The Questions They Say Christians Can't Answer

Then what do we do with the Biblical fact that God afflicts HIS children who do have faith????

God may afflict His own believing children with physical maladies for the sake of testing, sanctification, discipline or the securing of their salvation.

1 Corinthians 11:30-32: 30. For this cause [partaking of the Lord's supper unworthily] many are weak and sickly among you, and many have died.... 32. We are [all] disciplined by the Lord so that we will not be condemned along with the world.

God never afflicts anyone. He promises we will reap what we sow. We reap discipline when we lack obedient hearts. God's desire and will is that we all be well, so that we can serve Him and reach others for Christ.

The scriptures (both Luke and John) say the ear was CUT OFF.

Yes it does. But where is the Scripture that says Jesus replaced his ear with a completely New one?

It seems to me that when Scriptures said.... "And he touched HIS EAR", indicates that the ear was there, and Jesus replaced the existing ear.

God never afflicts anyone. He promises we will reap what we sow. We reap discipline when we lack obedient hearts. God's desire and will is that we all be well, so that we can serve Him and reach others for Christ.

I understand what you wish. I even wish that it was true. This subject is one of the most miss-understood teachings in all of the Bible. To grow and learn and understand, we must grasp the Scriptures as our learning tool, NOT what we wish was the case.

2 Corth. 12:7...........
"To keep me from getting puffed up, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from getting proud."

Prosperity, like opium, is ready to make men fall asleep in sin. God awakens them by the voice of the rod, and so prevents a spiritual lethargy. (Dr. Pink).

Afflictions prevent HELL.

1 Corth. 11:32..........
"We are chastened of the Lord—that we should not be condemned with the world".

Does not a judge deal well with a prisoner when he lays some light penalty on him—and saves his life? Is it not goodness in God, when he lays upon us light affliction—and saves us from wrath to come. (Dr. Walvrood)

2 Cor. 4:17..................
" What is a drop of sorrow which the godly taste—compared to the bottomless sea of wrath the wicked must drink!"

When God corrects he deals well with his people, because all he does is in love.

Afflictions are sharp arrows—but they are shot front the hand of a loving father! As God's not afflicting the wicked is done in anger—so God's hand is heaviest when it is lightest. (Dr. Pentecost).

Hosea 4:14...........
"I will not punish your daughters when they commit whoredom".

A father gives over correcting a child whom he intends to disinherit. God's chastising the godly is in love.

Rev. 3:19................
"As many as I love—I rebuke and discipline."

When God has the look of an enemy—he has the heart of a father! When Abraham lifted up his hand to sacrifice Isaac—he loved him. Just so, when God sacrifices the comforts of his children—he loves them.

Was not God severe against Christ? Yet it was proclaimed by a voice from heaven, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." (Matt. 3:17). Well then, if God only sends love-tokens to us, he deals well with us.

God deals well with his people when he afflicts them, because he moderates his stroke.

Jer. 30:11; 46:28..................
"I will correct you in measure."

God does not smite his children as he might.

Psalms 78:38................
He "does not stir up all his wrath."

God does not make the cup as bitter as he could. He uses medicines rather than corrosives. He lays a lighter burden on—when he might lay on a heavier burden. Does God take away a child? He might take away his Spirit! Does he chastise the body? He might torment the conscience! God does not correct his children as much as they have deserved.

Ezra 9:13..........
"You have punished us less than our iniquities deserve".

Does God make us drink a cup of wormwood? We have deserved to drink a cup of wrath! Does God cut us short? We have deserved that he should cut us off! Do the waters of affliction come up to our ankles? We have deserved to be drowned in these waters!

That is why we thank God and praise Him for His love, mercy and grace that what we do experience in life is for our own good.

That's why the guards drew back. The whole thing was eerie. :D

That is exactly what I think as well. SEEING caused them fear and they fell down backwards.

Isn't it interesting that that they all fell BACK and not forward as we see to day when a healing is shown????

It is because they were all un-believers. Believers fall forward!!

Healing isn't going to occur in people who have no faith or belief for it, and especially through people who offer healing but haven't the faith for it, either.

Not so my dear. Please explain some of the examples below that do not support your opinion.

1. There was no Christianity to believe in and they were already Jews.
2.Accoring to the Bible Jesus was healing everyone who came to him.
3 People were coming to him believing that they could be healed because they had watched him at work or their neighbours had.
4. Obviously they believed in him AFTER they were healed but not really before.
5. He healed 10 lepers but only some came back to thank him.

God's desire and will is that we all be well, so that we can serve Him and reach others for Christ.

I think it may be safer to simply say "God's desire and will is that... we can serve Him and reach others for Christ," and then allow God, in His righteousness, to choose the means by which we may find that path.

Not so my dear. Please explain some of the examples below that do not support your opinion.

1. There was no Christianity to believe in and they were already Jews.
2.Accoring to the Bible Jesus was healing everyone who came to him.
3 People were coming to him believing that they could be healed because they had watched him at work or their neighbours had.
4. Obviously they believed in him AFTER they were healed but not really before.
5. He healed 10 lepers but only some came back to thank him.

YOU explain why you think that God wants us to be sick, when Jesus healed everyone who had faith that He would do so---as well as they wanted to be well.

I think it may be safer to simply say "God's desire and will is that... we can serve Him and reach others for Christ," and then allow God, in His righteousness, to choose the means by which we may find that path.

What do you mean, "safer"???

God desires that we all be healthy and whole. What kind of God would want any of His children to be sick? He has given us in Christ the ability to appropriate our healing. It is in the atonement.

YOU explain why you think that God wants us to be sick, when Jesus healed everyone who had faith that He would do so---as well as they wanted to be well.

Now I did not say that God wants us to be sick did I. You added those words yourself and that saddens me that you would do such a thing.

It is your responsibility to respond to your claim, not me to support YOUR claim. You seem to make these claims and then when asked to validate them.......you reject the opportunity to do so.

What do you mean, "safer"???

God desires that we all be healthy and whole. What kind of God would want any of His children to be sick? He has given us in Christ the ability to appropriate our healing. It is in the atonement.

"Safer" in the sense that, yes, it makes logical sense that God would want us to "be healthy and whole," but I don't want to try using my own logic to determine what God wants or doesn't want. Whatever means God uses to achieve His own purposes, He is still good, righteous, and just.

Have you read the book of Job?

Have you? Who afflicted Job?

Have you not read how Jesus Christ bore all our diseases? God is not schizophrenic, afflicting people with disease and then saying He is the "God who heals all your diseases" (Psalm 103:3)

Last edited:
Now I did not say that God wants us to be sick did I. You added those words yourself and that saddens me that you would do such a thing.

It is your responsibility to respond to your claim, not me to support YOUR claim. You seem to make these claims and then when asked to validate them.......you reject the opportunity to do so.

If you think that God afflicts people, then you are saying it is His will that we be sick.

"Safer" in the sense that, yes, it makes logical sense that God would want us to "be healthy and whole," but I don't want to try using my own logic to determine what God wants or doesn't want. Whatever means God uses to achieve His own purposes, He is still good, righteous, and just.

It is the "but" that people use to try to deny that God wants us all to be whole, and that He would want anyone to be sick or diseased. That "but" signals the weakness of man's logic.

Thank you Euphemia for the question and opportunity to explain this to you.

Warning..............LONG POST!

The faith movement says, and you, especially the Word of Faith, …If we are feeling sick we need to fight it off by faith by not confessing our symptoms, but stand on the word and say out loud, I’m healed, by his stripes I’m healed. Don’t look at the symptoms, but just stand on the promise and don’t waver or doubt. What you confess you will possess if you apprehend it by the force of faith. Satan works with the negative that is counter to all the promises of good from God. We are told that we are at war with the enemy who wants to steal our health and money.

While ALL this may have a small element of truth, it certainly is not the whole truth and there in lies the problem with reality. In this movement God is not spoken of as a one we rely on, but one who has established spiritual laws and that we need to apply and use these laws and principles to get the positive results. In other words the blessings come from "special knowledge" not grace. That is the KEY right there! Of course those who follow this teaching will never admit it but it is clear by the reading of their words and the actions that are observable. Then when confronted, turn the table as you did so that that it appears we who question you are the ones with the problem of faith.

The Charismatic's, and Word of Faith declare Christ's atoning work was as much for our sicknesses as it was for our sins. So the believer should accept Christ as his sickness bearer as well as his sin bearer and that is exactly what you stated in comment #70.

So should we accept Christ as our sickness bearer as well as our sin bearer? That is what you are saying!!!!!

We are told God must heal you if you are speaking by faith just like he saved you by faith. No Christian should be sick or have anything physically wrong with them. Is that in fact reality or is it a type of brainwashing.????
You are saying that we should not die with any disease or even old age we should live to our full potential. If you are not receiving your healing you are missing out on appropriating you divine right in the kingdom. What they are saying is that our body is redeemed just as our spirit is. It is not Gods will for any to be sick.

But that is NOT what the Bible says and that my dear is my problem with what you and the others are propagating.

Allow me to ask you this simple question..............
Why are there so many faith healers sick and many have died of cancer. You see, Its not working for them either, but they are not going to tell you this.

Kenneth Hagin said in his book......"Healing the fathers provision" (pg.9):
"I believe it is the plan of our father that no believer should be sick that every believer should live his life to the full time and actually wear out if Jesus tarries then fall asleep in Jesus I state boldly it is not the will of God my father that we should suffer with cancer and other dread diseases and bring pain and anguish. No . It is gods will that we should be healed.""

The faith teachers say… You cannot glorify God if you are sick. God is hindered by mans shortcomings. Maybe the God they know is, but not the one of the Bible but one that they wish was in the Bible! God does indeed heal today but not the way they represent Him.

The reality of life which you and others deny is faith teachers get sick, they have headaches and stomach aches, they stub their toes, and bang their hands just like anyone else does . But they deny it, despite what is certainly there for all of us to see. What they deny is the reality of the sin nature we have, and the fallen world we still live in from sin.

What they are saying is what you confess you possess, but you didn’t confess a headache to get it in the first place, it just came. So they need to put blame on someone, and it usually is the devil or as we have seen here on this site, other people who do not agree with you. This is why you are so confused on demon possession of a Child of God. What one needs to ask is how did he get there in the first place? Doesn’t this mean they were not walking in faith for the devil to invade them like this. This of course leads to spiritual warfare wing of modern Pentecostalism which tells one in reference to this, when in doubt cast it out.

Sorry for the long post.

It is the "but" that people use to try to deny that God wants us all to be whole, and that He would want anyone to be sick or diseased. That "but" signals the weakness of man's logic.

NO it does not. It confirms the fact that we live in a world dominated by sin because of the fall of man.

What it "signals" is simple trust, that whatever God does, or doesn't do, He is still good.

I won't deny the weakness of man's logic. Our own, weak logic may cause us to try to extrapolate things about God's nature and His will that aren't actually stated in scripture. That's why it's easier for me to just believe that God is good, whatever means he chooses to use for His own purposes, even if I can't explain that with my own, weak logic.

If you think that God afflicts people, then you are saying it is His will that we be sick.

I do not "think" anything my dear. I read and try to grasp the Word of God. Allow me to do that once again and once again I ask that you respond to the Word of God and not to me. I am unimportant. It is the Bible from which all truth flows, not man and certainly not me.

The healing Gospel that we are dicussing is very popular today and its promise is claimed more than any other promise.
The Bible in fact has other promises that are neglected, yet they are more sure than healing. That we are to suffer for Christ's sake. I encourage you to respond to these words and tell us what they mean if they do not mean we will be afflicted, surer and be sick in this world.

2 Tim 3:12: .......
"Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution."

Mark 10:30: .......
"who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time-- houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions-- and in the age to come, eternal life.

Matt 24:9: .........
"Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake."

John 16:33: ........
"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

Rev 1:9:...............
" I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ."

If healing was in the atonement than what do we do with 1 Cor.12:9........
" to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,"

It would not be necessary to have this gift functioning, all one would need to do is believe in the cross. The same faith that they received salvation with would be accompanied by healing at the same time. It seems some people have the gift of faith and can believe God for supernatural provision, the danger comes when they think it is a normality given to everyone else the same.

They then in turn tell everyone what God has done for them, he will do for you. This clearly not the case from Scripture. Take for example John the baptist . Wasn't he imprisoned and was eventually killed. When Peter was in prison the gates were open to set him free. What of Peter being crucified as were the other apostles, John was the only one who lived a long life as was told to Peter by Jesus at the end of the gospel of John. God does not a have the same will for every person, the sooner we understand this the quicker we will be set free from this kind of false teaching.

Back