Struggling with homosexuality.

Of course I agree you will be judged on your sins by God - That isn't what we are discussing here. A gay couple not bothering anyone is hardly in the same league as a paedophile I think you'll agree?

A paedophile for me is the only crime against a state that deserves death & ultimately a well deserved seat in Hell without question. A gay couple is in a different universe sin-wise for heavens sake.

I believe a gay person that doesn't affect anyone else will end up in heaven if they live their life in a good manner.

Just my 2 cents.

Agreed, who are we to judge? Besides, we don't know what God is thinking.

Of course I agree you will be judged on your sins by God - That isn't what we are discussing here. A gay couple not bothering anyone is hardly in the same league as a paedophile I think you'll agree?

A paedophile for me is the only crime against a state that deserves death & ultimately a well deserved seat in Hell without question. A gay couple is in a different universe sin-wise for heavens sake.

I believe a gay person that doesn't affect anyone else will end up in heaven if they live their life in a good manner.

Just my 2 cents.
It is unbiblical to think that God approves of homosexuality. You are making excuses for a sin, repentance doesn't come from excuses.

Indeed, Nobody knows what our lord is thinking - that is one thing that is for sure.

It's very well quoting scripture by everyone, there is nothing wrong with that, however let's not pretend to understand God fully. Even ministers don't fully understand God.

It is unbiblical to think that God approves of homosexuality. You are making excuses for a sin, repentance doesn't come from excuses.

According to my knowledge, God disagrees with gay sexual relationships. Not gay relationships.
Should all priests who are openly gay be thrown out?
According to your view they cannot have a happy relationship with God.

Cough...ok - I'm confused. It looks like Fish and Schwanz are the same?

Incorrect. I don't know Schwanz, besides I live in England, Chesterfield to be precise.
It is clear we share the same views.

According to my knowledge, God disagrees with gay sexual relationships. Not gay relationships.

In Romans 1:27 it states the the desire which lead to the act. If we lust/desire the sin is already commited. Should you continue to read the rest of Romans 1 you will see by condoning you are guilty of the same

peter

In Romans 1:27 it states the the desire which lead to the act. If we lust/desire the sin is already commited. Should you continue to read the rest of Romans 1 you will see by condoning you are guilty of the same

peter

Interesting... lust...it doesn't mention lust/desire in a gay relationship, this is what we are talking about.
I am not going to tell the poor man stuck in the middle that he is a disgrace to God. I personally don't think any of us can make that judgement.

He made everything.

King James Bible
Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
He made everything.

King James Bible
Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Ah, so during my time at good ol' Bible college, I studied this scripture because it baffled me. "God created sin? No way! I gotta study this."

The word "darkness" comes from a Hebrew word that means, "calamity, adversity, affliction, distress, misery." Other translations actually use the word "disaster" instead of evil. I compared my KJV to an NIV one time and noticed the word difference in that Scripture.

If you want to throw that Scripture around without the surrounding text, be my guest. However, allow me to show you what I came up with when I studied it: The context of this Scripture is telling us how God is rewarding Israel for being obedient and punishing them for disobedience. Yes, we all know that God pours our blessings. But sin? No. This is not what the Scripture is referring to. But God does bring judgment on those who go against him. Look at Isaiah 45:9: "Woe to him who quarrels with his Master."

That is the person that God brings "evil" and "disaster" to.

Therefore, instead of saying, "God created moral evil," Isaiah 45:7 means that God brings destruction and disaster to those who oppose him with rebellion.

Before creation there was nothing. God created everything. In order to have free obedience, free will must have a choice. You can't have good without the possibility of evil; you cannot have light without the possibility of darkness; you cannot have truth without the possibility of a lie, if you allow choice. God set up the means for cause and effect. While Adam was obedient all was well and evil had no power, no authority. When Adam was disobedient the consequences were that evil was given power and authority. This is what God created, man let evil have authority and power, not God. Evil is defined as any thing which produces pain, distress, loss or calamity, or which in any way disturbs the peace, impairs the happiness, or destroys the perfection of natural beings. God created evil (the effect of a cause) via the law of choice. Into the DNA of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil was written the rules by which authority would be transferred and how it could be reversed. A man gave it up, a Man took it back. Use understand and seek wisdom when reading God's word so you don't fall into the Job trap of "God gives, God takes away." Only evil takes away the gifts of God by the power and authority of disobedience. Man allowed evil to thrive through disobedience. God created the law by which evil exists.
Bara ra. בורא רע Only God can create (bara) which is what this word means and it also means to create new conditions and circumstances. Cause and effect.

You are living in a false world if you think a gay couple is going to live together without having a sexual relationship. The same goes with a man and a woman living together who are in a relationship; eventually they are going to fall into sin with one another.

Since this thread is straying off topic I'll stop posting on it. Patrick, if you would like to talk some I sent you a private message.

Interesting... lust...it doesn't mention lust/desire in a gay relationship, this is what we are talking about.
I am not going to tell the poor man stuck in the middle that he is a disgrace to God. I personally don't think any of us can make that judgement.

I think that if you see someone making a mistake that could lead them separated from God for etenity you should be honest even if the truth could /would hurt their feeling. Should you believe that being homosexual is something that God condones. Then we read 2 different bibles. Patrick himself said he chose God and was not going to pursue a homosexual life style..... I pray that God fills him with the joy and understanding that can only be found in Him.

peter

No longer

Do I walk the path
Or road apart from You
No longer
Do I seek the world
as I used to do
No longer
Is there pleasure
In any thing but You
Apart from You
There is nothing
Nothing I can do
All the joy in my life
It is found in You
So I keep my eyes on
Jesus
All I want is You

peter​

It's very well quoting scripture by everyone, there is nothing wrong with that, however let's not pretend to understand God fully. Even ministers don't fully understand God.
CBZone: I appreciated your previous post, it was encouraging but what do you mean by "I would suggest that if you are a christian you are standing in the wrong place as it were as if you were NOT crucified with Christ .", I'm slightly confused.

KingJ: That's very true what you said about James 4:8, I don't think I explained my last post right at all. I'm definitely going to continue drawing near to God and working on my relationship with Him.

I don't consider myself a gay person, I basically just struggle with same-sex attraction, and that kills me inside.

As for those that are saying homosexuality isn't a sin, there's plenty of verses in the bible that clearly say it is. I was reading 1 Corinthians the other day and I saw these verses:

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Patrick continue reading 1 cor. 6:9-15..... we do have an AWESOME GOD!

CBZone: I appreciated your previous post, it was encouraging but what do you mean by "I would suggest that if you are a christian you are standing in the wrong place as it were as if you were NOT crucified with Christ .", I'm slightly confused.

KingJ: That's very true what you said about James 4:8 I don't think I explained my last post right at all. I'm definitely going to continue drawing near to God and working on my relationship with Him.

I don't consider myself a gay person, I basically just struggle with same-sex attraction, and that kills me inside.

As for those that are saying homosexuality isn't a sin, there's plenty of verses in the bible that clearly say it is. I was reading 1 Corinthians the other day and I saw these verses:

11 Cor 6:9-10/u>, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Patrick continue reading 1 cor. 6:9-15..... we do have an AWESOME GOD!

I think that if you see someone making a mistake that could lead them separated from God for etenity you should be honest even if the truth could /would hurt their feeling. Should you believe that being homosexual is something that God condones. Then we read 2 different bibles. Patrick himself said he chose God and was not going to pursue a homosexual life style..... I pray that God fills him with the joy and understanding that can only be found in Him.

peter

No longer

Do I walk the path
Or road apart from You
No longer
Do I seek the world
as I used to do
No longer
Is there pleasure
In any thing but You
Apart from You
There is nothing
Nothing I can do
All the joy in my life
It is found in You
So I keep my eyes on
Jesus
All I want is You

peter​

Well Peter I cannot argue with you there.
I can see that this whole topic is getting a little heated so I will back off.
Biblically everyone is correct that homosexuality isn't praised.

Back