The Worlds Greatest Problems

In this nation even those living in poverty have no idea how much they really have, compared to other places in this world. I have no right to complain about anything ever with how blessed I am.
I think that people can really only compare themselves to others around them, rather than other countris unless they go and experience another country (which again, costs them to go visit) they wont know. For example in the 90s North Korea had a famine and nobody outside of the country even knew about it.

Hi Chili;

I curious because I want to fellowship with you, brother. May I ask, why do you feel the media is considered one of the greatest problems in our time?

Compared to quality news reporting by the Huntley-Brinkley Report, and Walter Cronkite back in the 50s - 70s, the media has definitely changed in these times when we define "journalism" with "opinionated reporting" resulting in horrible news. But at the end of the day, they have chosen an opportunistic career and don't see a lot of suffering in their chosen profession.

God bless you and your family.
Hey Brother Bob my brother from another mother...say that fast LOL
( media) includes news, Hollywood, ect. It has pretty much all gone to sh........ the snakes. Ya media has evolved drastically from the earlier days. Opinionated news yes. They say what you want to hear not what you need to hear and I get caught up in that sometimes... ugh. Tons of gossip. it really breaks my heart a lotta times. Shoot man I even got put in FB jail for sticking up for Pastor Franklin Graham. Reminiscing the thoughts in my head right now brings tears to my eyes. For example. My (real) brothers and sisters are atheist. 1 brother insists we came from amoebas and evolved into humans. 1 sister worships money. Yes she has a lot of it but doesn't have Jesus in her heart. The other sister is the same. The last brother worships Buddha to achieve total peace. I talked to him about Jesus. He wants nothing to do with Him. :( I pray to God that Jesus will touch their heart and open their eyes.

Ohhhh the hate that has exploded in the world the last couple years is uncanny. Just to touch on Trump quickly. There is 1 person that the world hates more than Trump that person is Jesus Christ. Satan knows his time here is extremely short. I see stuff around me that should only be in horror movies.
So lets cut to the chase. I'm sure you all will agree with me. THE biggest problem in this world is most of the people rejected Jesus's gift of salvation. BUT Jesus is very patient. Not until the last micro second will HE then return and clean this planet up.

I can't believe it took me an hr to write this piece.

The unforgivable sin is when people blaspheme the Holy Spirit. Thats when they wont be forgiven this life or the next. I would say thats a big problem.

Even worse than people rejecting Jesus cos you can say anything againt Jesus and he will forgive you cos you dont know what you are saying but if you deliberately insult the Holy Spirit there is no hope for you.

Hey Brother Bob my brother from another mother...say that fast LOL
( media) includes news, Hollywood, ect. It has pretty much all gone to sh........ the snakes. Ya media has evolved drastically from the earlier days. Opinionated news yes. They say what you want to hear not what you need to hear and I get caught up in that sometimes... ugh. Tons of gossip. it really breaks my heart a lotta times. Shoot man I even got put in FB jail for sticking up for Pastor Franklin Graham. Reminiscing the thoughts in my head right now brings tears to my eyes. For example. My (real) brothers and sisters are atheist. 1 brother insists we came from amoebas and evolved into humans. 1 sister worships money. Yes she has a lot of it but doesn't have Jesus in her heart. The other sister is the same. The last brother worships Buddha to achieve total peace. I talked to him about Jesus. He wants nothing to do with Him. :( I pray to God that Jesus will touch their heart and open their eyes.

Ohhhh the hate that has exploded in the world the last couple years is uncanny. Just to touch on Trump quickly. There is 1 person that the world hates more than Trump that person is Jesus Christ. Satan knows his time here is extremely short. I see stuff around me that should only be in horror movies.
So lets cut to the chase. I'm sure you all will agree with me. THE biggest problem in this world is most of the people rejected Jesus's gift of salvation. BUT Jesus is very patient. Not until the last micro second will HE then return and clean this planet up.

I can't believe it took me an hr to write this piece.
Et al, I still believe Mayor got it right. It's people, not their by-products. Everything you all have described and symptoms. Greed, hate, misguided beliefs, lies, etc and all by-products of mankind.

The unforgivable sin is when people blaspheme the Holy Spirit. Thats when they wont be forgiven this life or the next. I would say thats a big problem.

Even worse than people rejecting Jesus cos you can say anything againt Jesus and he will forgive you cos you dont know what you are saying but if you deliberately insult the Holy Spirit there is no hope for you.

The unforgivable sin my dear is...….."UNBELIEF".

It is the only sin that dams a mans soul to hell.

Totally agree. It sometimes feels like we are barely surviving; however, if you have had the opportunity of living or traveling through a third-world country, you know better.

rtm3039

I watched a film on the Discovery Channel a couple of years ago about a tribe of people in Africa. They were in a desert and the only water was about 5 miles away and about 100 feet down in the ground.

Several men would go down and use a pail, hand the pail up to another man and so on until the pail reached the top of the well. They did that for hours to get water and did it very day.

I could not help but wonder why in the world didn't they just move the village to the well?

After watching that I have no reason to compline.

The unforgivable sin my dear is...….."UNBELIEF".

It is the only sin that dams a mans soul to hell.
No actually its blasphemy of the holy spirit, read your Bible it says right there Jesus own words.
It will incorporate unbelief for sure but its specifically against the holy spirit its not just unbelief in anything. See Matthew 12:31

I dont post anything that I haven't looked up in scripture my dear major.

I was reading a book called Gringos in the Amazon about a pair of kiwi bikers who did travel through some third world countries...in South America.

Although they were just passing through and stayed for the most part in hotels, even the most crime infested areas full of druglords and corrupt govts, they witnessed the reslience of the human spirit...I would say that from their observations its govts that are the problem, greedy people in power, whether left or right. If a nation is divided between left and right wing its more likely civil war breaks out and then theres coups.

They passed through former penal colonies and saw the effects of the slave trade in the migration of people. I dont quite understand what happened in africa why it is so 'backward' and poor when its resource rich. But like the story of Easter Island maybe people were greedy and took more than their share which is why that society collapsed.

I watched a film on the Discovery Channel a couple of years ago about a tribe of people in Africa. They were in a desert and the only water was about 5 miles away and about 100 feet down in the ground.

Several men would go down and use a pail, hand the pail up to another man and so on until the pail reached the top of the well. They did that for hours to get water and did it very day.

I could not help but wonder why in the world didn't they just move the village to the well?

After watching that I have no reason to compline.
Maybe they had a stake in the land or it wasnt in their territory, who knows. Its like the dustbowl of amerca, why did some people stay on that land when they were dying of starvation and there was no rain? And they were literally eating dust.

No actually its blasphemy of the holy spirit, read your Bible it says right there Jesus own words.
It will incorporate unbelief for sure but its specifically against the holy spirit its not just unbelief in anything. See Matthew 12:31

I dont post anything that I haven't looked up in scripture my dear major.

I am very glad to hear that my dear. I never suggested otherwise. However, when you read the "Context" of what Jesus said in Matthew 12:31,
the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, specific as it was to the Pharisees’ situation, cannot be duplicated today.

That is because Jesus Christ is not on earth, and no one can personally see Jesus perform a miracle and then attribute that power to Satan instead of the Spirit. The only unpardonable sin today is that of continued unbelief. There is no pardon for a person who dies in his rejection of Christ.

You see, the Holy Spirit is at work in the world, and His job is convicting the unsaved of sin, righteousness, and judgment which is seen in John 16:8.

So then, If a person resists that conviction and remains unrepentant, then he is choosing hell over heaven.

Hebrews 11:6 says...……...
“Without faith it is impossible to please God”.

What does Acts 16:31 say the object of faith must be to be saved......…"Jesus Christ"!

Therefore, there is no forgiveness for someone who dies without faith in Christ.

I should have added for proper context that the Pharisees, having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was working miracles in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that the Lord was possessed by a demon in Maat. 12:24.

Then in notice in Mark 3:30 where Jesus is very specific about what the Pharisees did to commit blasphemy against the Holy Spirit:
“He said this because they were saying, ‘He has an impure spirit.’”

To get back on topic another sin I see as a great problem is that of fornication. The latest CDC report is alarming, and its just for the U.S. https://www.popsci.com/cdc-2018-std-report/

Last edited:
To get back on topic another sin I see as a great problem is that of fornication. The latest CDC report is alarming, and its just for the U.S. https://www.popsci.com/cdc-2018-std-report/
The 1 million a day thing is worldwide, but it sure is a large number.

rtm3039

Indeed, especially for me when I think of it in terms of a yearly 365 million (being widowed and wishing to date.
Its an incredible determining factor to remain single, and not even try to date. Reality is a witch. Any potential partner dating regularly is more than likely to have had, or does have a serious sexually transmitted disease. I googled several countries and continents; the numbers are not appealing.

Its crazy stuff when reading the material, as to how much danger many singles put themselves in.

Indeed, especially for me when I think of it in terms of a yearly 365 million (being widowed and wishing to date.
Its an incredible determining factor to remain single, and not even try to date. Reality is a witch. Any potential partner dating regularly is more than likely to have had, or does have a serious sexually transmitted disease. I googled several countries and continents; the numbers are not appealing.

Its crazy stuff when reading the material, as to how much danger many singles put themselves in.
This is a subject I feel a bit hypocritical about. In my single days, I was very cavalier about my liaisons. I guess I just got lucky. I've been on the shelf for over 20 years, so do not focus much attention on the subject matter.

I am twice a widow myself, and spent over half my life in a monogamous relationships. However at 55 being single today, I face this huge problem.

Yes, two daughters 35 and 30. My youngest and her fiancé (soon to be husband even though I already call him my son in law), live here with me. While I was able to assist in their move, the time was now for us all financially. The day will come when I will need their assistance, and they are great at helping me now :)

Christian dating in my 50's is a difficult challenge, as most men I meet are divorced with young children (or several sets of children). Men say they dont want baggage, well women dont either :) I have horror stories from what kids do while their parents try to date. My car was once up on concrete blocks with the wheels no place to be found. I can go on and on. Teenagers are the worst...

Last edited:
Yes, two daughters 35 and 30. My youngest and her fiancé (soon to be husband even though I already call him my son in law), live here with me. While I was able to assist in their move, the time was now for us all financially. The day will come when I will need their assistance, and they are great at helping me now :)

Christian dating in my 50's is a difficult challenge, as most men I meet are divorced with young children (or several sets of children). Men say they dont want baggage, well women dont either :) I have horror stories from what kids do while their parents try to date. My car was once up on concrete blocks with the wheels no place to be found. I can go on and on. Teenagers are the worst...

I get it. No one in their 50s (or younger) is baggage free. My wife and I have been married for over 20 years. She is my third (or last) wife and we both came into this with children from prior marriages. Both our kids were fairly young, so no wheel jacking. It did come with baggage from both sides. At this point; however, the baggage has been lost by the airport of life.

I work for the public school system and attend a very large church (10,000 plus). I am surrounded by single women of good character. Maybe you are not casting your net on the right side of the boat?

rtm3039

Casting this wider net you speak of, has also brought me this grief I speak of. A wrong partner might be an anchor that sinks the boat. The more I try, the more I find those that simply claim to be Christian's. Water seeks its own level, and actions speak louder than words. I would find happiness in a partner to share life with, but I am content with solitude as well. I do not need companionship, I want to be edified by a truly Christian union with someone that can walk the walk. Should I lower my standards? Maybe I should raise them even more, cause they are not mine but belong to my Father.

Back