Journal The Garage

Ok.... so... on Monday.... my friend came to pick me up and we went for a car ride. We went to a small town about 20 minutes away and stopped at the library.... and..... AND..... AND... they had a room full of puzzles to donate. I only took 4 of them. One of them is the SAME company as the giraffe puzzle but I could NOT resist as it is high quality and the scene is busy enough that I won't get stuck. I won't show you that one just YET...

I can't find the images for two of the puzzles... but this is the one I just started today. The pieces are sorted and the border is up. The picture states it is a 3000 piece puzzle... but the one I got from the library is only 550 pieces... so easy peasy. Not the best quality but... the border pieces fit nice and snuggly and I anticipate that the rest of the pieces will do the same.

1710441684770.png

Well... a wee break it was... I was scheduled to dog-sit today, but I woke up to an email stating that my friend's road trip was cancelled.... SO.... no dog today. Benny my side-kick was very happy to hear that he does not have to go in the closet after all. HAHA.

Thanks for guarding the garage Bob. I will send payment in the mail..... "snail mail". 🐌🐌🐌

Well... a wee break it was... I was scheduled to dog-sit today, but I woke up to an email stating that my friend's road trip was cancelled.... SO.... no dog today. Benny my side-kick was very happy to hear that he does not have to go in the closet after all. HAHA.

Thanks for guarding the garage Bob. I will send payment in the mail..... "snail mail". 🐌🐌🐌
Bob had a party there while you were away. But we helped clean it all up.

1710744365912.png

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters.
3 He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and loving-kindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever

Happy Tuesday my beautiful forum family...

Well... I had to play detective to figure out the next puzzle. It's got Chinese type writing all over the box. There are 8 different pictures on the box cover and so I first assumed it was a collection of all those pictures... however... upon further investigation... I noticed that there is a check mark under one of the pictures. The person who did this puzzle was BRILLIANT... as he/she put the border pieces in a separate bag... therefore... my border pieces are already sorted for me. THAT IS A TREAT.

So... because there is no way to identify this puzzle... I made sure to put a few of the border pieces together and they FIT like a glove.... so I'm pretty sure the puzzle will pass the integrity test.

So... without further ado.... I present my next puzzle challenge. This is number 2 of 4 that I got for free at the library.
This one is indeed going to be a challenge as there is a lot of design in the pattern. I'm not so good at those... but... I will try it because there is a variety of shapes... and that is my biggest helper in completing a challenging puzzle.

We'll see how things go. This will be the last of the 4 puzzles I do because I am saving one till next year when I start my jigsaw season... It's a beautiful Harbour scene taken in the autumn... but it's Eurographics and well... I need a break from this ONE piece wonder company. HAHA.

The 4th one is simply not getting done as it failed to pass the integrity test.

Van Gogh ~The Starry Night

1710833783573.png

Well... I had to play detective to figure out the next puzzle. It's got Chinese type writing all over the box. There are 8 different pictures on the box cover and so I first assumed it was a collection of all those pictures... however... upon further investigation... I noticed that there is a check mark under one of the pictures. The person who did this puzzle was BRILLIANT... as he/she put the border pieces in a separate bag... therefore... my border pieces are already sorted for me. THAT IS A TREAT.

Van Gogh ~The Starry Night

View attachment 10677

Good morning, In Awe of Him;

First of all, putting the border pieces in a separate bag??? Where's the challenge in that? It's more fun to have the all the pieces together because puzzles are time enjoyment.

Next, if the puzzle has Chinese writing over the box, does it have English caption like in the movies? lol!

Have fun with The Starry Night.

God bless you, sister.

First of all, putting the border pieces in a separate bag??? Where's the challenge in that? It's more fun to have the all the pieces together because puzzles are time enjoyment.
says the guy who has NOT started his puzzle yet.... HAHA.

Having the border pieces separate maybe saves half hour of the process. HALF an hour Bob... It's no big deal but is quite a delight when this happens.

I need a square folding table.
HAHAHAHAHA...... just START the puzzle Bob. THE table will arrive.... AFTER you start the puzzle. You don't want to do the puzzle on the table... you want to buy either a cork board that is big enough or like me... use a 2 foot x 3 foot piece of foam core. Then you can pick up your puzzle and take it off the table BEFORE you open the jar of DROWNED cucumbers.

Good morning my beautiful forum family...

Well... I am not feeling that puzzle. First of all... it's a high gloss puzzle and with my poor lighting to begin with... I try to avoid these types. I'm a matte girl ( all the way ). WHO knew there are so many things to DECIDE when doing a simple puzzle?? HAHA.

They should make one of those books..... Puzzling for Dummies. I used to like those books because they gave a condensed crash-course on a certain topic. I should look it up... maybe there is one already... hold on... going to talk to Mr. Google for a minute. Ok.... .so............ OF COURSE there is!!!! GOOD GRIEF!!!! HAHAHA.

1710934160487.png

Ok.... so... moving right along... :D ( I don't know why I keep using this poor emoji that truly is in medical distress... I guess I keep hoping that SOMEONE will come to his aid. I do not know CPR. HAHAHAHA ).

So.... I will take a couple of days off until I decide which puzzle I am going to do next. The nice thing about free puzzles is that you don't lose anything if you choose not to do them.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

*Edit... not days off from the forums... but from puzzling. HAHA... I just had a couple of days off.

Last edited:
My mom used to flip the pieces over so the cardboard side was facing up and then put the puzzle together. When I told my daughter about that, she did it as well. I never had the patience to work large puzzles.

My mom used to flip the pieces over so the cardboard side was facing up and then put the puzzle together. When I told my daughter about that, she did it as well. I never had the patience to work large puzzles.
Hi Dave.... Nice to see you.... well... YOU know what I mean... HAHAHA.

That is quite the challenge... WOW.... NOT happening here... mind you... that would indeed take care of the high gloss issue... HAHA.
I wonder what made your mom think of doing something like that??

Puzzling is the only way I know how to create something... It's cheating of course because someone already created it but I still have to put it together. I really have a blockage when it comes to creating. I have paints... pencil crayons...pastels, pencils and lots of paper... I can't seem to break out and make something.... so until I can do that... jigsaw puzzles are it for me. HA.

Hi Dave.... Nice to see you.... well... YOU know what I mean... HAHAHA.

That is quite the challenge... WOW.... NOT happening here... mind you... that would indeed take care of the high gloss issue... HAHA.
I wonder what made your mom think of doing something like that??

Puzzling is the only way I know how to create something... It's cheating of course because someone already created it but I still have to put it together. I really have a blockage when it comes to creating. I have paints... pencil crayons...pastels, pencils and lots of paper... I can't seem to break out and make something.... so until I can do that... jigsaw puzzles are it for me. HA.
Mom said the puzzles she had were not enough of a challenge and she did not want to buy a new one as she felt it too would become to easy. So her solution was to flip the pieces and instant challenge. My daughter first tried it with a 300 piece puzzle and decided it was fun so she moved up to a 1000 piece and completed that as well. Mom was a wonderful artist, she prefered painting. After many years of encouragement she finally entered one of her paintings in the Utah state fair and won a prize. She was so happy about that. It sounds to me like your creative outlet is puzzles and you have made it look so easy and obviously enjoyable and relaxing. Thank you for sharing your puzzles with us.

Back