The Love Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Challenge # 14

Sept. 18th

Purposefully neglect any activity you would normally do so you can spend quality time with your spouse, parent, children, friend, etc. Do something he or she would love to do or a project they'd really like to work on. Just be together.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Love Challenge # 14

Sept. 18th

Purposefully neglect any activity you would normally do so you can spend quality time with your spouse, parent, children, friend, etc. Do something he or she would love to do or a project they'd really like to work on. Just be together.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Well, we already do this. We are unable to do this everyday because of our schedules. But we do spend quality time together. We already share each others interest and hobbies.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Challenge # 15

Sept. 19th

Choose a way to show honor and respect to your spouse, parent(s), children, grandparent(s), friend, etc. that is above your normal routine. It may be holding the door for him/her. It might be putting his/her clothes away for them. It may be the way you listen and speak in your communication. Show your mate, family member or friend that he or she is highly esteemed in your eyes.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Challenge # 15

Sept. 19th

Choose a way to show honor and respect to your spouse, parent(s), children, grandparent(s), friend, etc. that is above your normal routine. It may be holding the door for him/her. It might be putting his/her clothes away for them. It may be the way you listen and speak in your communication. Show your mate, family member or friend that he or she is highly esteemed in your eyes.

God bless,

Godbe4me

I have actually been doing this one for a while.
God began to deal with me about this a few months ago.
I had a habit of looking around when someone is talking to me instead of looking them in the eye.
I would hear what they were saying, but I wasn't giving them my undivided attention.
Well, lately I've been giving people my undivided attention by looking them in the eye when they talk to me.
I'm not sure yet if it is doing for them, but I do know that it is making me more compassionate and understanding toward others.

angelwithw.gif

Challenge # 15

Sept. 19th

God bless,

Godbe4me

Well, today my husband had to work. He works ocassionally on weekends. This evening when he got home, he was so tired. So, this evening, I told him to get his clothes ready for tomorrow and I will iron them. I hate ironing. But I did it anyway. I put my feelings aside and thought of him being tired and knowing that he has to work tomorrow. He's off next weekend so I really look forward to spending time with him.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Love Challenge # 16

Sept. 21st

Begin praying today for your spouse, friend, children, parent(s), grandparent(s) etc. heart. Pray for three specific areas where you desire for God to work in your family or friend's life.

God bless,

Godbe4me:bow::bow:

Love Challenge # 16

Sept. 21st

Begin praying today for your spouse, friend, children, parent(s), grandparent(s) etc. heart. Pray for three specific areas where you desire for God to work in your family or friend's life.

God bless,

Godbe4me:bow::bow:

A prayer for my husband:

Father, I pray that You will be Lord over my husband's work. may be bring You into every aspect of it. Give him enough confidence in the gifts You've placed in him to be able to seek, find, and do good work. Open up doors of opportunity for him that no man can close.

Develop his skills so that they grow more valuable with each passing year. Show me what I can do to encourage him. I pray that his work will be established, secure, successful, satisfying, and financially rewarding.

Let him be like a tree planted by the stream of Your living water, which brings forth fruit in due season. May he never wither under pressure, but grow strong and prosper. Father, I thank you for blessing his work, our finances and his purpose. I ask and claim all these things in Jesus name...AMEN.

Pray sister pray....

Godbe4me:groupray::groupray:

Love Challenge # 17

Sept. 23rd

Determine to guard your mate, friend, family member etc. secret (unless they are dangerous to them or to you) and to pray for them. Talk with them, and resolve to demonstrate love in spite of these issues. Really listen to them when they share personal thoughts and struggles with you. Make them feel safe.

Sorry did not get this out yesterday everyone. I was very busy.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Thank you for these love challenges Sis. They really do make a difference, at least they have for us.

I hope you don't mind, but I came across these songs and am planning on playing them for my husband tonight. They say what I want to say to him.

I think it would be a good addition to the challenge and I hope you do to.

For those of you who have not found your soul mate and long to find them, the second song says "You're the one I prayed for so long", so it applies to you also. The Lord knows the desires of your heart. Stay in prayer and be patient. He hears you.

Blessings, Cheri

Tis love challenge strikes a nerve with me....however I will do it...I have just been on the reciving end of secrets and promises broken so many times...its hard to trust people much at all anymore.
But this challenge is not about me but about what I can do for some one else so i will focus on that fact instead.

Glowy

Love Challenge # 18

Sept. 24th

Prepare a special dinner at home, just for you and the person you are doing this journey with. The dinner can be as nice as you prefer. Focus this time on getting to know them better, perhaps in areas you've rarely talked about. Determine to make it an enjoyable evening for you and your spouse, mother, sibling, children, grandparents etc. Just make it special.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Love Challenge # 19

Sept. 25th

Look back over the Challenges from previous days. Were there some that seemed impossible to you? Have you realized your need for God to change your heart and to give you the ability to love? Ask Him to show you where you stand with Him, and ask for the strength and grace to settle your eternal destination.

God bless,

Godbe4me

There were some that challenged me Sis...like the one where I had to ask my hubby about three things that made him uncomfortable about me and not get upset by them.

He only had one and it was a challaenge not to defend my actions, but I realized what the purpose of the challenge was for. I accepted the constructive criticism and have been working on it.

I love these challenges and I don't think anyone could go wrong doing them.

The Lord has shown me many things through the challenges...all positive.

Thank you for posting them Sis.

Blessings, Cheri

Love Challenge # 19

Sept. 25th

Look back over the Challenges from previous days. Were there some that seemed impossible to you? Have you realized your need for God to change your heart and to give you the ability to love? Ask Him to show you where you stand with Him, and ask for the strength and grace to settle your eternal destination.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Well, none of these were impossible but as I look back, two of them were challenging. The first challenge to not say anything when they do something that makes you question what they do. And the other challenge was to ask them to tell you 3 things that irritates them. I realized that it wasn't bad and I didn't go into rages or fits. Nor, did I feel the need to defend myself although the responses weren't bad ones. Instead, when my husband stated that I keep it too cool in our home, I went and bought a small heater for the our bedroom for him. And, when I did not question the things he did, I found that he responded better to me. Although this journey is not done, I know that my husband and I have gotten closer, he talks waaaaayyyyy more than he use to. We always talked but now he talks about his dreams, what he wants for us, he now tells me about how his day went. Yes, I like these challenges and I love what it has done in my relationship with my husband so far. We've always been friends; but I look forward to seeing from God what's beyond being best friends.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Though I haven't posted a response to each challenge I have been challenged with each one.

I have learned a great deal about myself; some I like; some I don't like.

God is helping with the things I don't like, and I am praising Him for the things I do like.

blessyou.jpg

All!

Just to keep everyone update, I do not include challenges on the weekends.

So, spend time with you loved ones and remember the ones that we have done. We will resume on Monday.

God bless,

Godbe4me

This is such an awesome idea sis! It is very much worth a try, it is something we should all do, but i think we need to be reminded of how important it is. I am going to try this 2morrow and see how it goes.. i need prayer:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back