The "Are you a good person" quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said it was hate speech. I merely suggest you can be a little more polite.
I'm not a fool, I've seen the way you try to manipulate a situation to make it seem like everyone is so evil who disagrees with you and that you are Mr. perfect and are somehow justified for your own hate which you love to conceal but still shines like a bright light. I'll continue to state my opinion because it is my right as a human being.

@Godspell peacelikeariver has pointed out to me that I was impolite when I was talking to you, if I have belittled you in any ways throughout my posts I sincerely apologize because it was not my intention. I am only speaking what is on my mind in my posts which I believe is my right as a human being. I never have intended to attack you as a person and am again sincerely sorry if I had come off that way. I like to have civility in my conversations while also expressing what I believe. I don't think meaningful conversation can come if a person is too afraid to say what they are thinking. With that being said, @PeaceLikeaRiver , I don't appreciate you trying to nitpick what someone says who disagrees with your beliefs in order to create a facade that they are hateful individuals so that you can invalidate what they say and make them appear incompetent in order to promote your own beliefs. It is de-humanizing and messed up to say the least.

@PeaceLikeaRiver , I don't appreciate you trying to nitpick what someone says who disagrees with your beliefs in order to create a facade that they are hateful individuals so that you can invalidate what they say and make them appear incompetent in order to promote your own beliefs. It is de-humanizing and messed up to say the least.
I have not the foggiest idea what you are talking about. I did no such thing.

@Godspell peacelikeariver has pointed out to me that I was impolite when I was talking to you, if I have belittled you in any ways throughout my posts I sincerely apologize because it was not my intention. I am only speaking what is on my mind in my posts which I believe is my right as a human being. I never have intended to attack you as a person and am again sincerely sorry if I had come off that way. I like to have civility in my conversations while also expressing what I believe. I don't think meaningful conversation can come if a person is too afraid to say what they are thinking. With that being said, @PeaceLikeaRiver , I don't appreciate you trying to nitpick what someone says who disagrees with your beliefs in order to create a facade that they are hateful individuals so that you can invalidate what they say and make them appear incompetent in order to promote your own beliefs. It is de-humanizing and messed up to say the least.

Its alright. Some discussions on this forum degenerate rather quickly due to some misunderstandings. Now, I am an ecumenicist so for me I truly believe most Christian doctrine can be reconciled by humility and mutual understanding. I like civility as well and I'm fine with anyone speaking their mind. PLR has had confrontation with a few posters in the past who have been banned because they were truly arrogant and insulting to others beliefs. As I said giving you insight is 100% OK, just always accept your knowledge is not complete and be willing to learn from others.

PLR is a good guy, he just has some insights on certain topics that are unpopular with our more conservative friends. Posters have usually responded to that with hostility rather than humility, so he understandably feels a bit defensive.

I think by us treating each other with love and respect we can break through this distrust that the evangelicals have with the mainliners and catholics. We're all on the same page for the most part and I think both sides would do well to remember that.

I'm not a fool, I've seen the way you try to manipulate a situation to make it seem like everyone is so evil who disagrees with you and that you are Mr. perfect and are somehow justified for your own hate which you love to conceal but still shines like a bright light. I'll continue to state my opinion because it is my right as a human being.
You know, if I'd posted something one tenth as harsh as what you've just said here, they would ban me.

I don't hate. I actively combat hate. And you don't like it.

You know, if I'd posted something one tenth as harsh as what you've just said here, they would ban me.

I don't hate. I actively combat hate. And you don't like it.

You have to try and see that just as Ray is on one extreme, what you often suggest is ....on the other side. The answer is in the center. The answer is sane. The answer is logical.

and if I had to be dead honest.....give me Ray over liberal Christians any-day!

You have to try and see that just as Ray is on one extreme, what you often suggest is ....on the other side. The answer is in the center. The answer is sane. The answer is logical.

and if I had to be dead honest.....give me Ray over liberal Christians any-day!
I never actively promote one "side" over the other though, merely show that there ARE two sides. My experience here is that one side is often completely dismissed or swept under the rug, even though it might be the belief or action of the majority of Christians in the world.

Its alright. Some discussions on this forum degenerate rather quickly due to some misunderstandings. Now, I am an ecumenicist so for me I truly believe most Christian doctrine can be reconciled by humility and mutual understanding. I like civility as well and I'm fine with anyone speaking their mind. PLR has had confrontation with a few posters in the past who have been banned because they were truly arrogant and insulting to others beliefs. As I said giving you insight is 100% OK, just always accept your knowledge is not complete and be willing to learn from others.

PLR is a good guy, he just has some insights on certain topics that are unpopular with our more conservative friends. Posters have usually responded to that with hostility rather than humility, so he understandably feels a bit defensive.

I think by us treating each other with love and respect we can break through this distrust that the evangelicals have with the mainliners and catholics. We're all on the same page for the most part and I think both sides would do well to remember that.

My dear brother, do you find that what you just said should be a two way street?

When you say......."just always accept your knowledge is not complete and be willing to learn from others":

does that mean it works both ways?

I never actively promote one "side" over the other though, merely show that there ARE two sides. My experience here is that one side is often completely dismissed or swept under the rug, even though it might be the belief or action of the majority of Christians in the world.

Yes sir, sad but true. I have witnessed that as well.

What is it then that places a man in hell?

Continuing in sin unrepentant. Not wanting forgiveness from / reconciliation with God / Jesus.

Adam and Eve never went to hell after they sinned. We have to see this as / believe they were given a chance at repentance. One mortal or venial sin does not equal hatred for God / love of darkness. People go to hell because they love darkness / sin.

As John 3:19 says ''This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.''

God hates sin. God loves us. If we hate sin and love others, we have a heart after God's, like David.

I better stop there, I could speak on it all day :whistle:.

Last edited:
I think the essence of my reason for starting this thread is basically this: If you are reaching out for people to become Christians, I don't think it's going to be very effective if you have them take a "quiz" which isn't really a quiz at all, but a blanket condemnation masquerading as a quiz. If you walked up to an unbeliever in the street and told them they were a liar, a murderer, a thief and an adulterer, they would have two words for you (and they wouldn't be "happy birthday"). They would feel tricked by that quiz and ultimately judged by someone who doesn't know them.

That is NO WAY to bring people on board with Christianity. It appeals to guilt, blame, shame and negativity. And worse than that, it doesn't work, and serves only to push people AWAY from Christianity.

I think the essence of my reason for starting this thread is basically this: If you are reaching out for people to become Christians, I don't think it's going to be very effective if you have them take a "quiz" which isn't really a quiz at all, but a blanket condemnation masquerading as a quiz. If you walked up to an unbeliever in the street and told them they were a liar, a murderer, a thief and an adulterer, they would have two words for you (and they wouldn't be "happy birthday"). They would feel tricked by that quiz and ultimately judged by someone who doesn't know them.

That is NO WAY to bring people on board with Christianity. It appeals to guilt, blame, shame and negativity. And worse than that, it doesn't work, and serves only to push people AWAY from Christianity.

That blanket condemnation clearly / sarcastically includes Ray and whoever preaches like this though. So its not really that rude and arrogant. I see it as an innovative attempt to start a discussion. We all need to repent and Ray makes that crystal clear. The only issue with the OP questionnaire was that the conclusion is having sin, gets us into hell. Jesus is not a bath we need to take. Jesus is someone we love over 'loving' sin.

I would say it does work on many. My judgment is that some of us are being too harsh on him ;).

Continuing in sin unrepentant. Not wanting forgiveness from / reconciliation with God / Jesus.

Adam and Eve never went to hell after they sinned. We have to see this as / believe they were given a chance at repentance. One mortal or venial sin does not equal hatred for God / love of darkness. People go to hell because they love darkness / sin.

As John 3:19 says ''This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.''

God hates sin. God loves us. If we hate sin and love others, we have a heart after God's, like David.

I better stop there, I could speak on it all day :whistle:.

King....you said......"People go to hell because they love darkness / sin."

Wouldn't the sin of "un-belief" come in here somewhere???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back