THE INNER ROOM - "Learn and Grow - to Maturity". Please read the 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ask in Jesus name mate ,he will help you.does exactly what he says.

Mate, been doin' that for a long time. A number of years ago now, after many years of daily serious praying, as I understood from Him at the time the Lord finally said my prayers were answered, and gave me a promise of total healing for me and my Beloved - but I had to wait for it, meantime just giving him thanksgiving. I have!

- BM

BlessingsBEUpon.gif

The Inner Room

PLEASE ALL READ!

Some CHANGES must be made (VERY reluctantly on my part!) to The Inner Room.

This is the 3rd forum I've had The IR on - and I learnt a pile from those previous experiences. The sad but very important one is what's just now started happening here. It's not a bad thing, just the opposite! But unfortunately it has consequences! What I'm referring to is that The IR is becoming, well, sort of too popular! - with the result that more and more are posting here.

Great thing, hey! I totally agree, cos I just love reading people's posts. And they often spark a new message for me to write - but I guess you've noticed that! *haha*

But here's what happens, what I called the consequence above. With too many daily posts on the thread, people begin to not be able to keep up! (Also becomes too much for me to keep up with.) They get bogged down trying to read them all, and many will begin to leave! Which obviously is contrary to the charge the Lord has placed upon me, which is to have a teaching thread where I can share with others, the things from the Word of God that He's taught me over the past 50 years.

Okay, some of you on The IR are now writing 'teaching' posts yourselves! - which is absolutely fantastic!! Others are writing of their real-life experiences. Don't you LOVE reading those! I sure do!! So am I trying to stifle any of these? NO, NO, NO!!!

So here's my suggestion. Fluffy and I go back a fair way. We've worked together and supported each other a fair ole time. And I dearly love her in the Lord Jesus!! Her Coffee House that she started before the IR is quite excellent! A wonderful place to sit and sip a cup of *insert preferred beverage here!* together, and share your life, needs, what you've learnt, whatever. People there will read and care and love you, just as here! I post there also, HERE!

Please DON'T leave me here bereft of company by all going there. Let's share, hey!! Fluf will welcome you in the Coffee House. I need a few to stay here with me - else it just becomes a thread of messages, and THAT'S not what the Lord or I want or need either!

Here are the New Guidelines so you can feel able to stay here, so that The Inner Room continues to be of help and blessing to many, just as it's done virtually from day one:

1. Primarily I post messages as the Lord gives them to me. That's how it works, and what the thread is for.

2. People read, learn - and maybe comment on them (i.e., on topic)

3. People also raise and/or ask about other matters which we can look at or pray about.

4. Posters, please 'self regulate' with this, i.e., look at how many posts, see if it looks like too many for the average visitor to read in a day, and regulate your posting accordingly. Thanks a bunch!

I've not done such Guidelines before, but hope and pray it will work out. EVERYONE, PLEASE DO NOT FEEL I'M CHASING ANYONE AWAY!! I'M NOT!!!

And if you post on Fluffy's thread PLEASE STILL DO COME AND READ THE LORD'S MESSAGES HERE!!! Read, Learn, Grow. That's what HE wants for us all.

"Lord, I continue to ask you to please bless every soul who visits The Inner Room! Speak to their minds first, then their hearts. Grow them, Lord, grow them to maturity in the Lord Jesus. Teach them YOUR ways. Continue to guide me as to what YOU want to say to all of us. Bless You! - for You truly are - OUR GOD!!!"

Love and hugs to you all!

- BM, with his Lady

I have an idea. I think it'll work great, it'll just take some work to get it set up. I wonder if it's practical...

What we do is have "The Inner Room" turn from a thread to a sub-forum.

Each topic that Bondman has posted and numbered becomes it's own thread, with the topic as the title. That thread is then used to discuss that topic.

Yes, we will soon have 50+ threads, but I think it will be easy that way they'll all be in their own little sub-forum - which is what "Clubs and Ministries" is for those who don't know the term.

Then there can also be a main Thread stickied at the top of this Inner Room sub-forum that can be called say "Inner Room General Discussion" and anything not related to one of the created topics/threads can be discussed there, as well as posts that may then become a new topic and have a thread made for them. Bondman if you are taking this on as your thing, it could be a rule that only you can create a new thread in the Inner Room Sub-forum.

The existing stuff here could either be left here and stickied as "The Old Inner Room" or something. Or it could be made into threads like suggested and organized. Accordingly.

There are a lot of posts that might not fit in a topic and being put in the IR discussion thread would be separated from the required text for them to make sense, so it might be better if this thread here become the "Inner Room Main Discussion" sticky mentioned. And the topics be left in here, but also coppied to their own thread for further discussion focused on that topic and people's walks in that area.

I know then, there's still lots to follow, but It can be done in your own time because the threads are smaller and dedicated to stay on the one particular topic.

Jeff?...

I have an idea. I think it'll work great, it'll just take some work to get it set up. I wonder if it's practical...

What we do is have "The Inner Room" turn from a thread to a sub-forum.

Each topic that Bondman has posted and numbered becomes it's own thread, with the topic as the title. That thread is then used to discuss that topic.

Yes, we will soon have 50+ threads, but I think it will be easy that way they'll all be in their own little sub-forum - which is what "Clubs and Ministries" is for those who don't know the term.

Then there can also be a main Thread stickied at the top of this Inner Room sub-forum that can be called say "Inner Room General Discussion" and anything not related to one of the created topics/threads can be discussed there, as well as posts that may then become a new topic and have a thread made for them. Bondman if you are taking this on as your thing, it could be a rule that only you can create a new thread in the Inner Room Sub-forum.

The existing stuff here could either be left here and stickied as "The Old Inner Room" or something. Or it could be made into threads like suggested and organized. Accordingly.

There are a lot of posts that might not fit in a topic and being put in the IR discussion thread would be separated from the required text for them to make sense, so it might be better if this thread here become the "Inner Room Main Discussion" sticky mentioned. And the topics be left in here, but also coppied to their own thread for further discussion focused on that topic and people's walks in that area.

I know then, there's still lots to follow, but It can be done in your own time because the threads are smaller and dedicated to stay on the one particular topic.

Jeff?...

Wow!! Mark you sure put a lot of time into that, and I feel it's well thought out. As you say a serious sub-forum within the forum. It probably could be made to work, and the idea is great. If I was a normal well and healthy person I suspect I'd right now be working with pencil and paper to see how it all fits together!

But unfortunately I'm not. Nor was I when on the other forums The Inner Room was on. Hence I've worked out the only way I've yet seen that can work for me (to not kill me!) but at the same time provide the platform for the Lord God to bring His truth to hearts and minds who feel what I term 'a desperate need' to grow in the Lord Jesus!

These I honour so highly! These I work here, while ill, to minister to a best I can. And if it's ever crossed your mind to wonder WHY is he still keeping going while that sick, the answer is that The IR is the LAST THING I will or would ever give up if I deteriorate even more.

Thanks so much, Mark!!

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #42

THINGS THAT GET A GIANT HOLD OF US

These may include:

.. Hurts, including and maybe especially from others
.. Upsets, ditto
.. Unfairness, ditto
.. Wrongs, ditto
.. Nastiness, ditto
.. and more.

NOTE: Hardships and things in life that we may be finding difficult to cope with are NOT part of this.**

I'm certain you've noticed how they seem to grab you and get a tight grip on you!

I'm certain you've noticed how they can be sooo hard to get out of!

And note that the WEAKER you are in SPIRIT and/or BODY the greater the hold they will have on you. Fact is you're simply that much more susceptible in this state, and must ask for prayer support from others who care, and love you.

Despite what many teach I do not believe this is the devil per se. HE gets used as the excuse for SO many things!! Oh sure, he WILL get as involved as he possibly can, but I have little doubt that:

The BASIS of this is our sinfulness, with these 3 things: the I, I, I of our lives *smile* - INSTEAD of the other good 3: Father God, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit. That is, it's part of OUR self-centeredness - which is in full swing in us when we're not properly connected with the FATHER, JESUS and the SPIRIT. And certainly it's never gonna be part of walking in the Spirit, that we all need to very seriously learn to do!!

I know of only one ANSWER to this awful 'stuff'. And even this answer we can find so incredibly hard, cos - and please check me out on this - often it seems like we don't really WANT to give it up and let it go, even though another part of us may DESPERATELY want to! Such is the battle within each one of us, between what the NT calls the old man of sin (the 'ME' that's still in us) and the new man that's been renewed by the Spirit (and is constantly BEING renewed, praise His name!)

THE ANSWER SEEMS ALL TOO SIMPLE: get down to prayer, and GIVE IT UP TO THE LORD! Yup, your inner man may say this is 'impossible'! But ya gotta do it anyway!! In faith, put it into HIS hands - and hey, don't take it back!! The very moment you manage to do this, you'll feel a great sense of relief steal over you. To me it can be an almost euphoric feeling!

So... give up, give in to God. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. No 'pity-parties'. Get back to the Lord and your relationship with Him! I have no doubt whatsoever that this is what He wants for you!

Blessings!

- BM, with his Lady
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

________

** Because almost all of these are things that God wants for you to experience, Hebrews Ch 12:5-11). These we accept from His loving hands determining to ENDURE them in HIS strength, that we may grow towards Spiritual MATURITY!

If the hardship is from Him then you should NOT feel like it's something that's got a HOLD of you that you want to throw off, and should, but for the moment cannot manage to!

EDIT! Feedback on this will be appreciated. I know how it works for me, but it may not be the same for you. Especially the matter of the separation of what God's sent to us to endure, as opposed to what we've allowed to 'GET' us, and must go to God for His help to get out of.

QUESTIONS WELCOME!

hspace1.gif

Thank you Bondman. "Don't take it back" is something I needed to hear. You wake up to a new morning and feel new fears for the day and for things to come, but you need to remember the time when you had faith and go back to that.

"Dont take it back" reminds me of a story a preacher told one time of a child with a broken toy. He gave the toy to the father to fix it, and because father was taking too long, or not doing it the way the child thought it should be done, he snatched it back.
How many times do we "give it to the Father" only to take it back because we are not getting the results WE want to see?:D

How many times do we "give it to the Father" only to take it back because we are not getting the results WE want to see?

Wow that has been me way to many times.. especially in certain areas of my life.. but as I learn to lean on him.. and work on not taking it back.. what a great feeling and experience.

Thanks for sharing on hurts Bondman!

Robin

Thank you Bondman. "Don't take it back" is something I needed to hear. You wake up to a new morning and feel new fears for the day and for things to come, but you need to remember the time when you had faith and go back to that.

"Dont take it back" reminds me of a story a preacher told one time of a child with a broken toy. He gave the toy to the father to fix it, and because father was taking too long, or not doing it the way the child thought it should be done, he snatched it back.
How many times do we "give it to the Father" only to take it back because we are not getting the results WE want to see?:D

It's been very exciting over recent months to see the often small thoughts in a message that the Lord's given me - which will especially bless people. It's happened numbers of times. *whoo-hoo!!*

Also I want to share with you that the numbers reading the IR have increased from average approaching 40 per day to twice that, and a few times over 100 in a 24 hour period! (the 'record' is 160!)

Wow, that quite blows my brain!! - kind of leaves me speechless in surprise - but truly excites me to see the Lord's Word being received! Please thank Him! Please pray for all who come here each day, that we RESPOND to His truths!!

I ask the Lord to bless every bloomin' one of you, as we sometimes say here in Oz!!

- BM

ir-heading.gif

MESSAGE #43

GIVING, TAKING - and PATIENCE

Wow that has been me way to many times.. especially in certain areas of my life.. but as I learn to lean on him.. and work on not taking it back.. what a great feeling and experience.

Sorry, missed your post, hon! Yep, we have the saying, "give and take," don't we, but after giving something into the Lord's hands, taking it BACK is strictly verboten! YES!!

And as Fluffy commented in her story, we simply gotta learn that four-letter word "WAIT" - or maybe the LONGER word "PATIENCE", which the Holy Spirit can provide to us! God is simply NOT going to fix stuff up for us the very moment we ask Him. He is NOT our servant!! Rather we are His!!!

So it's give, then wait patienty - in faith - for His action or actions on our behalf. Please don't mistake me here: what you give to Him He HAS received! And He may immediately help you to leave it there with Him, but likely He will not. It's up to YOU to ensure you don't take it back!! And it's also likely that GOD will WAIT (He has NO trouble doing this!) - WHY? To see if we're gonna leave it with Him, or fail by taking it back! (This is Him TESTING you out, testing your Christian determination, okay!)

We can help ourselves here if we recognise this important truth: while WE are almost always in a hurry for things to happen, God NEVER is!!! That is, one of His middle names is "Patience" - and you may start a process of asking the Holy Spirit to give this to you if you wish (to become one of your middle names! *lol!*)

Galatians Ch 5
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

One aspect of the Fruit of the Spirit (singular - it's not fruits) is PATIENCE (or long-suffering). This can be YOURS - if you persist in prayer! Jesus speaking here:

Matthew Ch 7
7a Ask and keep on asking and it shall be given to you.

Just do it!! *smile*

- BM, with his Beloved
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

QUESTIONS WELCOME!

hspace1.gif

Hey where'd everyone go? Can't do this on my own. Need some of me helpers back! *cocks head on side - listens intently for footsteps...*

ir-heading.gif

MESSAGE #44

SOME PRAYER GUIDES - 1

These are primarily helps for Believers newer in the faith. But maybe we can all benefit from some of them...

INTRODUCTION:

Prayer can be very serious, but how I mostly find it is me and the Lord just chatting and sharing together. It does not need to be 'formal'. Like ensure we address Him first - as if He doesn't know we're about to talk to Him, or maybe it's to get His attention, *ahem!*; and say 'Amen' at the end of course - is this so He knows we're finished? *hmm...* And "in Jesus' name" obviously - which I'm no way saying is BAD, but is doing this always to remind Him or remind ourselves of this important truth?

Formalism is mostly so valueless and rather just empty form, which the NT says God is NOT fond of...

But please DO pray ALOUD whenever you can, i.e., moving your lips (soft or loud), rather than praying in your head - maybe you'll find this about 10 times more effective like I do! And for goodness sake, just TALK to Him as your God and your friend! Okay, let's get this show on the road:
"Lord, You know I really can't do this. Please help me!"

"I can't actually feel You here with me. But Your Word says You are, so I'm just gonna believe it. Thankyou, God!"

Quiet and heartfelt: "I trust You Lord!!" *this medication is to be taken daily, with our without water, as many times as possible. There are no known bad side effects - only good ones!*

Quiet and heartfelt: "Lord, I trust You!" *this medication is to be taken daily, with......* lol

"I'm SO sorry that I did that!! Please help me to do a LOT better next time. Thankyou SO MUCH for forgiving me!!! I sure don't deserve it..."

Heartfelt: "Thankyou, Lord!"

"You know I can't do this, and so do I! Need Your help, Lord, real bad!"

"Cos I know You're always with me, I don't have to feel so fearful any more!

"Jesus, it's confession time! I sinned against You - again. I'm SO sorry! I know the only way to get victory over this is to commit it to You. Please help me do this. And thankyou that I'm forgiven - and actually totally clean in Your sight! That's SO amazing!"

"You're actually with me right now! That's just mind-boggling!"

Profit and enjoy, my dear friends!

Part 2 is here.

- BM, with his Lady-love
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

QUESTIONS WELCOME!

hspace1.gif
]

jhbj.jpg

Man, if I had known this about prayer several years ago, I could have saved myself alot of heartache, confusion and trouble! ack! I had to learn the HARD way!
sFun_yoohoo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back