 40 years of Probation by prosperity in deliverance and rest.
Under Othniel.
Under Barak.
Under Gideon.

3. 40 years of Probation by Prosperity that enlarged the dominion.
Under David.
Under Solomon.
Under Jeroboam II
Under Jehoash
Under Joash

4. 40 years of Probation by Humiliation and Servitude
Israel under the Philistines
Israel in the time of Eli
Israel under Saul

Moses spent 40 years in Egypt.
Moses spent 40 years in the desert.
Moses spent 40 years with Israel in the wilderness.

The spies sent into the land of Canaan were in the land for FORTY days (Numbers 13:18-20).

The reign of Saul was for...………………. 40 years.
The reigh of David was for...... ...…...…...40 years.
The reigh of Solomon was for...……….. 40 years.
Goloiah defied Israel for …………………..40 days.
Nineveh was given ...............……...………..40 days.
Elijah fasted for ..................………………….40 days.
Jesus was tempted for ......…...……...…….40 days.
Jesus appeared after Resurrection for 40 days.

There is lots more but I do not like long posts but this was done to show that God is not HASTY in His judgments and gives all men plenty of time for a fait trial and time to confess and repent.

NO mam, it is not a coincidence! If there is one thing the Bible clearly teaches, it is that there are NO coincidences with God.
One of the reasons I stress so much to everyone to walk with the Lord daily, and to be in the Word of God, pray, seek Him each and every day, is so that we all will follow His plan for your life.

7651. sheba or shibah
Strong's Concordance
sheba or shibah: seven​
Original Word: שֶׁבַע
Part of Speech: Noun
Transliteration: sheba or shibah
Phonetic Spelling: (sheh'-bah)
Definition: seven
Hm, not much rhymes with shibah . :(

YES it is.

It represents TRIALS and TESTING/PROBATION.

It is the product of FIVE and EIGHT..........5 x 8 = 40.

The number 5 = Grace and the number 8 = New Creation.

The number 40 is mentioned 146 times in the Scriptures.

There are 15 periods of trials that appear on the surface of the Scriptures and are thus classified.

1. There was 40 years of Probation by Trial.
Israel in the wilderness.
Israel from the crucifixon to destruction of Jersulem.

2. There was 40 years of Probation by prosperity in deliverance and rest.
Under Othniel.
Under Barak.
Under Gideon.

3. 40 years of Probation by Prosperity that enlarged the dominion.
Under David.
Under Solomon.
Under Jeroboam II
Under Jehoash
Under Joash

4. 40 years of Probation by Humiliation and Servitude
Israel under the Philistines
Israel in the time of Eli
Israel under Saul

Moses spent 40 years in Egypt.
Moses spent 40 years in the desert.
Moses spent 40 years with Israel in the wilderness.

The spies sent into the land of Canaan were in the land for FORTY days (Numbers 13:18-20).

The reign of Saul was for...………………. 40 years.
The reigh of David was for...... ...…...…...40 years.
The reigh of Solomon was for...……….. 40 years.
Goloiah defied Israel for …………………..40 days.
Nineveh was given ...............……...………..40 days.
Elijah fasted for ..................………………….40 days.
Jesus was tempted for ......…...……...…….40 days.
Jesus appeared after Resurrection for 40 days.

There is lots more but I do not like long posts but this was done to show that God is not HASTY in His judgments and gives all men plenty of time for a fait trial and time to confess and repent.

Ezekiel laid on His right side for 40 days to symbolize Judah's sins (Ezekiel 4:6).

Back