Study of Mark 11:24 and Effectual Prayers

Good morning Jim and thank you for the invitation to join you and these other splendid Brethren. I have a few thoughts on your subject. The word "Faith" is a word that, over the years" has been a word that many people have asked about. If we look at Hebrews eleven verse one in the ESV it becomes a little clearer, IMO.

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." These two words "assurance" and "conviction" instead of the KJV language, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." "assurance" and "conviction" seem to me, makes faith a little more real. I can identify with those two words better than the KJV words.

When the promises of God are understood by me and I pray to God for that promise to come into my life, as long as I'm walking in the Spirit, I'm assured by the Almighty that it will, at some time, come into my life....A conviction is an unshakable determination that controls my thinking and practice.

Abdicate, in post #4 mentioned healing. Here's a little nugget of truth I like to throw out. In John 17:24 "Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world." Of course the rest of the verses help to uphold this verse and should be read.

This is the High Priestly Prayer of Jesus Christ which covers His Disciples and all who believe as the results of their Gospel message, including us. Notice Jesus' prayer.... "whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am." For those who receive a devastating report that the cancer or other disease is terminal, we usually plead with God to heal this person for many reasons. WAIT! A prayer has already before our Father, by Jesus, that they would die and come to Him.

See the problem? God has to decide whether to answer His Son's request for the person to die and come to Him, or to leave this person alive in answer to our prayer. His Son or ours, oh my, I wouldn't want to be God!

Lastly, to pray in Jesus Name, IMO, is to pray a prayer that Jesus would pray if He were on the earth looking at that same situation.

@Chopper Wonderful friend! Jesus' prayer was fulfilled when we get saved. We have a spiritual body as well which far too many know nothing about.

1 Corinthians 15:44 (KJV)
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.​

There's a site I go to where I read about financial matters, and its motto is "On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." I thought that was quite witty for guys who live by charts and graphs and are not Christians. This is a solid truth in their experiences. As Christians, if Jesus' prayer were to be answered, we'd die the moment we got saved. We are promised 70 years and by strength 80 years, Psalms 90:10. (HA! 90-10= 80!) But I don't believe that's what Jesus was praying for. I believe He was praying that while physically in the body, we are with Him in the Spirit. What I'm going to say is not something I'm going to defend, but I am going to give you some events I've experienced within the last couple of months, because I lived them.

I had a very lucid vivid event about a dear friend of mine. It's rather long and one day it'll be for her, so I won't say what it was about, but I will say this: I was in the spirit when I experienced it, a vision while my body slept. I mean, the events didn't happen within my head but within the spiritual realm. It was choked full of imagery and symbols both for her and for me. The Lord explained it all to me and I have peace in my spirit that I have the information I need. I'm in Europe and she's in Texas and I was able to visit her spiritual house and experience it from God's eyes. When I wrote it down the details became even more amazing as I remembered them, linking (telling, explaining, syncing - I don't know what to call it) the experience to my physical body from my spiritual body. I told my wife about it and she told me about her vision of this same person back in 1993, confirming my summation of the event.

Another event occurred one night after my wife told me the week before about a trip, yes a trip, she took to heaven while her body slept. I told her and asked the Lord to allow me to as well. That night I found myself with an older man, a country farmer. It was very vivid. I saw him from the side from just behind him. He had on coveralls and a worn out red baseball hat. I saw four angels put a white robe on him and his hat and his old clothes vanished. They tied a golden rope around him. It was like looking through a ship's portal. I could only see what was right in front of me. I woke up physically. My wife asked me if I saw anything. It was 2am and surprised she was awake too. I asked her if I woke her and she said no, she was waiting for me. I asked her what she meant and she told me she saw me with the old childrens Sunday-school teacher who had just died and had gone to be with the Lord! She told me what I saw! Then she shocked me more: she said she saw me return to my body and I gasped and then woke up! My step-mother said when my father died, she saw his spirit leave. She's a hardened Fundamental Independent Baptist and they just don't talk about those "things". I used to be the same way until I experienced the Kingdom for myself!

When our bodies rest, our spirit is free to do and learn things. Why don't we die? Because the Holy Spirit is within us! This is confirmed in what Paul said in Ephesians 2:6 about us already being seated in the heavenly places. This is what Job meant about God speaking to us twice, once awake and another asleep because we don't listen for Him when awake, Job 33:14-17. This is so that NOW today, we are given the mysteries of God so we can tell them to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, Ephesians 3:9-11! What a very odd statement! Don't these principalities and power not know this already? Yes, but we're to tell these mysteries so as to show them WE KNOW THEM TOO and more because they don't know everything!! Knowing the mysteries of God and declaring them to our enemy is to show them we have authority and power through Jesus! This is warfare 101! This is precisely what Jesus meant in His prayer, Chopper, that while we are alive we have spiritual fellowship with Him in the physical. See the wonderful gift of Jesus isn't a future event after death, but right now and here is what Paul said:

1 John 4:17 (KJV)
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

As Jesus is, so are we NOW, today, in THIS world! Glory to God! Is Jesus sick? Is He feeble? Then why are we!? We are to declare to those principalities and powers that hold us back in oppression - WE have authority because of Jesus, not them! When two marry they become one, right!? Well, we are the BRIDE of Christ! We are ONE with Him! As HE is SO are WE! Hallelujah!!!! Now that'll set your faith on fire! In my thread Unanswered Prayers, I shared a wonderful sermon on this issue which helped me immensely! Two things stop prayers, sin and doubt - which is lack of faith. That's it! All the promises of God are YES!

2 Corinthians 1:20 (KJV)
For all the promises of God in him [are] yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.​

Examine this verse: First: promises (how many promises? ALL!!) of God are, second, YES in Jesus. Third: "Amen" in Hebrew is "Yes, I believe!", "I agree!", "I proclaim!" Faith comes by hearing the word of God from our own mouths!!! Four: it's for the glory of God BY us!!! This is how the world knows we are His, Mark 16:17-18!

Finally, if all this still isn't enough, here's what Jesus told His disciples when they couldn't overcome these principalities:

Matthew 17:21 (KJV)
Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
What is "this" - the principalities and powers! We get too caught up in the flesh sometimes and forget it keeps us a prisoner when it gets too powerful. Prayer and fasting is the last thing the flesh wants. The devil is right there egging us on, making our flesh cry out, so we must crucify the flesh, Galatians 5:24. Jesus had the power. He didn't go and fast and pray and then come back later. Jesus didn't say "Hold that thought!" He had it stored up for when He needed it!! He did it all as a man to show us that's exactly what we can do too! So let's look at this passage.

Galatians 5:22-24 (KJV)
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.​

So you see we have the fruits of the Spirit listed. These are from the Holy Spirit by His nudging to do this or not do that. The more obedient the more fruit because we GROW in Him. As we grow, notice what happens: AGAINST SUCH THERE IS NO LAW! If there's no law, then the physical laws don't apply either! Jesus walked on water as a man. Jesus raised the dead as a man. Jesus healed the sick as a man. Smith Wigglesworth raised his own wife from the dead! (He paid dearly for that later by his Mrs.! :sneaky: ) Now if the greatest law to mortals is death, and death can be circumvented, everything else can too. There's a law we all know well, "What goes up must come down." Is it 100% true? Nope, Enoch, Elijah and Jesus only went up... :whistle:

When things don't work out, it's a copout to say "It must be God's will." God's will is to give whatsoever we ask in the Name of Jesus, Ephesians 3:20, Romans 8:32! We must only first seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, Matthew 6:33. So when things don't work, we need to examine ourselves. Seek the Kingdom first, seek His righteousness, find hidden sin, find disbelief, defeat the flesh, and have faith, then ALL these things will be added - a promise! Faith is the currency of heaven. We are the problem, not God. We dance around our flesh to protect it, invent theology to shield our failures and blame God as it being His will. At least the apostles went to Jesus to find out why they couldn't overcome something. The word of God says it is His will that we should ask anything in His Name it shall be done - a promise! John 14:14, Matthew 18:19. If we ask and still nothing, then why are we asking? We also must examine our motives, James 4:3. If God is not the problem, what is? Us and following His protocol.

I hope this helps you dear brother, I know it has me!

@Abdicate.....shew that was off the hook! Gave me lots of things to think about....and yes as my pastor asked..is your wood burning yet? Yes mine is ablaze!
Blessings and thank You for being an obedient partaker of the Lord's goodness! And for sharing it with all of us! I know God is smiling in heaven looking down at you and your family!

@Abdicate.....shew that was off the hook! Gave me lots of things to think about....and yes as my pastor asked..is your wood burning yet? Yes mine is ablaze!
Blessings and thank You for being an obedient partaker of the Lord's goodness! And for sharing it with all of us! I know God is smiling in heaven looking down at you and your family!

If your wood aint burnen after that, well your wood is wet !!!

@Chopper Wonderful friend! a hardened Fundamental Independent Baptist

(KJV)
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.​

There's a site I go to where I read about financial matters, and its motto is "On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." I thought that was quite witty for guys who live by charts and graphs and are not Christians. This is a solid truth in their experiences. As Christians, if Jesus' prayer were to be answered, we'd die the moment we got saved. We are promised 70 years and by strength 80 years, . (HA! 90-10= 80!) But I don't believe that's what Jesus was praying for. I believe He was praying that while physically in the body, we are with Him in the Spirit. What I'm going to say is not something I'm going to defend, but I am going to give you some events I've experienced within the last couple of months, because I lived them.

I had a very lucid vivid event about a dear friend of mine. It's rather long and one day it'll be for her, so I won't say what it was about, but I will say this: I was in the spirit when I experienced it, a vision while my body slept. I mean, the events didn't happen within my head but within the spiritual realm. It was choked full of imagery and symbols both for her and for me. The Lord explained it all to me and I have peace in my spirit that I have the information I need. I'm in Europe and she's in Texas and I was able to visit her spiritual house and experience it from God's eyes. When I wrote it down the details became even more amazing as I remembered them, linking (telling, explaining, syncing - I don't know what to call it) the experience to my physical body from my spiritual body. I told my wife about it and she told me about her vision of this same person back in 1993, confirming my summation of the event.

Another event occurred one night after my wife told me the week before about a trip, yes a trip, she took to heaven while her body slept. I told her and asked the Lord to allow me to as well. That night I found myself with an older man, a country farmer. It was very vivid. I saw him from the side from just behind him. He had on coveralls and a worn out red baseball hat. I saw four angels put a white robe on him and his hat and his old clothes vanished. They tied a golden rope around him. It was like looking through a ship's portal. I could only see what was right in front of me. I woke up physically. My wife asked me if I saw anything. It was 2am and surprised she was awake too. I asked her if I woke her and she said no, she was waiting for me. I asked her what she meant and she told me she saw me with the old childrens Sunday-school teacher who had just died and had gone to be with the Lord! She told me what I saw! Then she shocked me more: she said she saw me return to my body and I gasped and then woke up! My step-mother said when my father died, she saw his spirit leave. She's a hardened Fundamental Independent Baptist and they just don't talk about those "things". I used to be the same way until I experienced the Kingdom for myself!

When our bodies rest, our spirit is free to do and learn things. Why don't we die? Because the Holy Spirit is within us! This is confirmed in what Paul said in about us already being seated in the heavenly places. This is what Job meant about God speaking to us twice, once awake and another asleep because we don't listen for Him when awake, . This is so that NOW today, we are given the mysteries of God so we can tell them to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, ! What a very odd statement! Don't these principalities and power not know this already? Yes, but we're to tell these mysteries so as to show them WE KNOW THEM TOO and more because they don't know everything!! Knowing the mysteries of God and declaring them to our enemy is to show them we have authority and power through Jesus! This is warfare 101! This is precisely what Jesus meant in His prayer, Chopper, that while we are alive we have spiritual fellowship with Him in the physical. See the wonderful gift of Jesus isn't a future event after death, but right now and here is what Paul said:

(KJV)
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

As Jesus is, so are we NOW, today, in THIS world! Glory to God! Is Jesus sick? Is He feeble? Then why are we!? We are to declare to those principalities and powers that hold us back in oppression - WE have authority because of Jesus, not them! When two marry they become one, right!? Well, we are the BRIDE of Christ! We are ONE with Him! As HE is SO are WE! Hallelujah!!!! Now that'll set your faith on fire! In my thread Unanswered Prayers, I shared a wonderful sermon on this issue which helped me immensely! Two things stop prayers, sin and doubt - which is lack of faith. That's it! All the promises of God are YES!

(KJV)
For all the promises of God in him [are] yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.​

Examine this verse: First: promises (how many promises? ALL!!) of God are, second, YES in Jesus. Third: "Amen" in Hebrew is "Yes, I believe!", "I agree!", "I proclaim!" Faith comes by hearing the word of God from our own mouths!!! Four: it's for the glory of God BY us!!! This is how the world knows we are His, !

Finally, if all this still isn't enough, here's what Jesus told His disciples when they couldn't overcome these principalities:

(KJV)
Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
What is "this" - the principalities and powers! We get too caught up in the flesh sometimes and forget it keeps us a prisoner when it gets too powerful. Prayer and fasting is the last thing the flesh wants. The devil is right there egging us on, making our flesh cry out, so we must crucify the flesh, . Jesus had the power. He didn't go and fast and pray and then come back later. Jesus didn't say "Hold that thought!" He had it stored up for when He needed it!! He did it all as a man to show us that's exactly what we can do too! So let's look at this passage.

(KJV)
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.​

So you see we have the fruits of the Spirit listed. These are from the Holy Spirit by His nudging to do this or not do that. The more obedient the more fruit because we GROW in Him. As we grow, notice what happens: AGAINST SUCH THERE IS NO LAW! If there's no law, then the physical laws don't apply either! Jesus walked on water as a man. Jesus raised the dead as a man. Jesus healed the sick as a man. Smith Wigglesworth raised his own wife from the dead! (He paid dearly for that later by his Mrs.! :sneaky: ) Now if the greatest law to mortals is death, and death can be circumvented, everything else can too. There's a law we all know well, "What goes up must come down." Is it 100% true? Nope, Enoch, Elijah and Jesus only went up... :whistle:

When things don't work out, it's a copout to say "It must be God's will." God's will is to give whatsoever we ask in the Name of Jesus, , ! We must only first seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, . So when things don't work, we need to examine ourselves. Seek the Kingdom first, seek His righteousness, find hidden sin, find disbelief, defeat the flesh, and have faith, then ALL these things will be added - a promise! Faith is the currency of heaven. We are the problem, not God. We dance around our flesh to protect it, invent theology to shield our failures and blame God as it being His will. At least the apostles went to Jesus to find out why they couldn't overcome something. The word of God says it is His will that we should ask anything in His Name it shall be done - a promise! , . If we ask and still nothing, then why are we asking? We also must examine our motives, . If God is not the problem, what is? Us and following His protocol.

I hope this helps you dear brother, I know it has me!

Abdicate, my Awesome Friend. Wow, you just blew my spiritual mind and have encouraged me beyond expectation. I love to hear about spiritual dream experiences from people of whom I highly respect as you are. As a hardened Fundamental Independent Baptist pastor/teacher I used to say that people who had dreams like yours probably had pizza before going to bed. LOL! Boy has our Lord changed me from darkness to light.

I'm glad that you focused on this, "Jesus' prayer was fulfilled when we get saved. We have a spiritual body as well which far too many know nothing about." I as well as others, would like to more information from you about our spiritual body. I have studied and pondered Romans seven and eight. Walking is a flesh/spiritual lifestyle vs the Chapter eight walking in the Spirit.

What do you see as the mechanics, if you will, as actually living in the Spirit. You are on to something very important for all believers, and all Churches. I know a lot of answers to this question but I believe there is a mystery that needs to come to the light. Thanks friend, I Love you!

Abdicate, my Awesome Friend. Wow, you just blew my spiritual mind and have encouraged me beyond expectation. I love to hear about spiritual dream experiences from people of whom I highly respect as you are. As a hardened Fundamental Independent Baptist pastor/teacher I used to say that people who had dreams like yours probably had pizza before going to bed. LOL! Boy has our Lord changed me from darkness to light.

I'm glad that you focused on this, "Jesus' prayer was fulfilled when we get saved. We have a spiritual body as well which far too many know nothing about." I as well as others, would like to more information from you about our spiritual body. I have studied and pondered Romans seven and eight. Walking is a flesh/spiritual lifestyle vs the Chapter eight walking in the Spirit.

What do you see as the mechanics, if you will, as actually living in the Spirit. You are on to something very important for all believers, and all Churches. I know a lot of answers to this question but I believe there is a mystery that needs to come to the light. Thanks friend, I Love you!
Awww, thanks for the great complement. God gave me the idea, so I thank Him for using me :D

I am learning this myself. Walking in the Spirit first comes by listening. When we pray or type a note or sleep or fill-in-the-blank, we need to be aware of God's presence. This is praying without ceasing. When we are listening, then we can stop in mid-stance and say "yes Lord, here am I" when He calls. It's all about being sensitive to Him. He will call at the most inopportune times to see if you're serious about our walk with Him. What comes first, Him or a game or dinner or... "Seek ye first..." This is why the devil has the rebellious world keeping everyone so busy by inventing new ways to keep from having down time so we don't take the time to stop and listen. The story of Elijah is our example. God wasn't in the earthquake, nor in the fire, nor in the wind, but in a still small voice. Listening for God is like listening for that whisper at a state fair. But when we're sensitive, we can hear Him though we can't hear ourselves think.

When we learn to hear, then we need to learn to obey just like Jesus did, Hebrews 5:8. We have to understand that though Jesus completed the course, it's up to us to literally follow in His foot steps. He lived by the promptings of the Holy Spirit, not as God. He took off that mantel and put on mortality and chose to live as we do, but He showed us a better way. A way that isn't confined to the laws of this world, but for the glory of the Father. We have the Kingdom of Heaven here on earth to move as the Spirit wills. To do as the Spirit prompts us. By Him we also have the authority and power to perform. But to do that we have to learn to listen and obey unquestionably. Think of it like this: if someone wanting to prove God prays "God if you're real, have someone yell out 'Praise Jesus'." At that moment in the middle of a crowded supermarket you get a prompting to "Praise Jesus" out loud. What'cha gonna do? Save your pride or serve the Lord? He will make you do things that seem really REALLY dumb, but they all serve a purpose.

The more obedient, the more responsibility because He can trust you with more. That's where the prosperity group have missed the mark. Indeed God will provide for all my needs, and God will even bless you with a want now and again, but it's not a lustful demanding right; they're a gift. While a parent will still provide for a rebellious child, would that parent indulge that rebellion with a new car? A righteous child calls for blessings from the parents through actions not words, and unknown to the child, the parent is eager to bless the child lavishly. As I've said before, it's all about relationship with God. That is why I chose my nickname Abdicate; to surrender my rights, my throne, to the Father. I chose it to remind ME to do just that, surrender. Bad guys surrender to the cops, but the righteous surrender to the Lord.

Lastly, how can you tell what to do. Through peace. Let's say you have a choice, right, left, or center. You ponder right and ask the Lord. If you don't have peace, that's not the right choice, even if our flesh wants it. So you obediently ponder left and ask the Lord. Again if you don't have peace, that too is not the right choice. So you again obediently ponder center and ask the Lord. This time you have peace; that's the correct choice. There are two exceptions, as all generalizations do, what if you didn't get peace for any choices; then you wait. The other is when you have peace for them all; then God is saying "I'll bless you either way you choose." He wants to see if you are in sync enough with Him to choose what He would. Sometimes it really doesn't matter. I have three kids and we had been working on potty training the oldest. I was watching them play together and my oldest got up from playing, walked to the bathroom, used the toilet, washed his hands, and returned to playing. Now to someone without kids this may seem to be ridiculous, but I was so elated and filled with pride for my son. We never once made eye contact, he did it all on his own. He conformed to my wishes so that his wishes were now in sync with mine. That's what the Father wants from us. My son did what he did not to please me, but to please himself (relieve his bladder) but he did it correctly and not just selfishly in his shorts, and he washed his hands! 100% obedience, not 90%. What an example the Spirit taught me a that moment what it is to walk in the Spirit.

Finally (you know there's always more than one), if you're not at peace, how can you know something isn't right? Women are very sensitive to the Spirit because God gave them stronger instincts than men so as to protect their offspring. The world calls it "Maternal Bonding" and they try to explain away the Holy Spirit. The word of God is written on our hearts, even the unsaved. Most people are taught to use the 5 senses, but just like the woman at the well who had five husbands, the one she lived with wasn't her husband - the Spirit. We need to wed ourselves to the Spirit and give Him preeminence in our lives even over our 5 senses. Even the world unknowingly calls Him the 6th Sense. Give God the credit for all things natural too. So if we don't take the time to pray and meditate on His word, however are we to be at peace when trials come, and they will come, because they come to pass. They don't come to stay! :D

I pray this helps. I have to remind myself too of these things. ;)

Awww, thanks for the great complement. God gave me the idea, so I thank Him for using me :D

I am learning this myself. Walking in the Spirit first comes by listening. When we pray or type a note or sleep or fill-in-the-blank, we need to be aware of God's presence. This is praying without ceasing. When we are listening, then we can stop in mid-stance and say "yes Lord, here am I" when He calls. It's all about being sensitive to Him. He will call at the most inopportune times to see if you're serious about our walk with Him. What comes first, Him or a game or dinner or... "Seek ye first..." This is why the devil has the rebellious world keeping everyone so busy by inventing new ways to keep from having down time so we don't take the time to stop and listen. The story of Elijah is our example. God wasn't in the earthquake, nor in the fire, nor in the wind, but in a still small voice. Listening for God is like listening for that whisper at a state fair. But when we're sensitive, we can hear Him though we can't hear ourselves think.

When we learn to hear, then we need to learn to obey just like Jesus did, Hebrews 5:8. We have to understand that though Jesus completed the course, it's up to us to literally follow in His foot steps. He lived by the promptings of the Holy Spirit, not as God. He took off that mantel and put on mortality and chose to live as we do, but He showed us a better way. A way that isn't confined to the laws of this world, but for the glory of the Father. We have the Kingdom of Heaven here on earth to move as the Spirit wills. To do as the Spirit prompts us. By Him we also have the authority and power to perform. But to do that we have to learn to listen and obey unquestionably. Think of it like this: if someone wanting to prove God prays "God if you're real, have someone yell out 'Praise Jesus'." At that moment in the middle of a crowded supermarket you get a prompting to "Praise Jesus" out loud. What'cha gonna do? Save your pride or serve the Lord? He will make you do things that seem really REALLY dumb, but they all serve a purpose.

The more obedient, the more responsibility because He can trust you with more. That's where the prosperity group have missed the mark. Indeed God will provide for all my needs, and God will even bless you with a want now and again, but it's not a lustful demanding right; they're a gift. While a parent will still provide for a rebellious child, would that parent indulge that rebellion with a new car? A righteous child calls for blessings from the parents through actions not words, and unknown to the child, the parent is eager to bless the child lavishly. As I've said before, it's all about relationship with God. That is why I chose my nickname Abdicate; to surrender my rights, my throne, to the Father. I chose it to remind ME to do just that, surrender. Bad guys surrender to the cops, but the righteous surrender to the Lord.

Lastly, how can you tell what to do. Through peace. Let's say you have a choice, right, left, or center. You ponder right and ask the Lord. If you don't have peace, that's not the right choice, even if our flesh wants it. So you obediently ponder left and ask the Lord. Again if you don't have peace, that too is not the right choice. So you again obediently ponder center and ask the Lord. This time you have peace; that's the correct choice. There are two exceptions, as all generalizations do, what if you didn't get peace for any choices; then you wait. The other is when you have peace for them all; then God is saying "I'll bless you either way you choose." He wants to see if you are in sync enough with Him to choose what He would. Sometimes it really doesn't matter. I have three kids and we had been working on potty training the oldest. I was watching them play together and my oldest got up from playing, walked to the bathroom, used the toilet, washed his hands, and returned to playing. Now to someone without kids this may seem to be ridiculous, but I was so elated and filled with pride for my son. We never once made eye contact, he did it all on his own. He conformed to my wishes so that his wishes were now in sync with mine. That's what the Father wants from us. My son did what he did not to please me, but to please himself (relieve his bladder) but he did it correctly and not just selfishly in his shorts, and he washed his hands! 100% obedience, not 90%. What an example the Spirit taught me a that moment what it is to walk in the Spirit.

Finally (you know there's always more than one), if you're not at peace, how can you know something isn't right? Women are very sensitive to the Spirit because God gave them stronger instincts than men so as to protect their offspring. The world calls it "Maternal Bonding" and they try to explain away the Holy Spirit. The word of God is written on our hearts, even the unsaved. Most people are taught to use the 5 senses, but just like the woman at the well who had five husbands, the one she lived with wasn't her husband - the Spirit. We need to wed ourselves to the Spirit and give Him preeminence in our lives even over our 5 senses. Even the world unknowingly calls Him the 6th Sense. Give God the credit for all things natural too. So if we don't take the time to pray and meditate on His word, however are we to be at peace when trials come, and they will come, because they come to pass. They don't come to stay! :D

Oh my, your instruction is so very important. I'm thinking of starting a new thread on "The Advantages Of Living In The Spirit Of God". I would like to lead off with your instructions from this post. Can I have your permission to do this? I believe that the Holy Spirit will lead those who desperately need to learn from what God has revealed to your spirit/heart.

@Abdicate,
My Brother and My Friend How can I say thank you enough for this !?!
We need to talk more !! ;)
Blessings and Love
Jim

Dear Fish Catcher Jim,

I really appreciated your greeting me when I came into the Forum. You, Cturtle, and Abdicate (and the others) have treated me very well. Jesus said, 'they will know you are my disciples if you have love among yourselves.' I sense a real love here!

Dear Fish Catcher Jim,

I really appreciated your greeting me when I came into the Forum. You, Cturtle, and Abdicate (and the others) have treated me very well. Jesus said, 'they will know you are my disciples if you have love among yourselves.' I sense a real love here!

No Problem Penion for it is Just the Love of God in us all.
God Bless You
Jim

Wow brother Abdicate! What a tidal wave of inspiration! At times reading this I thought I was reading a current letter from the Apostle Paul. Great stuff, and blessings on you and your family.

I would like to thank my friend @Chopper for showing me this scripture in another thread. It fits right in with this one.
John 15:7
7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Jesus repeats similar references in John 14:13-14; 15:16; and 16:23-24

I would like to thank my friend @Chopper for showing me this scripture in another thread. It fits right in with this one.
7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

You're welcome my very good friend. I'm honored that you call me friend.

Wow brother Abdicate! What a tidal wave of inspiration! At times reading this I thought I was reading a current letter from the Apostle Paul. Great stuff, and blessings on you and your family.
I'm so blown away! I'm so very pleased that the Lord would give me the words that would help you in such a blessed way. I praise God for His inspirations. Glory to God in the Highest!!! Grace to you Moose and thank you for the over-the-top blessing! Thank you! To God be the glory!

I'm so blown away! I'm so very pleased that the Lord would give me the words that would help you in such a blessed way. I praise God for His inspirations. Glory to God in the Highest!!! Grace to you Moose and thank you for the over-the-top blessing! Thank you! To God be the glory!

What love and inspiration I receive from you guys! May God be glorified in the Highest!

Big Moose,
This thread is about "effectual prayers." James talks about "effectual fervent prayers." Fervent means with an urgency. Do you agree with this?

Big Moose,
This thread is about "effectual prayers." James talks about "effectual fervent prayers." Fervent means with an urgency. Do you agree with this?
Hi brother Penion. You are asking about James 5:
16 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
I don't know if fervent is as much urgency as it is full of passion or intensity. I think of it as "not giving up".
This reminds me of Jesus' parable of the persistent widow.

1 Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, 2 saying: “There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man. 3 Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, ‘Get justice for me from my adversary.’ 4 And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, ‘Though I do not fear God nor regard man, 5 yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.’”
6 Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said. 7 And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? 8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”

I always had trouble with this parable. Was Jesus just saying don't give up praying just because God doesn't take action on it right away? Seems so with the "cry out day and night" and the starting out with "don't lose heart".
It seems we need patient praying with faith and passion.

The James passage is fixed in context with healing mixed with being truthful. Let your "yes" be yes and your "no" be no, and also confess your trespasses to each other. Honesty is something we need to include for effectual prayer.
Verse 15 - And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
Speaking of saving the sick, we have to be careful not to blame sickness on sin in every circumstance. Here we see "And IF he has committed sins...", the sickness may not be the result of sin.

Effectual prayer is an honest, passionate and faithful prayer, baring your soul to God and your brothers in Christ. How will they know what to pray for if they are unaware of the need?
Penion, thank you for the nudge to look into this. I needed it.

Back