THE INNER ROOM - "Learn and Grow - to Maturity". Please read the 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agabagalaga!

I don't know what that means - but it sounds good! lol

I don't know I just got so happy before I could get through the first few paragraphs on this page, I'll have to come back to it. It seems as if I'm so happy, and so out of this world right now that reading seems stupid or something I dunno. I'll be back, I gotta go drink something. I want to appreciate water again. BRB.

Wow, Mark, it's amazing that God is doing things like this on The Inner Room. But then it's HIS thread, so I guess He's allowed!! *chuckles into his beard!*

Ah, yes, WATER is GOOD!!! I love it so much that years ago I realised I was sort of a "water-a-holic". lol. Then I changed this and ever since have called myself a "hydraulic"! *hahahah*

FaithWoman and Bondman those are great!

I have to read this page now. I just need to catch my breath.

Take all the time you need, man! One of the things that's really great on this forum is the OPENNESS I find here. People are repsonsive to His truth in a way I've not struck in many a long year. It's plumb exciting for me I tell ya!

Blessings and blessings to every heart who visits this thread to seek for more of Jesus and more of understanding Him and what He wants of us and for us! That's a Hallelujah!!

- BM and his Lady-love

Thanks for rewriting that. I still have trouble finding how to make things different color and spaced out so easy to read.

Bonnie and Mark.. Have a super day! Your words encourage me as well!

Faithwoman
(Robin):)

GOOD NEWS!

Prayers for us by faithful Brothers and Sisters are beginning to bear fruit! WOW-EE!

Maybe our 6 months of computer trials and hardships which He enabled us to bear without 'grizzling', yet which have taken our illnesses to a new all-time low are a guidepost from God to all who dare to name the name of Christian. Good times or bad are inconsequential when you belong to the great God of this universe!! And if we persevere in prayer, never losing heart, or quitting, but BELIEVING that He hears every one, He will answer them in His time, the BEST time - AND the time that is ultimately right and best for US!!!

THIS IS NOW HAPPENING - AND HERE'S THE STORY!!!

The past 2-3 days have been quite amazing. God really is at work!! Jobs we've been waiting on others to do for some time all got done! We have the 1st of the new PC's working.

Then today we were talking together about the 3 used PC's that I need to finish setting up ready for selling on Ebay. We found that independently we've both been feeling the Lord saying to SIMPLY GIVE THEM AWAY - to bless a relative in real financial need who is a serious UNBELIEVER. A big step for us - well over a thousand dollars worth of computers that was going to leave us feeling quite exposed financially.

Nonetheless, we became certain that was what the Lord was saying to do. Just as we made this decision, the phone rang and we were promptly given a 2nd lot of money quite out of the blue, making 3 lots now that the Lord has given to us by miracle. We were rather stunned as you can imagine, and quite ecstatic to see what God can do!!!

The added blessing of course is that this takes away ALL further major work for me to do: I do not have to finish setting them up to sell, doing ALL the myriad of jobs I've previously written that were going to keep me flat-out and worn-out for many more months!!

SO THIS IS ALL AMAZING, AND OUR LORD HAS BEEN SO GRACIOUS TO US TO START LETTING US OFF THE HARDSHIPS WE'VE ENDURED UNBROKEN SINCE LAST SEPTEMBER. How can we POSSIBLY thank you for supporting us in prayer like you have!! PRAYER WORKS! It DOES!!! And we honour YOU for your faithfulness!

I do have a little more to do before our 2 computers are totally finished, but the pressure is OFF at last!!!

Please now pray for Ron and Wendy as we gift the computers to Ron to sell. I'll take the opportunity to try and build a relationship with them, and to share the Gospel with them (that's how we have to do it here in Australia). They surely do both need it! Can we pray one or both of them into the Kingdom?!! (I'll keep you posted.) THANKYOU!!

We so love you guys!!!

- BM and his Lady

Tears of Joy

God is so awesome! Thank you Jesus! Thank you for the answered prayers for Bondman and the Mrs! Dear Jesus, we love you and praise you! All honor and glory to you!

Robin:)

A Test of Faith

Ok it is late as usual here in this slumbery town of NY, but I need to share a quick message..

As many of you know, I have been seeking the Lord and wanting to become a Mature Christian. Many things have happened in my life in the last couple of months.

Through my obedience and acknowledging him in many ways, he has been blessing me with many things in my life, including a new job that will take me 2 1/2 hours from my daughter, will take me from my current friends, church and many more things. I had given notice at my job on March 12th.

Today after a meeting at the hospital, the CEO wanted to talk to me. He sat down to tell me of the value I bring to the facility and how they do not want to lose me (mind you, this comes after offsite meeting in regards to a software program the hospital spent a lot of money on and needs to be set up.. and who is a major part of that.. me.. they have had system for a year now and not utiizing it to full capacity.. after the meeting at another site yesterday, it came to fruition that the key player that they did not bring in on the front end.. and who can complete everything is leaving now in 13 days.. me.. He continued to tell me of my value to the organization and how they do not want to lose me , that they will not find another Robin and such.. He wanted me to sit down with the CFO to talk about staying, Told me I could create my own job there at facility and I would be reimbursed accordingly..

Ok.. so after I left the meeting, my emotions were flowing overtime..
I thought man.. I am of value.. now I am of value.. hmm if I stay here.. I do not have to worry about moving my apartment, I can stay closer to my daughter, if my relationshiop with my gentlemen friend does not work out I will be ok here,, I don't have to leave my church.. I don't have to this, this. this.. get the picture.. I would be "SAFE"..

Ok I bawled cried.. and such.. then I called one of my Pastors and explained the story.. wanting him to tell me what to do.. (now mind you I know he can show me and tell me.. God).. he explained God is not a God of confusion.. go to prayer Robin.. you have been doing that.. he will show you.

I came home.. cancled my college class.. prayed went to sleep and woke up.. to be reminded of some words...

Words from Bondman in regards to another issue in my life:

When we find ourselves in turmoil there can be a number of reasons why. However, an important one for the Believer to consider is this: am I failing to do something He's instructed me to, but which my flesh doesn't want to. Nothing is calculated to put us more into turmoil of soul and spirit than this! Furthermore we'll STAY in the turmoil (and it will inevitably get worse) until we DO what He's said to - no matter how hard, or how much the personal cost.

He is in the business of challenging us with tough decisions. Testing, testing, testing, to see the metal we are made of! Every victory we have in this way brings us closer to Him, and closer to who He is wanting to make us. This is a LONG and exciting journey. But the excitement is always tempered by the fact that it is NOT an easy one!!!

Then I was reminded of scripture:
Matthew 14: 22- 36

Jesus Walks on the Water

22Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. 23After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone, 24but the boat was already a considerable distance[a] from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.
25During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.
27But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."
28"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."
29"Come," he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"
31Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"
32And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God." 34When they had crossed over, they landed at Gennesaret. 35And when the men of that place recognized Jesus, they sent word to all the surrounding country. People brought all their sick to him 36and begged him to let the sick just touch the edge of his cloak, and all who touched him were healed.

Go to Part 2.. Test of Faith.

Robin

Tests of Faith Part 2

Ok so after reading Bondman's message and reading the scripture and praying I have come to belief that the offer coming back from my current facility is a Test from God..

You see I prayed so much about so many things about the new job.. God show me the path clear, from the first moment of God putting me on the plane to get to the interview with being number 68 out of 142 people and I got the last seat, from negative results for cervical cancer to so much more, he was really clearing the path for me..

Now the question God has for me.. What are you doing Robin? Had you not stepped out of the boat ( many areas of my life) and started to walk towards me? and then Robin.. you started to look down at the storms ( how am I ever going to get college done? how am I ever going to get all accomplished in my current job before I leave? how am I ever going to find a place to live, how am I ever going to get all packed, how am I going to be further from my job, what truly is going on in this relationship, is my car going to be stable for all and the list of storms goes on.. ) and now he says:

Take Courage.. It is I.. don't be afraid Robin.. He is reaching out to me..
and catching me.. You of little faith.. why did you doubt?

Oh Lord Jesus I say tonite, please forgive me for doubting, forgive me for fearing the storms. you are so mighty and powerful, you hold me continously.. just as you do now as I type, it is you typing Lord, for all I have is from you. I thank you Lord, for all the blessings you have given me, I will walk with you Lord.. I will continue to learn about you, I will continue to do your will Lord, not mine , but yours.. Lord please continue to be with me as you are each and every day.. Truly you are the Son of God.. as I go forth to a new land, a new land for me, but not for you Lord as you know all, I know that you will be with me and guide me and protect me. I thank you so much tonite Lord. I thank you for my friends here in the Forum. I thank you Lord for Bondman and his sharing of your love and your words. I thank you Lord for blessing Bondman and the Mrs with the gift of money that has helped them be able to not struggle so much. I thank you for the clarity you showed them in regards to giving the computers away and through their obedience you blessed them. I thank you for all you do for each and everyone of us here.. I look to you Lord as I go forth in the new dawn, that you continue to use me to do your will

Amen

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #36

FROM 'HERE' TO 'ETERNITY'

Ok so after reading Bondman's message and reading the scripture and praying I have come to belief that the offer coming back from my current facility is a Test from God.. - snip -

I look to you Lord as I go forth in the new dawn, that you continue to use me to do your will

Amen

Wow, the storms of the Christian life sure can be something, can't they! And here our dear, dear Sister has again experienced turmoil as she wrestled with God. This happens. This is part of our journey. It is not just for a man called Jacob in Genesis 32, nor necessarily for the same reason.

Jesus' sacrifice has brought us into a new and vital and DYNAMIC (constantly changing) relationship with God. There will be many different periods in our lives: Times of quietude and peace. Times of busyness and activity. Times of trial and hardship. And more. All of these are our portion as sons and daughters of the King.

We people of earth mostly don't like change. But the Believer must embrace it. Is this not scary? No need! JESUS IS OUR ROCK! We must NOT look for stability in ourselves or our lives here. Such does not reside in either! We have our stability every second of our life - as we REST IN HIM, SAFE AND SECURE ON THE ROCK!

But consider: do not unbelievers also have all the different periods in their lives just as we do? Indeed they do!! And to me, here is the tragedy - they experience them all to no effect. But we, Kingdom men and women, may, and certainly should ENSURE, that we experience them to much effect: to LEARN, to GROW, to DISCOVER more of Him, and most of all TO READY US FOR ETERNITY!

Sitting round on clouds playing harps? I think not!! We simply don't know what God has for us there. But when I read that we will judge... the world!... and more astonishing still, we shall judge... ANGELS!!!... 1 Corinthians Ch 6, v. 3. Gets you thinking, yes? Doesn't God have a plan for us HERE? Yes, and every piece of that is of GREAT IMPORTANCE! Yet we must consider that "here" is not for ever! It's eternity with the Lord that's our destination, ultimately that's where it's at - and there will be SO MUCH for us there!

Again, we're told little as to what, but it's sure gonna be exciting, challenging, and way way way past wonderful!! Get ready for our TRUE HOME, dear ones. This world and the things and events in it are NOT where we belong. We truly ARE just passing through. Use every moment, every experience, every day, as a process of learning and growing - to become more like our Jesus!!!

Heavenly blessings to all!

- BM with his Lady
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

QUESTIONS WELCOME!

hspace1.gif
]

Glory to God! HAllelujah! About the miracle for Bondman and His Lady! Glory to God! Hallelujah for the revelations given to Faithwoman, for her insights into her life! Glory to God! Hallelujah for Sweetsurrender and her close relationship to God!
Thank you, Lord, for this forum and this thread!

Bondman, I'm still waiting in anticipation to hearing of you and the mrs doing the jitterbug! Its coming!

Powerful message Bondman!
I got to get my color printer working to print these out! I have a book started with all your messages

We truly ARE just passing through. Use every moment, every experience, every day, as a process of learning and growing - to become more like our Jesus!!!

Amen!

Robin

Prayers Needed

Ok. add another wave to my little storm of life.

I had to go to the doctor today. They are now ordering an MRI to rule out a brain tumor.
They have to get authorization from my insurance company before I can be scheduled to have it. I only have 10 days left at my old job.

I know how mighty he is.. but I know also how powerful prayer is!

Thanks!
Robin

Ok. add another wave to my little storm of life.

I had to go to the doctor today. They are now ordering an MRI to rule out a brain tumor.
They have to get authorization from my insurance company before I can be scheduled to have it. I only have 10 days left at my old job.

I know how mighty he is.. but I know also how powerful prayer is!

Thanks!
Robin

Oh man!! PRAYING HARD!!!

Glory to God! HAllelujah! About the miracle for Bondman and His Lady! Glory to God! Hallelujah for the revelations given to Faithwoman, for her insights into her life! Glory to God! Hallelujah for Sweetsurrender and her close relationship to God!
Thank you, Lord, for this forum and this thread!

Bondman, I'm still waiting in anticipation to hearing of you and the mrs doing the jitterbug! Its coming!

Thankyou so much, sweetie!

I keep wondering if we should be taking lessons! *hehe*

Learning through Grief

The Lord also has us learn through grief. On Easter Sunday morning, a wonderful woman of our church went home to be with the Lord. Both her and her husband gave their lives totally to Christ.

At the viewing last nite he shared some words with me. Today at the funeral at the church he brought up his hymnal and shared one of their favorites with me. He told me these are words to live by my dear Robin. I copied the page and typed it up to share here:

TAKE MY LIFE AND LET IT BE

Take my life and let it be Consecrated Lord to Thee
Take my moments and my days, Let them flow in ceaseless praise

Take my hands and let them move At the impulse of the Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be Swift and beautiful for Thee

Take my voice and let me sing Always, only for my King
Take my lips and let them be Filled with messages from Thee

Take my silver and my gold, Not a mite would I withhold
Take my intellect and use Every power as Thou shalt choose

Take my will and make it Thine
It shall be no longer mine
Take my heart, it is Thine own
It shall be Thy royal throne

Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee

During the service he spoke and shared this:

Safely Home

I am home in Heaven, dear ones;
Oh so happy and so bright!
There is perfect joy and beauty
In this everlasting light

All the pain and grief is over
Every restless tossing passed
I am now at peace forever
Safely home in Heaven at last.

Did you wonder I so calmly
Trod the valley of the shade?
OH! but Jesus’ love illumined
Every dark and fearful glade

And He came Himself lto meet me
In that way so hard to tread:
And with Jesus’ arm to lean on
Could I have one doubt or dread?

Then you must not grieve so sorely
For I love you dearly still
Try to look beyond earth’s shadows,
Pray to trust our Father’s Will.

There is work still waiting for you,
So you must not idly stand
Do it now, while life remaineth-
You shall rest in Jesus’ land.

When that work is all completed
He will gently call you Home:
Oh, the rapture of that meting,
Oh, the joy to see you come!

He put me on his lap during the dinner and he looked at me, he said remember Robin it is his Will. There is still many that we need to witness to and lead them to be Saved. We need to get off our duffs and get this done!
He told me that when he first came to our church that he did not care for me and I was not one of his favorite people.
He heard me speek at a meeting. He stated I stood up and said I had 2 things to share. The first one you were done in 20 seconds, the second one I labored on for 20 minutes and he said he sat there and thought Oh boy.. Then as the years went on I went from me doing Angel Food to Angel Works. He said that he judged me on that first day, and that we cannot judge. He realized he was wrong and asked for forgiveness.

As I sat on this 80 year old man's lap , tears streaming down my face, I felt like it was God himself holding me. He turned my head towards him and said "Robin, It is the Lord's will. Never yours. Do not forget that.he is with you and will never leave you!

What a powerful day! I started the day with breakfast with the 24 year old gal that is struggling, then went to the funeral for Gretchen and spent time with her 85 year old husband.
Now I am mentally exhausted. What a emotional day! But what a continuing journey of life's lessons.

Have a great week-end
Robin
Thank you for your prayers.
Please keep them going:eek:

OH, Robin! How precious that was with that man! Precious!
I've sat in God's lap a couple of times. It was wonderful. Sometimes, all you can do is crawl up there and bawl.
crying.gif
And He loves on you and lets you cry it out. sigh. Isnt He wonderful? He knows the deepest parts of our hearts, the most painful of wounds, the darkest of our secrets. And He is the healer of our hearts, the consoler of our pains, and the revealer of our thoughts.
Dont you just love Him?
blushing.gif

Robin, it looks like you are being attacked, big time! There must be something coming that the enemy is trying to prevent you from doing or seeing. I'll step up my prayers for you. Please keep us posted, 'k?
kissingteddy.gif

Oh, change of subject....I am talking to a wonderful lady I have made friends with who happens to be a Seventh Day Adventist. We are talking about relationships with God and legalism. She says she is worried all the time that she wont "make it" to heaven. That there is constant doubt that she will get there, due to all the rules and regulations she has to keep up with. She feels like even unknown sin can keep you from the gates of heaven.
I am having difficulty finding the scriptures to help her. I'm not really sure just what to tell her.
Could someone give me a hand with this? Thank you!!!!
blowkiss.gif

Robin, it looks like you are being attacked, big time! There must be something coming that the enemy is trying to prevent you from doing or seeing. I'll step up my prayers for you. Please keep us posted,

Wow Fluffy! awesome thought.. the enemy most recently try to get me into big time confusion when my current employer CEO tried to talk to me into staying here at my current job.. and the enemy has worked big time into regards to even with all the blessings I have had most recently I felt a bit of depression going on and have found myself on the couch wanting to sleep alot.

Tonite I had dinner with an old neighbor of mine.. we were just going to grab a quick bite to eat.. but it was 4 hours spent over dinner and coffee. .only one alcoholic drink.. and all of the time talking about the Lord.. God showed me so much today! What I have really learned is that I will no longer live a Second rate life.. nope those days are gone. By being in his will.. I will always have the best! As a matter of fact, I really felt God gave me a super idea on a book to write for my daughter.. Yep got the title picked out! It is going to be about how for 46 years, I lived a life of Second rating until I truly found the Lord and started walking in his will. It is going to be an awesome book for her and who knows maybe for many more young gals!

As for your friend
She feels like even unknown sin can keep you from the gates of heaven.
I am having difficulty finding the scriptures to help her. I'm not really sure just what to tell her.

Thoughts off the top of my head.. first of all there is no such thing as unknown sin.. he knows all. Continue to share with her what you do know. You are awesome at that. God has given us all gifts. Continue to use those to the best of your ability. Speak from your heart. My friend and I were talking about the narrow path tonight and how even those who have claimed to be believers, may not make it.. If you watched the God tube video, it is an awesome 45 minute life awakening event. We are to give our whole selves and heart to him and we are to live in him. We are not to continue with our sinful nature desires. We are to work towards walking just like Jesus walked.

The thought I just had was a room full of students and the teacher asks a question and says how many of you know the answer and many many hands in the room go up.. now mind you many of them think they know the answer, but do they truly know it? have they studied it? Can they give a correct answer? kind of reminds me of our walk with Jesus.. many claim to be a believer but are they really? Are they really turning from the dark world and walking in the light? or are they just raising their hands in hope that the teacher of life will not call on them? Well he does call on each and every one of us.. there are many students of life that will not pass the grade.. they say they have faith and believe.. but do they live it each and every day.. or do they just claim to have faith and continue in the same ole same ole second rate of life?

It is 12:15 am and those are some rambling thoughts for now.. I must get some sleep.. Have a super day!

Fluffy, you should search the Net for Seventh Day Adventist info. When Ellen White started it as a sect, it was riddled with legalism, and members could never have assurance of salvation no matter how hard they tried. Because they have placed themselves under LAW, not GRACE! Still under the Old Covenant (Old Testament) not into the FREEDOM of the New Covenant (New Testament) How awful!

As I understand it, in more recent time part of this sect has got out into the light, throwing off many of the sect beliefs, and thus people in it CAN be gloriously saved! Ellen White's teachings need to be given up for this, and the person shown that it really IS salvation by faith alone! How about getting her to read selected messages of mine here. Numbers spell out that what Jesus did on the cross was COMPLETE - accept it, and you can be saved.

(I've always intended for my messages to be easier to check out. But you know what's been happening these last 6 months. Once it's all over, I WILL get to do this promise I made!)

And I'm about to do a Message that concerns very important things to do with this whole matter! Please see below.

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #37

NEW OR OLD TESTAMENT?? - Part 1

This contains very important information raised in Fluffy's post about her Seventh Day Adventist friend (above). SDA's are NOT the only ones who don't understand how the Old Testament/New Testament thing works. In their case it can prevent them from EVER having any ASSURANCE OF SALVATION at any time! - that's how serious this matter is!! So it's my earnest hope that this will be a help to MANY here, hopefully sweeping away an awful lot of cobwebs that have gotten into the church about this important matter!

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS

God set His people to keep these in OT times - and I'm sure we all agree they are GREAT commands indeed! Just one problem: you can't keep them (perfectly)! Not possible!! Think God didn't KNOW that?!! He gave them to His people, as much as commands to (try and) keep, as to show we human beings THAT WE'RE SO SINFUL WE CANNOT EVER HOPE TO KEEP THEM!! That is, to help CONVINCE/CONVICT us of sin!!! - without which not one single person can ever get saved!!!

Paul specifically deals with this MAJOR subject in Romans and Galatians (plus other places - very worthwhile to have a read straight thru Galatians after you've read this message! I'm just summarising, okay, or we'll be here all day! *smile*) Alright, if the Ten Commandments cannot be kept, where does that leave US? Answer: FORCED - if you will - to accept God's GRACE to save us!!

Fluffy and her friend have raised what I've said here over and over: we do NOT live in the OT now. Since Christ we all live in the NT, are under the NEW Covenant!! We are NOT under LAW any more, hallelujah!! We're under GRACE (God's totally undeserved love and favour!) And believe it or not, because of this, we are NOT under THE TEN COMMANDMENTS any more, as so many think!

To prove this for yourself, do a search through the NEW TESTAMENT to look for just one place where it says we must keep the Ten Commandments. Oh, before doing that, please note that in many places where the word "commandments" may appear in your translation of the Bible, in context in the Greek it's perfectly simple to show that this simply means "COMMANDS" - and is certainly NOT referring back to the Old Covenant Ten Commandments. FACT: you won't find the Ten Commandments in the NT.

Jesus was once queried about this very subject, and what did He immediately do? He summarised the Ten Commandments, reducing them down to just TWO - for us, and for the rest of time!!

Matthew Ch 22
35 Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”
37 Jesus said to him, " 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' "

In fact if you then look for actual 'commands' given to us in the NT, i.e., things God really has told us (since Christ) that we must do, you'll find that 9 of the 10 Ten Commandments HAVE come forward into the NT in one form or another. But one is missing. Bet you can't guess what it is!! The one missing is keeping the Sabbath, i.e., no work of any kind from Friday dusk to Saturday dusk, that good Jews still keep, and Seventh Day Adventists keep.

NO NEED, people! It's not in the New Testament as something God tells us to do!!! Rather we're told NOT to put ourselves back under LAW, okay! And of course Sunday has NEVER ever been the Sabbath. Rather it's the first day of the week when Jesus rose up from the dead. And nowhere are you commanded to do anything with it by God!

continued in Part 2...

- BM, with his Lady
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

QUESTIONS WELCOME!

hspace1.gif

Wow I didn't know that.

It makes it easier for people to imagine how to be a Christian if they know that.

Yea because if I died now I wouldn't necessarily be following all the commandments perfectly at this time, (Especially because I'm confused about "Keep the sabbath day holy") and then would go to hell. Pffft. Yea right. Those two commandments are more like it. Then people think they could break some of the ten commandments, BUT following those 2 commandments and loving the Lord with all your heart would make you turn from doing so.

So the more you know the more you will be called to do. And that will always be increasing if you're growing.

Wow I didn't know that.

It makes it easier for people to imagine how to be a Christian if they know that.

Yea because if I died now I wouldn't necessarily be following all the commandments perfectly at this time, (Especially because I'm confused about "Keep the sabbath day holy") and then would go to hell. Pffft. Yea right. Those two commandments are more like it. Then people think they could break some of the ten commandments, BUT following those 2 commandments and loving the Lord with all your heart would make you turn from doing so.

So the more you know the more you will be called to do. And that will always be increasing if you're growing.

Mark, I love how you said,

"Then people think they could break some of the ten commandments, BUT following those 2 commandments and loving the Lord with all your heart would make you turn from doing so."

Yep, that makes total sense to me. We're NOT any longer under L-A-W, LAW - "You MUST do this or go to hell!" Instead WE OBEY GOD (His commands and will) because WE LOVE GOD!!! (not cos we HAVE to as such). That's much better, isn't it?

And WHY do we LOVE HIM?

1 John Ch 4
19 We love Him because He first loved us.

That's the 'why'. HIM loving us came way ahead of us loving Him! We then also can CLEARLY SEE HOW, WHERE, and HOW MUCH He loved us - at CALVARY!!! WOW!!!....

Finally we can also CLEARLY SEE THE RESULTS OF HIS LOVE - we're TOTALLY FORGIVEN of EVERY SIN, FOREVER!!!

Works for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back