The Word came from heaven to free people from sin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

In many threads you address people as
BACs and Body of Christ.

There are two Groups of people in this world.
Saved and Not saved.

There are two groups in the Christian World.
The Body of Christ
The Army of God.

The body of Christ are those still in a boot camp realm.
The Army of God are those mature Christians who are on the spear. Another words engaged in Spiritual battle and prayer on the front lines.

The army of God are the ones getting things done.

I like 1 John 3:24 ...
24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him.
And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

it reminds me of John 14 where Jesus said (paraphrasing):
"Those who love me obey My commandments."
So, I have to ask: Who gets into heaven without loving Jesus?
and ... Who gets into heaven without obey Jesus' commandments?

Plus ... Did you catch the last part of v. 24? ... nothing about the BAC abiding in Jesus!

If one wishes to abide in Jesus, he/she had better keep His commandments!

Last edited:
In my opinion from asking The Holy Spirit a lot about this passage (whole book really) and chapter 1... I believe the difference between the two is believer vs non believer. One that is truly saved vs.. one just playing church.
That's fine ... like I said: I'm just into pointing out the NT warning verses!
To the BAC: you'd better follow and obey Jesus
To those playing church: you'd better follow and obey Jesus

Osterloh said:
I like 1 John 3:24 ...
24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him.
And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Plus ... Did you catch the last part of v. 24? ... nothing about the BAC abiding in Jesus!

Seriously? You using this to say that?
Now you are just confusing the issue.

“… let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous just as He is righteous.
He who sins is of the devil … Whoever has been born of God does not sin (habitually)
… In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God” (1 John 3:7-10)
The above reminds me of the following ...

Matthew 7:21-23
21. "Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
22. "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name,
and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
23. "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’

Re: 21 --- Jesus says we must do Father God's will to enter the kingdom of heaven.
Re: 22 --- IMO, Jesus is talking to BACs!
Re: 23 --- W. E. Vine says that "knew" here means "approved of".
These BACs did NOT do the will of Father God.
They practiced lawlessness.
Thus, they were never approved of by Jesus.
Thus, they were NOT allowed to enter the kingdom of heaven.

It would be very dangerous for those who insist on 'playing church' to keep going there to deceive the congregation. Dont worry Jesus aint fooled, he knows the wheat from the tares. The sheep from the goats.

I would not worry about these people. I used to wonder about them and cry because they were hurting the saints. but see God knows them and He will do something about it. Some peoples consciences are seared like a hot iron. They think that they are doing God a service by being cruel to the sheep. Well theres the god of this world (satan) or the gods of our bellies (flesh) and our loving Father God the Lord almighty. We are to choose who we will serve.

John wrote this letter to warn us to keep away from these kind of people who are antichrist and do not love the Lord. They are all around and sometimes you just cannot get away but if you abide in Jesus daily this is your refuge.

The above reminds me of the following ...

Matthew 7:21-23
21. "Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
22. "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name,
and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'
23. "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’

Re: 21 --- Jesus says we must do Father God's will to enter the kingdom of heaven.
Re: 22 --- IMO, Jesus is talking to BACs!
Re: 23 --- W. E. Vine says that "knew" here means "approved of".
These BACs did NOT do the will of Father God.
They practiced lawlessness.
Thus, they were never approved of by Jesus.
Thus, they were NOT allowed to enter the kingdom of heaven.
I would not call these people BACs because they are clearly not just phonies. That would be an insult to the actual saints. Call a saint a saint and a sinner a sinner, dont get them mixed up.

In matthew 7:21-23 Jesus was talking to his Disciples about the phony 'believers' . Whoever has ears let them hear.

John was writing to the church in his letter and also referring to phony believers. In Jude, that was also warning about false teachers and ones who'd crept into the church unawares, lewding weak believers astray and they were eating the Lords supper in vain.

Corinthians and Galatians were letters of advice given to the church they had trouble in their walk. Galatians talks about some false teachers who had bewitched them and got them being legalists again. Corinthians well they had just come straight out of idolatry. This is the thing even from the start of the church people wanted to join the way but they couldnt just pretend to be a christian its not like joining a club and you cant earn or bribe your way in.

In matthew 7:21-23 Jesus was talking to his Disciples about the phony 'believers'

On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ 23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

Question for you.
How can a phony believer cast out a demon using the name of Jesus?

Acts 19:15-16
And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

16. And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

I would not call these people BACs because they are clearly not just phonies.
That would be an insult to the actual saints.
Call a saint a saint and a sinner a sinner, dont get them mixed up.
Yes, that's interesting!
Both Ephesians and Colossians were written ONLY to the saints who were "the faithful"!
E.G. these epistles were NOT written to BACs who were habitual unrepentant sinners.
(Yes, you heard it here first.)

On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ 23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

Question for you.
How can a phony believer cast out a demon using the name of Jesus?

Acts 19:15-16
And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?

16. And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
Because the name of Jesus is powerful. Even unbelievers can use the name of Jesus. i heard my workmate use His name today, she said Jesus! When she did something wrong. And she doesnt even believe!

Because the name of Jesus is powerful. Even unbelievers can use the name of Jesus. i heard my workmate use His name today, she said Jesus! When she did something wrong. And she doesnt even believe!

Your Joking Right?
Any one can say Jesus. People cuss with the name Jesus.

Only His Born again Spirit Filled Believers are Authorized to cast out demons using the name of Jesus.

Your Joking Right?
Any one can say Jesus. People cuss with the name Jesus.

Only His Born again Spirit Filled Believers are Authorized to cast out demons using the name of Jesus.
Your joking right?
YOu didnt even read our posts, and you didnt even seem to know what the context of ACTS was. FCJ just take a moment to breathe and understand what we posting here. Dont assume everything we post has to be exactly what you say. Because you seem to deliberately misunderstand everything people post a lot of the time. I dont know why? We are believers! We are not unbelievers! Dont make everyone out to be contrary.

Someone was appeared to be casting out demons with the name of Jesus but they werent doing it properly. Thats why the demon said Paul I know Jesus I know, but who are you???? The demon wasnt effectively cast out by that person because they were not spirit filled but the demon knew the name of Jesus.

That is why people call on the name of Jesus. Even if they dont believe people will use His name, not anyone elses. Its only by Jesus name people are saved. Its the most powerful name there is!

Last edited:
We received eternal life in Heaven with the Father the instant we were made new creatures in Christian by getting Spiritually Born Again.

If a person never develops to overcome all sin in their lives does not take away their eternal destiny with the Father in Heaven.

I am not referring to those who mumble some words then ignore the Holy Spirit and do what ever they want.

I am talking about born again believers who struggle their entire life and miss the mark.

In most cases this is do to the Church not teaching in such a fashion that they could grow and develop to war in this life.

Blessings

Mathew 7:22......…
"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

There are many people who say they are Christians, but really don't have a relationship with Jesus Christ. You see Jesus told us in his word how to live a life for him and he said we cannot have two masters we either serve him or serve the devil. If we have not accepted Jesus in our life than we will not make it to heaven. The worldly things won't mix with the Godly things. So we have people that say they are Christians what does Christian mean ? It means being Christ like so if we are being Christ like than we should watch what we do, watch what we say etc. live a holy life .

First, I have 20 NT verses which teach us that we must practice (or work) righteousness to actually be righteous.
And I have 20 NT verses which teach us that we must be obedient to actually be righteous.
Would you like to see them?

Second, we need to recognize and trust in the Father's righteousness and Jesus' righteousness
for the basis of our salvation!

See, the deal is this:
BACs received everything at the moment they received the Holy Spirit.
However, their part in all of this is to continue on with all of it.
And this is one of the reasons for all of the dozens of dire warnings.
Would you like to see a dozen of the very best NT verses which warn of losing salvation?

You said...……….
"First, I have 20 NT verses which teach us that we must practice (or work) righteousness to actually be righteous.
And I have 20 NT verses which teach us that we must be obedient to actually be righteous.
Would you like to see them?"

YES!!!!

You have missed the point my friend. We do not work or practice righteousness.

The whole point is that when we obey the Lord, we can live a life of joy, without shame, rooted deeply in the Lord and confident in our eternal hope.

2 Corth. 3:17...………...
“Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom”.

According to 1 John 2:3, o ur obedience is actually part of our ASSURANCE that we truly know God.

Your joking right?
YOu didnt even read our posts, and you didnt even seem to know what the context of ACTS was. FCJ just take a moment to breathe and understand what we posting here. Dont assume everything we post has to be exactly what you say. Because you seem to deliberately misunderstand everything people post a lot of the time. I dont know why? We are believers! We are not unbelievers! Dont make everyone out to be contrary.

Someone was appeared to be casting out demons with the name of Jesus but they werent doing it properly. Thats why the demon said Paul I know Jesus I know, but who are you???? The demon wasnt effectively cast out by that person because they were not spirit filled but the demon knew the name of Jesus.

That is why people call on the name of Jesus. Even if they dont believe people will use His name, not anyone elses. Its only by Jesus name people are saved. Its the most powerful name there is!

Lanolin stop with the rudeness.
Unsaved can not use the name of Jesus to cast out demons.

You say they did not do it right. Care to explain.

Exactly but then again you first said unsaved people can use the name of Jesus. Ses below.

That's what I responded to.
Please stop changing what you say when you reply to some one as if you did not say it.

Um so,. Lets just say you commit adultery. GOd forbid you do, but lets just say you go with someone else who's not your wife. Who are you wronging? Who are you sinning against? Who, aside from God is going to be hurt the most by your sin?

Yes mam I understand that. But let's look at what you actually said.

Remember again with the example of the woman caught in adultery. What were the men doing? Jesus said those without sin can cast the first stone. Nobody cast the stone. They were all guilty. Jesus saw this. They walked away ashamed of themselves. They needed to confess to their wives of any sin they harboured in their heart. You cant pretend you dont sin when you d

Osterloh said:
This is NOT about Jesus dying on the cross … and presto, all believers’ sins are forgiven!
No, this is all about …
● Jesus FREEING BACs from the bondage of sin
● The fact that BACs no longer HAVE to sin
● The fact that BACs are now FREE to NOT sin
●●● If BACs do sin, it is because they have CHOSEN to sin (with our God-given free will)

Hello Osterloh;

My name is Bob and have been away from Christian Forum Site for a few weeks. As things are calming down outside I am able to spend a little more quality time inside with my brothers and sisters here at CFS.

First, thank you for contributing this thread, The Word Came From Heaven To Free People From Sin

I read the posts that follow your thread and everyone is on the same page. No doubt all of us here in this thread are believers of Christ, thats not the issue. It is the wording and sentence structure used that stimulates conversation including differing views or disagreements on this topic. This is not a bad thing but a blessing for building up.

This is what we call fellowship and when we as believers engage in fellowship, we develop discipline. Jesus taught His disciples that discipline, fellowship with one another and especially to the UNREACHED go hand in hand.

When Jesus freed us from the bondage of sin - I personally get on my knees every moment, day and evening and thank my Lord and Savior for this great gift! This is my story that I can witness to others.

The fact that we no longer HAVE to sin - I am liberated from that bondage because throughout my life I had to sin to bring instant gratification to my flesh and peace of mind. This is my confession daily.

IMPORTANT POINT The fact that WE are now FREE to NOT sin - Any fellowship that TALKS JESUS such as the brothers and sisters posting this thread, is a win win for these reasons;
We want to mature, to be more and follow Christ and in discussions such as your thread, this is the beginning to spiritual growth. We need to be patient as Jesus takes us through because instant Spiritual maturity is not going to happen today. It takes time. Point is the more we connect with other Christ believers to love, pray, share and discuss the Word.

In my walk with Jesus I need these points, others to hold me accountable, to sharpen my iron and disuade me going in the other direction of sin. This is our battle and the wonderful thing is, JESUS WINS, and we are led to forgiveness, redemption and restoration.

When we sin, it is because we have CHOSEN to sin (with our God-given free will) - Since the Fall, we are all sinners because we are broken. Today I may curse under my breath, I may let down the guard of my tongue toward another, see a beautiful woman at the store, covet and envy how great another church is doing and compare to the challenges of our church where I serve, on and on and on. You get the picture.

Whether BAC (Born again Christian), I am familiar with this word abbreviation from visiting the church up in Vancouver, B.C. and heard this used guite a bit. I get it. Down here in my community I use The Body of Christ and The Army of God. Which ever abbreviation, we all are broken believers and fall short of His glory. Praise Him, He has also given us the free will to get on our knees and confess alone to Father God or to others.

Let this thread continue with prayer first before we post. This topic has a wide range which is an opportunity to discover more of what Jesus is teaching us, therefore, it's important to use scriptures prior and after to connect us to the passage we are using to get at what the Truth is saying, wholly, not partially.

Criticism and corrections should not be the verb of this thread, instead, let the goal of what we are sharing bring us closer in growth and knowledge in Christ, but more important let this thread bring out the fruit of each brother and sister that will enable us to have any discussion bringing glory to our God.

Again, Osterloh, thank you for sharing. May God bless you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back