THE INNER ROOM - "Learn and Grow - to Maturity". Please read the 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waves back *sneakily!* lol

Hey BM and everyone else. I'm heading to bed I've reached the breaking point of my stress level...I was looking at some of the symptoms today a list of somewhere between 40-50 and I have been experiencing some 90% of them because of school, Brett's deployment, and other stuff. So I've finally got the chance to listen to my body and rest...so pray for a good nights restortive sleep and that I don't haev to get up with the storms that are moving through - I'm really not in the mood to deal with tornados.

Thanks for sharing about the praying! In helping a girlfriend of mine who is "on the fence" about God, I prayed with her one night.. yes it was one of those heavenly father prayers.. when I said Amen.. I went to pull my hands out hers and she said wait a minute... and then she started to pray... and she said God i feel Geeky.. I don't know how to do this and I told her just talk to him.. that is what he wants us to do.. so then we sat there for hour and half holding each other's hands and just talked to God.. it was awesome..

I agree with the part of praying out loud..it is so much more powerful.
I do that when I read scripture now as well.

Thanks for sharing Bondman

Robin

A long Life

Kings 3:10-14 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)

10 The Lord was pleased that Solomon had asked for this. 11 So God said to him, "Since you have asked for this and not for long life or wealth for yourself, nor have asked for the death of your enemies but for discernment in administering justice, 12 I will do what you have asked. I will give you a wise and discerning heart, so that there will never have been anyone like you, nor will there ever be. 13 Moreover, I will give you what you have not asked for—both riches and honor—so that in your lifetime you will have no equal among kings. 14 And if you walk in my ways and obey my statutes and commands as David your father did, I will give you a long life."

Wow imagine that! he will give us a long life! we just need to walk in his ways and obey the statues and commands.. I want to to his will and obey.. I want that long life! Don't you?

Robin

jhbj.jpg

Man, if I had known this about prayer several years ago, I could have saved myself alot of heartache, confusion and trouble! ack! I had to learn the HARD way!
sFun_yoohoo.gif

Just love that smiley, hon! Regarding learning the hard way, for a long time I've reckoned that I learnt plumb EVERYTHING the hard way! - AND that this begged the question as to whether I'm simply Spiritually dumb! Or at the very least 'slow'!

But whether or no, I seem to have finally 'made it' with a fair pile of His truths, so I guess it's all okay.

The other thing is that if you learn it 'the hard way', man, YOU SURE LEARN IT, hey! Which throws up another question I've often pondered. As I SO love teaching truth to others, one of the things in my mind is a most STRONG desire to 'save' them having to take the great pile of years that I did, learning most things the hard, long way. BUT... is this maybe the 'best' way?? *food for thought - bet you don't have a smiley for that!* lol

Hey BM and everyone else. I'm heading to bed I've reached the breaking point of my stress level...I was looking at some of the symptoms today a list of somewhere between 40-50 and I have been experiencing some 90% of them because of school, Brett's deployment, and other stuff. So I've finally got the chance to listen to my body and rest...so pray for a good nights restortive sleep and that I don't haev to get up with the storms that are moving through - I'm really not in the mood to deal with tornados.

Hey, Amanda! Great to see you here for more than a minute. *hehe* STRESS is a killer. Getting into stress breakdown is dreadful. *we know!* Took me ages to get to see this but my 'remedy' really works: giving things right INTO His mighty and loving hands - so that you're no longer carrying them - and then LEAVE THEM THERE!!

PLEASE try to do this, sweetie, so you don't implode or something! He CARES about you. He CARES about every problem you have. He's actually WAITING for you to give them to Him!! Truly!!!

Bless you heaps, and that man of yours!

- BM

Thanks for sharing about the praying! In helping a girlfriend of mine who is "on the fence" about God, I prayed with her one night.. yes it was one of those heavenly father prayers.. when I said Amen.. I went to pull my hands out hers and she said wait a minute... and then she started to pray... and she said God i feel Geeky.. I don't know how to do this and I told her just talk to him.. that is what he wants us to do.. so then we sat there for hour and half holding each other's hands and just talked to God.. it was awesome..

I agree with the part of praying out loud..it is so much more powerful.
I do that when I read scripture now as well.

Thanks for sharing Bondman

Robin

Wow-ee, do I ever love THAT story!!!

Here's the silly thing about this prayer matter. WE ALL KNOW HOW TO TALK, THEREFORE EVERYONE CAN PRAY!!! Yes, it can feel like it's a big deal, and in a major respect, it is. This is pure communication with the God of all creation, of all of heaven and earth - and He LETS us just talk to Him!! How astonishing is that!! Last time I tried to talk to the Queen of England (Ausralia's Queen) I failed. She didn't have time for lowly me! *hee!* But the God of Heaven ALWAYS has all the time in the world for me. AWESOME!!!

Praying

Thanx for the examples of prayer. It gets easier the closer I get to Heavenly Father. I realized I had such a hard time praying because I didn't truly think He loved me as much as He does. I know in my head it's true, but my heart has to connect somehow and that takes communication, I know. I also know I need to take it slower. Keeps getting better and better Lindsey! :)

Oh, just thought of an Edit to my reply to Faithwoman:

Robin, your post raised something I didn't address in my message (can't put 'everything' in, eh!) When praying WITH someone, and especially someone who doesn't know you, saying things like the expected 'Amen' is not only fine, but important. The other person needs to know 'you've finished'. Once you get to really know them - but not before - you could actually move towards "conversational prayer" if you want - I say something, you add to it, I build on that, or agree, or 'start' another idea - and so on. Silences are fine too - good time to listen for His still small voice within you!

Conversational prayer is GREAT with kids. They'll say, "Thankyou for helping me with school." You may say, "Yes, Lord." They'll say another sentence. It brings the whole thing into amazing reality, and teaches them just to 'chat' (and do this ALOUD!) with the Lord Jesus and our Heavenly Dad!

Thanx for the examples of prayer. It gets easier the closer I get to Heavenly Father. I realized I had such a hard time praying because I didn't truly think He loved me as much as He does. I know in my head it's true, but my heart has to connect somehow and that takes communication, I know. I also know I need to take it slower. Keeps getting better and better Lindsey! :)

I'll respond to this soon, hon, tho you'll probably be asleep by then. (My carer is here to bath me!) *splish, splash, splosh... gurgle, glub...!*

EDIT! It does indeed get easier as you persist in your quest of getting to know Him and getting His love into your head AND heart!

I've now written a message from this. Will put it up when He tells me to!

They'll say, "Thankyou for helping me with school." You may say, "Yes, Lord." They'll say another sentence. It brings the whole thing into amazing reality, and teaches them just to 'chat' (and do this ALOUD!) with the Lord Jesus and our Heavenly Dad!

Now I understand why these ladies at work, when we pray alot of them, will be constantly speaking such things as yes lord, oh please Jesus etc..

I always thought that was a little different.
have a super day!
Robin

Now I understand why these ladies at work, when we pray alot of them, will be constantly speaking such things as yes lord, oh please Jesus etc..

I always thought that was a little different.
have a super day!
Robin

Just a tad I imagine... *sends Robin to sit in the corner till she can learn to behave*

Wow imagine that! he will give us a long life! we just need to walk in his ways and obey the statues and commands.. I want to to his will and obey.. I want that long life! Don't you?

Ok I got an awesome lesson from God through Bondman and I thought it was important and I learned alot from a PM in regards to my previous post. I have asked him to share here if he sees fit..

Man.. oh.. man... I am really sitting in the corner tonite..

Robin:)

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #45

BE TEACHABLE!

I sure don't know everything! Nor, I submit, do you. *heavenly smile* So let's be open to what God's wanting to teach us. Be open to THE TRUTH, to New Truth - even if it conflicts with what you've been taught or currently believe!

We ALL think that what we believe at this very moment is RIGHT! But it ISN'T! - no matter how hard we've tried to get it right! Pride goes before a fall. You think all you believe is right? - God will soon show you otherwise! Before this happens, make a powerful decision for the remainder of your days to:

BECOME An Unashamed TRUTH-SEEKER!! Over a period of time this will obviously mean many CHANGES in what you believe. Be READY at all times to do this!!

(Personal Recommendation: I have been a Truth-Seeker for decades, and wow, this has enabled God to TEACH and to GROW me so much!)

Love!

- BM with his Beloved
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

hspace1.gif

I'm in the process of somewhat of a change in format of Bondman Messages.

So far I've done an Index so that:

.. you can click on the "Message Index" at the bottom of each message to view all the topics covered so far

.. click any you want to go to

.. and read.

Until I can find time to complete the whole job, to return to the Index you may have to go there manually. The Message Index is Post #2, right near the top of the very first page of the thread.

BECOME An Unashamed TRUTH-SEEKER!! Over a period of time this will obviously mean many CHANGES in what you believe. Be READY at all times to do this!!

Thanks Bondman. As I have learned and continue to learn, there is much to seek about the truth and I know we will continue to learn each and every day of our life. I will say that here has been changes in what I believe or should I say I am learning how to believe? As I shared before the relationship I had with God before in my life is totally different than what I had before. I can honestly say I truly do not think I really knew who he was. I am enjoying learning and I am thankful for your continuation of sharing and giving me that gentle prodding I need.
By the way, I started with the book of Matthew last night.

Thanks again!
Robin

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #46

GREAT NEWS!

A. The second quote below is an EXCELLENT example of previous Message #45 - of how to become a serious Truth-Seeker! Being OPEN to new truth! And of saying those 3 oh-so-difficult words: "I was wrong." What I now write is NOT meant to offend or hurt Robin, not one bit! She's given me permission to write this. I mean, we all make mistakes, right? The TRICK is to learn form them. My words here are so we can all learn something that she didn't realise, and so was getting wrong.

In the OLD TESTAMENT quote below, God is speaking personally to King Solomon:

Faithwoman said:
1 Kings Ch 3:14 And if you walk in my ways and obey my statutes and commands as David your father did, I will give you a long life."*

So what's the problem with the statement about a long life above? This is DOCTRINE, i.e., TRUTH which we need to have RIGHT as we possibly can! To establish any doctrine from the Old Testament - as a universal truth that is applicable to ALL OF OUR LIVES NOW, we must NEVER take something God was promising to just one person (Solomon in this case) and project this forward to make it apply to all of US TODAY! This is simply invalid and wrong. (b) Furthermore, we must be extraordinarily careful in taking any Old Testament statement of general truth, and applying THAT to our lives today!! In this instance also quite invalid and wrong.

I can't BEG of you strongly enough to please TAKE THE GREATEST POSSIBLE CARE in applying OT verses and concepts to us today.

(As an aside, there IS an important way where God may use the OT to speak to you (mostly to more mature Christians) and give you specific guidance or information - which I will share with you sometime, including some of my own more amazing experiences.)

Ok I got an awesome lesson from God through Bondman and I thought it was important and I learned alot from a PM in regards to my previous post. I have asked him to share here if he sees fit..

Man.. oh.. man... I am really sitting in the corner tonite..

B. The first quote above is also an example of what I've said here over and over and over: since Jesus came, we live in the New Testament, NOT the Old Testament!!! I know you've maybe never been told this, BUT IT'S TRUE!!! Let's illustrate with a prime example:

OLD TESTAMENT To get your sins forgiven, you must buy a lamb without blemish to be a sacrifice to God, have it messily bleed, and it has to DIE! Then God will forgive your sin! But soon you'll need to do this again... and again... and again! Would you like to start doing this regularly!! Well it's in the Bible, isn't it, so shouldn't we be doing it?? - along with thousands of other OT commands of how God's special people, the Israelites were to live! NO, BECAUSE THESE ARE NOT FOR US!!

Why then did Almighty God institute this almost barbaric ritual for them? - He was teaching His people about the PERFECT LAMB OF GOD Who was to come - who John the Baptist said would take away the sins of the world.

Yes, our Lord Jesus had to bleed too - painfully in the extreme, and a great LOT of blood! - then He died, just like the OT lambs did!! HE DID THIS FOR US ALL!!!

AND SO ALL OF OUR SINS WERE THEN TOTALLY FORGIVEN BY GOD - PROVIDED, and ONLY provided, that we BELIEVE in Him, and COMMIT THE WHOLE OF OUR LIVES to this wonderful Jesus!!!

THAT'S THE GREATEST NEWS IT'S EVER POSSIBLE TO HEAR!!!

Love you guys!

- BM, with Mrs BM
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

hspace1.gif

What I now write is NOT meant to offend or hurt Robin, not one bit! She's given me permission to write this. I mean, we all make mistakes, right? The TRICK is to learn form them. My words here are so we can all learn something that she didn't realise, and so was getting wrong.

Amazingly enough, when I was going through self recovery of being in a relationship with an alcoholic, it was often said "We do not make mistakes, we learn lessons". I have learned many lessons in my life of 46 years. What is important is that I take the knowlege of those lessons ( not mistakes) and move forward in life and learn from them. Just as I continue to learn here and in my every day walk with the Lord. I think that by looking at them as lessons and not mistakes, puts a much more positive spin on all of it.

God Bless

A little struggle- need some enlightment

Good morning all
Bondman I was wondering when you have time, if you could share on something.
As I was sitting having my morning coffee this morning, I was looking around my apartment and seeing all of the "stuff". It is daunting looking at all the empty boxes. It is daunting to look at the walk in closet and the dressers and see all of the clothes etc.. I had to call the mover yesterday and he is coming next week to give me a quote on moving my belongings.
I have way to much "stuff" including furniture. I have a chair that use to sit in my grandmother's living room. I have an old Mason chair that use to sit on the front porch of the cottage that my great grandmother use to sit in. The list goes on and on.
As I sit here and think about a new place to live, I think about having to find an apartment that would fit my "stuff". You know so many people hang on to things to pass down to their children because it was in the family. Well I realize that the one and only thing I really need to pass down to my children, is the love and knowledge of living for the Lord.

As far as my clothes, with my new job I will need to wear "nicer" clothes. Alot of my clothers were from when I was bigger, which I can get rid of and will. As far as the smaller clothes, waiting for me to get into , those need to go.

The bottom line is that all of this "stuff" is not what is important in life. To many people base their value on material things. I was never a materialistic person. Everything here in my home, all furniture and stuff was given to me by family. (really everything I have in life is given to me by the Lord).

There is scripture I know somewhere about selling all possessions and following him. I really do think that now is a good time in my life to simply things. I am just being honest, there is a part of me that is struggling with that. I know there is scripture also about Do not worry for what you will eat, or wear etc. it relates to the birds.

Bottom line here , as I continue to learn about his love and how he wants my life to be, it is a changing of my mind and my daily living. Is it exciting? Yes! Is it easy. No..

Society here in America is way to focused on "stuff" in life. So can you help enlighten me on what a great way would be to get my heart in the right frame to really downsize the "stuff" in my life and continue to open up my heart more for the Lord?.

Comments are welcome from others as well

Thanks!
Robin

Good morning all
Bondman I was wondering when you have time, if you could share on something.
As I was sitting having my morning coffee this morning, I was looking around my apartment and seeing all of the "stuff". It is daunting looking at all the empty boxes. It is daunting to look at the walk in closet and the dressers and see all of the clothes etc.. I had to call the mover yesterday and he is coming next week to give me a quote on moving my belongings.
I have way to much "stuff" including furniture. I have a chair that use to sit in my grandmother's living room. I have an old Mason chair that use to sit on the front porch of the cottage that my great grandmother use to sit in. The list goes on and on.
As I sit here and think about a new place to live, I think about having to find an apartment that would fit my "stuff". You know so many people hang on to things to pass down to their children because it was in the family. Well I realize that the one and only thing I really need to pass down to my children, is the love and knowledge of living for the Lord.

As far as my clothes, with my new job I will need to wear "nicer" clothes. Alot of my clothers were from when I was bigger, which I can get rid of and will. As far as the smaller clothes, waiting for me to get into , those need to go.

The bottom line is that all of this "stuff" is not what is important in life. To many people base their value on material things. I was never a materialistic person. Everything here in my home, all furniture and stuff was given to me by family. (really everything I have in life is given to me by the Lord).

There is scripture I know somewhere about selling all possessions and following him. I really do think that now is a good time in my life to simply things. I am just being honest, there is a part of me that is struggling with that. I know there is scripture also about Do not worry for what you will eat, or wear etc. it relates to the birds.

Bottom line here , as I continue to learn about his love and how he wants my life to be, it is a changing of my mind and my daily living. Is it exciting? Yes! Is it easy. No..

Society here in America is way to focused on "stuff" in life. So can you help enlighten me on what a great way would be to get my heart in the right frame to really downsize the "stuff" in my life and continue to open up my heart more for the Lord?.

Comments are welcome from others as well

Thanks!
Robin

This is very interesting. You need good clothes for your new job. We need things to live, don't we? That's not wrong is it?

I've written quite a bit about this. Does anyone have any thoughts? I'm very open to hear anything at all.

- BM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back