The Bible Speaks Of Only One Way To Eternal Salvation

Bro.tan

Inactive
Over the years many have taught various ways to receive everlasting life. No wonder the world is full of so many denominations. All of these different doctrines, seemingly coming from the bible, tend only to confuse people. Most people don't know what to believe and simply choose not to attend any church. Nevertheless, the bible speaks of only one way to get eternal salvation. "One Lord, one faith, one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5). The next time someone asks you what faith you are, tell them there's only one faith. The road to eternal salvation starts with knowledge of the Holy Scriptures. God doesn't want us to memorize two or three verses, but instead he left the entire bible, from Genesis to Revelation, so we can learn how to get salvation. If we learn it, believe it and obey it (the bible), salvation will be our reward. Paul said in Romans 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. Before you can start any task you must first know about it and without the key of knowledge we are lost. "...thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make the wise unto salvation..." (II Timothy 4:15). However, with all the various doctrines (teachings) it's hard to know which road to take. Many claim that it really doesn't matter saying, "you serve God your way and I'll serve God my way." Since the Lord is the author of eternal salvation we can only obtain it by serving him his way (Hebrews 5:9). Some choose to rely on the wisdom of their pastor by putting his word above God's word. Nevertheless, in judgment each one of us will give account for our own salvation. Therefore, we must not let anyone lead us down the wrong path, but should verify all of our teaching with the holy bible. YOUR SALVATION IS AT STAKE! "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12). Jesus warned us that the road to salvation is straight and narrow and that only a few of us will find it. Many are traveling down the wrong road, which leads to destruction. This is because many of us have heard about salvation but few of us want to do what is necessary to get salvation (many are called but few are chosen). Many contend that Jesus did it all and now all we have to do is have faith. The bible says, we must not only be a hearer of the word, but a doer of the word also (James 1:21-22). DON'T FOOL YOURSELF! If we really have faith in Jesus our actions will prove it. If Jesus is our Lord then we will obey him. Even a child will obey a parent, by getting good grades in school, for the reward of a new bicycle. The child cannot earn money for the bicycle, but instead must act upon their faith to receive the free gift. We must do the same to receive eternal life. "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD"(James 2:20).

Some say you must obey God's word, but then they turn around and teach contrary to God's word. At best they never get around to explaining exactly what kind of works are needed to get eternal life. In James (2: 17) its written...Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. The bible has been telling you all alone that you must have fruits to prove your faith. (v.18) Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. True faith goes hand in hand with good works. (v.20) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Did you know that? Has anybody ever read this verse to you? How can you, after reading this verse ever say again that we need not work? You can have all the faith you want, but if you have no works to go along with that faith, that faith is in vain, that faith is dead. A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, "... KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS" (Matthew 19:16-19).

This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).
True saints realize that God's law must be obeyed to receive eternal life

This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).
True saints realize that God's law must be obeyed to receive eternal life

So, what your saying is that the OSAS (once saved always saved) Doctrine might not be the best thing to hang a hat on?

If one does and continues to sin, then he or she will never enter the kingdom of God.

I agree...because Paul said in (1Cor. 9:24-27) (v.24) Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. (v.25) And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown: but we an incorruptible. Paul says that when people run in a race every body is running for a prize. But this prize that he is referring to is eternal life, that’s what he means by an incorruptible, he’s talking about an incorruptible body, a heavenly body. (v.26) I therefore so run, not as uncertainly, so fight, not as one that beateth the air: (v.27) But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. You see Paul knew exactly what was going on that why he says he has to bring his body under subjection. Under subjection to what? To God’s Law, Paul knew that if he didn’t continue to keep Gods law (commandments) that even after he had preached to many that he himself could still become a castaway.

So, what your saying is that the OSAS (once saved always saved) Doctrine might not be the best thing to hang a hat on?

Just as a person freely accepted Jesus in their life they can also freely choose to stop serving him. Jesus said with his own mouth; (Matt. 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord.

Just as a person freely accepted Jesus in their life they can also freely choose to stop serving him. Jesus said with his own mouth; (Matt. 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord.

Good deal, I got it. Thank you for breaking it all down.

Why does the bible seem to teach that the law has been done away with, if we must still keep the commandments? When the bible speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, it is speaking of the sacrificial laws. These laws were a school master pointing us to the fact that Jesus would be sacrificed for our sins. Since Jesus died we are no longer under a school master, (required to offer up bulls and goats for our sins). Now we must believe (have faith) Jesus died for us. Paul explained this in; (Heb.10:1, 9-10) (v.1) For the law (what law, the law of animal sacrifice?) having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. (v.9) Then said he, (Jesus) Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first that he may establish the second. (v.10) By which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments.

This doesn't mean we don't have to obey God's moral laws of conduct. That would be like a man getting paroled from prison and then ignoring the same laws that sent him to prison in the first place. Jesus only died once, so if we willingly break God's law, after accepting Jesus, our reward will be eternal damnation. Paul said this in; (Heb.10:26-27) (v.18) Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. In other words, no more animals are going to die for your sins. (v.26) For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

Let us avoid this at all costs, seeking a better reward. Jesus will return real soon and reward us all according to our works (Revelation 22:12). Also Jesus said in Matthew 16: (v.27) For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his holy angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.Throughout the bible we find that in order to receive eternal salvation we must keep God's commandments to the end. If we make a mistake we must not give up, but continue to strive for the prize (Philippians 3:13-14). The last chapter in the whole bible reminds us of this one last time. "Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life." (Revelation 22:14). After this we find only seven more verses in the bible, and none of them does away with God's commandments. The commandments of God are not hard to keep (I John 5:3) and furthermore, they teach us love in the highest degree. If you love Jesus you will keep his commandments (St. John 14:15). You will not displease the Lord by: Worshipping other gods, having graven images, taking his name in vain, breaking his Sabbath day (which is Saturday not Sunday), or dishonoring your parents. On the other hand, if you love your neighbor as yourself you will not kill him, commit adultery with his spouse, steal from him, falsely accuse him, or covet anything of his. This is true love, and if obeyed how much better would our world be?

This is why Jesus said that the two greatest commandments are loving the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind; and loving your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:35-40). These two commandments are the foundation of the entire law. Many reject the law, but it is HOLY, JUST AND GOOD (Romans 7:12) even today.

That is how you separate it. The Royal law of law hangs on all the law and the prophets. What looks like love is the one you follow and keep.

Do not let anyone convince you that it's wrong to keep God's commandments. Don't let anyone deprive you of the opportunity to receive eternal life. We were deprived of this opportunity once, but the death of Jesus has given us another chance. All have sinned (broken the law...I John 3:4) and the wages of sin is death. When Jesus (the true Lamb of God) was sacrificed, he removed our sins. If we accept Jesus as our sin offering, we are required to repent and get baptized IN THE NAME OF JESUS ("there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved..."(Acts 4: 12). This is our last chance Israel.

To repent means to turn from our sinful ways and start obeying God's law. The water baptism signifies the washing away of our past sins. After repenting and being baptized in the name of Jesus it would be foolish for us to turn around and willingly break God's commandments. If we make an honest mistake Jesus can help us, but if we sin willingly, look out! "...there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation..." (Hebrews 10:26-27). When Jesus died only the sacrificial law was done away with, alone with Leviticus priesthood.

We still must obey all of God's laws and statues of conduct, from the ten commandments to the least commandment. We cannot choose to obey one without obeying the others. For instance, if it's still good to pay tithes (as many preach), then it is still good to obey God's dietary law (not eating pork, catfish, etc...Leviticus 11:1-47). Similarly, you cannot purposely trip a blind person (Leviticus 19:14) and claim to love your neighbor as yourself. Neither can you break God's Sabbath days (Leviticus 19:30) and claim to love God with all your heart, soul and mind. Many fight to uphold man's traditional holidays (Sunday the 1st day as the Sabbath, Christmas, Easter and Halloween), but few are obeying God's Holy Days (Saturday the 7th day Sabbath, the Passover, Pentecost, etc...Leviticus 23:1-44). All of God's laws are still good and must be obeyed if we want eternal life. We might not be able to observe everything perfectly, but can fight a good fight. If we do this our prize awaits us at the end. "...if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments" (Matthew 19:17).

I agree with everything you said about obeying commandments and staying faithful to the Lord. The only problem I have is, working through the salvation with works until the end. I don't think we can lose our salvation at any of time. The question we should be able to answer confidently is "Am I really saved?" Today, people simple raise their hands at an altar call and "assume" they are saved. Then they hear the "once saved always saved" doctrine. And they have hit the jackpot! A free pass to continue their sinful life. This is totally wrong. A true saving faith will "always" produce good fruits.. It will be evident in the persons life. If I am claiming I am saved and still living in the old sinful ways (have not turned away from sin), it just means that Holy Spirit is not indwelling in me. I was not really saved.

Salvation = Justification + Sanctification + Glorification.

We cannot achieve salvation without one of these. All these 3 work together. One cannot exist without the other 2. If we are not justified, we cannot be sanctified through our works. We will not be glorified at the end with the Lord if we were not sanctified (which depends on justification). So justification is the starting point. And justification is through faith only. Hence, faith is the starting point, which would result in good works. That is why James says "Faith without works is a dead faith". It is not a real saving faith.

I agree with everything you said about obeying commandments and staying faithful to the Lord. The only problem I have is, working through the salvation with works until the end. I don't think we can lose our salvation at any of time. The question we should be able to answer confidently is "Am I really saved?" Today, people simple raise their hands at an altar call and "assume" they are saved. Then they hear the "once saved always saved" doctrine. And they have hit the jackpot! A free pass to continue their sinful life. This is totally wrong. A true saving faith will "always" produce good fruits.. It will be evident in the persons life. If I am claiming I am saved and still living in the old sinful ways (have not turned away from sin), it just means that Holy Spirit is not indwelling in me. I was not really saved.

Salvation = Justification + Sanctification + Glorification.

We cannot achieve salvation without one of these. All these 3 work together. One cannot exist without the other 2. If we are not justified, we cannot be sanctified through our works. We will not be glorified at the end with the Lord if we were not sanctified (which depends on justification). So justification is the starting point. And justification is through faith only. Hence, faith is the starting point, which would result in good works. That is why James says "Faith without works is a dead faith". It is not a real saving faith.

Just as a person freely accepted Jesus in their life they can also freely choose to stop serving him. Jesus said with his own mouth; (Matt. 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord. People are being taught that once they are “saved” that you can never fall to the spiritually lost condition. This is not true and totally unbiblical; this teaching is a damnable heresy brought in by man. To teach someone that all they have to do is believe on Christ and you are saved is a doctrine of the devil. Many who teach eternal security teach that once a man is saved no matter how wicked he becomes he is still saved. Thus the teaching “once saved always saved”. Then you asked them what are you saved from? Or how did you obtain your salvation? And most cannot answer these questions. Some even say that sense I have been “saved” I am living a sinless life.
Now in (1John:1:10) If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. According to the bible you can’t be living a sinless life, because if you make such a statement, you just lied.

Just as a person freely accepted Jesus in their life they can also freely choose to stop serving him. Jesus said with his own mouth; (Matt. 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord. People are being taught that once they are “saved” that you can never fall to the spiritually lost condition. This is not true and totally unbiblical; this teaching is a damnable heresy brought in by man. To teach someone that all they have to do is believe on Christ and you are saved is a doctrine of the devil. Many who teach eternal security teach that once a man is saved no matter how wicked he becomes he is still saved. Thus the teaching “once saved always saved”. Then you asked them what are you saved from? Or how did you obtain your salvation? And most cannot answer these questions. Some even say that sense I have been “saved” I am living a sinless life.
Now in (1John:1:10) If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. According to the bible you can’t be living a sinless life, because if you make such a statement, you just lied.
The doctrine of election is most misunderstood. Once saved and always saved is biblical. It us God who chooses us. He has predestined our salvation. It includes turning away from wicked ways. If someone is saved and still continues in sinful ways, it is just a"claim" that they are saved. The question is, are they really saved. The problem with free will is, getting saved is in the hands of human. With election, it is in the hands of the Lord.

Just wondering what it would take in your guy's opinion for a person to after being saved ,to loose ones salvation.Like a lustful thought,or another extreme to kill someone.What would it take to be classified as one with lost salvation?

The doctrine of election is most misunderstood. Once saved and always saved is biblical. It us God who chooses us. He has predestined our salvation. It includes turning away from wicked ways. If someone is saved and still continues in sinful ways, it is just a"claim" that they are saved. The question is, are they really saved. The problem with free will is, getting saved is in the hands of human. With election, it is in the hands of the Lord.

Paul said in (1Cor. 15:1-2) (v.1) MOREOVER, brethren, I declare unto the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; (v.2) By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. Paul is telling you right here that you are saved by the gospel that he preached unto you if you keep it in memory. So what happens if you don’t keep it in memory? Then you have believed in vain you have believed for nothing that’s what vain means.

Brother and Sisters it says in...1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts

When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments.

Indeed but not dependent on what was written on stone. The keeping of the ordinances written on stone does not earn one salvation...Christ fulfilled the law and we are IN HIM. We are no longer under the law. The law has been written on our hearts and the ordinance no longer condemns us...we who are IN HIM are no longer subject to the curse of the law. Now that is not saying one can intentionally disobey the law, it is saying the law was given to bring us to Christ...have you been brought to Christ? If yes than the law has performed its function now walk in the law of the Spirit....Christ in you is the hope of glory not commandment keeping but if Christ truly be in you you can no longer practice sin as a lifestyle (its just not your nature) where before you had no choice (your lifestyle was sin).

In His love

Brother Paul

2 Corinthians 3 - 3 Forasmuch as you are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone (like the 10 Commandments), but in fleshy tables of the heart (by the indwelling Spirit of God). 4 And such is the trust have we through Christ toward God: 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything of ourselves (like as if we keep the commandments and others do not); but our sufficiency is of God (because it is not by what we do or have done, but of Christ); 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter kills (brings death), but the spirit gives life (His life in us the expectation of glory).

7 But if the ministration of death (the sin consciousness brought on by the Law), written and engraved in stones (that is the 10 Commandments), was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not steadfastly behold the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance; which glory eventually faded (because by the commandments they were all guilty): 8 How shall the ministration of the Spirit not be even more glorious (who while we were yet sinners Christ dies for the ungodly…by love and grace)?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory (that righteousness which is by faith and not works).

10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excels (for it never ends). 11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more is that which remains glorious.

In the Exodus Pentecost (Shavuot), 50 days after the deliverance of Israel, the Lord gave the letter of the Law engraved in stone. It was at Mount Sinai in Arabia (called also Horeb), the mount of God in the land of Jethro of Midian…as Moses came down declaring the Commandments the people fled and 3,000 eternally died

(You shall, you shall, you shall not, you shall not…it is all about “Thou” and the eye turns onto self)

In the Acts Pentecost, 50 days after deliverance of whosoever will that would come, the Lord gave the Spirit, and wrote all we need in our hearts. It was on Mt. Zion, in Jerusalem the city made Holy by God. Jesus went UP giving the Spirit and 3,000 were eternally saved.

(And they went about preaching the wonderful works of God…they glorified Christ, led them to salvation…it’s all about God and the eye turns to Christ…what He said and what He did and His gracious offer of love – 2:37-39)

Through the Law comes the knowledge of sin…though grace the love of God to-usward…the ministry of death was engraved on stone and the ministry of righteousness engraved on our hearts by the knowledge of salvation.

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Alive apart from the law…dead by the law! Alive through Christ’s sufficient and pleasing sacrifice.

Colossians 213 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all your trespasses;

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us (the Law), which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.

So He not only nailed our sins to the cross but also the ordinances against us so they no longer have any effect…by grace we are SAVED.

In His love

Brother Paul

Agreed !

The problem with Once Saved Always Saved is the 1st word.............."ONCE"!

ONCE saved means that we are really saved and not just make believe saved. The churches are full of make believers who have given lip service to Jesus and do not serve Him.

Brother and Sisters it says in...1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts

Following that line of thought, if I see a woman walk by and my mind thinks of lust toward, that then is sin because I have lusted after a woman.

I did not commit the act but according to Jesus, He tells us that we only have to think it and we have done it.

That being the case I would submit that every red blooded man in the world has broken God's Law and we all stand guilty and have in fact lost our salvation..........if we were ever born again to start with. There is the key.

My goodness brother........THINK about what you are saying and the young Christians who are reading your words.

Yes, sin is breaking the law but it is just as true that the verse you used means "KNOWN HABITUAL SIN".

Are we saved by the Law??? What book and verse would that be???
Are we saved by keeping the commandments??? What book??

The Law was never given to save sinners but was instead given so that we might see the exceeding sinfulness of sin itself.

Gal, 3:24
"Wherefore the law was our school master to bring us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a school master".

We are not saved by keeping the law, but God's law reminds us that we have obligations and God's grace so fills the heart of the true believer that he wants and tries to meet those obligations.

Consider 1 John 3:6
"Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not; whosoever sinneth hath not seen him neither known him".

Again we see that one must be saved ONCE before he can lose something he does not in fact have to begin with.

Romans 6 tells us that to ABIDE in Christ is to be dead to sin. We can not be both can we???????

IMHO the one who habitually lives in sin has never been transformed by Christ's life changing power and purity. But t that is just me.

Last edited:

Bro. tan.

Allow me to say that I am no expert on Bible matters. Anyone can disagree with me at any time and we will still be friends. I try to expound a Bible understanding of Scriptures and NOT any denominational teaching. Having said that let me then say that when we teach the Bible to others we must be careful to consider the context of the Scriptures we are using to support a teaching we favor.

In this case, most anyone is able to read Matthew 24 and understand that the context is not about OSAS and in fact is not even for us today. It is aimed at and focused upon those Jewish believers during the Tribulation period. Allow me to say to you that to think we have to ENDURE we will be saved is simply not applicable to us today. Salvation is something we ENJOY and is not something we ENDURE. I have enjoyed my salvation now for almost 50 years and I have not had one second where I had to ENDURE it. It has helped me in every walk of life and every trial I have faced.

Many today who believe that one can lose his salvation after truly being saved tend to use verses that sound good but do not apply to their belief. I think that is classic and if fact is what you have done here with Matt. 24. The focus is on the believers of the Tribulation Period. The believers during the Tribulation Period will suffer like no one else ever has for their faith.

If we correctly define this verse I believe we can see what Jesus was actually saying.............
During the end times when there will be many false Christ's, wars, pestilence, disease, famines, earthquakes, and persecution of believers beyond imagination. "Those who are faithful even unto death will be the ones saved."
They believed Christ, accepted Him through the testimony of one of the 144,000 and did not take the marl of the beast.
To be martyred for the cause of Christ is to be delivered from physical sufferings and ushered into the presence of Almighty God in heaven.

Today, we who are saved are living in the age of Grace and we are saved by believing, by receiving the free gift of God, NOT BT ENDURING temptation or any affliction. But in the age to come, those who receive the message of the 144,000 Jewish virgin men, will be called upon to ENDURE UNTO the end, hence the "context" for the verse for proper teaching.

Bible hermeneutics' is, I am sure you know......the process of digging deeper into the obvious to see if there is more to the story than what just meets the eye gate. So many times we see what we want to see and do not dig any deeper to see if there is something more important that what we just see. I think that is the example we see here from Matt. 24:13, but that is just me saying and again, fell free to disagree.

Back