Suprising

This might be old news but has anyone heard about that guy from the 700 club saying the world was here before the bible said it was

It was a YouTube video it was pat Robertson and i dont know if he was denying God or if he was saying hrs didn't trust the translated bible or what but search even pat Robertson denies the bible and it should give you the exact video

I watched some of the videos you guys showed me on faith building and they helped and they led to some that didn't really scare me just raised some questions their was one where four or five people had nde's (near death experiences) and some where people that i think didn't believe in God but where welcomed into heaven but given the choice to come back or where showed what their suppose to do and sent back and one was a drug addict over dosed died went to hell and cried out for help and Jesus took him out of hell and sent him back.#1how can someone who doesn't believe be welcomed in it says they won't and even if they do but lead bad lives it says they won't and the bible also says that those in hell will call out but won't be heard so if these few are saved why not everyone who goes to hell sees what they have done and believes and cries out

I mean i know that people lie but they just always gave me more hope when i was having my doubts i would pray and pray ask for help and read my bible and when i would see these it was just a little extra peace because i was thinking ok they where right there they died and that's what they saw so it has to be i believe and im reading my bible and praying and i know that God has to be there we didn't just come out of nothing but im just having alot of trouble right now the thought has been like a virus that after i die its going to be nothing and im going to end im just so scared

bigman,

Like Rusty said, don't trust people's claims, the only One we can trust is Jesus, please don't take offense, I offer this as brotherly advice, ...you need to stay away from this kind of weirdness and you need to be plugged in to a God honoring, Bible believing, Bible teaching church, you need them and they need you(you might not believe this at this point in your walk with the Lord, but you are a part of the Body of Christ and there is a church somewhere that needs the gifts and talents the Lord has given you), ...when I was first saved I started to realize that my church was wrong on more things than they were right, I prayed for the Lord to put me in the church where He wanted me to be, He moved me to another State, into the church He had chosen for me, there I learned grace and the love of Christ exhibited by the brothers and sisters.

Now, from my own experience, I OD'ed on acid back in the sixties, I was raised in a cult that didn't believe in Hell, but I knew that if I died I would go to Hell, all I can say is the Holy Spirit must of been overriding the effects of the drug and "enlightening" me, as I was falling to the ground I cried out the only thing I knew about God, they called Him Father, "Oh Father," I was instantaneously straight, there isn't a hospital or medicine in the world that can do that, I "knew" I had been kept from dying by God, however, regrettably, it was 18 years later before I received His Son as my Savior and Lord. So I guess you could say I had a near death experience, but it didn't cause me to seek or turn to the Lord, au contraire, I dove deeper into the depths of debauchery and sin, finally the wages of my sin kicked in and I went crazy, a friend gave me his Bible and I found that reading the words printed in red would comfort and bring some form of sanity into my spirit, I didn't take the drugs the mental hospital gave me, but just kept reading those words in red, over and over and over, finally after 18 months the declared me "healed," I started attending a church and then was born again. PTL

So, you see, my faith came from hearing God and hearing Him came from reading His Word, so bro, find a church and get into the Word, ...He who keeps us never slumbers or sleeps and He who started a good work in us will finish it.

Lord bless,

Gene

Whoa, bigman, slow down,

Father, in the name of Jesus I lift bigman before Your throne of grace where he can find mercy and help in this time of need, give to him Your peace, please open his heart so that Your Word will sink deep into his soul and comfort and reassure him

bigman,

Like Rusty said, don't trust people's claims, the only One we can trust is Jesus, please don't take offense, I offer this as brotherly advice, ...you need to stay away from this kind of weirdness and you need to be plugged in to a God honoring, Bible believing, Bible teaching church, you need them and they need you(you might not believe this at this point in your walk with the Lord, but you are a part of the Body of Christ and there is a church somewhere that needs the gifts and talents the Lord has given you), ...when I was first saved I started to realize that my church was wrong on more things than they were right, I prayed for the Lord to put me in the church where He wanted me to be, He moved me to another State, into the church He had chosen for me, there I learned grace and the love of Christ exhibited by the brothers and sisters.

Now, from my own experience, I OD'ed on acid back in the sixties, I was raised in a cult that didn't believe in Hell, but I knew that if I died I would go to Hell, all I can say is the Holy Spirit must of been overriding the effects of the drug and "enlightening" me, as I was falling to the ground I cried out the only thing I knew about God, they called Him Father, "Oh Father," I was instantaneously straight, there isn't a hospital or medicine in the world that can do that, I "knew" I had been kept from dying by God, however, regrettably, it was 18 years later before I received His Son as my Savior and Lord. So I guess you could say I had a near death experience, but it didn't cause me to seek or turn to the Lord, au contraire, I dove deeper into the depths of debauchery and sin, finally the wages of my sin kicked in and I went crazy, a friend gave me his Bible and I found that reading the words printed in red would comfort and bring some form of sanity into my spirit, I didn't take the drugs the mental hospital gave me, but just kept reading those words in red, over and over and over, finally after 18 months the declared me "healed," I started attending a church and then was born again. PTL

So, you see, my faith came from hearing God and hearing Him came from reading His Word, so bro, find a church and get into the Word, ...He who keeps us never slumbers or sleeps and He who started a good work in us will finish it.

Lord bless,

Gene
Thank you i want to live without fear I've just become so overwhelmed with self awareness that i constantly worry and wonder what will it be like what will happen what about this and that and i keep questioning everything and i just start panicing which leads to worse thoughts and while I've been getting better i still can barely sleep i don't eat and i still have trouble motivating myself to do anything even showing love to my girlfriend who i love so much but im just so messed up i can't even love her and i know you all are probly sick of me and tired of giving me advice and i still say all of these things but your honestly helping me im just in a bad place

Self awareness is a damnable lie from the pit, forget that and concentrate on Jesus.

Ya got a red letter edition of the Bible, ...I'm living proof that the words of Jesus can heal you from all anxiety and depression.

We can give you advice, but it's up yo you to stop spinning the wheels and start trusting Him and what He has said, we can feed you, but you have to appropriate it into your own life, slow down, settle down, take a deep breath, you wouldn't be here posting on a Christian Forum if the Lord wasn't working in your life.

Now, repeat after me, John 3:16, but make it personal for you,

For God so loved BIGMAN that He gave him His only begotten Son, so that when BIGMAN believed in/on Him he wouldn't perish, but would have eternal life.

Repeat that until it's a part of the fabric of your soul and spirit, that's what we mean when we say appropriate it into your life, it becomes a part of who we are.

Gene

bigman,
I believe Pat Robertson is one of those that holds to the Gap Theory. I'll not go into that here but it is found in to many places on the WWW any way.
That is how he can make that claim.

could you guys take a look at this guy and tell me what you think i watched a bunch of his videos when i first started studying and he seems to be a generally devoted Christian some of his ideas seem less strict but he also seems pretty knowledgeable just watch a few of his videos if you want and get back to me

could you guys take a look at this guy and tell me what you think i watched a bunch of his videos when i first started studying and he seems to be a generally devoted Christian some of his ideas seem less strict but he also seems pretty knowledgeable just watch a few of his videos if you want and get back to me
He makes a point here and a point there but just as he speaks of context so must his point be considered. He blew the validity of his point as soon as he went to the blood in meat and spoke of the residual that does not drain from the carcass. what I see here is a young man that has begun a journey that is, just as all of us do, in the beginning, jumps ahead of his instructor and arrives at the wrong conclusions. there is a great deal about this matter to be learned from the rest of scripture and from the ancient history accounts and the archaeological digs. In the scriptures, God has forbidden the feasting on blood because of the truth that there is life in the blood. From a practical point of view, the people of Canaan were STD laden heathens that transmitted these diseases to their livestock, their children as well as to one another.

So, the case for irrelevance is easily made here with nothing more than an appeal to your common sense and .with the young, this works. But if we go back to our scriptures and look at Proverbs we see that God, like Solomon, wants His children to exercise wisdom. Problem is that wisdom is gained from experience and experience is gained from living and that takes age. Therein lives the reason for the elders, like myself to teach the young, like this youngster. i.e. When I was raised, here in Texas, I carried a .45 caliber pistol and was taught by both my dad and my granddad to never upholster my piece except to kill. And if I was carrying a shotgun or a rifle, I was to keep them on safe with the barrel pointed to the ground until I acquired a target with a completely clear and highly visible firing path. In the War Games, in Europe, it was very hard for me to hold my piece at ready with the safety off in the presence of the other Army. But it only took one man dead for me to begin the change that.

My point is that there is a natural growth that must never be allowed to begin. I see this youngster maturing one day and regretting his ink as much as I do mine. If you were to see the Tats on my son, who sought to become just like his dad, you would be gut stricken with the lesson I speak of. I would give it another twenty or so years before I tried to learn from this one.

Ok thank you that makes alot of sense he seems devoted but like you said I did notice some holes
I have answered you while trying to be careful not to pump myself up. The most common mistake made when exercising the judgment we are called on to exercise in Matt. 7:1-6 is to either go to the extreme we are not allowed or to move in the World's desired direction and to exercise no judgment. I promise you that if you follow Jesus and thread this needle you will be condemned by both of the extremes. If this post is on top long enough I will be condemned for having the nerve to violate Matt. 7:1 by both sides because it is a disease today and people do not ever want to read anything in it's context.

God bless.

This might be old news but has anyone heard about that guy from the 700 club saying the world was here before the bible said it was

This is NOT new. Many people believe in the gap theory. There are Old Earth Creationists and Young Earth Creationists.
One of my first posts on CFS was about Genesis, HERE

Back