Salvation is by Grace through Faith.

How is the "through Faith" portion of this understood by the church world today?
I suppose you can ask them.
Personally I take it…‘salvation by grace through faith alone’. If it is not by faith alone, I am left to ask, “What are we to add to God’s grace through Jesus Christ?”

John 1:14,16 CSB
[14] The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. We observed his glory, the glory as the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. [16] Indeed, we have all received grace upon grace from his fullness,

I suppose you can ask them.
Personally I take it…‘salvation by grace through faith alone’. If it is not by faith alone, I am left to ask, “What are we to add to God’s grace through Jesus Christ?”

John 1:14,16 CSB
[14] The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. We observed his glory, the glory as the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. [16] Indeed, we have all received grace upon grace from his fullness,
Through Faith alone? Can you explain?

Sure, Paul says we are justified apart from works. What works would you like to add? No works added to Grace, His finished work, that's complete right? How do we fulfill the "through Faith" portion? You said by Faith alone, what does that look like?

faither said
No works added Grace, His finished work, that's complete right? How do we fulfill the "through Faith" portion? You said by Faith alone, what does that look like?
Faith alone in Jesus and His redemptive work justifies us.
Being born again, we are sanctified and grow in grace as we abide in His Word.

How would you define "Faith alone in Jesus"? Certainly we must do something ?
What must we do? What can we do to add to the marvelous salvation that Jesus has accomplished on our behalf?

Romans 5:19 CSB
[19] For just as through one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so also through the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous.

What must we do to be "born again"?
That I believe is a work of God, effected by the cross…

John 1:12-13 CSB
[12] But to all who did receive him, he gave them the right to be children of God, to those who believe in his name, [13] who were born, not of natural descent, or of the will of the flesh, or of the will of man, but of God.

John 3:6-7,12-15 CSB
[6] Whatever is born of the flesh is flesh, and whatever is born of the Spirit is spirit. [7] Do not be amazed that I told you that you must be born again. [12] If I have told you about earthly things and you don't believe, how will you believe if I tell you about heavenly things? [13] No one has ascended into heaven except the one who descended from heaven -the Son of Man. [14] "Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, [15] so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

That I believe is a work of God, effected by the cross…

John 1:12-13 CSB
[12] But to all who did receive him, he gave them the right to be children of God, to those who believe in his name, [13] who were born, not of natural descent, or of the will of the flesh, or of the will of man, but of God.

John 3:6-7,12-15 CSB
[6] Whatever is born of the flesh is flesh, and whatever is born of the Spirit is spirit. [7] Do not be amazed that I told you that you must be born again. [12] If I have told you about earthly things and you don't believe, how will you believe if I tell you about heavenly things? [13] No one has ascended into heaven except the one who descended from heaven -the Son of Man. [14] "Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, [15] so that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.
Before we are in Christ, He is none of ours. So at that point His word and the promises in His word arnt our either, correct? He calls us, draws us to make a response, an act of Faith. How would you describe that act of Faith?

What must we do? What can we do to add to the marvelous salvation that Jesus has accomplished on our behalf?

Romans 5:19 CSB
[19] For just as through one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so also through the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous.
Respond in Faith. I know what that means to me, but i'm not understanding what that means to you.

Before we are in Christ, He is none of ours. So at that point His word and the promises in His word arnt our either, correct? He calls us, draws us to make a response, an act of Faith. How would you describe that act of Faith?
As ‘looking to Jesus’ as in the wilderness being bitten by poisonous snakes…

John 3:14-15 ESV
[14] And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, [15] that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.

Let me go back and ask you, ‘what must one do to be saved?’
Its communicated to us by the use of the Greek word "pisteuo". Pisteuo is used 248 times in the NT. It's the corresponding verb to the noun Pistis. Pistis is used 245 times in the NT, and is where we get our English word "Faith". The English doesnt have a corresponding verb the the Noun Faith like the Greek does for Pistis. Huge problem for Wycliffe, he chose to try and substitute the words believe, believer, and believing which caused what Christ calls the wide path. Simply, the Vines defines pisteuo as "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender. " The Greek didnt allow work and effort to be separated from the application of faithing as it relates to the living God. Only the mistranslated words believe, believer, and believing allow that which is a stumbling block. What must one do to be saved? What does "through Faith" mean? it's a continually surrendered life. We are saved by Grace through a continually surrendered life. Grace the completed work of Christ, a continually surrendered life is the correct response to that unmerited favor.

And thats the only acceptable response also.

Its communicated to us by the use of the Greek word "pisteuo". Pisteuo is used 248 times in the NT. It's the corresponding verb to the noun Pistis. Pistis is used 245 times in the NT, and is where we get our English word "Faith". The English doesnt have a corresponding verb the the Noun Faith like the Greek does for Pistis. Huge problem for Wycliffe, he chose to try and substitute the words believe, believer, and believing which caused what Christ calls the wide path. Simply, the Vines defines pisteuo as "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender. " The Greek didnt allow work and effort to be separated from the application of faithing as it relates to the living God. Only the mistranslated words believe, believer, and believing allow that which is a stumbling block. What must one do to be saved? What does "through Faith" mean? it's a continually surrendered life. We are saved by Grace through a continually surrendered life. Grace the completed work of Christ, a continually surrendered life is the correct response to that unmerited favor.
That seems to put the onus fully on us. No longer is salvation a matter of His obedience but rather our obedience. If we fail at surrendering then there is no more grace? Can you please give Scripture stating that “we are saved by grace through a continually surrendered life “?
Jesus saves and faith lays hold of that fact. Good Night.

That seems to put the onus fully on us. No longer is salvation a matter of His obedience but rather our obedience. If we fail at surrendering then there is no more grace? Can you please give Scripture stating that “we are saved by grace through a continually surrendered life “?
Jesus saves and faith lays hold of that fact. Good Night.
It's all about the understanding of pisteuo from a discussion standpoint . You do have it right though, if faithing stops "a continually surrendered life" stops, salvation stops. Remembering that if we are continually surrendering our lives to Him and living a life inspired by such surrender expecting something in return, thats not a true surrender, thats a business deal or some kind of vending machine process.

As for scriptures to back up my understanding. Pisteuo is used 248 time in the NT. Every time you see the words believe, believer, and believing , thats pisteuo and should be understood as "a personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender.

When God repeats Himself, pay extra attention.

i go by what paul wrote in Ephesians 2 by Grace
2 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

we are also justified by Grace by faith and by the Blood . by faith we accept what Christ done for us == Grace God. riches . at .Christ . Expense i have had this discussion many times and i reject faith alone . actually it all the above but GRACE is home plate

i go by what paul wrote in Ephesians 2 by Grace
2 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

we are also justified by Grace by faith and by the Blood . by faith we accept what Christ done for us == Grace God. riches . at .Christ . Expense i have had this discussion many times and i reject faith alone . actually it all the above but GRACE is home plate
can you explain specifically what you mean by " by faith we accept what Christ has done for us"?

Back