"The Catching Away"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are doing it again mistmann, you are jumping on your high horse and evading the questions and charges brought to you, instead you simply string together another choice verses from Bible and accuse those who disaagree with you of being spirtually dead who do not know the Lord and never will. Amazing you have responded in this way with the verses you have chosen, as it simply re-inforces the point that you are ignorant of scripture and how to apply it, time and time again I point out to you that disagreement over prophecy is neither here not there with a Christians walk with God, it is not important at the end of day, yet by quoting 2 Tim 4:3 you are implying it is, and further more your version is the correct version and we are all wrong.

You need to open your eyes more and learn what was going on in the early church, the concerns are not simply over interpretation of proophecy concerning scripture, but genuine heresey and evil practices, individual churches introduced all manner of occult practices to make church more inviting to those who followed the practices, this was pretty standard thinkingin multi-god world, so many people who converted simply did them out of ignornace and miss-understanding. There are those who teach false things about salvation and Christ, such as telling gentiles they have to still submit themselves to the old laws.

(Which, as an aside, is why we cannot use popularity of, or number of adherents of, etc. as a measure of truth. "Itchy Ear" syndrome is rife in the Christian community sadly)

But perhaps you can answer this. Those who cry "Lord, Lord" and call themselves Christian and brothers and sisters in Christ but who Christ Himself disowns and calls workers of iniquity. Are they of Christ or of Satan? Will they display the fruits of GOD's Holy Spirit or the fruits of Satan's UNholy spirit?

Again I say how dare you make such accusations, it is an accusation no matter how much you disguise it, even if you will not directly admit it, everyone can see through your accusations and agendas.

I know THe Lord, I have been baptised by the HOly Spirit, I have experienced his healing , I have witnessed his protection , I have seen him destroy my enemies and I am not exagerating either, I can testify to the love he has for me, for how he provides for me and my family, to the point that the staff in my local shop now notice and other people joke that angels work there.

SO how dare you imply that God will not know me becuase I am subscribing to a different interpretation of prophecy to you. Again I say you need to hang your head in shame for saying such disgraceful things.

Agriola...........

I have been around for a long time.

I have served in the military, private sector and ministry positions as well. I even dabbeled a little in politics.
I have been to many schools and even have taught in one or two. Still do when asked. I say that to say this............

Something I learned a long time ago is this.........when someone can not communicate on the same intellectual plane, they will always go the personal attacks to draw attention away from their weaknesses.

To them, it is better to make the other person look worse than they look. Sad, but that is the case and it happens all the time.

My friend Misstman posted this.......................
"OK but seeing as Agricola seems to have declined the challenge perhaps you can tell me where Daniel 9-12 mentions the "AntiChrist". Or indeed where the word "AntiChrist" appears ANYWHERE in the OT. I can't find it. Perhaps you can show me where. As to the NT are you saying the Apostles have NOT declared that there are many antiChrists?"

Misstman............
Will you please tell me where the word "Christ" appears in the OT.
Will you please tell me where the word "Trinity" appears in the OT.
Will you please tell me where the word "Church" appears in the OT.
Will you please tell me where the word "Nativity" appears in the OT.

I can't find them.
Perhaps you can show me where they are.

Then you asked me one of your misleading questions................................

As to the NT are you saying the Apostles have NOT declared that there are many antiChrists?

NOW...........is that really what I said Misty???????

Here is what I said................
"Now you seem to be saying that there is not a coming antichrist(I find references in the NT but they tell me there are many antichrists not just one single antichrist.")

How in the world do you come to the question you asked out of my statement to you is beyound me.

1 John 2:18
"Little children, (how appropriate that is today) it is the last time, and as ye have heard that antichrist (SINGULAR...."THE" Antichrist) SHALL come (Future); even now are there many antichrists whereby we know that it is the last time.

The "word" antichrist appears only here and also in #22 and 4:3 and 2 John 2:7.

Paul uses another word to describe this coming antichrist is 2 Thess. 2:3 he calls him the "MAN OF SIN" and the "SON OF PERDITION" also the "LAWLESS ONE....and the "WICKED".

John calls him in Rev. 13:1 "THE BEAST"

Now, to find the word ANTICHRIST in the Old Test, you will not. It comes under the same learning ability of "IMPLIED TRUTH" that we get the understanding from of TRINITY, RAPTURE, CHURCH, CHRIST etc.

Daniel calls this same person "THE LITTLE HORN" in 7:8; 20; 21;24;25.( COMPARE TO REV. 13)
He also calls him the "WILLFUL KING" in 11:36,
"THE COMING PRINCE" in 9:26.
"HE" in Dan. 9:27.

Why are you avoiding answering by asking me a lot of irrelevant questions? Go back to Agricola's post where it started. HE is the one who asked me to explain who is the ANTICHRIST DANIEL prophecied was.

Agricola said:

So who was the anti-christ? he is missing from your scenario. The anti-christ has to be present from start to final destruction. It can not be the emperor, as Nero commited suicide in June 68, hardly the actions of The anti-christ he does not fit the description of the anti-christ anyway, then in 69 we see the year of the 4 emperors, Galba, Otho, Vitellius and finally Vespasian, who then saw the final destrcution, so we have 5 emperors covering the time frame you claim is the 7 years Daniel is refering to, which just adds more confusion and needs more explinations from yourslef as to how you are making this all fit an where the anti-christ comes in.

It is this arrogance which continually tarnishes your reputation and how people see you.​

Seeing as Daniel does not speak of the Antichrist I think it a fair question to ask him by what authority he is making this claim. Seeing as you jumped in on it in support of Agricola it seemed reasonable to ask it of you too.

As to the other question you were objecting to my observation that the NT says there will be many antichrists. The only basis for objecting to this truth is if you believe it does NOT declare there will be many antichrists. I was merely asking you to clarify the basis for your objection.

As to 1 John 2:18 note John says "as ye have heard" and not "it is written". The former expression generally indicates it is merely a matter of hearsay or tradition. When it is a matter of scriptural authority the expression is normally "it is written". Note also it says "THAT antichrist" not "That THE antichrist" as you put in brackets. But you missed the point of the sentence. John was .... CORRECTING what they had been told.

The trouble with implied truth is people frequently make the wrong implications. Daniel 7 is a very different and unrelated prophecy to Daniel 9-12. That is why I always specified the prophecies of Daniel 9-12 in our discussions. But even so you cannot imply what you are saying because the APOSTLES in the NT declared there are MANY antichrists and you cannot imply that THEY are wrong especially as John was so careful as to correct what the little children had been told. In Daniel 9-12 "the prince to come" is a reference to the Emperor of the Roman Empire whose "men" (soldiers) were the ones who carried out the desecration. "He" in Dan 12:7 MAY be a reference to the emperor BUT it could also be a reference to the Lord Himself as it is the Lord who declared HE would punish Israel with the sevenfold increasing curses of Leviticus 26:14-46. Therefore it is the Lord who actually accomplished the fulfilment of HIS curses.

But enough has been said and I leave it to others here to judge for themselves the things that have been said.

This is Misty ... moving on.​

You are doing it again mistmann, you are jumping on your high horse and evading the questions and charges brought to you, instead you simply string together another choice verses from Bible and accuse those who disaagree with you of being spirtually dead who do not know the Lord and never will. Amazing you have responded in this way with the verses you have chosen, as it simply re-inforces the point that you are ignorant of scripture and how to apply it, time and time again I point out to you that disagreement over prophecy is neither here not there with a Christians walk with God, it is not important at the end of day, yet by quoting 2 Tim 4:3 you are implying it is, and further more your version is the correct version and we are all wrong.

You need to open your eyes more and learn what was going on in the early church, the concerns are not simply over interpretation of proophecy concerning scripture, but genuine heresey and evil practices, individual churches introduced all manner of occult practices to make church more inviting to those who followed the practices, this was pretty standard thinkingin multi-god world, so many people who converted simply did them out of ignornace and miss-understanding. There are those who teach false things about salvation and Christ, such as telling gentiles they have to still submit themselves to the old laws.

Again I say how dare you make such accusations, it is an accusation no matter how much you disguise it, even if you will not directly admit it, everyone can see through your accusations and agendas.

I know THe Lord, I have been baptised by the HOly Spirit, I have experienced his healing , I have witnessed his protection , I have seen him destroy my enemies and I am not exagerating either, I can testify to the love he has for me, for how he provides for me and my family, to the point that the staff in my local shop now notice and other people joke that angels work there.

SO how dare you imply that God will not know me becuase I am subscribing to a different interpretation of prophecy to you. Again I say you need to hang your head in shame for saying such disgraceful things.

Moved on but how can it be an accusation if I have not accused you of doing anything only asked you a question. If you are not doing any of those things why do you think it is talking about you?

But as I have said it is not for me to judge those things but for others here to judge us by the things we have said for themselves.

Definitely moved on now.

Moved on but how can it be an accusation if I have not accused you of doing anything only asked you a question. If you are not doing any of those things why do you think it is talking about you?

But as I have said it is not for me to judge those things but for others here to judge us by the things we have said for themselves.

Definitely moved on now.

Talk about being "predictable"!

Who didn't see that coming?????

If I was to quote below all the personal insults, false accusations, obvious hate and jealousy which has been directed towards Mistmann, in this and other posts, it would be blatantly obvious who should ' hang their head in shame'.

This seems to be a fact of human nature, when men fear something they attack it. Read the dealings in the Gospels between Jesus and the scribes and pharisees and you cannot fail to see the similarities.

Mistmann, I want to say here, that you have been an inspiration to me in my walk with the Lord, not only in your teaching but by your conduct.

If I was to quote below all the personal insults, false accusations, obvious hate and jealousy which has been directed towards Mistmann, in this and other posts, it would be blatantly obvious who should ' hang their head in shame'.

This seems to be a fact of human nature, when men fear something they attack it. Read the dealings in the Gospels between Jesus and the scribes and pharisees and you cannot fail to see the similarities.

Mistmann, I want to say here, that you have been an inspiration to me in my walk with the Lord, not only in your teaching but by your conduct.

GO on then do it. I would like to see exmaples of these personal insults and hate, as for jealousy how on earth do you work that one out? Point them out please do, its your duty to do so, it shouldnt be difficult to do if it is so blatently obvious.

This topic has been very well discussed and I do not see any further need to continue.

I will close the thread with thanks to all who participated.

If you have something truly unique to add, PM me and I'll consider your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back