Sin and the Internet

I looked it up:

The roadrunners (genus Geococcyx), also known as chaparral birds or chaparral cocks, are two species of fast-running ground cuckoos with long tails and crests. They are found in the southwestern and south-central United States, Mexico and Central America,[2][3] usually in the desert. Although capable of flight, roadrunners generally run away from predators. On the ground, some have been clocked at 32 km/h (20 mph)."

Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt is the fastest human on earth and was once clocked at a little over 23 mph and way faster than Wile.

View attachment 10332
But a Coyote can run 40 t 45 mph, so the roadrunner just lucky.

Previously, one could hold others accountable for the falsehood or truth of information presented. Now, one must hold oneself accountable. It's part of our intellectual and emotional evolution. Where once children, we are now adults, and like all who venture into adulthood we will make mistakes.
well if you over 13 you technically an adult, but as people living longer maybe their maturity is being delayed. Neuroscientists say brain doesn't fully develop till age 25.

If you live at home, with parents, does that mean you still a child? I'm sure in many ways parents still think of their adult children as their child. Even when they are taller than them and independent but choose to stay out of love. I think people look down on families that stay together, its kind of weird. Everyone says you must leave home at some stage. But what if you LOVE being at home?

to me internet is just a place I go on CFS, and maybe look up words, like a reference. I guess now with broadband videos are now easier to watch, but, only if there's no advertising. Otherwise I don't bother.

I'm not someone who seeks out sin and gets their jollies from it. I think children don't have the vocab for it but if they want to find out the facts of life they need to discern what is real and what is just made up entertainment. I think most as they grow have a good grasp of it but deception always there.

I looked in a pop up library in a container it had lots of books but it was peoples discards and not anything special that I wanted to read, so, I can't say every book is a treasure there sure is a lot of trash out there. Am I worried, well one mans trash is another mans treasure so what really is your treasure? Wouldn't your treasure be something Holy that you keep forever?

well if you over 13 you technically an adult, but as people living longer maybe their maturity is being delayed. Neuroscientists say brain doesn't fully develop till age 25.

If you live at home, with parents, does that mean you still a child? I'm sure in many ways parents still think of their adult children as their child. Even when they are taller than them and independent but choose to stay out of love. I think people look down on families that stay together, its kind of weird. Everyone says you must leave home at some stage. But what if you LOVE being at home?
Ok, not sure of the technicality of being an "adult" at 13.

"The age of majority is 18 years in almost all OECD countries (Table PF1. 8. A). The exceptions are Canada (19 in certain territories), Japan (20), Korea (19), New Zealand (20), and the United States (19 in Alabama, Nebraska, Puerto Rico and 21 in Mississippi)." https://www.oecd.org/els/family/PF_1_8_Age_threshold_Childhood_to_Adulthood.pdf

As for the second comment ..... it really depends and I don't think "love" is the main reason. I have five kids. Several have come back home several times. I am sure they love us, but their reasons were purely financial. We were ok with that, but sometimes you have to call it how it is.

They look like our foxes. (but much paler)

My niece who has not long moved into her new home, has a fox that comes round to her house at 11pm each night. I think the last owner of the house must have been an animal lover, as it waits at the door. So sweet.

Back on topic...
I think the internet is a tool like any other in the hands of whomever is using it.
Whether it is used for good or bad depends on the mindset of the bearer.
Social constructs, and cultural norms magnify what is or isnt acceptable.
I dont believe man is inherently eviler today, than in past generations.
There are simply more people with more tools at their disposal to be so.
This is why prayer is more important than ever.

We have mostly reptiles, some of which get to be around 20 feet (6 meters) long.
Back on topic...
I think the internet is a tool like any other in the hands of whomever is using it.
See, now you are making me think harder. Is there a difference between sin and evil? I think there is. I think it is possible for sin to not be evil, but all acts of evil are sins. As we know, we are all born sinners, but not evil. We can all sin and not even realize it. To be evil; however, takes knowledge of one's actions.

The internet is in fact just a tool. It is a facilitator to both sin and evil. The internet provides people with an access to communications and to all world knowledge.

The original idea of the internet was developed by the U.S. Department of Defense's Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) to prevent a country-wide loss of communications via a nuclear attack by Russia. With the development of a universal way of communicating (TCP/IP) this allowed multiple systems to communicate with each other and paved the way to what we have now. At this point, with e-mail, video conferencing, data storage and exchange, I can't imagine a world without this tool.

Hm. Have you ever stopped to think of just how much of our human advances were motivated by war and conflict? I mean, weapons, gun powder, armor, transportation, communications, GPS, etc.

The original idea of the internet was developed by the U.S. Department of Defense's Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) to prevent a country-wide loss of communications via a nuclear attack by Russia. With the development of a universal way of communicating (TCP/IP) this allowed multiple systems to communicate with each other and paved the way to what we have now. At this point, with e-mail, video conferencing, data storage and exchange, I can't imagine a world without this tool.

Hello rtm3039;

What you shared about the original idea and history of the internet is new to me and it's good to know. When I first heard of TCP/IP the internet communication happened so fast in the professional environment.

We didn't have personal internet in our home until 2000, and what we did with it was brought upon ourselves - email, online banking, spreadsheets and documents that could be sent to others, etc...then later video communication like ZOOM and Google Meet.

My first experience with a Christian forum was back in 2004. The sites were so cluttered and some still are today. XenForo software came out about 14 years ago and is what Christian Forum Site uses today.

Thank you for sharing, Ray.

Hello rtm3039;

What you shared about the original idea and history of the internet is new to me and it's good to know. When I first heard of TCP/IP the internet communication happened so fast in the professional environment.

We didn't have personal internet in our home until 2000, and what we did with it was brought upon ourselves - email, online banking, spreadsheets and documents that could be sent to others, etc...then later video communication like ZOOM and Google Meet.

My first experience with a Christian forum was back in 2004. The sites were so cluttered and some still are today. XenForo software came out about 14 years ago and is what Christian Forum Site uses today.

Thank you for sharing, Ray.
Hey Bob,

I do not recall when we first got internet, but it would have been close to when it was available, as I have always been a "geek" and got int this as soon as possible. I remember having to "dial up" and hearing the now historical "You've Got Mail." So, this would have been very late 1980s or early 1990.

Move forward to 2000 and we get the "M-DCPS Announces Districtwide School Closures Effective Monday, March 16, 2020." This was initially set for a week, then spring break, then back to normal. We ended up not opening for the rest of the year and, for the following year, we had this dual modality thing where some went back to class and most went on-line. Just to make it more fun, less than a month after starting the dual modality, this happens "Miami-Dade County Public Schools, the fourth-largest school district in the U.S., faces a barrage of cyberattacks that disrupted virtual classes and locked students and teachers out of the online learning platform. Local police, the FBI, and the U.S. Secret Service probe the matter." It ended up being a 16 y/o student who got the program, for free, from the Dark web. It cost millions of dollars to fix what he broke. He was arrested, but the district decided not to press charges.

At the time I was not in charge of anything but was apparently the only person at the office who knew anything (aka: the Geek). Had to introduce people to what a VPN was, how to use video conferencing (aka: Zoom), had to create a virtual office via Teams, and even had to research available services to get documents signed (DocuSign). The boss at the time did not think this would last, so she left her work PC at the office. Three other people had no reliable internet service. To take events even crazier, the stress was too much for the boss, who resigned via a text message. So, from Marh 17, 2000 until August 18, 2021, it was a struggle between unused software and untrained software users.

So, the moral of the story is that the internet would be a much greater issue, if most people knew just how powerful this tool is.

"The age of majority is 18 years in almost all OECD countries (Table PF1. 8. A). The exceptions are Canada (19 in certain territories), Japan (20), Korea (19), New Zealand (20), and the United States (19 in Alabama, Nebraska, Puerto Rico and 21 in Mississippi)." https://www.oecd.org/els/family/PF_1_8_Age_threshold_Childhood_to_Adulthood.pdf

As for the second comment ..... it really depends and I don't think "love" is the main reason. I have five kids. Several have come back home several times. I am sure they love us, but their reasons were purely financial. We were ok with that, but sometimes you have to call it how it is.
What. I don't live with my parents because it's cheaper. I live with them because if I don't they would probably kill each other.

In the last century, most people left school at 13 and got a job. They didn't need high school. They were adults, and had to look after their families, (siblings and parents) even if it meant just contributing to the family on minimum wage. You can have children in your teens.

what RTM...your children don't really love you? So if they were rich they would just say 'see ya later, am out of here'. Please tell me it isn't so. Then you just a sugar daddy to them?
Would you not welcome the prodigal son or daughter?

hmm that makes me think, do some people only love God our Father cos He's rich...yet live their lives far away from God because they are wealthy.

I don't know. Jesus definitely wanted to be close to His Father. He wasn't seeking his fortune elsewhere or going round the world on a holiday. He wanted more people to know God, and for Israel to be a family again.

Back on topic...
kinda like a double edged sword right?
Or a knife...it can chop veges with a clean cut or it could be used to stab someone.

What. I don't live with my parents because it's cheaper. I live with them because if I don't they would probably kill each other.

In the last century, most people left school at 13 and got a job. They didn't need high school. They were adults, and had to look after their families, (siblings and parents) even if it meant just contributing to the family on minimum wage. You can have children in your teens.
Hm. I have no idea where you are getting this from. Can you point me to where you are getting this data? I have found that when people use the word "most," they enter a slippery slope.

Last edited:

My kids do the same..I have 2, and they need always more money

the latest one today is...
'mum can you lend me 100 quid my car insurance has just gone up'

i'm sure your kids do love you rtm, I used to be the same with my dad too. I would be asking him for a borrow, and then when I went to give it back, he would say "never mind, enjoy yourself"

its a tough world out there... and us parents are just big softies😇

Back