Journal The Garage

Good morning my wonderful forum family.

Today is a very exciting day for me..... it's........................................ wait for it...........................ROAD TRIP DAY!!!!
My friend and I are going to enjoy a leisurely drive with little stops here and there. The highlight will be stopping at the chip stand for fish n' chips. Cosia Do you guys call it a chippy stand?

Anyways... someone needs to keep an eye on Mr. Moose... He's been begging for money... and playing the blame game with the snails. I also noticed that the snack box is barer then Mother Hubbard's cupboard.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday.

Hi In Awe of Him
Have a wonderful day. It sounds really good. Every game away that sells fish and chips we call a chippy, you are so right.

Heard on the grape vine the Big Moose and bobinfaith are going to look after the garage, until you get back. The snails have hoarded food up at their secret hide out.

Have fun In Awe of Him
God Bless.

Well... good grief.... I owe Mr. Moose an apology... I overheard him asking someone to add their two cents and he would ask someone else to add their two cents... and I assumed he was asking for donations to buy more peanut butter cups.

Who knew the snails had a stash??

I am deeply... and sorrowfully ( not really ) sorry for thinking you were trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

Cupboard has been restocked.

Well... good grief.... I owe Mr. Moose an apology... I overheard him asking someone to add their two cents and he would ask someone else to add their two cents... and I assumed he was asking for donations to buy more peanut butter cups.

Who knew the snails had a stash??

I am deeply... and sorrowfully ( not really ) sorry for thinking you were trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

Cupboard has been restocked.
Maybe I need a GoFundMeSomePeanutButterCups page. I'll have to come up with a good sob story though and figure out how to get the PB Cups shipped to the Garage.

And why would I be pulling the wool over your eyes? You look like you are covered all over in wool already in your pic. You pull the wool over your own eyes every time you blink! LOL Ewe know what I mean?

And why is Bob glaring at me every time he sits on his chair? Did somebody tell him I sat on his chair while he was gone?

Maybe I need a GoFundMeSomePeanutButterCups page. I'll have to come up with a good sob story though and figure out how to get the PB Cups shipped to the Garage.

Good morning Mr. Moose... How nice of you to be so concerned about the financial condition of the Garage's maintenance funding. As you are probably aware.... your consumption of peanut butter cups exceeds our current budget by 300%. I have taken the liberty of coming up with a funding solution that I believe... will please you.

the/moose/is/starving/please/help/.com/this/is/not/a scam/.com

You will be delighted to hear that I donated 2 dollars to get the ball rolling however once my Canadian dollar is converted into American funds... it works out to be about 50 cents. It's the thought that counts... right??? This little lamb is awfully fond of ewe.

And why would I be pulling the wool over your eyes? You look like you are covered all over in wool already in your pic. You pull the wool over your own eyes every time you blink! LOL Ewe know what I mean?

How silly of me... I got my wool in a knot... and it interfered with my vision. I have made an appointment with the sheerer for next week... so the problem will be fixed shortly. Thank you for your patience. Perhaps you can be my seeing eye moose for the week?

And why is Bob glaring at me every time he sits on his chair? Did somebody tell him I sat on his chair while he was gone?

Please don't tell Bob... but I think he's seeing WHALES... and it causes him to STARE. Do not pay any mind to this... it is a side-effect from the cruise and should wear out naturally over time. I assure you.... BOB does NOT know that you sat in his chair.

Perhaps you can be my seeing eye moose for the week?
1717966482050.png
A moose for the blind!
Please don't tell Bob... but I think he's seeing WHALES... and it causes him to STARE. Do not pay any mind to this... it is a side-effect from the cruise and should wear out naturally over time.
That would explain the strange noises he is making.
As you are probably aware.... your consumption of peanut butter cups exceeds our current budget by 300%.
About that. I was talking to the bear the other day, and he said that I should build up some reserves before winter hibernation. He made it sound like it was important, and he is old and I respect my elders......so it is a health issue.........and I'm proactively taking action in the fight against starvation.....umm, yes that about does it.

Good morning Mr. Moose... How nice of you to be so concerned about the financial condition of the Garage's maintenance funding. As you are probably aware.... your consumption of peanut butter cups exceeds our current budget by 300%. I have taken the liberty of coming up with a funding solution that I believe... will please you.

the/moose/is/starving/please/help/.com/this/is/not/a scam/.com

You will be delighted to hear that I donated 2 dollars to get the ball rolling however once my Canadian dollar is converted into American funds... it works out to be about 50 cents. It's the thought that counts... right??? This little lamb is awfully fond of ewe.

How silly of me... I got my wool in a knot... and it interfered with my vision. I have made an appointment with the sheerer for next week... so the problem will be fixed shortly. Thank you for your patience. Perhaps you can be my seeing eye moose for the week?

Please don't tell Bob... but I think he's seeing WHALES... and it causes him to STARE. Do not pay any mind to this... it is a side-effect from the cruise and should wear out naturally over time. I assure you.... BOB does NOT know that you sat in his chair.
View attachment 11022
A moose for the blind!

That would explain the strange noises he is making.

About that. I was talking to the bear the other day, and he said that I should build up some reserves before winter hibernation. He made it sound like it was important, and he is old and I respect my elders......so it is a health issue.........and I'm proactively taking action in the fight against starvation.....umm, yes that about does it.

Big Moose and In Awe of Him;

You both are killing me. lol!

During the cruise my wife asked if I had whales on my mind. I told her, YES! The country!

A moose for the blind!
Good morning Mr. Moose... Seeing as you are STUCK looking out the window... I'm thinking you maybe don't see too good... so I think I will "cancel" the inquiry about hiring you for the week as my "service Moose".
I must say.... I am so VERY impressed with your "attitude" about taking care of yourself... and ensuring that you are NOT a burden on others when it comes to food and nutrition. WAY to go Mr. Moose. After reading your post... I went to check the cupboards where your safe stash is supposed to be... and I thought you would want to know that... there is NOTHING.... NIL.... NADA.... NO WHERE to be found... NO peanut butter cups. We obviously have a bandit among us.
The snail family has been on holidays for the last two weeks... and Bob was on a cruise... I don't eat chocolate. Hmmmmm. My friends.... we have a mystery!!!! ( rolling eye balls ).

As for the noises Bob is making.... I think he is trying to learn WHALE.

Good morning and Happy Monday everyone...

Thought I would give a wee garden update... I cannot believe how a few flower pots can add such BEAUTY to a space. Everything is in full bloom and it's SPECTACULAR. I am so happy I decided to do this. As for the garden spot with limited sun... since I had so many tomato and pepper plants... I just decided to put them all in the garden and see what happens. In between I planted the flowers that I also started from seed. They are wild flowers so no idea what they are... It will be an element of SURPRISE. HA.

I discovered that it really does work to plant the end of a celery stub in the ground... I did the same with my cabbage and low and behold... I have celery and cabbage growing without a seed. AMAZING!!!!!!!

I have one cucumber plant growing... for some reason only one of about 8 seeds took... so I will put that in the garden also. So far... the critters have been kind... I have not noticed any damage on my plants..... YET.

Tomorrow is meal day for the Fire Department. Am making Shepherd's pie.... ( Mr. Moose suggested I make SHEEP pie He got the LOOK!!!! ).

I will be taking the summer off... and will resume my meals in September. It will work out perfectly as I will have three more platoons to cover... and then December... I will make a beautiful basket of baking.

The weather has been cool this last week. The wind has been high... and that makes it chilly. The lake has received a good shaking up. HA.

We are heading into Shadfly time. They will be here any time now... so no swimming for about two weeks... I am not into swimming in buggy waters. HAHA.... EWE.... HAHA.

So that is it for the quick update. I pray that everyone will have a week filled with much PEACE and GREAT JOY!

I discovered that it really does work to plant the end of a celery stub in the ground... I did the same with my cabbage and low and behold... I have celery and cabbage growing without a seed. AMAZING!!!!!!!

I have one cucumber plant growing... for some reason only one of about 8 seeds took... so I will put that in the garden also.
Good to know about the cabbage and celery. For the cucumber, if you started them as one seed alone like the tomatoes or peppers, that may be the reason. Cucumbers and squash plants like to take seed on a small mound of dirt, planting a circle of seeds around the top of the mound, 6 to 8 seeds in total. They don't take well in single seed containers.

Wednesday, June 12th, 2024

Good morning my wonderful forum family,

I cannot believe it's Wednesday already. I awoke to absolute peace and quiet and it's lovely. This always happens the day after I prepare my meal for the Fire Department. It goes from super busy to REST. I will be taking the summer off which is needed. I will resume making my meals in September.

The weather has been WEIRD this last week... we got a cold snap. On Monday it was 8 degrees and with the windchill... it felt like 2 degrees. I believe come the week-end... we will be back to the traditional HOT WEATHER.
To be honest... I will take the fall-like cool weather any day over those brutal hot days.

Cucumbers and squash plants like to take seed on a small mound of dirt, planting a circle of seeds around the top of the mound, 6 to 8 seeds in total. They don't take well in single seed containers.

It's very interesting to me how this phenomenon of "seed preference" plays out. I will keep that in mind for next year. The same thing happened to my corn on the cob... not ONE seed popped through. I just assumed it was the brand of seed I bought. We have a farm here that grows AWESOME corn and so at least I have that to rely on later on in the season.

Not much interesting to report. I am tired which also happens after I cook a large meal... so I am going to have a nice quiet day.

Not much of a journal entry... I debated just erasing it all but... life is like that sometimes. HA.

Golly gee.... GOSH.... JESUS is the BEST!!!!

Cool idea!!!! My landlord has pen pals all over the world... ( like seriously )... I just put together a 100 piece puzzle for him... He writes a note on the back of it... and then takes it apart and mails it.... WAY COOL!!!!!!!

and...... AND......
AND... Mr. Moose... my FAVORITE moose... LOOKIE what I got you.... along with a box FULL of your favourite treats. TODAY is be NICE to a MOOSE DAY!!!!!!!!!! OH my goodness.... Our resident Moose is going to be HAPPY!!!!!!!

1718206919167.png

Last edited:
Good morning my precious forum family.

Happy FRIDAY.... Another week-end is at our doorstep.
I've been thinking about obedience... several threads have come alive lately and that is so wonderful to see and read.

It seems that now that I have placed my sword down ( developed trust with some of the members here ) and thus been able to REST in the safety of the forums... I feel that my spirit is now teachable. I am thinking about topics I would not normally attempt to think about.... such as what it REALLY MEANS to be living a Christian life.

For so many years I felt like I needed to put my shield up due to the lies that were flying in my direction... that I stopped being teachable... and I shut down. I suppose I will always be WARY of others and I don't think that is a bad thing (especially in the times we are living in). However... I have noticed that the lies no longer intimidate and scare me. The only reason I can think of for this difference is that the HOLY WORD of GOD is beginning to penetrate the fibre of my being. The assurance of God's love is so AMAZING... and truly has HEALING PROPERTIES. I think I am just beginning phase 2 of my supernatural experience. I have had 3 full years to absorb the JOY that has filled my soul. I am convinced that it is here to stay and not just a fluke or temporary reprieve. I have learned how to feed it with Thanksgiving and praise. I am so BLESSED.

As I reflect on what has been given to Me... my heart fills with such LOVE and PEACE. In a world that is so LOUD with CHAOS and HATRED.... this secret hiding place is where I have learned to stay and live for the most part. The discipline of really UNDERSTANDING need over want is absolutely FREEING. The gift of GRATITUDE for EVERYTHING that comes in my day is something I am learning to achieve with success.

It is such a comfort to know that when the noises of the world get too loud... I have a cottage of quiet peace that I can retreat to. It is available to me 24/7 and 365 days of the year. HOW BLESSED I am.

Good morning my precious forum family.

Happy FRIDAY.... Another week-end is at our doorstep.
I've been thinking about obedience... several threads have come alive lately and that is so wonderful to see and read.

It seems that now that I have placed my sword down ( developed trust with some of the members here ) and thus been able to REST in the safety of the forums... I feel that my spirit is now teachable. I am thinking about topics I would not normally attempt to think about.... such as what it REALLY MEANS to be living a Christian life.

For so many years I felt like I needed to put my shield up due to the lies that were flying in my direction... that I stopped being teachable... and I shut down. I suppose I will always be WARY of others and I don't think that is a bad thing (especially in the times we are living in). However... I have noticed that the lies no longer intimidate and scare me. The only reason I can think of for this difference is that the HOLY WORD of GOD is beginning to penetrate the fibre of my being. The assurance of God's love is so AMAZING... and truly has HEALING PROPERTIES. I think I am just beginning phase 2 of my supernatural experience. I have had 3 full years to absorb the JOY that has filled my soul. I am convinced that it is here to stay and not just a fluke or temporary reprieve. I have learned how to feed it with Thanksgiving and praise. I am so BLESSED.

As I reflect on what has been given to Me... my heart fills with such LOVE and PEACE. In a world that is so LOUD with CHAOS and HATRED.... this secret hiding place is where I have learned to stay and live for the most part. The discipline of really UNDERSTANDING need over want is absolutely FREEING. The gift of GRATITUDE for EVERYTHING that comes in my day is something I am learning to achieve with success.

It is such a comfort to know that when the noises of the world get too loud... I have a cottage of quiet peace that I can retreat to. It is available to me 24/7 and 365 days of the year. HOW BLESSED I am.

Good morning, In Awe of Him;

Its a blessing to read and know you fellowship at Christian Forum Site. Everyone who follows Jesus has an uplifting or encouraging word to offer another.

Alas, the lies and lack of trust will continue to exist, but knowing CFS is a place where one can enjoy refuge, peace and fellowship with one another each day is a blessing from God.

God bless you, In Awe of Him, and thank you for sharing from your garage. I wonder what other cool things are there?

Back