The Love Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Challenge #10

September 14, 2009

Do something out of the ordinary today for your spouse, parent, children, friend, etc--something that proves (to you and to them) that your love is based on your choice and nothing else. Wash her car. clean the kitchen. Buy his favorite dessert. Fold the laundry. Run an errand, take them out to the store to get some things they need. Do something that he/she would love. Demonstrate love to them for the sheer joy of being their partner in this relationship.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Love Challenge #10

September 14, 2009

Do something out of the ordinary today for your spouse, parent, children, friend, etc--something that proves (to you and to them) that your love is based on your choice and nothing else. Wash her car. clean the kitchen. Buy his favorite dessert. Fold the laundry. Run an errand, take them out to the store to get some things they need. Do something that he/she would love. Demonstrate love to them for the sheer joy of being their partner in this relationship.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Okay, today, I thought what could I do to show my husband that my love for him is based on my choice. Hmmmmm....what could I do???? So, God placed on my mind, "Love Challenge # 5" This is the one that we had to ask our husbands or etc to tell us 3 things that makes them uncomfortable or irritated. Then, I remembered he said that he gets a little irritated at how cold I keep it in our home. So, today, before I got home from work, I got him a small heater for the bedroom. That way, he has his heat and I don't have to bother the thermostat. The heat will not bother me on my side, it will all be on his side. Yeeeeesssssss!!!!!!! Learning to compromise is a wonderful thing. He is right now as I type, all cuddled up with that heater on his side. When he got in the bed he said, Yeeessssss, oh my goodness that heat feels good. I love the coolness and winter. My husband loves heat and summer. He is having happy camper dreams:D:D:D

God bless,

Godbe4me

that is so sweet:)

Ya know sis I think the Lord is taking your marriage to a new hight in this love challenge! And I think you and your husband are growing in your love for each other also through this..new levels sis!! Praise the Lord.

Yes, Praise God for new levels sister. I love when God takes us to new levels. And, yes, I agree, since I have started this "Love Challenge," we have become much closer and confide in each other more.

Love Challenge # 11

September 15, 2009

What need does your spouse, parent, children, grandparent(s), friend, etc. have that you could meet today? Can you run an errand? Clean a room? Give a back rub or prepare a meal? Is there housework you could help someone with? Choose a gesture that says, "I cherish you" and do it with a smile.

God bless,

Godbe4me

This love challenge is a wonderful idea Sis.

Thanks for reminding us of things we need to be doing to enrich our relationships.

Blessings, Cheri

Love Challenge # 11

September 15, 2009

What need does your spouse, parent, children, grandparent(s), friend, etc. have that you could meet today? Can you run an errand? Clean a room? Give a back rub or prepare a meal? Is there housework you could help someone with? Choose a gesture that says, "I cherish you" and do it with a smile.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Well, today was a minor setback for me. I thought about what I could do for my husband. He needed a belt; so I decided to stop by the store and pick one up for him on my way home from work. I was so tired today. I really did not feel like it but I did it anyway. When I got home, I noticed that he had been to the store. I wondered if he had picked up something for me. I gave him the belt and he kissed me. I asked if he bought me anything home from the store; like a juice, chips or something. He threw his hands up in the air and said, "Oh my goodness, baby, I did not get you anything. I just wasn't thinking."

My feelings was a little wounded. I had to go to myself and think. I did what I did because I wanted to; not for anything in return. I just had to pray about it. I know that it really bothered him because he just kept apologizing and hugging me. Well, I am not getting off this Love Challenge ship. I will see it to the end. I shall not be moved.... I guess you can't expect each day of this challenge to be successful. There is a learning process in this. Today, I feel that my lesson was to "understand."

Godbe4me

I have no husband and no children, but I do love people.

I love my family and my friends.

This week my godchild asked me to borrow some money to take care of something important. I did loan her the money just to have her give it back to me a couple of days later and say she didn't need it after all.

I held on to the check for a couple of days, and yesterday I decided to just give it to her as a gift. Not that I am anything special, but it really made me feel good about myself. It made me remember that God gives to us for no other reason that "just because He loves us."

Thank You God!

Love challenge . . . Wow!

Awesome thread! Thanks for bringing it to us godbe4me!

heartsjjj.gif

Love Challenge # 12

September 16, 2009

Demonstrate love by willingly choosing to give in to an area of disagreement between you and your spouse, children, grandparents, parents, friend, etc. Tell them you are putting their preference first.

God bless,

Godbe4me

This challenge has been taking place for a week.

My hubby wants to do something that I do not agree with for one of our children. I've given him my thoughts on the matter and we just have differing views about it. I decided that if it was going to affect him that deeply, that i needed to submit to his wishes, and I did. I still feel like it wasn't what we should have done, but seeing my hubby happy again, makes it all worth it.

Thank you for these challenges Sis.

Blessings, Cheri

I have no husband and no children, but I do love people.

I love my family and my friends.

This week my godchild asked me to borrow some money to take care of something important. I did loan her the money just to have her give it back to me a couple of days later and say she didn't need it after all.

I held on to the check for a couple of days, and yesterday I decided to just give it to her as a gift. Not that I am anything special, but it really made me feel good about myself. It made me remember that God gives to us for no other reason that "just because He loves us."

Thank You God!

Love challenge . . . Wow!

Awesome thread! Thanks for bringing it to us godbe4me!

heartsjjj.gif

That is wonderful and God will bless you. By the way, you are very special not only to us but to God Almighty. You are a child of the Most High King of Kings. YOU ARE SPECIAL...

This challenge has been taking place for a week.

My hubby wants to do something that I do not agree with for one of our children. I've given him my thoughts on the matter and we just have differing views about it. I decided that if it was going to affect him that deeply, that i needed to submit to his wishes, and I did. I still feel like it wasn't what we should have done, but seeing my hubby happy again, makes it all worth it.

Thank you for these challenges Sis.

Blessings, Cheri

Yes, sister, I know what you mean. God is teaching us to sometimes compromise, share, understand and not always have it our way. I am still learning that. And, with God in the middle of it, it doesn't seem to be like a fight of the will. We look at it as being obedient to God. God will bless you for your obedience.

Sometimes the Love Challenge will be a "Challenge":D:D:D

Love Challenge # 12

September 16, 2009

Demonstrate love by willingly choosing to give in to an area of disagreement between you and your spouse, children, grandparents, parents, friend, etc. Tell them you are putting their preference first.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Well, this one did not apply today. I was not put in a position to have to give in to an area of disagreement with my husband. But, when it happens, I will remember this.

God bless,

Godbe4me

I did this with my mom today when she came over to take care of me..she wanted to care for me her way and I wanted another way..but I gave in to her and told her that I will do it her way, she is my mom and she loves me.

I did this with my mom today when she came over to take care of me..she wanted to care for me her way and I wanted another way..but I gave in to her and told her that I will do it her way, she is my mom and she loves me.

That is wonderful sister, we all can learn something in this "Love Challenge"

Love Challenge # 13

Sept. 17, 2009

Talk with your spouse, parent(s), children, friend, etc about establishing healthy rules of engagement. If they are not ready for this, then write out your own personal rules to "fight" by. Resolve to abide by them when the next disagreement occurs.

God bless,

Godbe4me:):)

Love Challenge # 13

Sept. 17, 2009

Talk with your spouse, parent(s), children, friend, etc about establishing healthy rules of engagement. If they are not ready for this, then write out your own personal rules to "fight" by. Resolve to abide by them when the next disagreement occurs.

God bless,

Godbe4me:):)

Well this one, my husband and I established years ago. He does not like to argue and neither do I. When we disagree, he tells me how he feels, I tell him how I feel. We both are very respectful in the way we communicate this. We are firm but gentle. If I am too upset to talk or he is, we go to separate rooms until we calm down. Then, once we both have calmed down we talk about it and compromise. This works really well. Don't get me wrong, we have disagreements. But our motto is, "It's not what you say, it's how you say it." So. if we are too upset to communicate or we feel that the words may come out too harsh, we don't say anything until we have calmed down enough to say it with gentleness and love. Believe me it works!!!!! We have been doing this for over 10yrs now with absolutely no complaints.

God bless,

Godbe4me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back