Journal The Garage

Well... It is not the hot day I thought it was going to be... but this is my preferred kind of day... nice and cool.
I got such a treat today... a very long line of Canada Geese mom's with their babies along with our usual momma ducks and babies. Sadly... my camera was IN THE HOUSE... as I was totally taken off guard and everything happened so fast... the geese came onto the shore and it was simply SPECTACULAR... I have never seen this occur in the 9 years that I have been here. I had no idea that geese and ducks sometimes travel together. It was LOVELY.

1717344716650.png

Philippians 4:11-13 Amplified Bible (AMP)

Not that I speak from [any personal] need, for I have learned to be content [and self-sufficient through Christ, satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or uneasy] regardless of my circumstances. I know how to get along and live humbly [in difficult times], and I also know how to enjoy abundance and live in prosperity. In any and every circumstance I have learned the secret [of facing life], whether well-fed or going hungry, whether having an abundance or being in need. I can do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and empowers me [to fulfill His purpose—I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace.]
https://www.bible.com/bible/1588/PHP.4.11-13.AMP

Gosh... my journal is at page 18 already. I have to say... I'm quite impressed that it's now June and this place is still going. HA. Between Bob... the resident moose... and Cosia.... plus the snails. HAHA. The garage has become a very HAPPY PLACE for me.

so.... GOOD MORNING... my PRECIOUS forum family. Happy Sunday morning to all.

The above scripture is something I have been pondering lately. I spent most of my life NOT seeing the many blessings bestowed upon me. I could not seem to get past the waves of despair that would wash over me steadily and without reprieve.

This month marks my 3rd Anniversary of my "experience at the lake". It seems I've been making mention of this a lot lately. It recently occurred to me that sometimes... it is harder/more difficult to accept the good things than the bad.
I guess I became conditioned to expect that depression would be the norm for the rest of my life. I stopped hoping for anything more... and accepted that on this side of heaven... there would be nothing but deep sorrow and suffering for me. I was NOT the victim... I did not complain... but I did give up in that I withdrew almost completely from the world.
My landlord's affectionately refer to me as their resident troll aka domesticated troll. The troll in the garage sounds so comical to me... that I decided to run with it. HAHA.

It took me more than a year of experiencing UNSPEAKABLE and OVERFLOWING JOY to finally realize this is not just a phase... it is not something I have to pinch myself for ( to see if it's real ) and it's not something that will disappear. I don't need to fear that if I start enjoying this condition I am living in... that it will be taken away or leave me. I am now at the stage where IF I was told... I would be experiencing another DESERT walk... Could I accept that? and to my shock... I found the answer inside me to say a resounding YES.... YES... I could handle if I LOST it all.

I am getting into the beginning of my senior years. I have come face to face with the fact that although I love living here... and am BLESSED to be here... that my landlords are NOT going to live forever... and I will within the next years to come... have to face the fact that I will not be able to live here till I die. That was a sudden and sobering thought for me... but one that I believe God has orchestrated for me so that I might begin to make some plans for my future care.
This week... I stopped by a property management company that oversees senior housing.... and I will be applying for affordable housing. The wait list is probably going to be about 5 years... and so... now is the time. I will be applying to live in the same building that my mother lived in before she passed away. Somehow that is a comfort to me.

So.... GOD is indeed all-knowing... and all-caring to ensure that His children get their needs met.

We are commanded NOT to grow weary and not to be afraid of the more difficult situations that face us on a daily basis. These last months... I have really been focusing on ENJOYING each task that lays before me. To really give everything I do... my BEST. I have learned that these little moments add up through out the day and PRESTO... before I know it... I've had an AWESOME day because I accepted and embraced EVERYTHING that came my way. Sometimes I am guilty of mumbling... of becoming offended by something someone says or does... and even of saying some NOT SO CHRISTIAN things. I am learning to STOP in mid track.. and get back to GAZING upon my SHEPHERD. Everything else grows strangely dim when I remember to only think about HIM.

We are BLESSED as Christians to have all kinds of declarations we can speak over ourselves and our loved ones. These promises and declarations are our birth right as believers. I am so relieved that I finally understand that I am ALLOWED ( given permission by God Himself ) to BOLDLY enter into the Throne Room of praise. WOW.

Going to be a beautiful hot day today... Yesterday I went for a nice swim to end my day... and today I may just spend the day at the lake with a picnic lunch.

God bless you all. May your Sunday be filled with the SON.
https://www.bible.com/bible/1588/PHP.4.11-13.AMP
Wow! This is so well written (content-wise) that I was imagining that I was reading a Christian self-help book. Haha, that sounds like an oxymoron, Christian self-help book, haha. But seriously, you should think about making a real journal of these type of thoughts, (or just put them here), and organize them into a book version or something. I don't know what you would call it, but these musings and life lessons have value for others to "swim" in.

Wow! This is so well written (content-wise) that I was imagining that I was reading a Christian self-help book. Haha, that sounds like an oxymoron, Christian self-help book, haha. But seriously, you should think about making a real journal of these type of thoughts, (or just put them here), and organize them into a book version or something. I don't know what you would call it, but these musings and life lessons have value for others to "swim" in.
GOOD GRIEF Mr. Moose... Are you trying to butter me up for something??? something with chocolate perhaps? HAHA.
Do you want Bob's favourite chair?? Another picture of a moose??

Seriously... my little offerings simply come from my heart... The school of sorrow and suffering produces wisdom. GOD promised that sorrow was only for a season... I truly believe this is why I was healed.

For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

Thanks for the encouragement Mr. Moose. For now... this little GARAGE is where I write.

Good morning my precious forum family.... Gosh... I'm trying to live it up a little with a new colour but you can't even tell... HOLD on... let me try again.... How's that??? I think that is a bit too light... OK.... one more try... ok... this is BETTER.

Well... yesterday was NOT the warm day I anticipated.... but... BUT.... TODAY IS.... so I am going to go for a lovely dip in the lake. I went to have a look at the water and it's CRYSTAL CLEAR... so it's going to be a lovely swim.

Quiet day here.... a leisurely one ( HA.... my entire life is leisurely to be honest.. ). Anyways... nothing in my head to share for today.

Have a good one everybody.... BOB should be home SOON.... OH my goodness.... how I have missed him.

I think I will have to get him a new cozy chair because I'm quite certain I caught Mr. Moose eyeing it up the other day.
Figures... cuz it's right under Uncle Hank's picture. HAHA.

Dear Mr. Moose... Please forgive me for the misunderstanding. I thought I saw you eyeing up Bob's favourite chair... we all know that possession is 9/10's of the law... and so it is BOB who would need a NEW chair if you decided to sit under Uncle Hank. HAHA.
Well, in my defense, I didn't see "Bob's Chair" written on it!

Is this going to be like Sheldon knowing someone was in his seat? Aren't you supposed to turn the seat cushion over when you spill something on it?

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~Jeremiah 29:11

OH how I love this scripture... I have known it for a very long time... but understanding it... experiencing it... and believing it... is quite new to me. Perhaps this is why I find it SO EXCITING now... because I BELIEVE IT.

I want to share an experience I had this week. I am quoting something I shared from post #360 ( WOW ):D

I am getting into the beginning of my senior years. I have come face to face with the fact that although I love living here... and am BLESSED to be here... that my landlords are NOT going to live forever... and I will within the next years to come... have to face the fact that I will not be able to live here till I die. That was a sudden and sobering thought for me... but one that I believe God has orchestrated for me so that I might begin to make some plans for my future care.
This week... I stopped by a property management company that oversees senior housing.... and I will be applying for affordable housing. The wait list is probably going to be about 5 years... and so... now is the time. I will be applying to live in the same building that my mother lived in before she passed away. Somehow that is a comfort to me.

If anyone knows anything about the waiting list of affordable housing... they will recognize that it's a very long and tedious process with non-stop forms to fill out only to be sent to the back of the line. I live in a smaller city however... we are also in a housing crisis... so with my above post regarding needing to think about my future... I chose to contact a property management group that was OUTSIDE the scope of the normal "subsidized housing".
I knew this meant that I had to truly have all my ducks in a row... this is a more competitive arena and they exercise the RIGHT to be extremely selective. Being on a disability is NOT to my advantage... so... the only thing going for me is that I was a SENIOR.
side note**** HAHAHA... I feel like Shakespeare with his asides ( if you know.. you know. ).

An aside is a speech or short comment that a character delivers directly to an audience. A key characteristic of an aside is that other characters on screen or on stage (in a play) appear not to hear the speech or comment.
I love playing the senior card... HAHAHAHA... especially when it comes to a discount at a store. HAHAHAHAHA.

So... my initial contact was through a phone call. The lady was so amazingly considerate and respectful that I chose to buy a rose and deliver it to the office to thank her for treating me with dignity. I assumed that I was speaking with the secretary of this organization but as it turned out... It was the BOSS... and this set up a lovely position to be in.

To make things even more amazing... I asked my landlord's brother-in-law to print off the application for me as it was sent via email... and low and behold... he just happens to be on the board of directors of his condo that is managed by......... you guessed it... the same lady. SMALL WORLD when you are a beloved child of God. He sent her an email on his own accord to put in a very good word on my behalf. = the VERY BEST position to be in.

Yesterday... I took a nice long walk... and dropped off my application for the same building my mother lived in before she passed away. AND... was told directly from this lady that I will be selected NEXT when a lake facing unit is available. I have been very selective in that I have chosen only ONE out of 4 buildings... and even more selective by stating I want a back facing unit ( which means quieter ).

NO long forms... no waiting in line... no being put on hold.... and you are NEXT. WOW... just WOW. I can't even wrap my brain around this. Normal waiting time for this unit would be 10 years ( that is not a lie )... it would probably shrink down to about 5 years... and actually play out to 3-4 years. I anticipate that I will be in this unit by next year.. and that was also at my request because I need to prepare my landlords... as this will be sad news to them... and to me... because I love these people so much.

What sticks out to me in all this is that GOD HONOURS us... Like seriously... HE ( the God of the UNIVERSE ) HONOURS us. If we are faithful to live according to His ways.... HE will HONOUR us. I can't think of a more appropriate example of GOD having honoured me. WOW.

Happy Wednesday to my precious Forum family.

GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!!! I posted this on the WRONG THREAD..... I am so happy I was able to remove it from a new members thread... HAHAHAHA.

Mr. MOOSE... calling Mr. MOOSE... Can you help me decorate the garage??? maybe hang some balloons on your antlers??? or fill up the snack bowl with peanut butter cups?? ( never mind on that one ). HA. Bob should be returning in the next day or so... I can't remember exactly when he said he is returning but I think he would appreciate knowing that he was missed. ARE you IN???

WELCOME HOME BOB!!!!!!!!!!!

1717773727481.png YOUR forum family MISSED YOU.

Hope you had a wonderful vacation on the Pacific Ocean.

We decided to throw you a PARTY. Mr. Moose and Cosia re-arranged the furniture.
GLAD you are BACK!!!!!!!
Love, Your Forum Family

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA and still HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... I knew you had the touch.... oh my goodness... Bob is going to be impressed big time!!!!!!!!
View attachment 11005
WELCOME HOME BOB!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 11015 YOUR forum family MISSED YOU.

Hope you had a wonderful vacation on the Pacific Ocean.

We decided to throw you a PARTY. Mr. Moose and Cosia re-arranged the furniture.
GLAD you are BACK!!!!!!!
Love, Your Forum Family

Hello In Awe of Him and my CFS family;

Thank you for the warm welcome and it feels good to be back here. I'm getting caught up with the staff memos, many posts and welcoming new members, I'll jump back in later and catch up with everyone.

God bless
you, sister.

😎 👍

Hello In Awe of Him and my CFS family;

Thank you for the warm welcome and it feels good to be back here. I'm getting caught up with the staff memos, many posts and welcoming new members, I'll jump back in later and catch up with everyone.

God bless
you, sister.

😎 👍
Welcome back Bob!

Back