Tattoo First Timer Yet?

Well the article relates the Cross of Christ to a pagan symbol..folks who wear the cross in general are relating it the Lord and His Cross, so to make that connection is a leap of logic based upon religious fear. And Romans 14 is related to the bringing into the faith new and weak believers. I would say that in our ministry to the world, that to make tattoos a sin, would be a transgression of the intention of this passage. Romans 14 relates to those who should be taught while Galatians relates to those who are trying to teach false and legalistic doctrine. Big difference between allowing for the weakness in others and trying to teach legalistic doctrines that defeat the liberty we have in Christ![/QUOTE]
The article was short but the specific part of it that I thought was relevant to his topic on tattoos was what the article said towards the end, "During His New Testament ministry, Jesus taught His followers to display their spirituality through their actions and deeds (Matthew:5:16). Under the New Covenant, ushered in by Christ, God's laws are to be written on our hearts—that is, in our minds (Hebrews:8:10; 10:16). People who truly practice the Christianity of the Bible stand out as beacons of light in a spiritually darkened society because of the way they live. They have no need to wear external signs".

Well the article relates the Cross of Christ to a pagan symbol..folks who wear the cross in general are relating it the Lord and His Cross, so to make that connection is a leap of logic based upon religious fear. And Romans 14 is related to the bringing into the faith new and weak believers. I would say that in our ministry to the world, that to make tattoos a sin, would be a transgression of the intention of this passage. Romans 14 relates to those who should be taught while Galatians relates to those who are trying to teach false and legalistic doctrine. Big difference between allowing for the weakness in others and trying to teach legalistic doctrines that defeat the liberty we have in Christ!
The article was short but the specific part of it that I thought was relevant to his topic on tattoos was what the article said towards the end, "During His New Testament ministry, Jesus taught His followers to display their spirituality through their actions and deeds (Matthew:5:16). Under the New Covenant, ushered in by Christ, God's laws are to be written on our hearts—that is, in our minds (Hebrews:8:10; 10:16). People who truly practice the Christianity of the Bible stand out as beacons of light in a spiritually darkened society because of the way they live. They have no need to wear external signs".[/QUOTE]
Well, I agree that Christianity is a religion of life and love that comes from the heart, it is not a outward religion of symbols and such. Its not a religion of stain glass windows either, but God accepts folks in their error if the intention of their heart is correct?

I see no need to spend all your money on tattoos in the bible. They are marks of a slave, not a servant. Faith that is proud and only skin deep isnt really faith at all.

Jesus nail scarred hands and feet are enough.
Im very sorry you feel you HAVE to do this and got sucked into thinking its a good thing.
I had an workmate, who is dead now, who had tatts all over his body. They are addictive I think, he opened up a tattoo business and actually popularised it throughout the UK. White people started getting them cos they thought it looked cool, and wanted to emulate pirates, theives, criminals and gangsters who had them. It wasnt a cultural based thing like maoris or samoans who have this ceremony or ritual when they get to manhood. It was purely to make money.

Now it will be very easy for gullible christians to take the mark of the beast if they think it would make a good tattoo.

Your life is hidden in christ. So..if you openly have symbols, you become a target for persecution.
If you have occult symbols on your body, that opens the doorway to demons. Some ppl think that christians symbols are ok, but most demons recognise ones as theirs, esp gothic or celtic ones.

I have seen many mispelled tattoos. That make a mockery of that persons faith. Be very careful about this, and heed what God told the israelites as he wanted them to be a holy people. Doing the opposite and thinking this will make you MORE holy, is crazy IMHO.

Back