Struggling with homosexuality.

Ever since I could remember I've never been sexually attracted to girls, the only attraction of that type I have is toward guys. This pains me to no end because it's very clean in the Bible that homosexuality is a sin and a very serious one at that. I hate being like this, I feel like I'm some sort of animal or a freak, I don't wanna be like this it's just how I've always been. It's really hard for me because I wanna talk to one of my friends about it so I can get some help but I'm so scared of being judged, I'm scared they'll look at me as a completely different person as soon as I tell them. Most everyone I'm around (friends, family, etc) are all very homophobic. They look at homosexuals as these people who are blatantly going against God's natural way of life but it's not like that, I've been praying for a long time that God would change me and make me normal like everyone else, but it hasn't happened! I'm so lost and confused and I frankly have no idea what I should do about this. Someday I wanna get married and have kids and raise a family, but I don't know how I'm gonna do that if I'm gay.

I really need help, does anybody have any suggestions on what I could do?

Ever since I could remember I've never been sexually attracted to girls, the only attraction of that type I have is toward guys. This pains me to no end because it's very clean in the Bible that homosexuality is a sin and a very serious one at that. I hate being like this, I feel like I'm some sort of animal or a freak, I don't wanna be like this it's just how I've always been. It's really hard for me because I wanna talk to one of my friends about it so I can get some help but I'm so scared of being judged, I'm scared they'll look at me as a completely different person as soon as I tell them. Most everyone I'm around (friends, family, etc) are all very homophobic. They look at homosexuals as these people who are blatantly going against God's natural way of life but it's not like that, I've been praying for a long time that God would change me and make me normal like everyone else, but it hasn't happened! I'm so lost and confused and I frankly have no idea what I should do about this. Someday I wanna get married and have kids and raise a family, but I don't know how I'm gonna do that if I'm gay.

Hi and welcome

You tackle being gay like you do every passion of the flesh... draw closer to Jesus. Please do not become yet another common Christian that lives with mortal sin and tries to justify it. You will die and go to hell with the rest of them. We ''ALL'' need to daily work out our salvation with fear and trembling Phil 2:12.

I used to be in sexual sin before I was saved so please listen to me > others.

1. Face reality. God made you male. If God thought you would be happier with /wanted you with a male, He would have made you a female.
2. Many ''Christians'' accept it, but many ''Christians'' will be in hell...so many accepting it means absolutely nothing.
3. Understand that you are still alive because God has hope for you. As you noted there were harsh punishments OT for this. It is because God's toleration level runs out quicker on mortal sins then it does on venial sins.
4. We fight the flesh and its desires until we die. But we need to see progress out of mortal into venial type sins. Just like a fornicator moves from actual fornication to battling thoughts only, when he honors marriage....because he loves his wife.
5. We are not Christians because we accept or believe in Jesus. We are Christians because we accept and believe that Jesus is LORD. Unless Jesus is LORD of our lives, we are not Christians.

Rom 8:13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

1 Cor 11:31 But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment.

This thread will be HIGHLY monitored. We have been here before and it always went south. If we don't come across with the love of God and bashing this member or each other it will be closed. Pray before you post. TY for your cooperation

What I did was get on my knees one night and talk sincerely to God. I told Him how I love the sexual sin I did and could not imagine a life without it. I told Him that I approved of all that Jesus taught and thanked Him for making me and having mercy on me for so long.

The next day I was tempted to the usual activities but could not get an image of the cross out of my mind. That image has stayed in my mind to this day. Going on for 20 years now with none of that immoral sexual sin. I choose to respect and live 100% for Jesus. To hell with my flesh and its rotten desires.

Patrick, there is victory in Jesus you just have to accept it. I was in sexual sin as well and it controlled me like someone who is addicted to drugs. I claimed to be a Christian because I went to church like everyone else. I wasn't truly set free until I gave my entire life to the Lord and had fellowship with Him daily. You need to believe and have faith God has healed you of this and read the bible daily. Praise the Lord daily as well. I think where a lot of people fail is they continually go to the Lord begging for help and the Lord is telling them I've already done my part. Our prayer life should be 90% praise and thanking the Lord and 10% asking for things. That figure is just my own but when we come to the Lord in Love and Praise we will see a better relationship with Him and you will see changes in your life; to include homosexuality.

I generally avoid these threads. Throughout my life, I have been close friends/confidante to maybe 20 gay men - one a family member. They all said they were born that way. I took them at their word. My experience has led me to these observations: the gay culture is more youth based then even the outward heterosexual society as a whole - so growing old there is that much harsher. Even in the "stablest" relationships, sex outside the relationship is allowed as long as it's just sex for sex sake. And more, is often included to 3 and 4 partner relations. Drug use is more often de rigeour than not. You have to recognize that lust can mimic love. One of my closest relations was an activist and writer. He gave lectures and was always asked if he had always been that way. The last time he gave a lecture, he answered yes he'd always been but he told me, later that he suddenly realized all those years, he had blocked a memory of a prolonged molestation that had occurred when he was 12-13. As we talked thru his memories, he realized he had not been "born that way" but the world had led him there. He had pursued the "power" of his relationships rather than looking for love. He was handsome, intelligent (the kind that could recreate the world after an apolcalypse), sensitive, and powerful - the line around the block of women he never considered. If you define yourself as gay, you will be. You can love men and women (I do) but how you express that love is your choice. It is a hard way to be.

My friend......come to Christ and be saved!

Old things will then pass away and God will make all things new for you.

Patrick Everyone has sinned and falls short (Rom 3:23) God made man perfect in His image. He gave man choice (Free will) and man chose to transgress as we all do, it is our nature (flesh) we are all born of Adam which is to say we are born into sin. (Sin is transgression of rule or law)
I was born a liar, thief, cheat, adulterer, idolater and murderer. Nothing short of the grace of God could have removed me from this. My life was spent devouring everything this world had to offer, the end result was emptiness. Moving from one want to the next thinking, as if it were acquired/obtained I would arrive. It never happened, more emptiness discontent and depression was the end result. Jesus said He will give us water that if we drink we will never thirst again (Rom 4:13-14 ). He is my choice. My life is full of trials to this day and I do not always choose the right direction to go. But He is all ways there (Heb 13:5).
I believe God created man with a place inside that can only be filled by Him. The world offers many things that are only temporary. Such as entertainment, you can watch a movie and feel the love or the joy the actor shows, when the movie ends you are left empty. Sports do the same so filled with excitement/joy and left with nothing, unless you find someone to share it with you try to relive the excitement/ joy then you are left with nothing.
I am sorry I have written so much and not directly addressed your issue; the bottom line is that apart from God we are all lost and condemned.
God is sovereign so you did not arrive here by chance

John 6:44
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.
You should find comfort in this!

peter

The fruits of this world

Fade away
They cause
Hurt and pain
Rot and Decay
The end is misery
I rejoice in the Joy of the Lord
Your joy is everlasting
All I need I find in You
Thank you for loving me
Thank you for letting me see

You!

Last edited:
Having desires towards ones own gender in and of itself is not a sin, it is the acting out of the desires that is sin.
Andy Warhol is a good example of a homosexual who walked the straight and narrow as far as his sexual behaviors.

He made everything.

King James Bible
Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Things like darkness, cold, and of course evil, are negative elements -- a lack of the positives, light, heat, and peace. Sin isn't a creation of God, but a negative element divorced from God. God never directly formed sin, but it what natural occurs when separated from God.

I agree with Glomung in regards to homosexuality itself as not being the sin, but any pursuit of it (even as much as lustful thoughts) is indeed a sin. In fact, I should back peddle and say that homosexuality is the sin but having gay instincts isn't a sin, as we all have sinful instincts. But how we respond to those instincts is very important. If I think of a lustful thought in disgust, then I haven't done anything wrong. I was able to understand that it was wrong and wanted no part of it. If I think of a lustful thought and get entertainment from it, then I have done something wrong because, through my thoughts, I've rejected God.

The problem with "being gay" by today's standards instantly means pursuing it as a lifestyle. So while being gay may not be a choice itself (that's for another discussion), pursuing it is totally a choice. That's why homosexuality is indeed a sin.

The subject of whether one is born gay or chooses to have gay instincts is almost a red herring when we look at the pursuit of sin itself or the strive to become like Christ and reject it.

Then no sinner is a Christian.

You do error my brother.

John 8:11
"And Jesus said, Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”

If we correctly divide the Word of God we see that Jesus saying, “Go and sin no more,” He was not speaking of sinless perfection. He was warning against a return to sinful lifestyle choices.

As for the application of that toward homosexuality, the Word of God says clearly in Leviticus 18:22 .......
"Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is an abomination."

Then again in Leviticus 20:13 ..........
"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is an abomination. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

The words of our Lord both extended mercy and demanded holiness to the woman caught in adultery. Jesus was always had the perfect balance of “grace and truth”.

John 1:14.......
"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

With forgiveness comes the expectation that we will not continue in the same path of rebelliousness. Those who know God’s love will naturally want to obey Him.

John 14:15.......
"If you love me, you will keep my commandments."

Back