Journal The Garage

I am almost 100% certain there is a piece missing to my puzzle... I have had this trouble several times. It seems to be the risk one takes when buying from places like Winners and other discount stores. That is a RULE.... If I am certain there is a piece missing... it's as good as toast... and NO... I would NEVER purposely throw out or hide a piece for an excuse to throw in the towel.

HAHAHAHA.... I FOUND it... oh my goodness.... two days.... .TWO DAYS I tell you.... .I just know that God did that on purpose to make me appreciate my puzzle... HAHAHAHA. The piece was somewhere on the puzzle but I did not notice that it was in the wrong place. When I finished writing my first paragraph... I went back and looked for that exact issue... and VOILA.

So..... onward with the SLEWING.

Good morning my precious forum family...

It was good to take an internet break... well... I didn't really take a break... but... I took a participation break.... and..... AND..... GUESS what I did????? It rhymes with muzzle..... GOOD GRIEF seems to be the only statement I am able to make... After 4 days of intensive SLEWING.... .I am only about 50% done.... Honestly.... bobinfaith... I am tempted to mail you this DUMB puzzle which I am having a love/hate relationship with at the moment. The only thing that is keeping me going is that I REFUSE to admit defeat... and the fact that I am going to frame it when it's finished. Plus... my rule is that if the pieces have integrity=good quality... I have to complete it. In other words... there is no excuse NOT to finish it. Seriously.... I am going to look into that rule. HAHA.

I'm actually closer to 60% finished.... It's kind of hard to tell because the giraffes in the middle constitute about 1/4 of the puzzle. I'm almost finished the bottom ( dark brown )... and am now about to enter the medium and light brown. Oh... and there's that piece that I can't seem to find at the moment... which is driving me nuts.... I like to do things in rows. HAHA.

It is currently RAINING.... which is unheard of for this time of year.... The ice shacks are coming in off the lake already which is also unheard of for this time of year... Those poor winter sports people are NOT happy campers.

So.... my big project which I have decided to do and have made the commitment to do is....... a garden at the side of the house. I have a strip of land to work with... but it is all on a slope... and most of it is in partial shade due to the tall pine trees which are everywhere. The entire thing is going to be an experiment but one that I am very excited about. It's going to be containers for the most part... but I am also going to do a lot of flowers.... My landlords are going to build me a little pad ( patio ) so I can sit there during the summer... my morning coffee spot.

I hope all is well with everyone... I need to look around and see what I missed.

Good morning, In Awe of Him;

Finish your Geoffrey the Giraffe puzzle. Is the baby giraffe's head that's in Geoffrey's mouth his daughter Baby Gee or son Junior?

😎lol!

Finish your Geoffrey the Giraffe puzzle. Is the baby giraffe's head that's in Geoffrey's mouth his daughter Baby Gee or son Junior?
HAHAHAHAHA @ Bob naming my giraffe.... I hate to break it to you... but the Puzzle is called a Mother's kiss.
WE can name the baby Geoffrey but you need to change Momma's name. Oh my goodness.... we can have a
Pick a name contest!!!!!!!!! What is the mother's name???

Edit*** I choose Lolli ( Momma ) and Geoffrey ( baby ).... Definitely open for suggestions... Let the contest BEGIN. HA

Hello In Awe of Him;

I tried to find an old post of my hobby of collecting marbles. I inquired with a marble club and may consider joining. Here is a sample of my collection. Check it out!

Attachments

• Marbles 03222021 copy.jpeg
    Marbles 03222021 copy.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 7
This is a very interesting thread. I used to like doing jigsaw, it is very relaxing. My brother used to have a collection of marbles.
We don't see many of them now.
That is a lovely picture In Awe of Him
Glad you found the missing piece.

Wow bobinfaith ... if my memory serves me correctly.... there were big marbles and we called them plunkers. I have no recollection of the rules of the game.... but I do remember they came in pretty colours. That was like a retro flash back. HAHA

This is a very interesting thread. I used to like doing jigsaw, it is very relaxing. My brother used to have a collection of marbles. We don't see many of them now. That is a lovely picture In Awe of Him Glad you found the missing piece.

Good morning, In Awe of Him and Cosia;

Plunkers, eh? Those big marbles are called boulder cat eyes. Cat eyes are usually the marbles used for playing.

The ones I shared are contemporary marbles that are displayed in our curio or can trade at a marble show.

Cosia, when we lived in England 1964 I was 7 years old and never heard of marbles until we moved to Germany in 1965. I was introduced to marbles by a fellow student. He pulled his marbles out of his pants pocket and I was mesmerized by these colorful spheres.

We may go to a marble show in Portland, Oregon this July. If we do go I'll take photos of the thousands of marbles sold and traded by the many collectors.

God bless you both and have a blessed weekend.

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,
~Philippians 2:3

This scripture has been on my heart for awhile now. I am going on my 5th month here in the forums... and I am so deeply moved by the demonstration of Christian fellowship in the true sense of the word.

I used to think that Christian unity was a myth... because sadly... all I seemed to witness for a great many years was people being overbearing with one another.... needing to be right... and harshly judgemental of others.

In a very short time... I have changed my mind about this. I see clearly that there truly IS such a thing as a healthy... functioning body ( which is the church ) being spoken and lived within these little boxes called the forums.

My heart has softened so much... I have come to be able to REST and TRUST those who are speaking to me. I am now able to listen with anticipation as to what others have to say.... instead of blocking everyone's words before they even speak.

I arrived here so very weary... and very much alone. Oh what JOY that floods my soul... knowing that this little lamb... has found her way to this beautiful place where the Shepherd is GOOD and the meadow filled with clover.

Thank you to all the staff who work so very hard to make this place the special gem it is. I pray that many needy souls will ( like me ) find their way here... so that they can be nurtured and taught.

I think this picture describes EXACTLY and PRECISELY how I am feeling about my puzzle. the more I look at this face... the more I can relate. If anyone is QUESTIONING the emotion here.... It's what happens when you have stubbed your toe on the way to the bathroom... then proceeding to fall down a flight of stairs and then..... realizing that you are all OUT of coffee. :D

**disclaimer..... NO... none of that has happened... I am just a DRAMA QUEEN. HAHAHA

1709645420836.png

Good morning, In Awe of Him;

After reading your sad post I went for a walk along the beach, kicked a rock and then came back feeling really bad for you.

Not really!
😎 lol!

(whew!) I'm relieved to know you have coffee in your house.

After reading your sad post I went for a walk along the beach, kicked a rock and then came back feeling really bad for you.

Not really!
😎 lol!

(whew!) I'm relieved to know you have coffee in your house.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... HAHAHAHAHAHA.... and still HAHAHAHAHA.... oh my goodness BOB!!!!

*Edit... I really need to learn to say everything I have to say in one fell swoop... but I am grateful for the time limit to edit a post.... so....
I will add that I have till the end of today to DECIDE whether or not this puzzle is going back in the box. It's a 50/50 chance... Could go either way. AND.... BOB.... maybe I will mail it to you.... HAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:
Hello In Awe of Him;

Another thing I wanted to share. When I was looking for your journal I was thinking Garbage, not Garage. Forgive me. Of course it's Garage.

🤜 😎!!!

Your puzzles should be enjoyable and not feel like a chore. It's like being retired and wanting to take a nap without feeling guilty about how long. My brother who is also retired spoke with me yesterday and when he takes a nap he doesn't worry how long.

I used to set the timer for my naps and when it rang I asked myself, why? I don't have to report to anybody. lol! Except Jesus.

God bless you, sister.

I think this picture describes EXACTLY and PRECISELY how I am feeling about my puzzle. the more I look at this face... the more I can relate. If anyone is QUESTIONING the emotion here.... It's what happens when you have stubbed your toe on the way to the bathroom... then proceeding to fall down a flight of stairs and then..... realizing that you are all OUT of coffee. :D

**disclaimer..... NO... none of that has happened... I am just a DRAMA QUEEN. HAHAHA

View attachment 10629
In Awe of Him
Why did you take this photo of me?

Your puzzles should be enjoyable and not feel like a chore.
You are absolutely correct about puzzling... To be honest... I have absolutely ENJOYED this hobby over the last three winters.
There are some puzzles I could NOT finish due to poor quality.... It's all been a learning curve.

The puzzle has special significance to me Bob... I knew it as a picture way before I found the puzzle of it. The pieces pass the integrity test... they fit like a glove so there is NO excuse for me NOT to do it. What I don't remember is a puzzle that only has ONE piece shape. That is what is making it ultra difficult.

I knew when I started... that it was going to be a challenge due to the brown background. I just did not realize how difficult. So... I am now at the place of being about 70% done and not wanting to throw in the towel... but being absolutely TIRED of the monotony.

So.... to just pack it in at this stage is a REALLY BIG DEAL. I just need about 3 good pushes and should be able to finish it after a spurt of effort. HAHAHAHA... sounds like I'm giving birth.

I am also going to glue it and get my landlord to frame it for me. So... worth the effort but I just wanted to COMPLAIN and now Cosia is mad at me cause she has a better MAD FACE than me. HAHAHAHAHA

Ok... well.... it is with a sad heart that I must announce that I have decided to abandon my beloved giraffe puzzle. I have not yet been able to do the dirty task of disassembly ( that will be later today ) ... however... after much consideration... I have decided it is not worth the time it will take to finish. In reality... I am probably closer to 70% complete... which means approximately 300 pieces left. The reality is that it would take hours upon hours of my time to finish due to the colour being so similar and only one piece shape to work with.

This was indeed a beautiful puzzle but simply too difficult to complete. As Bob pointed out a few posts ago... a hobby should be fun... and up until this point... it has been. So... to my beloved giraffe puzzle... sad to see you go but GOOD GRIEF.... you were difficult.. HAHAHAHA.

Below is my next attempt to SLEW something and I have great expectations BECAUSE.... well...... THIS will be my FIRST ever Ravensburger which is apparently the filet mignon of puzzles. I have a feeling that once I do this puzzle... I will become a complete puzzle snob and only want to do this BRAND. The cutting technology is so precise that one can hear a soft click every time a puzzle piece is placed. Anyways... I present to you.... Books... Bits... and BOBS... How lovely that I would include my friend BOB in my first ever Ravensburger. HAHAHA.

1709804543795.png

Back