Journal The Garage

Happy Thursday everyone.

I went to Best Buy yesterday and got what they call an SD card reader...( the gadgets they come up with... I tell ya )...the guy at Best Buy said it was compatible with my Chromebook and it says the same thing on the box... NOW... I can share pictures that I take on my camera... which means... I really need to make friends with my camera and start taking pictures... HAHA.

So then... last shopping day until the Easter holidays begin.

I will be gone for Saturday and Sunday...sleep over with my friend and I get to sleep with a DOG.... LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

I should have prepared something special for EASTER but I did not get organized enough to do so.

I am attempting to start journalling... and OH my goodness... I am finding that thought so intimidating. I can't seem to bring myself to enjoy writing in a bound book/notebook. I have all the supplies to embellish the journal... and have chosen to do a junk journal type thing.
Bob got me thinking... I should be working on something creative all through out the year.... so thank you BOB. HAHA.

So.... grocery shopping day.... and hopefully I can get a start on my NEW project.

Happy EASTER week-end everyone. Much love to all of you from Canada.

I have been listening to sermons all morning about the crucifixion and the empty tomb. It is an AWESOME revelation that both were needed to achieve Salvation for us. I don't think we meditate on this reality ENOUGH. It's too painful to think about our Lord and Saviour... beaten beyond recognition. I remember when I watched the Passion many years ago.... I made myself WATCH the torture. I remember cringing... wincing... and weeping when the scourging scene came on. I only watched it ONCE... I don't think I would be able to do so again. It seemed easier to watch when I did NOT believe.

I love the word propitiation... It is perhaps the most important word of our FAITH. The act of appeasing God once and for all... so that we could be SAVED... and live for all eternity. I am taken by this thought today... the fact that Jesus said YES to all of it. Gratitude doesn't even begin to cover the emotion of AWE that I feel... knowing that this all took place for me. I truly can't wrap my brain around it all.

How BLESSED we are to be a part of this marvelous family called CHRISTIANITY. I am so very thankful that I found these forums when I did.

May we all be deeply touched by the REALITY of what CHRIST accomplished for us on the cross.

Good morning, In Awe of Him;

Thank you for your sharing Easter Weekend. When the Passion of the Christ came out in 2004 the theatres in our community were packed. Many in the audience weeped and after the movie many were still in tears. Incredibly, Church attendance increased.

I am also thankful I found Christian Forum Site back in the day I joined.

I love the word Resurrection. It immediately fills my thoughts of Christ has Risen, conquered death and reigns forever as our Lord and Savior.

God bless you, sister, have a wonderful weekend.

Bob

HELLO HELLO HELLO.... my precious and beautiful family.

I missed you all.... I had a very busy week-end which is NOT usual for me... but I enjoyed it and had a marvelous visit with my friend... PLUS... I got to sleep with a miniature dachshund ( life at it's FINEST ). :D

Yesterday was so lovely I spent most of the day outside... walking around town. It was a warm 6 degrees Celsius ( which translates to 42.8 degrees Fahrenheit. Warm for where I live. Today it's much the same... and just because the weather is WEIRD.... we have a storm warning for tonight... either rain or snow... and very heavy winds... so there is the potential for a power outage through the night... which is NEVER fun.

I peeked at the pepper and tomato seeds I planted and OH MY GOODNESS.... low and behold... the peppers are all starting to sprout.... TALK about EXCITING. I'm so happy I used plastic pots because those peat moss ones always get moldy and I still have 6 weeks to go before planting outside. I have no idea if they will survive but it seems the window sill is indeed the place for them. I was worried there would not be enough light but so far so good. NO tomatoes yet.

SO.... I will keep this short and sweet... so nice to be BACK.

Good afternoon, In Awe of Him;

Doesn't if feel good to get out on Easter weekend? We were out and about all weekend and wow! When we got home I was real sleepy.

When your peppers germinate are they little black balls or are they bunched in a flower? I'm not a gardener nor do I want to be dependent of the internet.
lol!

It's nice to have you back, sister, God bless you.

Hi bobinfaith... This is what they look like when they first sprout... the fruit (peppers) don't appear till months after the seed is planted. They have to flower first and then the fruit starts to grow. It's the same as any plant that produces a crop... Ripe fruit is only usually seen when you are ready to PICK. I also planted two different types of tomatoes... but nothing peeking out from them. I planted both trays on March 25th. I was actually shocked and DELIGHTED to see that some of the seeds had "taken". My experiment has ALREADY exceeded my expectations. HA.

1712134970370.png

Hi bobinfaith... This is what they look like when they first sprout... the fruit (peppers) don't appear till months after the seed is planted. They have to flower first and then the fruit starts to grow. It's the same as any plant that produces a crop... Ripe fruit is only usually seen when you are ready to PICK. I also planted two different types of tomatoes... but nothing peeking out from them. I planted both trays on March 25th. I was actually shocked and DELIGHTED to see that some of the seeds had "taken". My experiment has ALREADY exceeded my expectations. HA.

View attachment 10750
That is fast for peppers to sprout that quickly. When I start from seed, the tomatoes usually are the first to take.
I have started them in my basement with a big fluorescent light as the only light source. It gets them started but if I start them too soon, they die out before the weather warms up.

I seem to be on DELAY mode this week. My spirit is QUIET and deeply REFLECTIVE. This is the place I would have liked to be during Easter week... but I wasn't... and now I am. HA.
I am reflecting on the cost of it all. What my SAVIOUR went through and endured... all so that I could be set free from satan and hell. I think perhaps meditating on the way it all played out... is a sure fire way to WAKE UP and become SOBER in our position. I don't mean walking around with a sour face and serious disposition like the Pharisees did. I do not mean a surface assessment of our "spiritual condition". I mean a DEEP DEEP housecleaning.
I am considering the cost of it all. What that means for me.... how much it has CHANGED me... and how it AFFECTS me in the here and now ( at this very moment ). Suddenly... I am taken with the depth of SACRIFICE offered to FATHER on my behalf.

Below is one of my favourite scriptures. Prosper does not mean to make WEALTHY.... but it does mean to make WELL in abundance. It is a much deeper word than what the world focuses on today. Prospering is making WHOLE and filling with JOY. It has nothing to do with material possessions. A soul that is prospering is NOT dependent on the shifting winds of the world or anything it has to offer. It is a total understanding that BECAUSE of the CROSS and JESUS' SACRIFICE that we are BLESSED beyond measure as believers.

I Pray that all those in my forum family might PROSPER in these days and weeks to come. Gratitude is the key that opens that door.

1712306407664.png

Oh my goodness.... the LAKE.... the LAKE..... the LAKE is completely melted and flowing freely. OH JOY!!!!!!!!
What a sight to see the waves gently rolling in onto the shore. >>>>> The Ewe is doing the happy dance!!!
I cannot believe it is only April 5th and the lake is completely flowing. HAPPY DAY!

Good morning, In Awe of Him;

I'm blessed you are in a spiritual longing to draw closer to our Father. Jesus went everywhere doing His mission but always withdrew to spend time in prayer reference Mark 6:46 and Luke 6:12. Jesus
was a great example of this.

I have a small project for you. Instead of typing
HA HA, try typing lol! which means laugh out loud! L🤡L!!!

ANYWAAAAAAAAY, last September we visited family in Tiverton, Canada. This beautiful lake is right in front of their home.

God bless
you, sister, and thank you for sharing this morning.

Bob

Attachments

• Tiverton 1 09:2023.jpg
    Tiverton 1 09:2023.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Tiverton 2 09:2023.jpg
    Tiverton 2 09:2023.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Tiverton 3 09:2023.jpg
    Tiverton 3 09:2023.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1
Back