The eatery and the drinkery

Can anyone relate to this;

I may have shared this before in the past but will share it again. One Tuesday afternoon when we were newlyweds our cupboard and fridge were empty.

We had a few bucks in our pocket so we said a prayer and thanked the Lord. We walked to the supermarket to save gas. When we got there we bought a small can of tuna, a loaf of bread and a frozen can of lemonade.

We walked back to our apartment and made tuna sandwiches and cold lemonade for dinner. That was the best tasting dinner we ever had!

The leftovers lasted the next 2 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner til Friday payday.

🥪 😎 🥰 🥤
here in the uk we would buy some baked beans and make them last on toast all week.
that's our version of being skint. and we would maybe spice the beans up with some cheese on meal 2.

its a bit like camping. you make up all sorts of unusual dishes as you haven't got the same tools in a tent as at home. but its fun, nevertheless

Vi😎

here in the uk we would buy some baked beans and make them last on toast all week.
that's our version of being skint. and we would maybe spice the beans up with some cheese on meal 2.

its a bit like camping. you make up all sorts of unusual dishes as you haven't got the same tools in a tent as at home. but its fun, nevertheless

Vi😎

I noticed the Vi😎
from,
B😎B!

I love baked beans on toast! I've bean there. lol!

I have always loved potatoes. A baked potato, potato soup, stew, french fries, etc...

I was having a baked potato during lunch and it was all I had. I enjoy potatoes as a staple food, beneficial nutrients vitamin B6 and C for energy and low in calories (one potato) about 165 calories.

I haven't tried sweet potato pie.

Does anyone have other types of potatoes that they enjoy?

Hey crossnote;

On the old Andy Griffith show (early 60s) Sheriff Taylor was eating a raw potato like it was an apple. I remember my dad noticed that while watching.

Do you like to eat raw potatoes with a sprinkle of salt or just as it is?
Either way is fine. I like them so much that way I have no preference. I also prefer raw turnips over cooked

yea it is not hashish potatoes..
I'm not sure if there is such a thing!

smoked potatoes or burnt potatoes...maybe
I don't eat green potatoes though.

Went out with mum last week, and I was maybe going to shout her a coffee at the kiosk cafe next the the wintergardens that we had a look in. But when mum looked at the menu, she balked and then suggested this chinese restaurant nearby so we went there.

It was not busy and though we still had to share a large table (most tables in chinese restaurants are round) and they automatically gave us hot broth soup to start with as well as hot tea.
I wanted to have won ton noodle soup, but they didn't have it, so we ordered beef rice noodles and singapore noodles. We couldn't finish it and the portions were very generous so took it to my brothers so he could finish it. They also had roast duck and bbq pork to takeaway so mum bought that as well.

Really, she doesn't regret leaving Hong Kong at all. It all came with her lol.

Back