Siblings without rivalry

My principal just said no to any restrictions her solution was just to close the library at lunchtimes.
hmm.

I suppose that could work. If everyone uses hand sanitizer, at least in a fist fight it will be clean...

Well a few weeks into school and no library at lunchtimes has been pretty good for me so far. I haven't had to break up fights and squabbles.

The children seem much better behaved as they are staggering lunch times so the juniors aren't mixing so much with the seniors, who get big heads and start picking on the younger ones.

Further thoughts...
wow staggering play and lunchtimes really works. Juniors have their space and seniors have theirs they aren't fighting over territory. The teachers are liking it better too.

I recall back in my primary school days we had junior school and senior school zones and even though I had an older sister and younger brothers 2 years apart I don't recall ever playing with them in breaks, you tend to hang around your own peer group and stick to your own areas. I don't recall the library open at lunchtimes but I did like it when I got the chance to go there in my own time without a big class... I think most of us aren't used to working in huge teams.

I know that workplaces that had huge teams and you just never had your own space never works well. Thats why I don't understand this constant drive for more cramming more people at meetings, at churches, at parties, concerts, lectures, shows. Or boosting populations so much that infrastructure cannot cope and people miss out. Lots of people and limited resources = discontent.

I see children running into the library why, they want to be the first to sit on the sofas. If they don't get there first the seats will be taken. First in first served is often the way it is..but Jesus tells us the first shall be last and the last shall be first....so how is this going to work with mankind I don't know, but He did say the kingdom is an upside down kingdom. So I suppose it's going to balance out eventually, the rich and greedy will have nothing and the meek are going to inherit the earth.

Being in the middle now seems like a good place to be at times!

Say your children are fighting and its driving you up the wall. What to do you do? Why do they fight? Does it ever stop..or do you intervene and make it even worse?
Do you take sides, but then one will always feel like the loser? Or do you ignore it all and go lalallala I can't hear you.
It depends because some people cannot be helped. I do believe that anything is possible.

Back