'The Hope of His Calling'

' ... The eyes of your understanding being enlightened;
that ye may know what is the hope of His calling,
and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, ... '

(Eph 1:18)

Hello there,
As a member of the Church which is 'His Body', the fullness of Him that filleth all in all (Eph. 1:22,23): I do not believe that I am also a member of the company called, 'The Bride'.

My hope is to be enjoyed, 'in heavenly places', in Christ Jesus (Eph. 1:3), and not in 'The New Jerusalem' which comes 'down' from above (Rev.21:2).

There are three spheres of blessing, and three callings to fill them, 'the earth' (Matt 5:5), 'Jerusalem which is above' (Gal.4:26) , and, 'in heavenly places' (Eph. 1:3). Filled by ' The Kingdom' (Matt. 6:10), 'The Bride' (Hebrews 11:9,10, 13-16; 12:22,23), and, ' The Body' (Eph. 1:3; 22,23 - the subject of the prison epistles).

Any thoughts to share?
In Christ Jesus
Chris (Complete)

'Ye see your calling, brethren.'

Last edited:

Hello there,
As a member of the Church which is 'His Body', the fullness of Him that filleth all in all (Eph. 1:22,23): I do not believe that I am also a member of the company called, 'The Bride'.

My hope is to be enjoyed, 'in heavenly places', in Christ Jesus (Eph. 1:3), and not in 'The New Jerusalem' which comes 'down' from above (Rev.21:2).

There are three spheres of blessing, and three callings to fill them, 'the earth' (Matt 5:5), 'Jerusalem which is above' (Gal.4:26) , and, 'in heavenly places' (Eph. 1:3). Filled by ' The Kingdom' (Matt. 6:10), 'The Bride' (Hebrews 11:9,10, 13-16; 12:22,23), and, ' The Body' (Eph. 1:3; 22,23 - the subject of the prison epistles).

Any thoughts to share?
In Christ Jesus
Chris (Complete)

If you are part of His Body you are part of Him known before the foundation of the world 'the Bride'.
There is a distinction between the church and His bride. The church which has to stand the white tbrone judgement administered by Christ and His Bride.
Scripture being perfect has types showing this such as in Joseph.

If you are part of His Body you are part of Him known before the foundation of the world 'the Bride'.
There is a distinction between the church and His bride. The church which has to stand the white tbrone judgement administered by Christ and His Bride.
Scripture being perfect has types showing this such as in Joseph.

Hello 2404,

Thank you for responding to my OP, as time passed, I thought no one was going to. :)

- I agree the members of the Church which is His Body were known before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4/1 Peter 1:20).
- I agree that there is a distinction between 'the Church' and 'His bride'.
- I do not agree that the Church which is His Body has to stand before the great white throne, for there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
- I do not agree that the Church which is His Body is the subject of the types of the Old Testament, for the mystery concerning it, was hid in God (Eph. 3:9), until revealed to Paul at the end of the Acts period, and made known in those epistles written by him from prison (Eph. Col. Phil, 1 & 2 Tim, Titus and Philemon)

In Christ Jesus
Chris (Complete)

Hi Chris,

It so does my heart good to read of the revelation that God has given you. I also believe what you have written. However as we know this revelation has yet to be understood across the Body of Christ. How did you come to know this? (If I may ask)

Marilyn.

Hello there,

Any thoughts to share?
In Christ Jesus
Chris (Complete)

The Lord is coming soon FOR His Bride he will then come WITH His Bride who will come down from HEAVEN.

"They who suffer WITH Him shall also reign with Him.
As the Lord now reigns in heaven so one day he will reign on earth .
As He now sits in His fathers throne in heaven so also then will he sit in his fathers throne on earth .
The cities the Bride will rule over are not in heaven but on earth .
The Jews will be the head of what ? The NATIONS on earth and will no l.onger be the tail of nations.
The Bride that will be made up from every tounge nation and tribe includign Jews but principally Gentiles is not then primarily of the Jews . But will be that body from the body that meets the Lord in the air BEFORE the salvation of the Jews (in a day) and before the manifestation of the antichrist etc.
For the Bride will be the body in which the Holy Spirit abides and is eevn now restraining the spirit of antichrist . Once she has gone to be with the the Lord "that where I am ye may be also" Then that restraint will be gone .
People are still saved after what is called the rapture but morte accurately should be called the translation of the Bride.
and primarily the Jews .
Those who were like the foolish virgins who were not recognisable as part of the Bride and were barred from the "MARRIAGE " will be tried and proved in the fires of that persecution that will come upon all who will not take the mark of the beast .
It is no use simply quotign that one verse as the be all and end all of the matter .For there are too many other verses that would and do contradict it or at the very least says there is more to the Bride fo Christ than not only what meets the eye but also what is in the main taught ;mistakenly.
The calling is that high calling of beign not only conformed to Christ But to be in the Bride .
We are made the scripturs say "kings and priests unto God"
A priest ministers in the temple made not with hands and a king is a king of what?
Yet the same calling that b hasd led us into the outer court and through the first curtain .Is the same calling that calls us into a deeper fellowship and service into the Holy place and another curtain.
In the outer court we walk by sight .
In the Holy place we walk by faith..

In Christ
gerald

Hi Chris,

It so does my heart good to read of the revelation that God has given you. I also believe what you have written. However as we know this revelation has yet to be understood across the Body of Christ. How did you come to know this? (If I may ask)

Marilyn.

Hi @Marilyn C,

We are told in (1 Peter 3:15) :-

'But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts:
and be ready always
to give an answer to every man that asketh you
a reason of the hope that is in you
with meekness and fear:'

Yet, I don't believe I have ever been asked this before. Thank you so much.

I shall be back soon, (GW).
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hi Chris,

Marilyn.
Hi @Marilyn,

I had an Evangelical background: but was introduced to a dispensational teaching ministry called, 'The Berean Publishing Trust', in my thirties, which is based at, 'The Chapel of the Opened Book,' of Wilson Street in London: and to the need to, ' rightly divide the Word of Truth ' (2 Tim. 2:15). This ministry can now be accessed online, http://www.bereanonline.org/

I, like the Bereans of Acts 17:11, 'received the word with all readiness of mind', and, 'searched the Scriptures,' to see, 'whether those things were so.' It was a process of discovery which thrilled my heart, Marilyn.

You are right when you say that few believers acknowledge the uniqueness of the truth concerning the Church which is His Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all, and it's glorious hope, as outlined in the OP.

How did you come into this truth, Marilyn?

In Christ Jesus
Our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited:
Hi @Marilyn,

I had an Evangelical background: but was introduced to a dispensational teaching ministry called, 'The Berean Publishing Trust', in my thirties, which is based at, 'The Chapel of the Opened Book,' of Wilson Street in London: and to the need to, ' rightly divide the Word of Truth ' (2 Tim. 2:15). This ministry can now be accessed online, http://www.bereanonline.org/

I, like the Bereans of Acts 17:11, 'received the word with all readiness of mind', and, 'searched the Scriptures,' to see, 'whether those things were so.' It was a process of discovery which thrilled my heart, Marilyn.

You are right when you say that few believers acknowledge the uniqueness of the truth concerning the Church which is His Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all, and it's glorious hope, as outlined in the OP.

How did you come into this truth, Marilyn?

In Christ Jesus
Our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

In your 30's. !!!! So that must mean that you are about 32 or 33 now!!

The Lord is coming soon FOR His Bride he will then come WITH His Bride who will come down from HEAVEN.

"They who suffer WITH Him shall also reign with Him.
As the Lord now reigns in heaven so one day he will reign on earth .
As He now sits in His fathers throne in heaven so also then will he sit in his fathers throne on earth .
The cities the Bride will rule over are not in heaven but on earth .
The Jews will be the head of what ? The NATIONS on earth and will no l.onger be the tail of nations.
The Bride that will be made up from every tounge nation and tribe includign Jews but principally Gentiles is not then primarily of the Jews . But will be that body from the body that meets the Lord in the air BEFORE the salvation of the Jews (in a day) and before the manifestation of the antichrist etc.
For the Bride will be the body in which the Holy Spirit abides and is eevn now restraining the spirit of antichrist . Once she has gone to be with the the Lord "that where I am ye may be also" Then that restraint will be gone .
People are still saved after what is called the rapture but morte accurately should be called the translation of the Bride.
and primarily the Jews .
Those who were like the foolish virgins who were not recognisable as part of the Bride and were barred from the "MARRIAGE " will be tried and proved in the fires of that persecution that will come upon all who will not take the mark of the beast .
It is no use simply quotign that one verse as the be all and end all of the matter .For there are too many other verses that would and do contradict it or at the very least says there is more to the Bride fo Christ than not only what meets the eye but also what is in the main taught ;mistakenly.
The calling is that high calling of beign not only conformed to Christ But to be in the Bride .
We are made the scripturs say "kings and priests unto God"
A priest ministers in the temple made not with hands and a king is a king of what?
Yet the same calling that b hasd led us into the outer court and through the first curtain .Is the same calling that calls us into a deeper fellowship and service into the Holy place and another curtain.
In the outer court we walk by sight .
In the Holy place we walk by faith..

In Christ
gerald
You said........."he Lord is coming soon FOR His Bride he will then come WITH His Bride who will come down from HEAVEN"

Question: How did the Bride get to heaven so that it can return with Jesus???

You said........."he Lord is coming soon FOR His Bride he will then come WITH His Bride who will come down from HEAVEN"

Question: How did the Bride get to heaven so that it can return with Jesus???

At what is called the rapture . For we shall meet the Lord in the air and then even as he ascended into heaven to so we will with him at the rapture

in Christ
gerald

Hi Complete,

How wonderful to read of how you came to the fullness of truth. For me I was brought up in the Apostolic Church here in Australia. This group came out of the Welsh revival & taught the Headship of Christ & the eternal purposes. It is a wonderful revelation & exalts the Lord to the highest place, as you would know.

We mentor people here in Australia & many are coming to know of God`s eternal purposes in Christ for the different groups.

Blessings, Marilyn.

Also, just looked up the `Berean Publishing Trust,` & am so looking forward to reading their material. What a wealth of wisdom of God`s word.

Thank you Chris for the link.

Marilyn.

Also, just looked up the `Berean Publishing Trust,` & am so looking forward to reading their material. What a wealth of wisdom of God`s word.

Thank you Chris for the link.

Marilyn.

The 'material' which you mention, is not available on site there to read, but only to order in book or audio form. However, it can be accessed at:www.bibleunderstanding.com, for free download, in PDF format, and also can be listened to through the audio service there.

I appreciate your encouragement,
In Christ Jesus
Our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.

Chris

Hello there,

Any thoughts to share?
In Christ Jesus
Chris (Complete)

Hello @geralduk, and @Major,

I rejoice in the knowledge of Christ Jesus, the Head of the Church which is His Body: and in the hope which accompanies it; which is in heavenly places, in Christ Jesus.

I rejoice in it's uniqueness, which sets it apart from all that came before it, in the epistles of Paul, written before God gave him this revelation concerning the dispensation, or fellowship, of the mystery, which was 'hid' in God until the moment of it's revelation to Paul while in prison at Rome.

I rejoice too, in the uniqueness of the blessings which belong to the Church which is His Body, which are 'all spiritual blessings', found in Christ Jesus, and enjoyed in anticipation now, but entered into fully, finally, in Heavenly places in Christ, in resurrection glory.

I stand by the statements of the Opening Post, and glory in that revelation, though it does not comply with your understanding concerning what comprises the Body, or the Bride.

I praise Him for the sevenfold unity, which is ours in Christ, and which we are to keep (Eph. 4:1-7)

'Till we all come in the unity of the faith,
and of the knowledge of the Son of God,
unto a perfect man,
unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
That we henceforth be no more children,
tossed to and fro,
and carried about with every wind of doctrine,
by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness,
whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
But speaking the truth in love,
may grow up into Him in all things,
which is the head, even Christ:
From whom the whole body fitly joined together
and compacted by that which every joint supplieth,
according to the effectual working in the measure of every part,
maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.'

(Eph. 4:13-16)

May we abide faithful.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Hello @geralduk, and @Major,

I rejoice in the knowledge of Christ Jesus, the Head of the Church which is His Body: and in the hope which accompanies it; which is in heavenly places, in Christ Jesus.

I rejoice in it's uniqueness, which sets it apart from all that came before it, in the epistles of Paul, written before God gave him this revelation concerning the dispensation, or fellowship, of the mystery, which was 'hid' in God until the moment of it's revelation to Paul while in prison at Rome.

I rejoice too, in the uniqueness of the blessings which belong to the Church which is His Body, which are 'all spiritual blessings', found in Christ Jesus, and enjoyed in anticipation now, but entered into fully, finally, in Heavenly places in Christ, in resurrection glory.

I stand by the statements of the Opening Post, and glory in that revelation, though it does not comply with your understanding concerning what comprises the Body, or the Bride.

I praise Him for the sevenfold unity, which is ours in Christ, and which we are to keep (Eph. 4:1-7)

'Till we all come in the unity of the faith,
and of the knowledge of the Son of God,
unto a perfect man,
unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
That we henceforth be no more children,
tossed to and fro,
and carried about with every wind of doctrine,
by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness,
whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
But speaking the truth in love,
may grow up into Him in all things,
which is the head, even Christ:
From whom the whole body fitly joined together
and compacted by that which every joint supplieth,
according to the effectual working in the measure of every part,
maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.'

(Eph. 4:13-16)

May we abide faithful.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

I understand your belief! The acceptance or rejection of the Rapture does or should not divide anyone.

Hello 2404,

Thank you for responding to my OP, as time passed, I thought no one was going to. :)

- I agree the members of the Church which is His Body were known before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4/1 Peter 1:20).
- I agree that there is a distinction between 'the Church' and 'His bride'.
- I do not agree that the Church which is His Body has to stand before the great white throne, for there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
- I do not agree that the Church which is His Body is the subject of the types of the Old Testament, for the mystery concerning it, was hid in God (Eph. 3:9), until revealed to Paul at the end of the Acts period, and made known in those epistles written by him from prison (Eph. Col. Phil, 1 & 2 Tim, Titus and Philemon)

In Christ Jesus
Chris (Complete)

In response to............" I do not agree that the Church which is His Body has to stand before the great white throne, for there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

Revelation 20:11–15 ...............
"Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Daniel 7:9-10 ..............
"As I looked, thrones were placed, and the Ancient of Days took his seat; his clothing was white as snow, and the hair of his head like pure wool; his throne was fiery flames; its wheels were burning fire. A stream of fire issued and came out from before him; a thousand thousands served him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him; the court sat in judgment, and the books were opened".

Believers in Christ escape the Great White Throne Judgment because their debts and transgressions have been paid for by Christ, a fact that Paul mentions in Colossians 2:13-14...........
"And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the un-circumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross".

My understanding is that the "Great White Throne" judgment is for un-believers NOT believers.

Hebrews 9:27
"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"

Our status in the Lord Jesus determines how we will be judged. Immediately following the Rapture, the believer will stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ. The JCC is for believers but NOT for eternal life. That was already obtained by Christ and through our faith in Him.

2 Corinthians 5:10
"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things [done] in [his] body, according to that he hath done, whether [it be] good or bad."

It is there, that the resurrected and Raptured saints will receive rewards for the good works they performed while on earth. But, this is far different from what will happen to the unbeliever, who will appear before the Great White Throne Judgment at the end of the Millennium.

I understand your belief! The acceptance or rejection of the Rapture does or should not divide anyone.

The rapture is not the real issue . It is the nature ,character and disposition of the Bride.
If you do not believe that you will be or can be in tbe Bride then you will neither get ready or be ready for you have "disqualified yourself"
That the Bride is a body from the body does not mean that the Bride and the general church are 'divided' even as Peter james and John were not divided in the sense you mean but did in fact "go a little further" than the main body of the disciples.
The whole BODY is in the wonderful position of having the devil in subjected or can for he is under the Lords feet already and if then we are members of his body then even the humble little toe is 'above' the devil.
and the oil that was poured over Arrans head ran down not only his beard but was so overflowing it ran down all of him also.
So even as the scriptures speak of it the annointing abides .
Notwithstanding these things .
There are too many other scriptures both in the Old and New Testaments to show that the Bride is primarily made up of GENTILES not Jews. Though there will be some of every nation and tounge and tribe in it .
The bulk of the Jews will not be saved till AFTER the rapture and the time of the antichrist etc.
it is not then enough to be BORN again . it is enought o eb SAVED to be reconciled to God etc.
But it does not qualify us to be in the Bride .
John the Baptist only saw himself as the "FRIEND of the GROOM"! and he was a jew and according to the Lord the greatest among men born of a woman!
Even Paul who was also a Jew did not see himself as having WON the race I think eh only said FINSIHED IT .?

It is therefore important we get our focus correct and our aim straight .

in Christ
gerald

The rapture is not the real issue . It is the nature ,character and disposition of the Bride.
If you do not believe that you will be or can be in tbe Bride then you will neither get ready or be ready for you have "disqualified yourself"
That the Bride is a body from the body does not mean that the Bride and the general church are 'divided' even as Peter james and John were not divided in the sense you mean but did in fact "go a little further" than the main body of the disciples.
The whole BODY is in the wonderful position of having the devil in subjected or can for he is under the Lords feet already and if then we are members of his body then even the humble little toe is 'above' the devil.
and the oil that was poured over Arrans head ran down not only his beard but was so overflowing it ran down all of him also.
So even as the scriptures speak of it the annointing abides .
Notwithstanding these things .
There are too many other scriptures both in the Old and New Testaments to show that the Bride is primarily made up of GENTILES not Jews. Though there will be some of every nation and tounge and tribe in it .
The bulk of the Jews will not be saved till AFTER the rapture and the time of the antichrist etc.
it is not then enough to be BORN again . it is enought o eb SAVED to be reconciled to God etc.
But it does not qualify us to be in the Bride .
John the Baptist only saw himself as the "FRIEND of the GROOM"! and he was a jew and according to the Lord the greatest among men born of a woman!
Even Paul who was also a Jew did not see himself as having WON the race I think eh only said FINSIHED IT .?

It is therefore important we get our focus correct and our aim straight .

in Christ
gerald

So then you are saying that the Rapture is an essential of salvation! I thought that all that is required to be saved is belief in Christ dying for your sins and resurrected, defeating death and ascending to Heaven.

Back