The Occult

It seems to me as if there is more and more a trend towards the occult teachings? I see more and more folks who seem to be reaching into the unseen things and calling on spirits and using forms of witchcraft. I live in what some call the bible belt, so Im not able to see these things as others might? If anyone has any thoughts about why these things seem to be increasing (biblically or otherwise) I thought it would be a good conversation?

It seems to me as if there is more and more a trend towards the occult teachings? I see more and more folks who seem to be reaching into the unseen things and calling on spirits and using forms of witchcraft. I live in what some call the bible belt, so Im not able to see these things as others might? If anyone has any thoughts about why these things seem to be increasing (biblically or otherwise) I thought it would be a good conversation?
Because people are looking for God in the wrong places. I was in the occult once, not evil witchcraft, but more new agey type stuff.

Because people are looking for God in the wrong places. I was in the occult once, not evil witchcraft, but more new agey type stuff.
Yea maybe related to the searching that some have, but it seems to expanding in a way that suggest something more to me?

Yea maybe related to the searching that some have, but it seems to expanding in a way that suggest something more to me?
Well the internet and all the music stars promote it in symbolic ways that teenagers love to dig into to feel super smart and spiritual. Plus the further we dive into relativism the more "love" and "acceptance" we preach. People are hopping on board all sorts of crazy things, like yoga, the law of attraction, and meditation type stuff.

Well the internet and all the music stars promote it in symbolic ways that teenagers love to dig into to feel super smart and spiritual. Plus the further we dive into relativism the more "love" and "acceptance" we preach. People are hopping on board all sorts of crazy things, like yoga, the law of attraction, and meditation type stuff.
Well we don't reject the truth of God..to defeat error! That's what satan wants... If you are in relativism or don't understand the truth of God love, then don't try to limit those or us who do. The true gospel should not be sacrificed because some promote error!

The truth is that its those who teach law that cause the world to blaspheme God, because the world sees their hypocrisy!

Ro 2:22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

You might notice Cosmo, that I am the most ardent defender of grace on this forum, I am also the most ardent defender of Gods standards! I get bashed from both sides! Its because true grace is the only way that man can uphold Gods righteous standards!

I got into the occult because, like so many, religion not God, pushes you away. I got tired of all the hypocrisy in Church. Most all my pagan friends had similar stories.

You are right Waffle, thats what I was doing. I believed in psychics,astrology,new age,indigos,spirit guides..past lives you name it..
I knew there was something more to this world and I thought.. I could find it through the occult.

May be it is becoming easily accessible for common man more and more? Sometimes I wondered in this way.. We are seeing Gospel being available and accessible for people so easily these days.. With the exponential growth of media, Gospel is spreading so fast.. And evil is spreading at the same pace! Satan is using the same media to spread evil also.. As people are having more exposure to truth, they are also being exposed to evil.. It is always a choice a person has to take every day.. Between truth and evil.. Or may be it is the other way around.. As evil is spreading more and more, God is using the same medium to take the good news as well.. I don't know.. Just a thought..

You might notice Cosmo, that I am the most ardent defender of grace on this forum, I am also the most ardent defender of Gods standards! I get bashed from both sides! Its because true grace is the only way that man can uphold Gods righteous standards!

Now there are two of us!

There is a trend I see, especially among those who call themselves Christians on the internet, to embrace a little of this and a little of that of occultic thinking and practice, out of both ignorance and willfulness, and all that serves to do is to further pollute the Church and dilute the message of Christ. Such people need to be sharply dealt with.

From literature and from first hand experience I think it is a combination of 3 things:

• Those who never knew/don't want to know God;
  • Those who were pushed away from church or were taught by not so Christian-Christians
  • Those who were taught the truth but refused to accept it
It's a lot easier to live for one's self and create your own form of idolatry to humanistic standards than it is to live by the one and only standard which is from the word of God.

There is a trend I see, especially among those who call themselves Christians on the internet, to embrace a little of this and a little of that of occultic thinking and practice, out of both ignorance and willfulness, and all that serves to do is to further pollute the Church and dilute the message of Christ. Such people need to be sharply dealt with.

Good stuff. This all stems from not accepting the word of God, humbling yourself before Him and practicing forgiveness. Too many are falling away because it is the world vs God and unfortunately for a lot of Christians (or so called) they are letting the world take over. Although the Lord told us this would happen, it is still very sad to see.

Good stuff. This all stems from not accepting the word of God, humbling yourself before Him and practicing forgiveness. Too many are falling away because it is the world vs God and unfortunately for a lot of Christians (or so called) they are letting the world take over. Although the Lord told us this would happen, it is still very sad to see.

I'm in the middle of a wonderful book called 'The Bait of Satan" by John Bevere. This covers what I seem to think the ultimate reasons Christians develop hardened hearts and turn their back on God and their fellow man; unforgiveness and pride. I will be writing a book review on this in the Books, Music and Television section of this forum in the next couple days. This is a great book which compliments the Bible really well as it has tons of references to scripture along with personal testimony.

I'm in the middle of a wonderful book called 'The Bait of Satan" by John Bevere. This covers what I seem to think the ultimate reasons Christians develop hardened hearts and turn their back on God and their fellow man; unforgiveness and pride. I will be writing a book review on this in the Books, Music and Television section of this forum in the next couple days. This is a great book which compliments the Bible really well as it has tons of references to scripture along with personal testimony.

I'm reading that again as well. Good book.

I havent noticed any more or less.. Maybe its a Tennessee thing? In the sacramento area I think they're a lot of meth heads and prescription addicts. I guess thats similar to witch craft.

The Lord gave you that book brother, do not doubt it for a min...it will help you a great deal...I would also add that's the only good book Bevere has ever written,(in my honest opinion) but God has led him and caused him to write that book!

The Lord gave you that book brother, do not doubt it for a min...it will help you a great deal...I would also add that's the only good book Bevere has ever written,(in my honest opinion) but God has led him and caused him to write that book!

Good to know. The Holy Spirit guided me to this one when I was going through an audible bookstore. It's definitely helpful and an eye opener.

Back