The Questions They Say Christians Can't Answer

NO it does not. It confirms the fact that we live in a world dominated by sin because of the fall of man.

Exactly. God allows many things to happen in the world, and happen to us in the world. It would be tough to make a case that God wants everything that He allows.

Have you? Who afflicted Job?

Have you not read how Jesus Christ bore all our diseases? God is not schizophrenic, afflicting people with disease and then saying He is the "God who heals all your diseases" ()
When did I say God afflicts people with disease? It seems like you take offense when people want to talk to you, why are you so angry?

Jesus bore all our sicknesses and diseases on His body. When Holy Spirit comes to dwell within us, All of God's promises and provisions are with Him. Our healing is there already. All we have to do is appropriate that truth. Our spirits deliver that truth to our souls (minds) and our bodies then will see the manifestation of it. That is how faith works to manifest healing. We've already got it by God's great grace. We just have to learn how to get it.

When did I say God afflicts people with disease? It seems like you take offense when people want to talk to you, why are you so angry?

That is what everyone says when they suggest that it is God's will for us to be sick. Why do you think that God is responsible for Job's many afflictions? Which "comforter" of his would that make you most like? I am not angry, but I sure wonder what God thinks of faithlessness.

Matthew 8:16-17 (NLT)
That evening many demon-possessed people were brought to Jesus. He cast out the evil spirits with a simple command, and he healed all the sick. 17 This fulfilled the word of the Lord through the prophet Isaiah, who said,

“He took our sicknesses
and removed our diseases.”

That is what everyone says when they suggest that it is God's will for us to be sick. Why do you think that God is responsible for Job's many afflictions? Which "comforter" of his would that make you most like? I am not angry, but I sure wonder what God thinks of faithlessness.
Again, did I say God is responsible for Job's afflictions? You keep putting word's in my mouth. I think calling me and other people faithless is a jab and only an angry person would say that. Do you know my heart? Only God knows that, so how can you call me faithless? I was genuinely asking you why you are so angry over a simple comment, but instead you refuse to have a mature conversation and instead continue to put words in my mouth. Do you not see how hard you are to talk to? You attack anyone with different thoughts than you have. Why would anyone want to talk to someone like that? Would you want to talk to me if I acted like you do?

1 John 4:7-21 NIV
7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

13 This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 17 This is how love is made completeamong us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus.18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

19 We love because he first loved us. 20 Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. 21 And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

Do you think the way you are acting on this forum is out of love? I am talking about many other threads than this one, you are always attacking someone if they disagree with you. You can continue to be defensive and think that I am attacking you, or you can listen to what I am trying to tell you. I am not trying to antagonize you, I just want you to listen. Sure, not everything everyone says is going to be right, but to not even bother listening and to just assume that everyone is attacking your belief system and that you need to be mean is not right. What makes you so sure that your beliefs are correct over someone else's anyways? Do you want to be hurt by everyone who has a different belief than you?

Romans 12 NIV
A Living Sacrifice
12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Humble Service in the Body of Christ
3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your[a] faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead,[b] do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.

Love in Action
9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love.Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor,serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[c] Do not be conceited.

17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[d] says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”[e]

21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Really you need to start changing your thinking, I suggest adopting a more humble attitude and starting to think more objectively.

I haven't called anyone faithless, and even if I did, it is not a criticism. I would welcome anyone to approach me if I needed to come up higher in my faith. It is not a criticism. It would be an encouragement.

My comments are generalities only and if one feels singled out, well that is between God and the individual.

Do you think the way you are acting on this forum is out of love? I am talking about many other threads than this one, you are always attacking someone if they disagree with you. You can continue to be defensive and think that I am attacking you, or you can listen to what I am trying to tell you. I am not trying to antagonize you, I just want you to listen. Sure, not everything everyone says is going to be right, but to not even bother listening and to just assume that everyone is attacking your belief system and that you need to be mean is not right. What makes you so sure that your beliefs are correct over someone else's anyways? Do you want to be hurt by everyone who has a different belief than you?

I find that denigrating me personally, attacking me for perceived attacks, and questioning my love walk is bad form and lacks love.

BTW: I have humility, and I think objectively. Thanks for the encouragement, though. We can all come up higher in those areas, can't we?

I haven't called anyone faithless, and even if I did, it is not a criticism. I would welcome anyone to approach me if I needed to come up higher in my faith. It is not a criticism. It would be an encouragement.

My comments are generalities only and if one feels singled out, well that is between God and the individual.

I find that denigrating me personally, attacking me for perceived attacks, and questioning my love walk is bad form and lacks love.
I mentioned multiple times that I am not attacking you. Have you ever wondered whether you just assume everyone is attacking you? Again, do you want to be hurt every time someone says something you disagree with?

I mentioned multiple times that I am not attacking you. Have you ever wondered whether you just assume everyone is attacking you? Again, do you want to be hurt every time someone says something you disagree with?

Well, I have had a bunch of horrible PM's from someone here cursing and being abusive, so I consider that an attack. I am not hurt by your words, though, if that's what you mean. Disagreements are part of the territory on Christian forums.

Christians die like the rest of mankind. Of course that God can heal us, but he is not obliged to do it all the time. If we were meant to be perfectly healthy all of our lives, Christians would live for centuries.

Christians die like the rest of mankind. Of course that God can heal us, but he is not obliged to do it all the time. If we were meant to be perfectly healthy all of our lives, Christians would live for centuries.

God wants to heal us all of the time! As for health, we can have health in spite of living in a fallen world where sickness is everywhere. God is not the author of illness, and often we fall ill due to not an attack of the enemy, but simply by being human and subject to microbes, accidents, and decay in general But we can have victory and overcome every instance in Christ Jesus. We still die, and that is something we all must face this side of the rapture, and we can walk through that door into the Kingdom with courage, knowing that God's timing is perfect, and that He has our ultimate victory waiting for us

God wants to heal us all of the time! As for health, we can have health in spite of living in a fallen world where sickness is everywhere. God is not the author of illness, and often we fall ill due to not an attack of the enemy, but simply by being human and subject to microbes, accidents, and decay in general But we can have victory and overcome every instance in Christ Jesus. We still die, and that is something we all must face this side of the rapture, and we can walk through that door into the Kingdom with courage, knowing that God's timing is perfect, and that He has our ultimate victory waiting for us

Yes, but if we were meant to be healed all of the time, shouldn't some Christians live hundreds of years? I believe that God can heal us, but it seems quite evident to me that we are not supposed to be perfectly healthy all of our lives. I am inclined to believe that God teaches us things through some diseases. Sometimes we need a big crisis to understand certain things.

Yes, but if we were meant to be healed all of the time, shouldn't some Christians live hundreds of years?

No, we live as long as God says. He has an appointed time for us to die.

I believe that God can heal us, but it seems quite evident to me that we are not supposed to be perfectly healthy all of our lives. I am inclined to believe that God teaches us things through some diseases. Sometimes we need a big crisis to understand certain things.

I am not promoting the idea of us having perfect health, although there are many Christians who walk in what they call divine health. I haven't got that down quite yet!

Certainly God's children can learn from all kinds of adversity, and God doesn't miss a beat teaching us, but He doesn't ever visit illness on any of His kids. Disease is never from the hand of the Father.

Well, I have had a bunch of horrible PM's from someone here cursing and being abusive, so I consider that an attack. I am not hurt by your words, though, if that's what you mean. Disagreements are part of the territory on Christian forums.
I'm sorry to hear that. I highly suggest using the report button if you feel like you are being verbally abused. I'm sure a mod would resolve the problem as this is suppose to be a friendly site and abuse is not accepted here.

I'm a new believer myself, I was wondering how you go about training people new in faith?

Hello God is love. You're a new believer, well God bless you, you've made the most importanyt decision you'll ever make in this life to have accepted Christ and I believe you're touching on the most important aspect of where you are at the moment.

Your foundation is by the most important aspect of your Christian life because the basic teachings and revelations you apply now, will colour quite powerfully the quality of your Christian life in Christ, so that you might know him more, grow in him and avoid error. The basic and most important teachings of the Christian life as you may see from my Avator, is my area of teaching aside from being a local church Pastor of course so if you want to visit our website for a look or PM me to ask any further questions then please do so. Go bless and so excited for you....

Back