RIP: Church Music

Hello synthplayer;

As I have gotten older I've become more critical toward contemporary praise music in the Church. The new generation of Christian musicians use no more than 3 or 4 chords in any given worship song. Most male singers are 2nd tenor and this vocal range limits singing other worship songs. I hate to use this example; Journey's Steve Perry and Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant have/had a wide vocal range and this allowed them to expand their singing range. Point is, this is important as many anointed hymns require a 1st tenor or countertenor vocal range. We could transform to a lower key but many times it takes away from the original intended key to be sung.

Hello synthplayer;

After reading the posts and all sides of RIP: Church Music the post quoted above was grossly misunderstood. Since 1974 serving in the Church ministry I was immensely blessed in what was my first ministry in the Church.

I enjoyed serving
alongside vocalists in the Church choir / praise team vocalists (many were twice my age), musicians, etc..while playing as a lead guitarist, pianist and singing 2nd tenor.

It was always inevitable that improvements through the years would be addressed, therefore, I was merely being objective, constructive and truthful.

I would never conceive of rejecting a brother or sister after seeing in their heart they wanted to lift their voice to the Lord. I've served with both vocalists and musicians who couldn't hold a note, keep a 3/4 or 4/4 time or percussion beat. Regardless;

God doesn't hear our guitar chord or voices, He hears the heart. Psalm 34:1, 1 I will praise the Lord at all times; His praise will always be on my lips. - HCSB

I enjoyed reading synthplayer's original thread on this topic and wanted to share in accord with him.

God bless
everyone, and thank you for allowing me to express my post.

Bob

As are ALL born again believers. The only reason we are saved is due to the Word of God written an APOSTLES......
Romans 10:17....."Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God"!
scriptura is the inspired word of God it was only penned by them as the Spirit moved

2 Timothy 3:16-17

King James Version

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. i am saved because of what Jesus done for me on the cross . have a good evening

scriptura is the inspired word of God it was only penned by them as the Spirit moved 2 Timothy 3:16-17 King James Version
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
i am saved because of what Jesus done for me on the cross . have a good evening

Well said, forgiven. Music to my ears.

Back