Rightly Dividing vs My Strong Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have all heard the Scripture "rightly dividing the word".
II Timothy 2:15 -
"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth
not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." This wording
is specific to the KJV and being that it is usually slathered in liberal
application to anyone who disagrees it may be worth a closer look.

The Greek word used here means to "cut a straight line". Perhaps,
if I may, it could be said that we must extract from it properly; not
that we must tear it to shreds and know all aspects of its origin, etc.
Just apply it in a straightforward and accurate manner.

The NASB states it more clearly and says,
"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a worker who
does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth."

"Rightly dividing" is not that my understanding is better than yours
and you must have incorrectly divided the word of truth and I have
"rightly divided" it. It just means to make sure that how you understand
the Word is what the Word is saying. Apply the Word accurately.
What do you say?

Hello Naz,

You ask a good question about diving the word of truth correctly and accurately.

If you do not mind, there are a lot of words here that have been written, it will take a moment to read through : my apologize just really excited about God and Jesus Christ right now so not sorry haha :p Hope you and your family are doing well for that is all that matters, along with everyone else and their family matters.

Discerning by the spirit if someone is telling you the truth or not.

Someone might tell me that personally because of my belief and believe that Satan has been defeated, and Jesus Christ had the victory they would tell me that is not the truth. Though in my case in my theology being different than others, does not make me wrong if they do not believe that Satan has been defeated or not.

It is subjective knowledge that is different from each other and it is okay. It will not matter if I believe Jesus Christ had the victory, and others may say ' well I do not know or believe that and Satan is still roaming around, seeking and trying devour others. '

What is important, for people to know is that they are important, that they matter, and that God loves them, and that we are all equal here on this earth as Creations of God - that are given the ability as a gift by the grace of God to become Children of God through faith on the Lord Jesus Christ and can grow onward to becoming a Son or a Daughter of God if they decide to continue to grow in knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ and God.

Subjectivism is a real thing in this world, and people have different views a long with all types of subjects and not all world views and aspect of theology will all be the same except in only one way.

Love.

Love which comes from God, and what God is - Love.

Faith on the Lord Jesus Christ and God for all their promises, and asking them to help you share those promises with others and to Love people who may annoy you, and to forgive those people who you might hold grudges again, and to pray for your enemies whoever may be out to hurt you, or they try to slander you and falsely accuse you.

Faith and love, are the Goal in the Christians life, and God sees our hearts, and He cares for his children very much, and they should know God desires to protect them, and has plans to prosper them instead of causing any harm to them. God loves them, and desire them to come to Him, and Love Him, and love others as the Lord Jesus Christ has said.

With Man, following man... the effort is tiresome, and ineffective. In the book of Mark if you read Chapter 6 Verses - 30 - 56 very slowly and ingest the words and ponder about what is being said.

The bread that the disciples gave to the people of groups of 100, or 50. Was the bread of Life. They were sharing Life with them by sharing Jesus Christ. 5000 people got fed that day, and 12 baskets were left for the disciples and they ended up with plenty and all started out with 5 loves of bread and two fish.

Jesus Christ can multiply others in faith, by simply sharing.

Also you will see the disciples in a boat with out Jesus - Mans effort it doesn't get very far.
You will see Jesus Christ walking to them even intending to walk past them, yet stopped and had compassion on them, and said to them Do not be afraid, take courage! I am here! and the winds and the storm calmed down.

When you look towards Him.

What is important, for people to know is that they are important, that they matter, and that God loves them, and that we are all equal here on this earth as Creations of God - that are given the ability as a gift by the grace of God to become Children of God through faith on the Lord Jesus Christ and can grow onward to becoming a Son or a Daughter of God if they decide to continue to grow in knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ and God.
Very well said, MatthewG. Thank you.

We have all heard the Scripture "rightly dividing the word".
II Timothy 2:15 -
"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth
not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." This wording
is specific to the KJV and being that it is usually slathered in liberal
application to anyone who disagrees it may be worth a closer look.

The Greek word used here means to "cut a straight line". Perhaps,
if I may, it could be said that we must extract from it properly; not
that we must tear it to shreds and know all aspects of its origin, etc.
Just apply it in a straightforward and accurate manner.

The NASB states it more clearly and says,
"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a worker who
does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth."

"Rightly dividing" is not that my understanding is better than yours
and you must have incorrectly divided the word of truth and I have
"rightly divided" it. It just means to make sure that how you understand
the Word is what the Word is saying. Apply the Word accurately.
What do you say?
Based upon current Christianity state here in the USA, based upon TV/Radio and web sites, many are far from "rightly dividing: the bible!

Based upon current Christianity state here in the USA, based upon TV/Radio and web sites, many are far from "rightly dividing: the bible!

I would offer in the end of the loving commandment (2 Timothy 2) it becomes apparent we miraculously can seek the approval of him not seen.

One way I see it what I would refer to as "one of the better prescriptions we can use to rightly divide". Divide The temporal what the eyes see from the eternal hidden understanding.

In that way we can learn how to walk by faith and not by sight after the temporal. While it is not the only interpreting prescription I believe it can have much value. . again in that it teaches how to walk by the faith the understanding of another as two walking as one.

2 Corinthian 4: 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

I would offer in the end of the loving commandment (2 Timothy 2) it becomes apparent we miraculously can seek the approval of him not seen.

One way I see it what I would refer to as "one of the better prescriptions we can use to rightly divide". Divide The temporal what the eyes see from the eternal hidden understanding.

In that way we can learn how to walk by faith and not by sight after the temporal. While it is not the only interpreting prescription I believe it can have much value. . again in that it teaches how to walk by the faith the understanding of another as two walking as one.

2 Corinthian 4: 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Garee, we, the two of us, see the world and God in differing ways.

Me personally, I walk by faith and by the Spirit, in spite of my failings.

Because of my faith walk, I then am able to tap (so to speak) into the Spirit so that the word of God becomes solid, and therefore something I can "rightly divide" without etherealizing it into saying whatever I want it to say, or in accordance with what someone else has established as an encyclopedic, translatory parallel back into "spiritual language". No. Those translatory, encyclopedic teachings are purely man-made from what I can see in all that has been said from that perspective.

Now, those who follow such a system of thought have every right to do so. No problem there. However, the babes need the milk of God's word, from which they can grow into a solid diet of what can be rightly divided...not so much literally, but rightly dividing between what is literal, and what is imagematic. Do you follow? I'm not asking if you agree, because that's between you and the Lord. I'm just checking as to if you follow what I'm saying.

The Spirit of God is the One who creates unity in doctrine and belief within His body. Lone stars out there who follow after all the contrived spirituality of things like New Covenant Theologies and/or the many other -isms out there, they are all purely man-made. What I'm saying is that dare we confess that we follow Christ, then we should be promoting what He actually said, observing to whom He said it, when He said it, where He said it, and what the Spirit says to us today in relation to what is written. All the other teachings from men who were not His chosen apostles, and who do not teach what is written, they are all false teachers who do nothing but divide and condemn.

You have made reference to 1 John 2:27 as I have done, and yet you have been stating things that you admit came from some other system of thought in how to view the scriptures. I assume, then, that you believe the Spirit has confirmed those men's teachings to you. Is that correct? (This is a question, not an accusation.)

Thanks

MM

Garee, we, the two of us, see the world and God in differing ways.

Me personally, I walk by faith and by the Spirit, in spite of my failings.

Because of my faith walk, I then am able to tap (so to speak) into the Spirit so that the word of God becomes solid, and therefore something I can "rightly divide" without etherealizing it into saying whatever I want it to say, or in accordance with what someone else has established as an encyclopedic, translatory parallel back into "spiritual language". No. Those translatory, encyclopedic teachings are purely man-made from what I can see in all that has been said from that perspective.

Now, those who follow such a system of thought have every right to do so. No problem there. However, the babes need the milk of God's word, from which they can grow into a solid diet of what can be rightly divided...not so much literally, but rightly dividing between what is literal, and what is imagematic. Do you follow? I'm not asking if you agree, because that's between you and the Lord. I'm just checking as to if you follow what I'm saying.

Thanks for the reply

I would offer. . .I do not see rightly dividing the parables as imagematic. Parables teach us to walk by faith the unseen things hid in parables as we are instructed by the prescription …..which is neded to righlyfully divide.

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

The Spirit of God is the One who creates unity in doctrine and belief within His body. Lone stars out there who follow after all the contrived spirituality of things like New Covenant Theologies and/or the many other -isms out there, they are all purely man-made. What I'm saying is that dare we confess that we follow Christ, then we should be promoting what He actually said, observing to whom He said it, when He said it, where He said it, and what the Spirit says to us today in relation to what is written. All the other teachings from men who were not His chosen apostles, and who do not teach what is written, they are all false teachers who do nothing but divide and condemn.

Apostles are not a source of faith .Again God uses parable with apostles teaching them how to walk by faith a lifetime of learning. In Philippians 1:6 we are inform if he has begun his teaching ministry he will school us till the end .

In a series of parables (Luke 9) one right after another Jesus purposely hides the spiritual understanding from the apostles leaving them in a state of wonderment. . On one occasion while still in wonderment. . they must of thought that Jesus who was standing in front of them that he must he went off the "deep end" and walking by sight they decided to make it democratic .Who is the Alfa dog .Who will be the next great teaching Rabbi as Lord . At the end of the series of parable verse 55 he rebuked the apostles and revealed to them they know not what manner of spirit they were of. (Milk drinkers) Parables take on the teaching role. Teaching how to walk by faith .Mixing the temporal things seen with the unseen eternal glory of the father not seen.. . .According to the reference to 1 John 2:27

You have made reference to 1 John 2:27 as I have done, and yet you have been stating things that you admit came from some other system of thought in how to view the scriptures. I assume, then, that you believe the Spirit has confirmed those men's teachings to you. Is that correct? (This is a question, not an accusation.)

I am not referring to another system of thought. But my hope is the same one 1 John 2:27 reveals

In that way it’s the unseen Spirit that works in the apostles to both will and empower them to do his will, Eat meat and drinking milk. Milk reminding us of his grace. I think milk builds strong bones of faith.

It’s clear the apostles at first. . they served another manner of spirit .they knew not of the food of doing the will of one not seen .The spirit defined the us that make us one body .Not the body of believers the temporal seen .

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

I would offer. . .I do not see rightly dividing the parables as imagematic. Parables teach us to walk by faith the unseen things hid in parables as we are instructed by the prescription …..which is neded to righlyfully divide.

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

In a series of parables (Luke 9) one right after another Jesus purposely hides the spiritual understanding from the apostles leaving them in a state of wonderment. . On one occasion while still in wonderment. . they must of thought that Jesus who was standing in front of them that he must he went off the "deep end" and walking by sight they decided to make it democratic .Who is the Alfa dog .Who will be the next great teaching Rabbi as Lord . At the end of the series of parable verse 55 he rebuked the apostles and revealed to them they know not what manner of spirit they were of. (Milk drinkers) Parables take on the teaching role. Teaching how to walk by faith .Mixing the temporal things seen with the unseen eternal glory of the father not seen.. . .According to the reference to 1 John 2:27

I am not referring to another system of thought. But my hope is the same one 1 John 2:27 reveals

In that way it’s the unseen Spirit that works in the apostles to both will and empower them to do his will, Eat meat and drinking milk. Milk reminding us of his grace. I think milk builds strong bones of faith.

It’s clear the apostles at first. . they served another manner of spirit .they knew not of the food of doing the will of one not seen .The spirit defined the us that make us one body .Not the body of believers the temporal seen .

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Ok, so you're not going to answer my question? Ok. It is what it is...

It also seems apparent that your take on parables, and how they allegedly always hide the spiritual meaning and application. I don't see that you have scriptural backing for such, but you're free to believe whatever you wish. Apologetics refers to giving an answer to the things put to you by way of questions or challenges. I don't see any evidence offered in what you said above, but, it is what it is.

Additionally, walking by faith doesn't imply that we are to believe that all we read in scripture can only be discerned by spiritual revelation. Many things are stated that require no interpretive intervention from the Spirit of the Lord. Not all "parables" have nothing but spiritual meaning outside of the literal wording itself. When Jesus told about Lazerus and rich man, He was speaking of two literal men who once had lived on this earth, and were then located in Sheol at that time, and who had lived as stated, and were in the places of their reward as a result. We don't have to spiritualize it off into some weird and strange meaning that steals from the text what it says. Any atheist who is spiritually unenlightened can read that and understand its implications.

Now, that's not to say that deeper, spiritual dynamics can't be derived from all that is written. There are indeed such depths, but to make it all of no value whatsoever to those who are not walking by faith, that's theft and a totally disingenuous handling of God's purpose and intent in His written word. The unenlightened can be cut to the heart if they approach it with an open mind and heart. The words have literal meaning, and those words can also be enlivened by the Spirit of the Lord to speak at deeper levels of spirit and soul.

That, my friend, is one reason why it's a two-edged sword.

MM

Ok, so you're not going to answer my question? Ok. It is what it is...

It also seems apparent that your take on parables, and how they allegedly always hide the spiritual meaning and application. I don't see that you have scriptural backing for such, but you're free to believe whatever you wish. Apologetics refers to giving an answer to the things put to you by way of questions or challenges. I don't see any evidence offered in what you said above, but, it is what it is.

Thanks for the reply..

Sorry maybe you could ask it differently?

I would offer it again. In a series of parables beginning with a vision used as a parable which uses the temporal things of the flesh seen Moses and Elisa to represent the law and prophets (sola scriptura) That spiritual meaning of the parable was hidden.... it informs us we listen to His understanding the hearing of faith alone.

Peter did not mix faith the unseen eternal in that revelation as a vision . He wanted to literally build houses for apparitions’

To prove the understanding was hidden in order to teach them how to walk by faith. They could not cast out the lying spirit

Luke 9:40-50 And I besought thy disciples to cast him out; and they could not.

Calling them faithless not little, none.

Luke 9:41-42 And Jesus answering said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you, and suffer you? Bring thy son hither. And as he was yet a coming, the devil threw him down, and tare him. And Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, and healed the child, and delivered him again to his father.

Faithless and perverse generation called the evil generation. . unredeemed mankind .that demand a sign before they believe .They have no faith thatcomes from hearing God . . none.

They in amazement or wonderment. . . again wondering not coming to faith .

Luke 9:43-44 And they were all amazed at the mighty power of God. But while they wondered every one at all things which Jesus did, he said unto his disciples, Let these sayings sink down into your ears: for the Son of man shall be delivered into the hands of men.

The interpretation of that parable . . . "the Son of man shall be delivered into the hands of men".

Not mixing faith (Hebrew 4) the apostles still in a state of confusion they refused to ask Jesus anymore .Its like hthey though Jesus went off the deep end and needed mental health assistance .

Then in another parable using a child to show their faithless hiding the meaning again . It then became by whose authority,(us) the things seen men walking by sight or the unseen faith? Who defines the "us" in Christ . . The church seen or the Holy Father not seen

Luke 9:45-49 But they understood not this saying, and it was hid from them, that they perceived it not: and they feared to ask him of that saying. Then there arose a reasoning among them, which of them should be greatest. And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him, And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great. And John (without faith) answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

Parables do not affect the liteal historical ."Para" side by side
Additionally, walking by faith doesn't imply that we are to believe that all we read in scripture can only be discerned by spiritual revelation. Many things are stated that require no interpretive intervention from the Spirit of the Lord. Not all "parables" have nothing but spiritual meaning outside of the literal wording itself. When Jesus told about Lazerus and rich man, He was speaking of two literal men who once had lived on this earth, and were then located in Sheol at that time, and who had lived as stated, and were in the places of their reward as a result. We don't have to spiritualize it off into some weird and strange meaning that steals from the text what it says. Any atheist who is spiritually unenlightened can read that and understand its implications.

All we read in scripture can only be discerned as a spiritual revelation. God moves the hands to give us as it is written Whether literal historical or signified as in parables. The blessing given to Peter. was . not from Peter(flesh and blood) . . Flesh and blood has not revealed. Faithless Peter thought it was of his own flesh and blood and forbid Jesus from doing the will of His unseen fathe

Now, that's not to say that deeper, spiritual dynamics can't be derived from all that is written. There are indeed such depths, but to make it all of no value whatsoever to those who are not walking by faith, that's theft and a totally disingenuous handling of God's purpose and intent in His written word. The unenlightened can be cut to the heart if they approach it with an open mind and heart. The words have literal meaning, and those words can also be enlivened by the Spirit of the Lord to speak at deeper levels of spirit and soul.

Parables do not take away the simplicity of the gospel they help reveal it as a living hope.

I don’t think all of no value whatsoever to those who are not walking by faith. It as a living will is the power that draws us to will and empower us to perform his good pleasure. In that we should believe without murmuring. We can plant it and water it . . If any growth its by faith alone (Christ's)

The same aplies to the parable in a series of parables (many) in Luke 16 the whole chapter one context "No man can serve two teaching masters". .
Christ hiding the hiden understanding . Rather than trusting in necromancythe living seeking after the dead (patron dsaints) we are follow after the propper teaching master . . all things writen in the law and prophets (sola scriptura) No man can serve two teaching masters

If they reject prophecy the word of God then niether would they believe when Jesus lirtally arose for the grave .Therfore confirming thier un-belief (no faith)

Luke 16:29-31 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

When we always and forever speak of "the unseen things," speaking always in language filled with mystical and other-worldly things, thus shrouding the gold, silver, gems and jewels that can enrich the minds and souls of the hearers, what good is our effort?

Generally speaking, I get the impression there's a variant of an old movement afoot. TULIP was almost exclusively in the hands of staunch, concrete thinkers who were/are very intellectual, and therefore not much spirit shown through their words and actions. It seems that we're now seeing TULIP being embraced by hyper-spiritual types who love speaking in what they think is "spiritual language" coupled directly to spiritual realities, and yet who are also of the TULIP variety.

What I mean by that is they go about utilizing words with meanings that most others around them don't and can't grasp, and TULIP comes into it along this line of thought: If you don't get it, then you haven't been chosen by God for salvation, but rather to burn in that place called H-E-double toothpicks...

Dare I say it, but Jesus had His reasons for shrouding some of what He taught in hidden meanings that He had to later explain so that only what the Father revealed to them would have any meaning. We today are not called to such. We reveal to the listener the deep things of God. Speaking exclusively of parables and spiritual language, and how all the parables hid from most the largest and most profound of meaning, like the water shrouds the largest part of the ice burg under its surface, frankly that's a dishonest handling of the word of God to us. It's a form of false conduct and thought processes that the scriptures don't demonstrate as God's ways for our conduct and words.

Paul spoke directly and succinctly to the Greeks, Romans, and all others when it came to the Gospel. When he reasoned with the Greeks, explaining to them that "Unknown God" among all the idols in that pagan place, he didn't spout parables and spiritual sounding jargon to try and impress them with how much more spiritual he was than they. It wasn't about one-upmanship. He loved those people because the God of Love was in him, looking upon those He created by His own hand.

In Paul's epistles to us believers, we're blessed that he spoke clearly rather than to make use of a memorized, spiritual dictionary of coded language to give himself some contrived feeling of superiority over others around him, including mature believers. When asked if he would elaborate further for better understanding, he would do so. It was a part of his spiritual DNA.

The prodigal son parable Jesus spoke is clear in its lesson to all. It did not shroud hidden meanings. It spoke deeply, and hit upon profound realities, yes. Those whom I have encountered, dredging up the soil of the garden to study and talk about all the nutrients in the soil, meanwhile having destroyed the crop of the garden that may otherwise have nourished those who sought to benefit from the garden's yield, are left standing there, hungry and lacking in benefit from what the speaker is saying.

Again, still speaking generally, many of us can likely speak spiritual circles around those practitioners who portray themselves as spiritually superior to most or all others around them. When the morsels are unobtainable, or are too tough to chew, the hearers spit them out and look for something more palatable. The practitioners of "spiritual speak" have an understanding that I find foreign to the scriptures. We're not dealing with Pharisees as did Jesus. The Pharisees were cheap, slight-of-hand magicians who created only an illusion of their superiority to the masses around them.

We are called to be the greatest lovers of all; who have rivers of living waters that flow from us to a thirsting world. We are called to enlighten the unbeliever, not to impress him with our spiritual prowess. The prideful lure of cheap parlor tricks is very strong, and is one of many tactics the enemy of our souls employs within those of us who are subject to such enticements. The cults out there make copious use of these parlor tricks. In my foolish youth, I was taken in by the mormons by just this tactical ploy, not knowing their deeper beliefs and the meanings behind the similar words they used, but with vastly different meanings.

We are called to be better than all those who do such. I prefer Paul's example, who always put the morsels and cookies on the lower shelf so the kiddies can get some, and grow.

MM

Speaking of rightly dividing...again...doesn't it seem strange how accurate Hollywood is in some of their movies? Think about it. "The Walking Dead." It is written that in the last days, the love of many would wax cold. Looking at the world in general, we're seeing a likeness of that very phenomenon happening right now. Indifference to law in the midst of lawlessness among some of the highest level politicians, locally, and even in our neighborhoods. The real pandemic are the things prophesied in scripture that is being played out right before our very eyes.

A body that has no godly love is a walking zombie of satanic flesh, possessed by a spirit of this world.

Get ready, folks. Faith is going to be tested like never before in America and abroad. We're seeing forces aligning and preparing in ways that others thought was happening in their time, but they did not have the worldwide connectedness we have today. The two witnesses, the whole world will see them, when in the past, that was simply not possible. The Gospel back then was far from having reached all the ends of the earth, where today, very few areas are left untouched by the Gospel.

The local JW's talk about how things in the world are about to get better... They are in for quite a shock, because the coming of anti-christ is in the midst of chaos, therefore the world hungering for someone who will come along and bring not only peace in the midst of the storm, but also restore economic prosperity. The rich and powerful who think they will escape what's coming to America will find that there really is no escape, even Gates living out on his self-sufficient island with solar, generators, fuel storage, and food storage. He too will become victim to his "utopia" and God's judgment if he goes to his grave in sin.

Get ready, folks. Love others, and speak the Gospel to those who will listen. Our deliverance is closer than ever before.

MM

When we always and forever speak of "the unseen things," speaking always in language filled with mystical and other-worldly things, thus shrouding the gold, silver, gems and jewels that can enrich the minds and souls of the hearers, what good is our effort?
I have looked somewhat at the two different approaches to interpreting what some call tulip.

As far as effort it can be good if God blesses it. . But the pleasures of sin the enjoyment of things we can receive in these dying bodies are a shadow. . the temporal.. As new creatures we already have the highest good "eternal life". All die not receiving the promise of the new incorruptible (Hebrew 11:39).

I am more of the Heize 57 varierty . I am not the author of the spiritual language of God. Like any believer we can plant the seed and water it but are considered nothing .He must do the work of both giving the wil and acting with the believer empowing them to finsish the will

Dare I say it, but Jesus had His reasons for shrouding some of what He taught in hidden meanings that He had to later explain so that only what the Father revealed to them would have any meaning. We today are not called to such. We reveal to the listener the deep things of God. Speaking exclusively of parables and spiritual language, and how all the parables hid from most the largest and most profound of meaning, like the water shrouds the largest part of the ice burg under its surface, frankly that's a dishonest handling of the word of God to us. It's a form of false conduct and thought processes that the scriptures don't demonstrate as God's ways for our conduct and words.

I would agree parables do not take away the simplicity of the gospel accroding to its purpose "the unsen understanding hid in aparables" that again to teach us the walk by faith. . mixing the things seen the temporal with the unseen understasning of faith . The one purpose teach us how to obey God not seen praying without ceasing keeping on the whole armor of God .

Paul spoke directly and succinctly to the Greeks, Romans, and all others when it came to the Gospel. When he reasoned with the Greeks, explaining to them that "Unknown God" among all the idols in that pagan place, he didn't spout parables and spiritual sounding jargon to try and impress them with how much more spiritual he was than they. It wasn't about one-upmanship. He loved those people because the God of Love was in him, looking upon those He created by His own hand.

In Paul's epistles to us believers, we're blessed that he spoke clearly rather than to make use of a memorized, spiritual dictionary of coded language to give himself some contrived feeling of superiority over others around him, including mature believers. When asked if he would elaborate further for better understanding, he would do so. It was a part of his spiritual DNA.

spiritual DNA.?

And yes the noble Barens moved by the Spirit working in them with them they were empowered to search the scriptures asa for silver and gold as it is wtitten to see if it was so ,

Paul would not make any claim that men were to look to his flesh and blood as a source of authority higher than all things written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura) , the reforming, restoring tool of God in any generation. .

1 Corinthians 4:5-7 King James Version (KJV) Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?
The prodigal son parable Jesus spoke is clear in its lesson to all. It did not shroud hidden meanings. It spoke deeply, and hit upon profound realities, yes. Those whom I have encountered, dredging up the soil of the garden to study and talk about all the nutrients in the soil, meanwhile having destroyed the crop of the garden that may otherwise have nourished those who sought to benefit from the garden's yield, are left standing there, hungry and lacking in benefit from what the speaker is saying.

Yes the parable of the waiting father great one.

I can see that happening many misunderstanding >it would seem to be a learning curb .I am slow at that .I think I lost interest in school at 12. got a hundred jobs Got drafted 20 Maried 22. Three daughters, Starting reading the Bible at 33 and attending church . Yesterday LOL .
Again, still speaking generally, many of us can likely speak spiritual circles around those practitioners who portray themselves as spiritually superior to most or all others around them. When the morsels are unobtainable, or are too tough to chew, the hearers spit them out and look for something more palatable. The practitioners of "spiritual speak" have an understanding that I find foreign to the scriptures. We're not dealing with Pharisees as did Jesus. The Pharisees were cheap, slight-of-hand magicians who created only an illusion of their superiority to the masses around them.

Not my goal to speak in spiritual circles. I would think not anymore that it was of Jesus as he talght the apotles how to walk by faith the corect manner of Spirit . they not understanding must of though jesus went of the ddep end in the end of the mater he informed themthat they n knew not what maner of sotit they were off .I would think to help us walk by faith .

Yes that reminds me of one of the many parables he offered to the apotles in Luke 9. Still in a state of wonderment (no beleif) Jesus hiding the meaning he offered another this time the apotles portrayed themselves as spiritually superior as if Jesu had went off the deep end .Taking a vote for a new spiritually superior Alfa dog . To teach the faithless ones how to walk by the undssen understansing.

Note. . . . (my addition) in a hoipe of making a pont

Luke9:45-47 But they understood not this saying, and it was hid from them (faithless ones) , that they perceived it not: and they feared to ask him of that saying. Then there arose a reasoning among them, which of them should be greatest.

The voice of the unsen Father was not reveled to them they sought after flesh and blood one that made their kind of sence the wrong manner of spirit. Not from within.

We are called to be the greatest lovers of all; who have rivers of living waters that flow from us to a thirsting world. We are called to enlighten the unbeliever, not to impress him with our spiritual prowess. The prideful lure of cheap parlor tricks is very strong, and is one of many tactics the enemy of our souls employs within those of us who are subject to such enticements. The cults out there make copious use of these parlor tricks. In my foolish youth, I was taken in by the mormons by just this tactical ploy, not knowing their deeper beliefs and the meanings behind the similar words they used, but with vastly different meanings.

yes they are very stongs .Arong enough to make Jesus into a circus seald do sa mircle we can see then we will but of our in you .

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

I would agree we offer the aprable as it is written he provide the understanding if any is given .

We are called to be better than all those who do such. I prefer Paul's example, who always put the morsels and cookies on the lower shelf so the kiddies can get some, and grow.

The parable self? We can teach each other how we hear or say we hear his voice alone he can give us the reaching power .I love your work

What I found useful is looking at words that can cause good division perhaps the gospel is hid in them ?

Like the parable of the "bloody husband" and how it is used to preach the gospel in respect to the suffering of Christ beforehand .That is a great parable giving those who heard it a rest being yoked with Christ under the Spirit of circumcision

A blessing you have received by looking at words revealing the meaning it would seem .

I find words like prophecy, prophesying, and prophets are easily misunderstood just as the word apostle. Most bible studies do not teach other how to hear it seems . But rather what they believe as a private interpretation or personal commenetary. , a necessaary difference so that we can seek the apporval of God the one good teaching Lord as Master

Having the proper understanding as a foundation to one word can have a great effect literal historical as well as signified the language of parables .Teaching how to walk by faith the power generated by the unseen word

Change the meaning of one word, change the authorship. Commandments (plural).

God protecting the integrity of his word from Plagiarism Blasphemy. a violation of the first commandment No gods in the likeness of man of this world before him .

Deuteronomy 4 King James Version (KJV) Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the Lord God of your fathers giveth you. Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

Speaking of rightly dividing...again...doesn't it seem strange how accurate Hollywood is in some of their movies? Think about it. "The Walking Dead." It is written that in the last days, the love of many would wax cold. Looking at the world in general, we're seeing a likeness of that very phenomenon happening right now. Indifference to law in the midst of lawlessness among some of the highest level politicians, locally, and even in our neighborhoods. The real pandemic are the things prophesied in scripture that is being played out right before our very eyes.

A body that has no godly love is a walking zombie of satanic flesh, possessed by a spirit of this world.

The god of this world is busy in that way. Wide open market today on the up load with Zoom .. It’s his MO to take away the spiritual meaning and turn them upside down earthly inspired of the devil. In that way as an illusion he takes away the sting of death through amusement (not thinking) .

I remember early as a Christian another Christian's rendering of the movie ET an how he as a frog like creature related evil things for Revelation .

It would seem the more popular today with new technolgy the possibility of duplicating the gospel replacing it with a false by taking away his understanding giving it according to what the eyes see. (the cause of the fall) It would appear that way with nany things of this world . Like the use of the word "wine" and its effects to not think. (amuse)

Christian woman especially lost that battle that causes much tribulation and wine became the gateway drug approved by the government. The word wine when interpreted according to the parable is anything that intoxicates or invigorates leaving a person in a state of wonderment to include ….false pride . Not seing things that are there and seeing that are not. The work of the father of lies..

The one I have been looking at which I think hides the spiritual understanding is. The wizard of Oz . I would call 1939 AD the perfect example.

I am not condemning watching movies I have an interest in fictional mysteries LOL I surlely would not condemn my ow self today. . Everything must be put under all things written with law and prophets. Satan is still with all power bringing his lying wonders deceiving mankind and in the twinkling of the eye God sends a strong delusion in a hope he will be the one author of scripture and they return to his first love working in them hearing and therefore obeying .Technolgy is becoming the new god of this world No faith neded . . . Zoom in a vision . Perhaps a beter way of going out into the whole word with the gospel as it is wrritten .Let your vision do the walking

Get ready, folks. Faith is going to be tested like never before in America and abroad. We're seeing forces aligning and preparing in ways that others thought was happening in their time, but they did not have the worldwide connectedness we have today. The two witnesses, the whole world will see them, when in the past, that was simply not possible. The Gospel back then was far from having reached all the ends of the earth, where today, very few areas are left untouched by the Gospel.

The local JW's talk about how things in the world are about to get better... They are in for quite a shock, because the coming of anti-christ is in the midst of chaos, therefore the world hungering for someone who will come along and bring not only peace in the midst of the storm, but also restore economic prosperity. The rich and powerful who think they will escape what's coming to America will find that there really is no escape, even Gates living out on his self-sufficient island with solar, generators, fuel storage, and food storage. He too will become victim to his "utopia" and God's judgment if he goes to his grave in sin.

Get ready, folks. Love others, and speak the Gospel to those who will listen. Our deliverance is closer than ever before.

Both the JWs and thae Cathoilc mis-interpret the parable "drink blood of men" as it applies to Jesus the Son of man It is hid from natural . unconverted mankind . . revealed in parables. Not by flesh and blood

MM

Right on my brother!

With the rising power of China/Russia and the influence of Isam, we can see that the A/C is just about ready to appear!

Russia is stationed directly north of Jerusalm allowing Ezekiel 38 to take place.
China's increased power has allowed the "Kings of the East" to come into view from the Revelation 16.
Turkey's dam production on the Euphrates River now allow the Euphrates to "dry up" just as the Revelation says.

Right on my brother!

With the rising power of China/Russia and the influence of Isam, we can see that the A/C is just about ready to appear!

Russia is stationed directly north of Jerusalm allowing Ezekiel 38 to take place.
China's increased power has allowed the "Kings of the East" to come into view from the Revelation 16.
Turkey's dam production on the Euphrates River now allow the Euphrates to "dry up" just as the Revelation says.

One thing we can rely upon is that the initial event will be as a "thief in the night" to those who are not prepared and watching. We are tolds that those who watch, they will be ready, having obtained extra oil. May we all remain watchful and ready, have flasks of extra oil for His coming for us to enter in to the wedding feast.

Amen

MM

You guys believe that the world is going to end?

If so what gives you this idea or who taught you about these things? Most people do not know anything until something is taught to them. Though some might claim the Bible told me so.

Just curious to you brothers in Christ Jesus your thoughts about if the world will end one day? Or do you believe in one world government? It would be interesting to hear your perspectives.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back