THE INNER ROOM - "Learn and Grow - to Maturity". Please read the 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm sitting or lying down, I like to close my eyes when I pray because it keeps me focused. If my eyes are open, I have a tendency to go 'off tangent' and wander off. (those dishes need to be washed...look at that floor!...what should I fix for dinner?)
But I also pray while working or driving and you should keep your eyes open when you do those things! ha! But its amazing how deeper I can get into prayer when my body is busy doing some kind of manual labor, and my mind is focused on Him.
And you are so right, Bondman! Informal is so much better!

Interesting! I wonder if females like to pray as they work more than males?

Cos God made you to be able to nicely multi-task (I suspect in order to be able to do half a dozen things at once with babies and children - or more!! *hehe*). Whereas we males he made us to be able to strongly and totally focus just on one thing - in the case of Australia's aboriginals to catch that large kangaroo, so that babies, children, women and men could eat!

My best ever time of praying was when I had a MAJOR need for a VERY serious prayer-answer from the Lord. I walked up and down the footpath of a busy road nearby. There were no pedestrians ('cept me!), and much noise from the passing cars. This was where I first learnt the amazing POWER of praying aloud!!

I prayed ALOUD as I walked, 5 or 10 minutes West, then back East again, some days for a very long time indeed, as I PERSISTED in prayer till He would answer. And like Fluffy said, 'tis fairly important to keep ones eyes open in situations like this! - so I also learnt to easily pray with eyes open.

I was many long weeks on that one, and finally did get a clear (but quite unexpected) answer from the Lord as to what I should do (persistence always pays of with Him!) - thereby taking my life into a dramatically new direction without which I'd certainly not be here with all you wonderful guys! OUR GOD IS INDEED GOOD!!

- BM

:):)I agree remember to keep the eyes open at certain times. I took your advice today and practiced making sure I was chatting all the time.
People walking by me today probably thought I was some crazy woman!

Faithwoman

PS.
Happy Thanksgiving to all! I am leaving tomorrow to go to New Jersey.
My kids and parents are traveling in as well. I am so looking forward to it.
On Friday we are going into NY city to the Radio City Music Hall to see the Christmas show featuring the Rockettes. It is going to be great!

Please pray for me as when I come back I have an doctor's appointment as I have been having pain on the left side of neck and having alot of blurred vision lately.

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Oh and tomorrow one of my poems is getting featured on another site. how cool is that!

Hugs
Faithwoman

I still whisper when I pray. And sometimes, I cry so hard, I have to hold a kleenex over my nose and mouth so no will see my screwed up face. That's when I pray in church. Everyone else seems to be able to pray out loud and still concentrate. I can't concentrate when I hear someone else's prayer. When I pray, kneeling down by my bed, or a chair, I still whisper. I can think better that way. I'm sure God understands.

Hey, my little 18-year old mommy and her boyfriend invited us to her mom's house for Thanxgiving. I found out she has been to a lot of churches growing up. So, she knows more than me at least as far as Bible stories. But, I don't know if she ever got saved. Her mom is alcoholic and when Samantha was in 8th grade her dad and mum divorced. She hasn't been to church since then. Except for joining the Mormon church. That's where we met first. She quit though. She's such a sweetheart. Her boyfriend is a Catholic, but he doesn't know much about God. He just got out of jail for an assault charge his ex-girlfriend charged him with after she hit him with a lighter in the back of the head first, he turned around and slapped her. But, since I've been babysitting for their darling little girl, Emilirose (8 mos), we have all become really close. They asked me if I would be Emili's God Mother. So, this is an assignment I believe God gave me when I left my job at the Owl's Nest and took on the Head Start job.

I think I made a boo-boo, though. I took Samantha with me to a Christmas Tea someone invited me to at a church, and before we went in, she asked if I didn't mind if she had a smoke first. These formal kinds of things make me nervous also. She asked me if I wanted one, and I really did need one. So we smoked outside the church together. Real bonding, huh? :eek: She knows I used to smoke and just recently quit and I suppose she knew I needed one. Anyway, I slipped and I felt really guilty about it. I didn't tell anyone I smoked, did I? Well, I was afraid to because of Fluffy's thread on quitting, and I didn't think of it as being a sin, so I kept quiet. But, I sorta quit because of my health, and besides, I hated smelling like smoke all the time. I felt good about quitting, but I hope God understands that I just really was nervous about going to this tea thing. It helped relax me. I hope it doesn't harm my witness to Sam and Jered. I don't think it will.

I tend to ramble when I'm tired and I'm tired. Hope you all have a great Thanxgiving! Talk after. Sweets

Sweets,

We all fall short of the glory. Whatever you do , don't beat yourself up.
Keep working on it. As we have learned here, every day is another day to keep working on our walk with the Lord. Here is a scripture that a friend of mine shared with me. For to long , I have been feeling condemned over many things. Tomorrow, I once again put the patch on. I will be with my family and I do not smoke around them. This will be a good start for me. Congrats on you for quitting. The Lord does and will continue to break these bondages we all have. As our hearts continue to turn to him, he will show us those things that are not of him.

Our Victory in Christ

28And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

29For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;

30and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?

32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

33 Who will bring a charge against God's elect? God is the one who justifies;

34 who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us.

35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 Just as it is written,
"FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG;
WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED."

37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.

38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,

39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Hugs Faithwoman :)

I still whisper when I pray. And sometimes, I cry so hard, I have to hold a kleenex over my nose and mouth so no will see my screwed up face. That's when I pray in church. Everyone else seems to be able to pray out loud and still concentrate. I can't concentrate when I hear someone else's prayer. When I pray, kneeling down by my bed, or a chair, I still whisper. I can think better that way. I'm sure God understands.

Hey, my little 18-year old mommy and her boyfriend invited us to her mom's house for Thanxgiving. I found out she has been to a lot of churches growing up. So, she knows more than me at least as far as Bible stories. But, I don't know if she ever got saved. Her mom is alcoholic and when Samantha was in 8th grade her dad and mum divorced. She hasn't been to church since then. Except for joining the Mormon church. That's where we met first. She quit though. She's such a sweetheart. Her boyfriend is a Catholic, but he doesn't know much about God. He just got out of jail for an assault charge his ex-girlfriend charged him with after she hit him with a lighter in the back of the head first, he turned around and slapped her. But, since I've been babysitting for their darling little girl, Emilirose (8 mos), we have all become really close. They asked me if I would be Emili's God Mother. So, this is an assignment I believe God gave me when I left my job at the Owl's Nest and took on the Head Start job.

I think I made a boo-boo, though. I took Samantha with me to a Christmas Tea someone invited me to at a church, and before we went in, she asked if I didn't mind if she had a smoke first. These formal kinds of things make me nervous also. She asked me if I wanted one, and I really did need one. So we smoked outside the church together. Real bonding, huh? :eek: She knows I used to smoke and just recently quit and I suppose she knew I needed one. Anyway, I slipped and I felt really guilty about it. I didn't tell anyone I smoked, did I? Well, I was afraid to because of Fluffy's thread on quitting, and I didn't think of it as being a sin, so I kept quiet. But, I sorta quit because of my health, and besides, I hated smelling like smoke all the time. I felt good about quitting, but I hope God understands that I just really was nervous about going to this tea thing. It helped relax me. I hope it doesn't harm my witness to Sam and Jered. I don't think it will.

I tend to ramble when I'm tired and I'm tired. Hope you all have a great Thanxgiving! Talk after. Sweets

Sweets, please don't feel bad about crying OR whispering! I think both are GREAT! And I find it hard to pray too when someone else is praying aloud beside me - just can't concentrate.

It's wonderful what you're doing with your friend. I will pray for you and your friendship with her as you are a witness to her for the Lord - that she will truly find the Lord Jesus!

Sweets,

We all fall short of the glory. Whatever you do , don't beat yourself up.
Keep working on it. As we have learned here, every day is another day to keep working on our walk with the Lord. Here is a scripture that a friend of mine shared with me. For to long , I have been feeling condemned over many things. Tomorrow, I once again put the patch on. I will be with my family and I do not smoke around them. This will be a good start for me. Congrats on you for quitting. The Lord does and will continue to break these bondages we all have. As our hearts continue to turn to him, he will show us those things that are not of him.

Our Victory in Christ

28And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

29For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;

30and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?

32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

33 Who will bring a charge against God's elect? God is the one who justifies;

34 who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us.

35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 Just as it is written,
"FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG;
WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED."

37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.

38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,

39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Hugs Faithwoman :)

Great words and GREAT Scriptures! Verses 33 and 34 are clearly saying that GOD will NOT condemn us - as does Verse 1 of the same chapter (Romans 8).

Thus GUILT should NEVER be allowed to RUN OUR LIVES!!

Please click here for a Message where you can read a lot more about this MOST SERIOUS problem - AND it's Scriptural remedies!

Love you guys!

- BM

EDITED on Thursday 27th

:):)I agree remember to keep the eyes open at certain times. I took your advice today and practiced making sure I was chatting all the time.
People walking by me today probably thought I was some crazy woman!

Faithwoman

LET 'EM!! (If they don't belong to the Lord and pray also, then it anyone's crazy it's them!!) Well done, hon!

- BM

Thanx for the verses, FaithWoman! They were great!

BM, doesn't the feeling of guilt have to do with our conscience? I would love for what you said to be right, but my feelings are that God gave us a conscience and we are to listen to it like His still small voice. ??

I mean, I would love to not feel guilty. It's not such a good feeling, but I thought it was for a purpose. I had not felt guilt at all for smoking before. Then I read the comments on Fluffy's thread and started wondering if I should stop. In the Mormon church, of course I stopped smoking because I could not join if I still did, drinking too. But it became too hard and then I found out how wrong they were and I started again when I stopped going. I would never have found Christ, had not someone told me about this forum site. I was determined not to ever get involved in religion again.

I suppose you could be right, YOU ALWAYS ARE! :p

And you can do this as OFTEN as you need to, including the same sin - because He NEVER gets tired of this, NEVER!!!

I think this is where I am hoping mostly you are right because I do feel guilty for always going back to Him after repeating the same sin.
And it would be such a relief not to have that feeling. I guess I'm just wanting to discover that truth. Give me more on guilt, BM! Thanx, Sweets

ir-heading.gif
PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #143

THE VERY SERIOUS QUESTION OF GUILT

BM, doesn't the feeling of guilt have to do with our conscience? I would love for what you said to be right, but my feelings are that God gave us a conscience and we are to listen to it like His still small voice. ??

I mean, I would love to not feel guilty. It's not such a good feeling, but I thought it was for a purpose. I had not felt guilt at all for smoking before. Then I read the comments on Fluffy's thread and started wondering if I should stop. In the Mormon church, of course I stopped smoking because I could not join if I still did, drinking too. But it became too hard and then I found out how wrong they were and I started again when I stopped going. I would never have found Christ, had not someone told me about this forum site. I was determined not to ever get involved in religion again.

I suppose you could be right, YOU ALWAYS ARE! :p

And you can do this as OFTEN as you need to, including the same sin - because He NEVER gets tired of this, NEVER!!!

I think this is where I am hoping mostly you are right because I do feel guilty for always going back to Him after repeating the same sin.
And it would be such a relief not to have that feeling. I guess I'm just wanting to discover that truth. Give me more on guilt, BM! Thanx, Sweets

Above is one of the best posts I've seen in quite some time!!!

Let me start with what you said about me always being right! - I WISH!! I guess we all would like to be! But in this world it's simply not possible! If it "looks" like I'm always right, it's purely cos of my 7 decades on the planet learning things, and my life-time of EARNEST SEEKING for THE TRUTH (the whole truth, and nothing but the truth! *grin*)

Next I have edited my post as a result of your queries, with a link to click to come here. Because I can see that I didn't word that as well as I should have, and thus left you feeling unsure about the whole deal. Sorry!

Okay, let's now ask this very pertinent question using some of the words/concepts of my original post:

SO WHY DO WE ALLOW GUILT TO RUN OUR LIVES??? REMAINING RIDDLED WITH FEELINGS OF GUILT IS BANNED! This comes from THE PIT OF HELL!!! We are FULLY, COMPLETELY, UTTERLY FORGIVEN for ALL OF OUR SIN - PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE. Accepting this ASTONISHINGLY WONDERFUL TRUTH will help us to ALWAYS be free of GUILT!

There are TWO separate STEPS (or aspects) to consider if you're feeling GUILTY:

1. First, read this verse - (aloud if possible). Romans Ch 8:1 There is therefore NO condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus! There are other verses saying the same thing. The NEW TESTAMENT tells us 100% that we are NOT CONDEMNED!! So if we're NEVER under CONDEMNATION from God, then we should NEVER feel GUILT!! Sound right?

Yes, we most certainly DO need to be AWARE that we've done wrong. God can use our mind AND our CONSCIENCE to make us aware of our sin. BUT we SHOULD NOT let that take us into guilt feelings!! - please trust me that this is NOT what God wants for you!!! And the above truth: THAT GOD DOES NOT AND NEVER WILL CONDEMN THE CHRISTIAN BELIEVER will stop such feelings!! What GREAT news that is!!!

2. Second, if God makes you aware of sin, then you may want to go STRAIGHT to the Lord (do not pass go, do not collect $200 *hee*) and:

CONFESS YOUR SIN
REPENT OF IT ("My determination before you Lord, and with Your help, is NOT to do it again!")
THANK HIM FOR COMPLETELY FORGIVING YOU!!
Ask the Lord for the HELP OF HIS SPIRIT with any besetting sin that keeps grabbing you.

REJOICE: for in Christ you are CLEAN and you are FREE!!!

NOTE: You may need to go and makes things right with another if you've sinned against THEM.

3. Third, it is perfectly fine for you to go back to the Lord as OFTEN as you need to, including for the same sin! - because He NEVER gets tired of you doing what's in 2. above, NEVER!!! And sometimes I think that when WE FINALLY get sick and tired of doing this IS THE TIME WHEN WE'LL FINALLY GET DESPERATE ENOUGH TO GIVE UP THE SIN!!!

And should it be that doing this repeatedly ISN'T okay then CONSIDER THIS: if NOT then we're all in BIG TROUBLE, because there will be SIN in our lives that's NOT forgiven - and therefore we would be EXCLUDED from heaven (where NO SIN CAN EVER BE!!)

There's a wonderful clue about this 'repetition' matter in Jesus' answer to Peter in Matthew Ch 18:21 Then Peter came up to Him and said, Lord, how many times may my brother sin against me and I forgive him and let it go? [As many as] up to seven times? 22 Jesus answered him, I tell you, not up to seven times, but seventy times seven! In other words forgive others infinity times! So if we weak and sinful vessels are commanded to forgive over and over and over and over, HOW MUCH MORE do you think our HEAVENLY FATHER will forgive us over and over and over and over?!!! (YES, HE WILL!!!)

I'm rather unwell, and found this to be a difficult Message to get absolutely right. If anything is still unclear - or still seems not right - please do ask again! Thanks!

- BM, with his Lady
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

MAY HE GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH
AND GROW YOU TO MATURITY!

hspace1.gif

Thanx for the answer BM. So . . . I'm just gonna take it by faith that I never have to feel guilty. And, if I do, I'm going to know it comes from the Father of Lies, right? That's just so refreshing and freeing to know! When I was a Mormon, I always felt guilty cause I knew I could never live up to their standards and was always afraid I was not going to the Celestial Kingdom (Heaven). So, it's sorta hard to give that habit up.

I've been a Christian for about a year now, and I never heard that feeling guilty is a trip from satan. I wonder if everyone on the forum knows this? I think I'll run it past them. In a thread. I'll just take kinda a poll. I should have scripture for it though. I'll use the condemnation verse you gave.

What a freeing thought, that I never have to feel guilty again. I mean, I probably will if I have a wrong thought or something, but I know I can take it to God and He will forgive me. But I don't have to go around feeling guilty about anything anymore.

And the part you wrote about not asking forgiveness when you have sinned, and going to Hell because of it. I'll have to think about that one. I guess we must be sure we are not messing up on something so we can ask for forgiveness. But, like you said, Heavenly Father will show us if we are. Trust is a habit I must pick up! hehe.

Thanx for the answer BM. So . . . I'm just gonna take it by faith that I never have to feel guilty. And, if I do, I'm going to know it comes from the Father of Lies, right? That's just so refreshing and freeing to know! When I was a Mormon, I always felt guilty cause I knew I could never live up to their standards and was always afraid I was not going to the Celestial Kingdom (Heaven). So, it's sorta hard to give that habit up.

I understand. But from what you wrote above you've certainly 'got' what the NT says. Well done, sweetie!

I've been a Christian for about a year now, and I never heard that feeling guilty is a trip from satan. I wonder if everyone on the forum knows this? I think I'll run it past them. In a thread. I'll just take kinda a poll. I should have scripture for it though. I'll use the condemnation verse you gave.

Sadly you will find there are a LOT of people who don't know the Scriptural teachings about ALL THAT WE HAVE IN CHRIST according to the New Testament! *tears* Teachings that simply aren't being preached, and apparently aren't even known! Which is pretty shocking to me! And I believe THAT is precisely why God's called me to write Messages on The Inner Room, which I've now done on 3 different forums.

BTW I hope to write the next Message on the difference between Holy Spirit CONVICTION (God speaking to us, telling us what we've done wrong) and satan making us feel GUILTY!!

What a freeing thought, that I never have to feel guilty again. I mean, I probably will if I have a wrong thought or something, but I know I can take it to God and He will forgive me. But I don't have to go around feeling guilty about anything anymore.

You certainly do not need to experience any more guilt!!!

The Message I hope to do as above will hopefully finalise all the things we can experience in this whole important area. God WILL indeed tell you when you've sinned - but He WON'T EVER make you feel guilty! In fact I never feel guilt at all any more - isn't that absolutely stunning!! He is so, so, so GOOD to His kids!!!

And the part you wrote about not asking forgiveness when you have sinned, and going to Hell because of it.

I'm not clear about what you're saying here. Can you clarify please?

I'll have to think about that one. I guess we must be sure we are not messing up on something so we can ask for forgiveness. But, like you said, Heavenly Father will show us if we are. Trust is a habit I must pick up! hehe.

Yep, trust is a "growth" thing. We need to constantly be believing in the Lord that He WILL help us to have more and more and more FAITH in Him! You can pray for this, cos it's 1 of the 9 things in the Fruit of the Spirit which we all have - but each of the 9 aspects of the Fruit will be at different stages, and we CAN ask the Lord to make stronger any of them as needed. For example, I prayed for more PATIENCE for quite some time - and received it. But occasionally I'll still go back and pray again if I notice that I'm sinning via impatience. Our Christian life is a wonderful JOURNEY, hey!!

Bless you heaps, hon! You're only a Believer of one year, but because you're so DETERMINED to be totally His and to GROW, you've sure come a long way! Bless You for this, Lord Jesus!!!

- BM

I'm not clear about what you're saying here. Can you clarify please? You said: And should it be that doing this repeatedly ISN'T okay then CONSIDER THIS: if NOT then we're all in BIG TROUBLE, because there will be SIN in our lives that's NOT forgiven - and therefore we would be EXCLUDED from heaven (where NO SIN CAN EVER BE!!)

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, it's kinda scarey to know that if we still have sin in our lives that's NOT forgiven, we'd be excluded from heaven, where NO SIN CAN EVER BE!!

Someone told me if we are saved, then we will go to heaven period. We just would have to face judgement for our works or something. We wouldn't be judged at the same place those who have not accepted Christ would be judged. We will be judged on what we did for Christ and if the works they did go through the fire safely, they were accepted, if not, they will be burned up, but we would still go to heaven.

I'm confused.

Yep, trust is a "growth" thing. We need to constantly be believing in the Lord that He WILL help us to have more and more and more FAITH in Him! You can pray for this, cos it's 1 of the 9 things in the Fruit of the Spirit which we all have - but each of the 9 aspects of the Fruit will be at different stages, and we CAN ask the Lord to make stronger any of them as needed. For example, I prayed for more PATIENCE for quite some time - and received it. But occasionally I'll still go back and pray again if I notice that I'm sinning via impatience. Our Christian life is a wonderful JOURNEY, hey!! Hey! I didn't know impatience was a sin!

You mean we can pray for FAITH? So . . . we all have the 9 fruits of the Spirit? I think I need to study this.

Bless you heaps, hon! You're only a Believer of one year, but because you're so DETERMINED to be totally His and to GROW, you've sure come a long way! Bless You for this, Lord Jesus!!! Thanx, BM for all the encouragement. It means a whole lot to me you know?

If I may :)- Christians will be saved because of the imputed righteousness of Christ and on that basis alone. If we could miss heaven for one sin not even one of us would make the gate. As long as we have flesh we have weakness, the flesh is basically anti-christ in it's nature.
Faith is given to each person by God and the scriptures give us two ways to grow in it-
Faith cometh by hearing and that by the Word.
Praying in the Spirit building up yourselves in your most holy faith.

ir-heading.gif

PRACTICAL NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIANITY

MESSAGE #144

BEING FORGIVEN, HEAVEN, REWARDS, & MUCH MORE...

Sweets, I do SO love and enjoy talking to you about Christian things. You're so wonderfully OPEN, and so WANTING to know the truth. This is very special and quite lovely.

Hmm... we could end up with the colours of the rainbow here! I think I'm gonna try green...

Sweets said:
You said: And should it be that doing this repeatedly ISN'T okay then CONSIDER THIS: if NOT then we're all in BIG TROUBLE, because there will be SIN in our lives that's NOT forgiven - and therefore we would be EXCLUDED from heaven (where NO SIN CAN EVER BE!!)

Maybe would've been better if I'd left this out! All I was aiming to show from the Scriptures was that we can go to the Lord as often as we need to, to talk to Him about sin we've committed - and that He will never turn us away!!!

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, it's kinda scarey to know that if we still have sin in our lives that's NOT forgiven, we'd be excluded from heaven, where NO SIN CAN EVER BE!!
There's a difference between still BEING A SINNER (which everyone on EARTH is) and being a COMPLETELY FORGIVEN SINNER!!! (which (only) the true Believer is!!)

Even tho we will sin up to the day we die, WE WILL go to heaven, purely because all of our sin has been taken away via Jesus' sacrifice for us. But the unbeliever CANNOT go to heaven because all of his sin is still in him. Thus at the Judgement Throne (of Jesus) he is sent to Punishment. Matthew 25:31-46.

Someone told me if we are saved, then we will go to heaven period.
They were absolutely right! (And you may even have read this here in the IR! *hee!*)

We just would have to face judgement for our works or something. We wouldn't be judged at the same place those who have not accepted Christ would be judged. We will be judged on what we did for Christ and if the works they did go through the fire safely, they were accepted, if not, they will be burned up, but we would still go to heaven.

I'm confused.
1. No need to be confused, hon, cos you've got all of it really GOOD!! As I said above, a Christian Believer's sin is ALL forgiven, and we WILL go to heaven - END OF STORY!! Thus sin that we're commiting right now and every day of our lives - which includes the "falling short" sins where we FAIL to live up to God's perfect standard and that we're often not even aware of! - are ALL forgiven!! Glory to His Holy Name!!!

2. Correct. We get judged at the judgment seat of Christ, NOT on our sin cos that's all forgiven, but here it's all about our WORKS - whether good or bad! 2 Corinthians Ch 5:10 For we must all appear and be revealed as we are before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive [his pay] according to what he has done in the body, whether good or evil [considering what his purpose and motive have been, and what he has achieved, been busy with, and given himself and his attention to accomplishing].

Continued next post below...

... Continued from previous post

3. You also quoted from 1 Corinthians Ch 3:13-15 13 The work of each [one] will become [plainly, openly] known (shown for what it is); for the day [of Christ] will disclose and declare it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test and critically appraise the character and worth of the work each person has done. 14 If the work which any person has built on this Foundation (Jesus Christ), [if any product of his efforts whatever] survives [this test], he will get his reward. 15 But if any person's work is burned up [under the test], he will suffer the loss [of it all, losing his reward], though he himself will be saved, but only as [one who has passed] through fire.

So, GOOD WORKS = REWARDS!! BAD WORKS = LOSS OF REWARDS - he will still be saved and go to heaven: "but only as one who has passed through fire", i.e., it will be HARD for him to make it to heaven, but he will (just) make it, as if plucked at the last minute like brands out of the fire!!! SERIOUS STUFF!!! I've been known to call these "finger-nail" Christians, just hanging on by a nail to make it to heaven - AND THIS IS SO INCREDIBLY RISKY!! Why? Because WITHOUT any good works to help 'prove' you're a true Christian, you could be heading for HELL - but not know it!! Yikes, not for me, thanks!!!

Hey! I didn't know impatience was a sin!
I suspect mostly it would be. I get impatient with someone because they are holding me up. I may speak unlovingly to them, or just 'vibe' my disapproval to them. All SELFISH, SELF-CENTERED thoughts/feelings, and thus all SIN. In contrast, no matter how hard the situation is to handle: PATIENCE IS NOT SINFUL.

You mean we can pray for FAITH? So . . . we all have the 9 fruits of the Spirit? I think I need to study this.
We all receive the Holy Spirit at salvation. HE is Who changes us, changing us from DEATH to LIFE! He indwells us from then on according to Jesus' promise. John Ch 14:16-17 16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever-- 17 The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you.

Galatians Ch 5:22-23 22 But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faith, 23 Gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence). Against such things there is no law [that can bring a charge].

The Holy Spirit is IN YOU. He brings with Him the Fruit of the Spirit. One aspect of the Fruit is FAITH. And you may pray to the Lord to INCREASE YOUR FAITH!!! *Works for ME!!*

Bless you heaps, hon! You're only a Believer of one year, but because you're so DETERMINED to be totally His and to GROW, you've sure come a long way! Bless You for this, Lord Jesus!!! Thanx, BM for all the encouragement. It means a whole lot to me you know?
I do know!

Thank YOU, Sweets! May He continue to give you that THIRST you have for Jesus and His TRUTH!!

- BM, with his Love
ir-the-inner-room1.gif

MAY HE GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH
AND GROW YOU TO MATURITY!

hspace1.gif

If I may :)- Christians will be saved because of the imputed righteousness of Christ and on that basis alone. If we could miss heaven for one sin not even one of us would make the gate. As long as we have flesh we have weakness, the flesh is basically anti-christ in it's nature.
Faith is given to each person by God and the scriptures give us two ways to grow in it-
Faith cometh by hearing and that by the Word.
Praying in the Spirit building up yourselves in your most holy faith.

Oops, I didn't see your post, Bo. I've been workin' on the double post for hours, and just missed that you'd responded to Sweets. Oh, no wonder I missed it - I just saw that we were but 2 minutes apart!! *hee!*

I always loved the expression "the imputed righteousness of Christ"!! Kinda takes so much 'stress' off us, doesn't it?

This is just to put you on notice that I am going to be offline for awhile, studying in the Word. I will check in occassionally, but I need to hit the Books for a period of time. Thanx for all the good teaching. Hugz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back