The Poor in Spirit

I am so sorry for my lateness.
Thank you to everyone for replying.
This is what I have been doing.
I believe poor in spirit is to be humble. To realise just how unworthy we are and how far we fall short of the glory of God.
I lobe Luke 18:9-14 the parable of the pharisee and the tax collector. The pharisee thanking God he wasn"t like this other man. The tax collector humbly confessing and not able to raise his eyes. This parable, to me, describes the poor in spirit. As a few of you have said the opposite of pride.
I chose the user name Cosia because it stands for "chief of sinners I am." So perhaps I am beginning to learn something :LOL:
Jesus was always humble e.g. "why do you call me good, only God is good." Yet Jesus was the only one on earth worthy to be called good .

So what can I do about it?
One thing I have always done when I read the people I see two people in it. Jesus and myself. A picture of perfection is Christ, a picture of me is very needy.
I searched my heart and asked myself if I could find humility in there I prayed. I'm working on it. That doesn't mean I am now humble, just a work on progress. I want to be humble. I pray for humility to be on my heart and try to fight any pride. I find it helps to remind myself of all the weaknesses I have and compare it with Christs attributes.
Any tips???
One thing I’ve noticed about humility is I don’t even stop to think whether I have any pride that needs to be removed. It must be so subtle. At least we can notice when we are lusting or greedy or in hatred.

I see now why it’s a big sin

I’m re connecting to real hunger.
It’s really hard but I’m managing...I am doing a food diary.
I’ve noticed how it’s the mind that craves for immediate satisfaction and wants to bypass the temptations like a bull in a China shop.

ive also noticed that once I have eaten after my stomach growls I have more energy and my mind is more clear!😊

today, has been hard though because I am withdrawing and possibly the devil is not a happy chappy

well stuff him I say... he can go to hell( lol)
Wow you are doing so well. Way to go 👏
Yeah satan is not happy because he knows he is going there, and he's not taking you with him.

One thing I’ve noticed about humility is I don’t even stop to think whether I have any pride that needs to be removed. It must be so subtle. At least we can notice when we are lusting or greedy or in hatred.

I see now why it’s a big sin
I was the same Via. When I started studying it I thought I had better take a look at my heart. Then I hated myself when I found it. You are so right about it being subtle. Praise the Lord for sending us the Holy Spirit.

Mattew 5:3 NKJV
"Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
I want to study the beatitudes in depth. I'm stuck already. I have always thought this verse meant the poor in Spirit meant the humble people.
Some people say it means the weak in faith. I still believe it means the humble.
But what do you believe it to be?
I believe with the hopes out being "a fellow heir". That you should 1. "Listen" ; Listen to what is being revieled in the text. My opinion- "Fruit". "Learn to see, and know the fruit in your life." REMEMBER that "ear hath not heard" the stored treasure of your life.

I believe with the hopes out being "a fellow heir". That you should 1. "Listen" ; Listen to what is being revieled in the text. My opinion- "Fruit". "Learn to see, and know the fruit in your life." REMEMBER that "ear hath not heard" the stored treasure of your life.

It might be helpful to remember that "Heirs of salvation" is a technical term used to identify Jews.

Back