The Love Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I have read every challenge so far, but I can’t say that I have conquered every challenge. I can, however, say that I have been strengthened and encouraged all the same. :)

I work in a very stressful place, but through this “Love Challenge” I have realized that the stress I feel at work is no one’s fault but my own. I let people get under my skin; even when they are not trying to get under my skin. :(

Because of past misunderstandings I have a tendency to be very suspicious of my coworkers. I am suspicious of their motives every time they ask me a question. I am suspicious that they are trying to take advantage of me in some way or get me in trouble. So, in defense of myself I let my mouth smart off, and it ends up making matters worse. :(

Well, believe it or not, since this “Love Challenge” began I have been biting my tongue, sitting back, and watching God pour out His blessings. Thank You Lord! :)

This “Love Challenge” has helped me open my eyes to the fact that I have not been truly loving God’s people the way He wants me to; no matter how irritating they may be at times.

This “Love Challenge” has helped me become more aware of what I’m going to say and make some love adjustments before I actually say it.

This “Love Challenge” has helped me become more aware of my faults instead of always focusing so much on the faults of others.

This “Love Challenge” has helped me become less jealous of what others have that I don’t have and more genuinely excited for the blessings that others do have.

This “Love Challenge” has helped me become more aware of what others need instead of always concentrating so much on what I need.

This “Love Challenge” has helped me become less resentful and more easily forgiving when others offend me.

This “Love Challenge” is very healthy for my soul.

All praise, honor, and glory goes to our Lord.

Okay, that covers challenge 1 through 26 so far for me.

What’s next on the agenda?

Or, hmmm, maybe I shouldn’t ask (?)
thinkikrk.gif

Okay, I have read every challenge so far, but I can’t say that I have conquered every challenge. I can, however, say that I have been strengthened and encouraged all the same. :)

I work in a very stressful place, but through this “Love Challenge” I have realized that the stress I feel at work is no one’s fault but my own. I let people get under my skin; even when they are not trying to get under my skin. :(

Because of past misunderstandings I have a tendency to be very suspicious of my coworkers. I am suspicious of their motives every time they ask me a question. I am suspicious that they are trying to take advantage of me in some way or get me in trouble. So, in defense of myself I let my mouth smart off, and it ends up making matters worse. :(

Well, believe it or not, since this “Love Challenge” began I have been biting my tongue, sitting back, and watching God pour out His blessings. Thank You Lord! :)

This “Love Challenge” has helped me open my eyes to the fact that I have not been truly loving God’s people the way He wants me to; no matter how irritating they may be at times.

This “Love Challenge” has helped me become more aware of what I’m going to say and make some love adjustments before I actually say it.

This “Love Challenge” has helped me become more aware of my faults instead of always focusing so much on the faults of others.

This “Love Challenge” has helped me become less jealous of what others have that I don’t have and more genuinely excited for the blessings that others do have.

This “Love Challenge” has helped me become more aware of what others need instead of always concentrating so much on what I need.

This “Love Challenge” has helped me become less resentful and more easily forgiving when others offend me.

This “Love Challenge” is very healthy for my soul.

All praise, honor, and glory goes to our Lord.

Okay, that covers challenge 1 through 26 so far for me.

What’s next on the agenda?

Or, hmmm, maybe I shouldn’t ask (?)
thinkikrk.gif

I am so very glad that you posted this. I am so very glad, thank You Jesus that you are seeing a change that God is working through you. Sister, thank you for taking this serious and coming back and sharing your thoughts on this.

Now, I had some challenges in some of these myself. But reading how you have applied these challenges to your job is fantastic. We can apply these challenges to people other than family and friends. We just don't know how our attitudes and responses to others affect other people. To be honest, this challenge was a blessing to me on my job the last few weeks. It had really gotten so bad that I had to have my very special sister Cheri pray for me many a day and keep me encourage to make it through. I thank God for her sooooooo much and for those prayers she sent up to God for me. There are some things in life that people do for you that you will never ever forget. If I left this forum today or tomorrow, I have that special time that when I really needed someone really bad she was there for me. I will always remember that and thank God for placing her here on this forum for me at that trying time.

I know God works through people to bless us. I know that when we seek God, we will find him. I also, know that if we apply these challenges to our daily lives, God will work a miracle. This is not only for our lives but for the people we come across. We don't know what challenges people go through every day; but our attitudes and language can make a complete difference in someone elses life.

Thank you so much for sharing this,

God bless,

Godbe4me

Godbe4me,

You are very welcome, and thank you for starting this incredible thread.

It is truly a blessing to me.

I agree with you. We never know who our lives and attitudes affect.

I remember a quote I heard or read somewhere. I hope I get it right . . .

"We may be only one person to the world, but we may also be the world to one person."

How true! How true!

hearttzyz.gif

Godbe4me,

You are very welcome, and thank you for starting this incredible thread.

It is truly a blessing to me.

I agree with you. We never know who our lives and attitudes affect.

I remember a quote I heard or read somewhere. I hope I get it right . . .

"We may be only one person to the world, but we may also be the world to one person."

How true! How true!

hearttzyz.gif

Well, there are 40 challenges. So, we still have a ways to go hehe. Thank you so much.

Love Challenge # 26

October 6th

Take time to pray through your areas of wrongdoing. Ask for God's forgiveness, then humble yourself enough to admit them to your spouse, family member, or friend. Do it sincerely and truthfully. Ask your spouse, family member, or friend for forgiveness as well. No matter how they respond, make sure you cover your responsibility in love. Even if they respond with criticism, accept it by receiving it as counsel.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Well, I did not have anything to confess to my husband. However, we did have a family member to come forth and ask for forgiveness. And when it happened, I thought about this challenge for today. I figured that it took a lot to say what was said but it had to come out. She got very good counsel from it and I pray that the advice was accepted with love.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Love Challenge # 27

Oct. 7th

Eliminate the poison of unrealistice expectations in your home. Think of one area where your spouse has told you you're expecting too much, and tell them you're sorry for being so hard on them about it. Promise them you'll seek to understand, and assure them of your unconditional love.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Love Challenge # 28

Oct. 8th

What is one of the greatest needs in your spouse, friend, or family member's life right now? Is there a need you could lift from their shoulders today by a daring act of sacrifice on your part? Whether the need is big or small, purpose to do what you can to meet the need.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Love Challenge # 29

Oct. 9th

Before you see your spouse, family member, or friend again today, pray for them by name and for their needs. Whether it comes easy for you or not, say "I love you," then express love to them in some tangible way. Go to God in prayer again, thanking Him for giving you the privilege of loving this one special person or special persons---unconditionally, the way He loves all of us.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Love Challenge # 30

Oct. 12th

Isolate one area of division in your marriage, family, or friend relationship, and look on today as a fresh opportunity to pray about it. Ask the Lord to reveal anything in your own heart that is threatening oneness with your spouse, family member, or friend. Pray that He would do the same for them. And if appropriate, discuss this matter openly, seeking God for unity.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Isolate one area of division in your marriage, family, or friend relationship, and look on today as a fresh opportunity to pray about it. Ask the Lord to reveal anything in your own heart that is threatening oneness with your spouse, family member, or friend. Pray that He would do the same for them. And if appropriate, discuss this matter openly, seeking God for unity

Wonderful one sis!
i have a need in each one of those, like many of us do. I will do this one today.
loves ya sis.

Love Challenge # 31

Oct. 14th

Is there a "leaving" issue you haven't been brave enough to conquer yet? Confess it to your spouse, family member, or friend today, and resolve to make it right. The oneness of your marriage or friendship is dependent upon it. Follow this with a commitment to your spouse, family member, or friend and to God to make your relationship top priority over every other human relationship.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Love Challenge # 32

Oct. 15th

Spouses Only

If at all possible, try to initiate an intimate time with your spouse today. Do this in a way that honors what your spouse has told you (or implied to you) about what they desire of you during your intimate time together. Ask God to make this enjoyable for both of you as well as a path to greater intimacy.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Love Challenge # 33

Oct. 16th

Recognize that your spouse or family member is integral to your future success. Let them know today that you desire to include them in your upcoming decisions, and that you need their perspective and counsel. If you have ignored their input in the past, admit your oversight and ask them to forgive you.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Love Challenge # 33

Oct. 16th

Recognize that your spouse or family member is integral to your future success. Let them know today that you desire to include them in your upcoming decisions, and that you need their perspective and counsel. If you have ignored their input in the past, admit your oversight and ask them to forgive you.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Wow! This is amazing! The Lord has been dealing with me about this very thing for a while. Yes, I can do this!

yes03vfv.gif
yes03vfv.gif
yes03vfv.gif

Love Challenge # 34

Oct. 20th

Find a specific, recent example when your spouse, family member, or friend demonstrated Christian character in a noticeable way. Verbally commend them for this at some point today.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Love Challenge # 35

Oct. 21st

Find a Christian mentor---someone who is a strong Christian and who will be honest and loving with you. If you feel that counseling is needed, then take the first step to set up an appointment. During this process, ask God to direct your decisions and discernment.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Love Challenge # 36

Oct. 22nd

Commit to reading the Bible every day. Find a devotional book or other resource that will give you some guidance. If your spouse, family member or friend is open it, see if they will commit to daily Bible reading with you. Begin submitting each area of your life to its guidance and start building on the rock.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back