The TWO NEW Covenants -Miles J. Stanford

"And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock [and] one shepherd " (Jhn 10:16). Jesus sent His Apostles "to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" (Mat 10:6). The "lost sheep" are the Jews who "hear His voice", as the Apostles did and other believing Jews. The "other sheep" are the believing Gentiles, and these two classes make "one fold" and "one new man". Among these there is no difference but there is a difference with the unbelieving Jew. There will be a difference between those who believe in Christ before His return and those who believe in Him after His return, only because they will see Him.

Notice He said of the Gentiles "other sheep", not "lost sheep". The Gentiles weren't of the lost sheep of Israel, they weren't called until the Jews had their oportunity. We are one with the believing Jews, not the unbelieving Jews which will partake of the New Covenant of God in Ezekel's prophecy.

Christian Jews and Gentiles partake now of Christ's New Covenant in His blood'" (Mat 26:28). The covenant of Christ's blood isn't between us and Christ but between Him and the Father, that Christ would save us by His blood, for the Father (Heb 9:12). It's not our covenant but They made us partakers of it!!!!!

Those who are "one flock" in Christ are those who believe in Christ before they see Him (believing Jews and Gentiles), these comprise His Curch or Body and Bride. Most of the Jewish nation will probably not be a part of this (only the Jews who believe before the Millinnium) Body because they will be patakers of the Abrahamic Covenant and just like the Law of Moses, it will not include Gentiles. The unbelieving Jews will be under there own New Covenent (Ezek 36:27), which will be seperate from the Church. The "one flock" is comprised of this; "for to make in Himself of twain (Christian Jews and Gentiles) one new man . . ." (Eph 2:15). The unbelieving Jews who exist before Christ's return (which is now the majority of the Jewish nations) will believe in Christ after His return. Different position of blessing (Jhn 20:29)!!!

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (new because it won't be of the Law of Moses) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which My covenant they brake, although I was an Husband unto them, saith the LORD. But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put My law (new, not old, as stated above) in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people." (Jer 31:-33).

Before the removal of the "middle wall of partition" (Eph 2:14) and the "taking away" of the Law (Heb 10:9), there existed a difference between the Jew and Gentile. The Jews were the only ones under the Law of Moses and they were the only the only chosen people of God (Deu 7:6). This was why the Gentiles worshiped seperately in the temple with a wall between them and the Jews. This is the meaning of "no difference" now.

There seems a little crossing over between threads here because the subject matters are closely linked. But if I may ask the same question here as I asked you there:-

If in Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile and the only way to salvation is to be IN CHRIST then who other than those who are NEITHER Jew NOR Gentile are saved by the New Covenant? Or are you declaring there is ANOTHER way to be saved OTHER than by the blood of the new covenant shed by Christ Himself?

Understand NEITHER Jew NOR Gentile shall inherit the kingdom of God but a NEW CREATURE who is NEITHER Jew NOR Gentile.

Salvation now for believing Jews and Gentiles is provided by the new covenant in Christ's blood (Mat 26:28), which makes us "one fold" (Jhn 10:16), "one Body" (1Cor 12:20), "one new man" (Eph 2:15), in Christ and is eternal (Heb 13:20).

Salvation for unbelieving Jews will be provided later, by God. "And I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep My judgments, and do them" (Ezek 36:27).

I believe only those who are of the "one new man" will inherit the New Heaven, which I also believe will be seperate from the New Earth. This is just a speculation because Scripture isn't direct concerning it.

Aahh, when you grow up in the Aussie bush tough is just what you grow along with calluses.:)

But if you think I look tough you should check out my daughter, she is the one who introduced me to how cool it is to own a sword.:eek:

Nice vid :).

Salvation now for believing Jews and Gentiles is provided by the new covenant in Christ's blood (Mat 26:28), which makes us "one fold" (Jhn 10:16), "one Body" (1Cor 12:20), "one new man" (Eph 2:15), in Christ and is eternal (Heb 13:20).

Salvation for unbelieving Jews will be provided later, by God. "And I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep My judgments, and do them" (Ezek 36:27).

I believe only those who are of the "one new man" will inherit the New Heaven, which I also believe will be seperate from the New Earth. This is just a speculation because Scripture isn't direct concerning it.

Didn't God promise Abraham and the children of Israel the "Promised LAND".

Yes Major and I believe it will include the New Earth, which is everlasting! "Also your people [shall] all [be] righteous; They shall inherit the land forever, The branch of My planting, The work of My hands, That I may be glorified" (Isaiah 60:21).

So you are saying there are TWO ways to the Father? One through Christ and a different path later for the rest of the Jews?? Did not Jesus say HE was the way the truth and the life and NOBODY comes to the Father except by HIM? Is there not only ONE narrow path and ONE narrow gate to the Kingdom of Heaven?

As to Ezek 36:27 are you saying this promise was for the Jews alone? Has He NOT put His spirit within YOU? Does He NOT cause YOU to walk in His statutes and keep His judgements and do them?

I cannot think of any spirit filled believer who would not recognise the fulfilment of this promise in THEMSELVES.

Mistmann, I'm still understanding more all the time about Ezek 36:27, but I do believe it's the same promise as in Jer 31:31, "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah." This leaves no room for doubt that, not only is this restriced to Jews because of Judah being included instead of saying just Israel, which many are mistken about them being Gentiles, but that it hasn't happened to them, as a nation, yet.

I'm still working on understanding God's promise to them in the way He explains it. To me, it doesn't appear the unbelieving Jews will be a part of His Body, like believing Jews and Gentiles are now and forever,
because it doesn't appear their salvation will not be through the New Covenant in Christ's blood (Mat 26:28), as it now is for the believing Jew and Gentile. This is still speculation to me because Scripture isn't direct concerning it. Since its a non-essentional doctrine, theirs no mandate for accuracy, just truth.

Mistmann, I'm still understanding more all the time about Ezek 36:27, but I do believe it's the same promise as in Jer 31:31, "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah." This leaves no room for doubt that, not only is this restriced to Jews because of Judah being included instead of saying just Israel, which many are mistken about them being Gentiles, but that it hasn't happened to them, as a nation, yet.

I'm still working on understanding God's promise to them in the way He explains it. To me, it doesn't appear the unbelieving Jews will be a part of His Body, like believing Jews and Gentiles are now and forever,
because it doesn't appear their salvation will not be through the New Covenant in Christ's blood (Mat 26:28), as it now is for the believing Jew and Gentile. This is still speculation to me because Scripture isn't direct concerning it. Since its a non-essentional doctrine, theirs no mandate for accuracy, just truth.

Anybody who understands Paul's parable about the olive tree understands that the Gentile believers have been grafted INTO Israel and the unbelieving Jews CUT OUT of Israel. Any Jew who believes is grafted back IN to Israel. There is only EVER ONE TREE and ONE root. Never two trees. The Lord has not grown a new tree for the Gentiles. We are grafted INTO the tree of Jacob, the tree of Israel that descends from Abraham.

Understand that Gentile believers are grafted INTO ISRAEL even as unbelieving Jews are CUT OUT of it. The fate of the unbelieving Jew is not different to the fate of the unbelieving Gentile. Only those grafted INTO the tree of Israel are heirs of the Promise, nobody else.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

I am grafted into the tree of Israel along with all who are in Christ. Are you not among the grafted IN branches???

I believe the Gentiles were graffed, not in the branches (Jews) but graffed in the tree (Body). This is said to be in "among them and with them" (v 17), not in them. The olive tree being the Body of Christ. Graffed with the unbroken branches (remnant of believing Jews), not the broken branches (unbelieving Jews).

A new tree (Body) consisting of "one new man", which is made up of believing Jews and Gentiles. "To make in Himself of twain (Jews/Gentiles) one new man" (Body;Eph 2:15).

Back