Journal The Garage

So, does that make Mr. Louie a Chihuahund or a Dachshuhuahua. I prefer the latter. And, a Dachshuhuahua would need a ladder for the short legs to get on the couch.
Never mind, brain circuits are getting crossed.
HAHAHAHA.... the moose is on the loose... and speaking of being on the loose... we had a real moose on the loose here in the city on Mother's Day. The last time that happened was several years ago and he went into the lake. It was a huge deal and they had to block traffic for most of the afternoon. Very difficult to catch a moose who is in distress and very dangerous. I think he may have been looking for peanut butter cups.... Just saying.

This is NOT the best of pictures... but THIS is Mr. Louie. I love the term Dachshuhuahua. He does not have the full on snout that dachshunds are known for. His is a bit shorter.

Attachments

• IMG_20240514_144035.jpg
    IMG_20240514_144035.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 2
Good Sunday morning my precious forum family.

Yesterday I went for my first swim of the season. The water temp was 13C (55.4F). It was cold but I did it.
This morning... I tried to go in at 6:15 am and I could not do it. The water hurt my ankles. Not sure what the difference was ( other than it was cooler in air temperature ). Will try again this afternoon and see if that makes a difference.

Last year when I started the cold water swimming... the early morning swims were my favorite. There was an absolute STILLNESS and PEACE once I was submerged and acclimatized to the cold.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. This is our May long week-end... everything tourist-wise is opened this week-end ( including the marina ). Saw tons of boats on the lake yesterday. It's supposed to be 25C today. I will try my swim again this afternoon.

God bless everyone.

A garden update:

Well... I am so happy with the results so far. I have pots of beautiful flowers ( all of which transplanted beautifully ).... and... this morning... I transplanted all my herbs into two large pots. So... the side of my house is overflowing with colour and greenery. I really am very well pleased with the results... especially because I did not have a plan. I just started planting and filling pots.

I still have to decide what is going in the actual garden space. The sun is very partial there and so... I think what I am going to do is plant a plethora of whatever I have to fill in the spaces and see what comes of it. I have one more large pot to fill... and so I will do one tomato plant and one pepper plant. I am hoping the two can co-exist in the same pot.
I will take the best of each... however... I do not think my soil is rich enough to handle a healthy tomato plant. I have decided that I am DONE with spending. My budget was 200.00... and I don't think I spent that much ( close perhaps ).
The rest of the tomatoes and peppers I have left over will go in the garden and I will see if anything grows.
I also have some cucumbers to plant and some yellow beans. I'll throw it all together and see what happens. I just can't bear to throw anything out after all the effort I made to grow it from seed.

I think next year... I will plan things differently and invest in the nutrients needed to promote maximum tomato and pepper growth. The sky is the limit with gardening. I can understand how people go WILD... it really never ends.

I have got to start taking pictures and journalling about what works and does not work. I seem to have had a lot of beginner's luck.... as in... not much loss.

Anyways... I get to play for the rest of the day. I smell a swim day... HAHA.

God bless my beautiful forum family. Summer has definitely ARRIVED here in Northern Canada.

A garden update:

Well... I am so happy with the results so far. I have pots of beautiful flowers ( all of which transplanted beautifully ).... and... this morning... I transplanted all my herbs into two large pots. So... the side of my house is overflowing with colour and greenery. I really am very well pleased with the results... especially because I did not have a plan. I just started planting and filling pots.

I still have to decide what is going in the actual garden space. The sun is very partial there and so... I think what I am going to do is plant a plethora of whatever I have to fill in the spaces and see what comes of it. I have one more large pot to fill... and so I will do one tomato plant and one pepper plant. I am hoping the two can co-exist in the same pot.
I will take the best of each... however... I do not think my soil is rich enough to handle a healthy tomato plant. I have decided that I am DONE with spending. My budget was 200.00... and I don't think I spent that much ( close perhaps ).
The rest of the tomatoes and peppers I have left over will go in the garden and I will see if anything grows.
I also have some cucumbers to plant and some yellow beans. I'll throw it all together and see what happens. I just can't bear to throw anything out after all the effort I made to grow it from seed.

I think next year... I will plan things differently and invest in the nutrients needed to promote maximum tomato and pepper growth. The sky is the limit with gardening. I can understand how people go WILD... it really never ends.

I have got to start taking pictures and journalling about what works and does not work. I seem to have had a lot of beginner's luck.... as in... not much loss.

Anyways... I get to play for the rest of the day. I smell a swim day... HAHA.

God bless my beautiful forum family. Summer has definitely ARRIVED here in Northern Canada.

Good morning, In Awe of Him;

Your gardening sounds great and was wondering, can you post photos of your vegetables, flowers and weeds? lol!

God bless you, In Awe of Him.

Don't forget the critters who will inevitably find their way in. lol
Don't get me started Mr. Moose. I have a squirrel who has dug up my onion bulbs... not once.... not twice... but three times... Thankfully I just planted them so no harm done but oh my goodness. For some reason... NOTHING had touched my flower pots... but I planted my onion bulbs in a pot to see if they would grow and it's not going well. HAHAHA.... I decided to move the pot into the garden area and will check this morning to see if they had a peaceful night. HA.

Your gardening sounds great and was wondering, can you post photos of your vegetables, flowers and weeds? lol!
I will have to get my camera out. It's a big deal because it's not user friendly. On the next sunny day... I will take pictures. I did buy an SD card reader which will allow me to transfer my photos onto the computer. I will do my best.

bobinfaith ... A moose-bird ( a special Canadian bird only located in Northern Ontario ) told me that you are going on a CRUISE....
Oh my goodness BOB.... you are going to be IN a boat for a week.... That is so exciting.... I pray that your holiday is filled with GREAT JOY!!!!!!

I will take care of the mooses that come in the garage as well as my beloved snail family. :D

I have no idea what garden raiders are

Let me explain it to you Bob.... two days ago... I planted some onion bulbs in a pot. THEN.... the garden raider found it... and decided to dig up all the onions. I REPLANTED the onions.... and he did it again... and once more. SO far the onions have had a successful night sleep but..... BUT...... there LURKS in the shadows........ The dreaded garden raiders.
1716481865829.png

Let me explain it to you Bob.... two days ago... I planted some onion bulbs in a pot. THEN.... the garden raider found it... and decided to dig up all the onions. I REPLANTED the onions.... and he did it again... and once more. SO far the onions have had a successful night sleep but..... BUT...... there LURKS in the shadows........ The dreaded garden raiders.

Years ago we built my wife a 60 foot long wood retaining wall so she could plant her flowers. She planted potatoes and when they sprouted raccoons and possums ate them.

I reminded her of the potatoes while I was eating french fries and she didn't appreciate the memory nor while I was eating the fries but they tasted good. lol!

View attachment 10959
Do all the squirrels sing up your way? That's what the one in the pic seems to be doing.

Do all the squirrels sing up your way? That's what the one in the pic seems to be doing.
if you give the picture a second look... you will notice that you have been deceived... .That squirrel is NOT singing... he is SOUNDING the ALARM....... JACKPOT.... I hit the JACKPOT! HAHA.

While Bob is gone... you are going to have the garage mostly to yourself... Maybe you can bring some of your moose friends over for a party.... HAHA

With that said... I have a very sad moose story for you. We have a park... It's HUGE... as in approximately 3000 square miles. It is quite possibly the largest National Park here in Canada. I have not looked up the statistics. Anyways.... The moose made news last week. There were 3 car accidents = 3 dead moose and one dead human ( 3 separate accidents ).... within a 12 hour period.... A warning was issued by the park. Apparently the swarms of bugs have driven the poor "mooses" out of the park. I don't know why I found this so comical... but I don't feel so badly for NOT liking BUGS.... as it turns out.. .my favourite animal hates them too. HA.

Back