Rightly Dividing vs My Strong Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure...

2 Peter 3:10 (KJV) But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
(a harsh and quick form of global warming.)

But that will happen after at least a 1000 years of Christ reign on earth.

Global warming? Oh, man. That was a good one. You, like me, have mastered the art of understatement. I like it.

MM

You guys believe that the world is going to end?

If so what gives you this idea or who taught you about these things? Most people do not know anything until something is taught to them. Though some might claim the Bible told me so.

Just curious to you brothers in Christ Jesus your thoughts about if the world will end one day? Or do you believe in one world government? It would be interesting to hear your perspectives.

Thank you.

Actually Matthew....the Bible gives us the answer to your question which is why those of us who read it believe that our days are indeed numbered.

2 Pet. 3:10-12..........
“But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. 11 Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, on account of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!”

Rev. 20:11-13, .......
“And I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.”

Rev. 21:1, .......
“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.”

It is clear that from the Bible there will be a final day, a day of judgment. But we do know when that will be?

Matt. 24:36, ........
“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.”

1 Thess. 5:2-3......
“For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. 3 While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like birth pangs upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.”

However, we can know the times and the seasons. In other words, the Bible tells us that a woman who is about to give birth experiences birth pangs. So also will be the condition of the world before it comes to an end. There will be symptoms that will increase right before the end.

Matt. 24:4-8, ...........
“See to it that no one misleads you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6 “And you will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars; see that you are not frightened, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end. 7 “For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes. 8 “But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.”

1 Thess. 5:1-3..............
“Now as to the times and the epochs, brethren, you have no need of anything to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. 3 While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly like birth pangs upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.”

So we can see that the Bible tells us there will...........
1. be a final day, a day of judgment (Rev. 20:11-13),
2. that the earth will come to an end (2 Pet. 3:10-12),
3. that there will be a new heavens and earth (Rev. 21:1),
4. and that we don’t know when it’s going to
be (Matt. 24:36; 1 Thess. 5:2).

Yes, the reason is because there will never be an end to the Lords Kingdom.

This is my belief, which stand firmly on, personally, also believe that all scripture has been fulfilled from Genesis to revelation. Not a (pertrist or whatever) cause I don’t even know what they believe in.

And am okay if people think otherwise on, and love should always be first.

People will be entering it forever, when they turn towards God and the Lord Jesus Christ in their own time, in or after this life in my best estimation for all people will be resurrected, though some will be inside the kingdom and some will be outside the kingdom.

There will always be a coming of the Lord at your own personal death. A person at death goes on to God, and God gives them their received spiritual body be it corruption or life (for there are two resurrection.)

The reason the world always go onwards even after our own death is because of the Lords word never passing away.

What do YOU base your belief on Matthew????

I agree that Love should be 1st but that has nothing to do with what is coming. God loves all people but the fact is that there will be ,ore people in hell than heaven so Love has limits.

A person at death goes to God is not a coreect comment Matthew. ONLY those who have accepted Christ will go to be with God at death.!!!!

ANd YES the Word of God endures forever. And the Word of God says that Jesus Christ is coming agian to the earth and when He does.......there will be no more grace for salvation.

IF a person has heard the gospel of the Lord Jesus and refused it.....when the great "Gathering Away" of believers takes place......those who have rejected Christ can not then be saved during tha last 7 years.

Hmm. Well, you aren't willing to explore the truth that may be gleaned from the scriptures, so it is what it is. We weren't talking about salvation, so that's a non-issue in this.

For all others here, come and let us reason together, for in that we can find fellowship. I seek those with a willingness to fellowship in a concerted effort to pursue truth. After all, we are members of the body of Christ Jesus, and He expects us to function as such.

I will not cut any of you off at the knees.

Challenge me, and I will challenge you in a fellowship of love and the giving of due consideration for the need that we are all supposed to be unified in the Lord. If I give the appearance of indifference to you and what you have to say, then please call me out on that. I would deserve it.

Anything we can't seem to agree upon, we can collectively go the Lord, and seek His Spirit to instruct us, as is stated in 1 John 2:27.

MM

MY dear brother......YOU are just fine in all your posts. YOU are correct in what you have said and I for one agree with you.!!

Keep up the good work!

Garee, if only you could read Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic, and then come back and say all this, you would then have something solid under your feet. Reliance upon the weaknesses of English translations almost guarantees lack in dredging the depths.

Please delve more deeply than what you have said. Nullifying the strength and power of the scriptures with this divisive, undiscerning stuff you just stated only castrates the word of God from implanting the seeds of growth into a mature understanding.

I also hope we don't end up feeling as though we're walking on egg shells around one another. We should call each other out onto the carpet when there is need. If I say something you don't understand or disagree, then by all means, say so. Ask for clarification or even reason as to why I believe it. I won't take offense.

MM

Music.....remember that who you are speaking to is a Preterist! Everything has to change to a personal interpreation and NOT a Biblical one in that teaching.

It's wonderful to have the opportunity to fellowship and to have a teachable spirit. I also thank God when he causes his message to firmly be established in my mind. I trust God who through his Spirit gives understanding and leads us to the truth of his words.

Amen.

I have a teachable spirit. Just ask me what 2 + 2 is and see if I do not know!!!!

Thank you for telling me what you think I should do. My belief is my own and no one shall take that ever away from the heart that is had for God and his desire for people to come to the knowledge of the truth.

The solid foundation is the reason for my response - There will be no end to the Lord God Almighty Kingdom. There will be no end to this earth. There will never be a time where people stop entering the Kingdom of Heaven. The Lord Jesus Christ words will always remain here for truth they will never die, and always tell all about the afterlife and about how God created the world, and man.

You can doubt my beliefs if you desire. You are welcome to hold on to your own. We are to respect and love each other regardless. Thank you for taking time to read, it is appreciated along with the conversation.

Matthew.......If "I" or anyone of us had something from YOU that told us where your ideas come from we ("I") would have more consideration for what you say.

In a previouse post you said to the question about having a Bible that..."I do not have one"!!!!!

Now if you do not have a Bible and you are posting on a Christian forum site....you leave us to conclude that what you believe is coming from YOUR OWN IMAGINATION.

Now, I for one and I think many here on a Chritian based forum work off of the fact that the Bible is the ultimate truth. When it as the Word of God is then changed to what WE THINK or OUR opinions we have then entered into a completly different areana of conversation.

You see, when what we believe is different from what the Bible says......WE are wrong.....PEROID!

I say this with all due respect for you and ask you......Would you like to clarify that position for us?

Amen.

I have a teachable spirit. Just ask me what 2 + 2 is and see if I do not know!!!!
Oh boy, that reminds me of a pithy 'funny' my Calculus Prof told the class wayyyy back when.

" A freshman enters college and is asked, 'what is 2 x 2? He snaps back '4!'.
In his Sophomore year, he is asked the same question and his hesitant response is '4'.
Junior year same question, but this time with an abundant of hesitation, he sheepishly responds 'uh, umm is it 4?'
By his Senior year, he is once again posed with the same question, "What is 2 x 2?", to which he pulls out his slide rule (remember those?) and confidently blurts out 3.99999!!!

Yes, everyone.

2 Peter 3:10 is just one simple verse.

Which is possible to be a follow-up letter of the first one which was written to 1 Peter 1: 1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia
, 2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood:

So you could say it is for us today or for them.
My belief is that it was a letter written to them as a follow-up to the first to keep them encouraged in faith of the Lords Coming,.
You can question that if you would like to it is up to you, for me :
I enjoy context because everything starts from Chapter 1, then has an ending and there is so much in between.
Obviously one day you and me will die and the Lord is going to take us but that doesn't mean the end of the world. Which was my very first question asked. In my case the world is going to go on forever even after we die.​

Have you ever heard this before or ever checked to see if it might mean this before?
Someone (My teacher Shawn Mcranney) explained to me that the message of 1000 years means the owning of all things.

He said it is like saying God has a 1000 hills, and a 1000 cows, and a 1000 birds - that doesn't mean individually but that God owns all of the hills, all the cows, all the birds.

If Christ reign 1000 years (by owning everything : Overcoming death, Overcoming Sin, Overcoming Satan, Overcoming the Grave), does the Lord God Almighty own all of the earth in the sense of 'the creation of human beings', though by free will they choose to believe or not? - God will still resurrect everyone.

My question was if this world was going to end, not about the Lords coming. You will die just like me and everyone well have the Lord God Almighty get them. (Some believe that people lay in the grave for 1000 years then they raise up and go to God which is okay if you believe that.) Just not my view.

Jesus Christ had victory over death, no one is laying in their grave anymore.

My question was if you believe the world was going to end or not. For me, no.

Maybe for you ? It might be a yes, I do not know.

Last edited:
Oh boy, that reminds me of a pithy 'funny' my Calculus Prof told the class wayyyy back when.

" A freshman enters college and is asked, 'what is 2 x 2? He snaps back '4!'.
In his Sophomore year, he is asked the same question and his hesitant response is '4'.
Junior year same question, but this time with an abundant of hesitation, he sheepishly responds 'uh, umm is it 4?'
By his Senior year, he is once again posed with the same question, "What is 2 x 2?", to which he pulls out his slide rule (remember those?) and confidently blurts out 3.99999!!!

I had a slide rule just yesterday in my hands. Even though I'm an Engineer, I couldn't use one to save my life.

MM

Yes, everyone.

Which is possible to be a follow-up letter of the first one which was written to 1 Peter 1: 1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia
, 2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood:

My belief is that it was a letter written to them as a follow-up to the first to keep them encouraged in faith of the Lords Coming,.
I enjoy context because everything starts from Chapter 1, then has an ending and there is so much in between.
Obviously one day you and me will die and the Lord is going to take us but that doesn't mean the end of the world. Which was my very first question asked. In my case the world is going to go on forever even after we die.​

Have you ever heard this before or ever checked to see if it might mean this before?
Someone (My teacher Shawn Mcranney) explained to me that the message of 1000 years means the owning of all things.

He said it is like saying God has a 1000 hills, and a 1000 cows, and a 1000 birds - that doesn't mean individually but that God owns all of the hills, all the cows, all the birds.

If Christ reign 1000 years (by owning everything : Overcoming death, Overcoming Sin, Overcoming Satan, Overcoming the Grave), does the Lord God Almighty own all of the earth in the sense of 'the creation of human beings', though by free will they choose to believe or not? - God will still resurrect everyone.

My question was if this world was going to end, not about the Lords coming. You will die just like me and everyone well have the Lord God Almighty get them. (Some believe that people lay in the grave for 1000 years then they raise up and go to God which is okay if you believe that.) Just not my view.

When it came to addressing specific issues in various of the churches, those things were written to them back then.

Now, question: Why do you suppose the Lord saw fit that we today should have all those letters and writings available to us today?

Quite simply, mankind is no different today than they were back then and beyond. Technological changes have not changed the heart of man one bit. We are not better, and we are no worse.

Ecclesiastes 1:9 The thing that hath been, it [is that] which shall be; and that which is done [is] that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

That was written long ago, numbering in the thousands of years, and yet it is still relevant to us today. Not all that was written to them back then applies today, but we can learn from it all to see the character of the Lord in it all, and to learn from their mistakes and the doctrines the Lord conveyed to them, some of which are timeless. That's one way we get to know the One, true Lord over all.

So, if you see the Bible as having no intrinsic value to you for study, then why are you here? What exactly is your view of the Bible as having value for study?

Do you like being in our midst (so to speak)? Do you glean some fulfillment in our virtual presence? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the latter, but what defines who God is to you if you don't read and study His word? Is it because you think it's all been fulfilled...that it's all past? Who taught that to you? Where did that come from if that characterizes you present stance? What's the basis for it? Surely you know the answers to those questions.

MM

Cross, was curious to know what Musicmaster, and Major thought.

Hi Musicmaster.

Am here because of getting banned from Christianforums.com - because of posting in the wrong sections.

Do like to have conversations, but sometimes the dialogue in text format is congestive, and hard to eat sometimes.

Now to your question:
The bible has a lot of value to us today:​
But it was not written for us, it was written for a people long ago who are addressed in just about area of scripture, especially in introductions like for the people of Rome, the people of Thessalonica, the people of Colosse, the people scattered aboard who were God's elect and Chosen, to stay in faith and were encouraged to keep looking towards God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.​

The bible is a gift for you to be able to understand God promises, and to be able establish a solid relationship with him through faith, and to be able to share stories of the Lord Jesus Christ, that are examples for us today that we can learn and add to our spiritual faith while we are walking here in this world which is not to worry really about what the world does.

However to have faith in hope of God, and the Lord Jesus Christ who overcame the world and do help us overcome problems in this life today spiritually, - which includes if we overcome some of our fleshly ways - (hatred, gossip, lying, being deceptive, looking down upon others, being judgemental) which are very hard things to get rid of without the help of God and the scriptures we are provided that help us in faith and asking God to help overcome things in our lives.​

Do not believe that personally am better than any of you; just see things different and my goal in life is to be different and contrary to the normative way people think and the way they normally believe though can accept them for believing the way they do, because​
in life we do not always have bible study - or have people to talk to about the bible all the time with​
which causes me in my life to suffer because that is something would desire, however​
am thankful to God for all life experiences ups, down, twist, turns, gravel eating dirt ridden life, that He has allowed me to have up till this point cause it has been a fun trip all in my good times, and my bad times.​

All that is known to me Musicmaster.

Living by the spirit is the preferential.
The word of God is referencial.

Last edited:
Cross, was curious to know what Musicmaster, and Major thought.

Hi Musicmaster.

Am here because of getting banned from Christianforums.com - because of posting in the wrong sections.

Do like to have conversations, but sometimes the dialogue in text format is congestive, and hard to eat sometimes.

Now to your question:
The bible has a lot of value to us today:​
But it was not written for us, it was written for a people long ago who are addressed in just about area of scripture, especially in introductions like for the people of Rome, the people of Thessalonica, the people of Colosse, the people scattered aboard who were God's elect and Chosen, to stay in faith and were encouraged to keep looking towards God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.​

The bible is a gift for you to be able to understand God promises, and to be able establish a solid relationship with him through faith, and to be able to share stories of the Lord Jesus Christ, that are examples for us today that we can learn and add to our spiritual faith while we are walking here in this world which is not to worry really about what the world does.

However to have faith in hope of God, and the Lord Jesus Christ who overcame the world and do help us overcome problems in this life today spiritually, - which includes if we overcome some of our fleshly ways - (hatred, gossip, lying, being deceptive, looking down upon others, being judgemental) which are very hard things to get rid of without the help of God and the scriptures we are provided that help us in faith and asking God to help overcome things in our lives.​

Do not believe that personally am better than any of you; just see things different and my goal in life is to be different and contrary to the normative way people think and the way they normally believe though can accept them for believing the way they do, because​
in life we do not always have bible study - or have people to talk to about the bible all the time with​
which causes me in my life to suffer because that is something would desire, however​
am thankful to God for all life experiences ups, down, twist, turns, gravel eating dirt ridden life, that He has allowed me to have up till this point cause it has been a fun trip all in my good times, and my bad times.​

All that is known to me Musicmaster.

Living by the spirit is the preferential.
The word of God is referencial.

The following link records an interesting statement:

None of the Bible Was Written to You…And That’s a Good Thing.

"Another way of saying this is to affirm that while the Bible is certainly for us, it was not written to us."

Does that resonate in your thinking?

"So the way to read the Bible is to feast on whole books, understood as the literature they are and speaking to the Bible’s first audience, while staying aware of the place the various books take within the developing narrative."

And also this as a conclusion:

"So, putting it all together, the good news is that we don’t have to pretend that we’re supposed to read the Bible and simply do everything it says. God has never wanted us to be robots. Instead, God gave us the wonderful gift of the Bible so that we can see what he’s done throughout history and absorb the story deep in our bones. And he’s trusted us to faithfully carry the story forward today.

How do we do that well? First, we have to ask what any particular part of the Bible meant to its first audiences. We explore how it contributes to the ongoing story: What new thing is happening? or What’s going wrong here in terms of where God wants the story to go?

Then, once we’ve done our due diligence on what the Bible meant, we can proceed to what it means—for us, now. We do this by reflecting on that original meaning and looking for connections to our life now. What perennial human tendencies, weaknesses, temptations are addressed? What signs do we see of God’s ultimate redemptive intentions? What do we learn about how God works?

And finally, preeminently, we watch explicitly for how Messiah Jesus is at the center of the story. It is in his life and ministry that we see what the world looks like when God rules. Not everything that God will accomplish in the end was completed during Jesus’ life, but in him we do see most clearly who God is, what he wants, and what the central trajectory of the story is.

And it’s in that redemptive, restorative trajectory of new creation that we live. Our job is to read the Bible thoroughly and well so we know what God has done and what God is doing. Our work is to labor alongside God himself, making our own contribution to his kingdom coming on earth as it is in heaven. And the only way we can know and do such things with competence and clarity is by reading and living the Bible well."

It was never a requirement that it had to be written to us, but it is for us on more ways that any of us can count.

MM

You seem to be talking at me and not to me. You have a nice night.

God bless you and your family and to all of the rest here reading.

Time for bed, Good night.

Well, now. That was a slap in the face.

Not the first time, and it won't be the last.

I was simply sharing some poignant thoughts from that site that address your comments, but I can see it was wasted. Oh well...

MM

The bible has a lot of value to us today:But it was not written for us, it was written for a people long ago who are addressed in just about area of scripture, especially in introductions like for the people of Rome, the people of Thessalonica, the people of Colosse, the people scattered aboard who were God's elect and Chosen, to stay in faith and were encouraged to keep looking towards God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Actually the Bible may have been written TO many back then, but it is FOR us all now...

Romans 15:4 (KJV) For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

As a word of encouragement, as you seem young in the faith...

1 Peter 2:2 (KJV) As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Oh yes. Absolutely, crossnote. Thank you all for your time and comments have a great day, and God bless, take care.

Last edited:
Sure...

2 Peter 3:10 (KJV) But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
(a harsh and quick form of global warming.)

But that will happen after at least a 1000 years of Christ reign on earth.

No outward sign used for "wondering" was given. Jesus said its an evil generation (natural unconverted mankind) that does look for one. Prophecy as it is written serves the believers

Christ has been reigning in the hearts of men from the New heavnely Jeruaslem for thousands of years since the fall which did set death into motion ..Its where we have our citizen ship and birth records .

He worked in the heart of Abel the first recorded martyr and ambassodor for Christ .Cain plowed him under establishing the foundation of Paganism (out of sight out of mind) No faith coing as it is written .His blood as the blood of all saints cries out in a ohpe of the receiving the new incoruptible .

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

On the last day His presence will leave altoghter along with everything or rudiment under the Sun .

The one time propmised demonstation of the father and Son is over .No need for another .Walk by faith

Yes, everyone.

1 Peter 1:1 simply tells everyone WHO Peter was directing his letter to. Jews who had come to Christ.
It has nothing to to with 2 Peter 3:10 my friend.

2 Peter 3:10
"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night
,"......is a reference to the Coming of Christ, the 2nd Coming.

The Vulgate Latin, Syriac, and Ethiopic versions, leave out the phrase, "in the night": and the Alexandrian copy uses the emphatic article, "in the night": and he will come, "as a thief", in the dark, indiscernibly; it is about SUDDENESS! It will not be known what hour he will come; he will come suddenly, at an unawares, when he is not expected, to the great surprise of men, and especially of the scoffers; when the following awful things will be done.

"in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise;"

Now you are free to believe anything you choose to believe. I on the other hand choose to believe the Word of God which says that there is going to be and end to this Earth we know now!

This Scripture right here is not about the third heaven, the seat of angels and glorified saints, and even of God himself; but the starry and airy heavens, which shall pass away, not as to their matter and substance, but as to some of their accidents and qualities, and the present use of them; and that with a great noise, like that of a violent storm, or tempest; though the Ethiopic version renders it, "without a noise"; and which is more agreeable to his coming as a thief, which is not with noise, but in as still a manner as possible; and some learned men observe, that the word signifies swiftly, as well as with a noise; and, accordingly, the Syriac version renders it "suddenly"; and the Arabic version "presently", immediately; that is, as soon as Christ shall come, immediately, at once, from his face shall the earth and heavens flee away, as John in a vision saw, ( Revelation 20:11 ) ;Source: https://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/2-peter-3-10.html

"and the elements shall melt with fervent heat:"
as the works of the earth are distinguished from the earth in the next clause; and design the firmament, or expanse, with the sun, moon, and stars in it, which will be purged and purified by this liquefaction by fire;

the earth also
will be purged and purified from everything that is noxious, hurtful, unnecessary, and disagreeable; though the matter and substance of it will continue:

and the works that are therein shall be burnt up;
all the works of nature, wicked men, cattle, trees and all the works of men, cities, towns, houses, furniture, utensils, instruments of arts of all sorts, will be burnt by a material fire, breaking out of the earth and descending from heaven, for which the present heavens and earth are reserved: this general conflagration was not only known to the Jews, but to the Heathens, to the poets, and Platonist and Stoic philosophers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back