Things New To Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never did that. You should not be on any ignore option.

Jesus was obedient until death. he did not want to go and be separated from the Father which is what was about to happen.

To take the cup, would make a whole lot of scriptures not true. He said nevertheless, not my will, but your will. He knew what he had to do.

Not sure how that gets confused.

I will dig to make sure your not on Ignore. I have not put anyone on Ignore.

be blessed.

Nobody is listed under my Ignore list. Is there another list I need to check?

My apologies then but It sure seemed to me that was what you were saying. It very well could have been someone else.

OMG - I couldn't finish the link it was so disgusting! Apparently Copeland thinks God is an alien from another planet?
"God lives on a mother planet
“Heaven has a north and a south and an east and a west. Consequently, it must be a planet.” (Spirit, Soul and Body I, 1985 audiotape #01-0601, side 1)

“You don’t think earth was first, do you? Huh? Well, you don’t think that God made man in His image, and then made earth in some other image? There is not anything under this whole sun that’s new. Are you hearing what I’m saying? This is all a copy. It’s a copy of home. It’s a copy of the Mother Planet. Where God lives, He made a little one just like His and put us on it.” (Following the Faith of Abraham I, 1989 audiotape, #01-3001, side 1)
"

Yes we have a free will my brother! Lets see what we can do with he verse you have asked about.

Gen 18:21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.

Mike, the kind of language found in Genesis 18:21 actually is present throughout Scripture. As early as Genesis chapter three, God asked Adam, “Where are you?” (3:9). In Genesis four, He asked Cain, “Where is Abel your brother?” (4:9). The book of Job reveals that at the beginning of God’s first speech to Job, God asked the patriarch, “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?” (38:4). Are we to assume questions like these or statements like those found in Genesis 22:12 and 18:21 (“I will know”) imply a lack of knowledge on God’s part?

I am fully aware God says this for the benefit of man. I fully believe that when God asked Adam if he ate the fruit of that tree, God knew full well Adam did.

Where is Able? Able's blood was crying out to God from the Ground. God knew.

Not in the Case of Sodom though.

I am trying to get you to see something Major.

God went down to look then he said he would know.

Same with the Tower of Babel. Let US go down and look.

God is showing you how he operates. Study out cry.............. God hears that in heaven.
Psa 145:19 He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.

God knew the moment Abraham was about to sacrifice Isaac. It was not a foreknowledge, it was a relationship.

God searches hearts that are perfect toward him. He does not keep a list of hearts that he knows will be perfect toward him.

God is not an alien Major. We are made just like Him.

God did not know or plan for King Saul to fail. God is not planing something He has to be sorry He did much later. "It repents me I made Saul King." repent here means long sigh, a sadness.

It was Saul, that changed the plan. It was Eli that changed the plan. It was Adam that changed the plan.

Major, God does not Give a plan then foreknows something different than His own plan. That makes God stupid.

God is not watching the heathen, they are not his. Why he was not watching Sodom or even had a plan for Sodom. He heard the cry come to him. He went to see if that Cry matched what he was hearing.

God is telling us how he responds to man and how he operates here.

1Sa 2:30 Wherefore the LORD God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the LORD saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.

God is not saying one thing, while having in his mind something else. He knows what he said, and planed, he does not change that unless we change that.

Because I know it's coming shortly....
here's a link to some of the more inetresting notions posed by Ken Copeland
http://www.pastorpauley.com/faq/kenneth_copeland.htm

the net is full of the folly of Copeland, google is your friend

Glumdum, did you have to post that 4 times so I have to see that picture of that cat? Seriously?

Try reading before mouthing off, you might learn something.

Glumdum? that's real cute. Do you normally show your class and wit with 2nd grade cheap shots at people's handles?

With every post and comment you make your true nature more and more clear.

OMG - I couldn't finish the link it was so disgusting! Apparently Copeland thinks God is an alien from another planet?
"God lives on a mother planet

“Heaven has a north and a south and an east and a west. Consequently, it must be a planet.” (Spirit, Soul and Body I, 1985 audiotape #01-0601, side 1)

“You don’t think earth was first, do you? Huh? Well, you don’t think that God made man in His image, and then made earth in some other image? There is not anything under this whole sun that’s new. Are you hearing what I’m saying? This is all a copy. It’s a copy of home. It’s a copy of the Mother Planet. Where God lives, He made a little one just like His and put us on it.” (Following the Faith of Abraham I, 1989 audiotape, #01-3001, side 1) "

That is not what he said, your reading from a ignorant person that has taken pieces of what someone said and put them together without hearing the whole thing. Anyone can take parts and make them into anything they want. Don't be fooled by morons. Just let them alone to be stupid on their own.

we are created in the image of God, So was Adam. Earth might be Heaven duplicated, Might be a planet, who knows. Brother Copeland connects things that I find hard to find in the Word.

He took that scripture that Nothing is new under the sun.

Jesus tortured in hell?

Psa 116:3
The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.

If so, not very long. He preached to the prisoners and kicked the devils butt then came up out of there. It says He found trouble and Sorrow, not that he experienced it.

This was back in 1988, one can hope that if someone is wrong they can grow. It's not always easy to explain things that scriptures don't exactly cover, but we certainly do not make fun of them.

blessings.

Try reading before mouthing off, you might learn something.

Glumdum? that's real cute. Do you normally show your class and wit with 2nd grade cheap shots at people's handles?

With every post and comment you make your true nature more and more clear.

I have learned not to take your seriously, I see your back to your old devilish tricks of putting down ministers again. Nothing changes with you does it. You post some old post from pieces of what someone said back in 1988. Attack the doctrine, not men, but then I know you lack knowledge to do that scripture by scripture. Best to just be nice and smile.

OK - I went back and finished the link - Jesus was raped by Roman soldiers????? Do all Word of Faith spout this crappola? Literally, I was sickened. What about prosperity preachers?

MichaelH - you said speaking/singing in tongues was, in part about prophecy - again, you cannot have prophecy without knowing about things to come.

Context about Sodom and Gomorrah - God talked with Abraham because He already knew the cities were going - He told Abraham because of Lot living there. God sent angels to destroy the cities - getting Lot out first.

I cannot plan to build a road unless I know where it will begin and where it will lead to. And we are talking about a plan which is a gazillion times to the millionth power more complex. God's plan has to do with out return to Him, while meshing the choice we made in Eden, and our own free will. He knows what will happen to those who reject them. No guess work there.

OK - I went back and finished the link - Jesus was raped by Roman soldiers????? Do all Word of Faith spout this crappola? Literally, I was sickened. What about prosperity preachers?

MichaelH - you said speaking/singing in tongues was, in part about prophecy - again, you cannot have prophecy without knowing about things to come.

Context about Sodom and Gomorrah - God talked with Abraham because He already knew the cities were going - He told Abraham because of Lot living there. God sent angels to destroy the cities - getting Lot out first.

I cannot plan to build a road unless I know where it will begin and where it will lead to. And we are talking about a plan which is a gazillion times to the millionth power more complex. God's plan has to do with out return to Him, while meshing the choice we made in Eden, and our own free will. He knows what will happen to those who reject them. No guess work there.

Yes he did, He got Lot out. The choice to destroy Sodom came from that cry, God said I'll check to see if the sin matches the cry then I'll know. No reason to think God cared much to know about Sodom until His man Abraham got involved.

Ya, OK, you got me. Prophecy....................... I have spoken Prophecy but most of it is not about the future. Some is though.

I don't know everything Silk. All I can do is give tons of scriptures about God dealing with man according to their actions and how God repented and changed when man repented.

I can promise God did not know or plan for Adam to fall. That caused death for hundreds of years and that is not God's plan at all.

God used man to speak his Word, So Prophecy would be the cause of something coming to pass. Not a fortune telling ability.
If God said it, then it happens.

If God told you something and said this or that will happen then you did what he said, it will happen. If you don't do what God said, then it won't happen. Like writing a book for example. :)

It's a very complex subject because God is big. God told me once to not buy something, turns out a month later it was for 1/4 of the price and then said now go and look for it. Sure enough, God saved me lots of money.

How God know that?

I am just trying to present things we have never looked at before in the Word. An attempt to understand our good Father better.

MichaelH - when it comes time to face your maker - how will you explain your ever so wondrous behavior?

"I have learned not to take your seriously, I see your back to your old devilish tricks of putting down ministers again."

slander and lies, do you always lie so effortlessly?

I point out heretics where I find them. Why do you support them?

Sodom & Gommorah didn't even have 10 good men, when Abraham negotiated with God. It is unlikely Lot was one but was saved for Abraham's sake.

If you believe that scripture is God's Word, which I do - there are ALOT of prophecies there including the whole book of Revelation.

The 2 comings were prophesized.

And dark forces/demons are doing what they do best - screwing with people's faith

MichaelH - when it comes time to face your maker - how will you explain your ever so wondrous behavior?

"I have learned not to take your seriously, I see your back to your old devilish tricks of putting down ministers again."

slander and lies, do you always lie so effortlessly?

I point out heretics where I find them. Why do you support them?

The things is, I don't put down ministers. Not even Benny Hinn and Brother Hinn gives us lots of reason to examine him.

I am the one that mentioned Brother Copeland because of something He said I don't agree with.

You might Agree with him though, I do not.

He said God knew before the foundation of the World that Adam would blow it and man would need a Savior.

That is what started the Whole Foreknowledge and Election thing. It was not a opening to discuss how much we hate Brother Copeland.

If you read the Article posted by Silk, Brother Hagin was a back bone of keeping things scriptural. He is gone now. I can't agree with everything Brother Copeland says because I need a scripture.

Silk Posted:
Thus, November 2007 arrived with a shocking wakeup call for two of the ministers present at that Tulsa meeting: Kenneth Copeland and his protégé, Creflo Dollar. The cold splash of reality came in the form of Senator Chuck Grassley and the Senate Finance Committee’s (SFC) investigation of not-for-profit entities. Since these two preachers had disobeyed the godly correction brought to them through the seasoned wisdom of Rev. Hagin, they now found themselves in the midst of a legal and media storm of epic proportions.

What the Article did not mention is that Brother Copeland got taken out of commission for awhile. No healing power for him, and he had to get things corrected with the Lord. He literately was told his days of preacher where over because there was no more disc in his back.

God does not allow error to continue Glomung. It's why Benny Hinn right now is only half of what it use to be. God is far more merciful than we are, but it don't continue forever.

That don't mean I still don't love Brother Copeland. Concerning faith He has helped me in lots of things. He is still a man though, just like us and needs mercy just like us.

God corrects things if people are in Error. I have Brother Jim Baker that lives down the street, and he will be more than happy to explain that. A good brother, but not what it use to be.

Sodom & Gommorah didn't even have 10 good men, when Abraham negotiated with God. It is unlikely Lot was one but was saved for Abraham's sake.

If you believe that scripture is God's Word, which I do - there are ALOT of prophecies there including the whole book of Revelation.

The 2 comings were prophesized.

And dark forces/demons are doing what they do best - screwing with people's faith

Silk, the Written Word is not fortune telling. It is causing. God speaks, it happens. Prophecy by the Holy Spirit is a causative, not a passive thing.

Devils know their time is short, not because God just happens to know that, God laid out the time line, declares the beginning from the end and that is just how it will end up. Just like God said.

Remember the Donkey that showed up for Jesus? It was not because God just knew some Donkey would wonder over in that area. It was Written, and Jesus had to be where He was suppose to be to see the Donkey.

Devils know all this, and yes, they are butt heads.

And Lot should have never left Abraham, when he did, he walked out of the blessing.

Also, Angel Flight Kenneth promised, He is doing.
Kenneth Copeland Ministries and our Partners have been connected with the people of Haiti for nearly 20 years in regular support to ministries, orphanages and clinics. We have contributed funds, prayed and stood with them through many times of need.

We are in Haiti for the long haul, sharing the love of God among the nation's people. And we will be in Haiti for as long as it takes to ensure the people there have every opportunity to know how much God cares about them.

As we reported in our latest news release (Click Here to Read News) since the earthquake hit, our Partners have provided tremendous aid to the people of Haiti. We continue in partnership with Angel Flight 44 to transport medical supplies, food, water and shelter. These are top priorities, but so much more is yet to be done, and our goal is to provide a permanent source of ongoing support to help the people of Haiti recover from this disaster. KCM Partners are on the ground now and ready to continue aid as ministry support and supplies come in.

He also sent 4 million to help with Sandy when it hit the east coast. Nobody is perfect, but He has corrected any concerns since.

Jim Baker of the Jim&Tammy Televangelist scandal? I agree, God does forgive but such things as men of God giving into murder, lies, adultery, and fleecing the public doesn't do any thing but negate the glory of God. (an air conditioned dog house!). I don't think God goes easy on misleaders tho - seems there is some scripture on that. But Jim and Tammy's flaws were mostly personal, except for the criminal offense of charging for time shares that didn't exist. But I don't actually see them as misleaders. Just greedy. Copeland looks to me like a greedy misleader. I went to their home page - you have to search for anything he says - written and I found short pieces that made me understand why a sincere individual as yourself, Michael would agree with. But think how easy it is to take money from people in pain and when they don't get healed, get told their faith wasn't enough.

Let's be Christians and not get defensive or type blasts because we feel runover. Could be the topic, I dunno. But I think it's important to discuss and see what scripture says. Let's not do the Devil's work for him.:)

Jim Baker of the Jim&Tammy Televangelist scandal? I agree, God does forgive but such things as men of God giving into murder, lies, adultery, and fleecing the public doesn't do any thing but negate the glory of God. (an air conditioned dog house!). I don't think God goes easy on misleaders tho - seems there is some scripture on that. But Jim and Tammy's flaws were mostly personal, except for the criminal offense of charging for time shares that didn't exist. But I don't actually see them as misleaders. Just greedy. Copeland looks to me like a greedy misleader. I went to their home page - you have to search for anything he says - written and I found short pieces that made me understand why a sincere individual as yourself, Michael would agree with. But think how easy it is to take money from people in pain and when they don't get healed, get told their faith wasn't enough.

Let's be Christians and not get defensive or type blasts because we feel runover. Could be the topic, I dunno. But I think it's important to discuss and see what scripture says. Let's not do the Devil's work for him.:)

I agree Sister.

I don't mind God's ministers living wealthy. I do mind taking money for one thing and not using it for that thing.

People need to know what they are giving to the Lord for. If I am giving money to only Brother Copeland, then I want him to spend that on himself. If I give him Money for feeding the poor then the money better go to that.

Jim Baker lives down the street from me. Has a small studio and serves breakfast to all that come watch the program. He got cancer in Federal prison, and went though a whole lot of pain for disobedience.

Our Church sends out millions, but We have it broken down into what we sow into and given a statement. Our Pastor Keith Moore who studied under brother Hagin takes a salary to keep things on the up and up. He also gives away free all our teaching material which cost well over 100,000 a week and growing. He could be making all that money for himself, but God told him free with postage paid.

Copeland won a land mark case for all Churches when they came in to audit him and all the land and planes. They found nothing wrong anywhere.

The Goverment wanted to make Churches show all the earnings and dictate to churches how to spend any extra money. Copeland fought that in Texas and it cost a lot of money but he won. Not only for himself, but for all churches.

It's easy to see the blessing of God and make Judgements. Kenneth sends millions out all over to support medical supplies and feed people all over the World. That is a lot of money going out.

Kenneth preached at our church and took the offering and divided it among all our staff at Faith life Church. He did not keep it.

I may not agree with everything every minister says, but I certainly am careful about who I speak badly about.

Thank you Silk.

Your blessed.

Like it or not, you have a problem.

Revelation 17:8 (KJV) The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Revelation 13:8 (KJV) And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

God is not surprised or unaware. You've got a serious problem if you do not believe God is all knowing.

Psalms 102:24-27 (KJV) I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years [are] throughout all generations. Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens [are] the work of thy hands. They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed: But thou [art] the same, and thy years shall have no end.

Isaiah 57:15 (KJV) For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name [is] Holy; I dwell in the high and holy [place], with him also [that is] of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

This word everlasting is αἰώνιος aionios and refers to the eternal future and eternal past.

The same in Hebrew:

Psalms 90:2 (KJV) Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou [art] God.

Here everlasting is עוֹלָם `owlam and means eternity. And it is again repeated here:

Psalms 93:2 (KJV) Thy throne [is] established of old: thou [art] from everlasting.

How about this?Saved since before the world began!

2 Timothy 1:9 (KJV) Who hath saved us, and called [us] with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Titus 1:2 (KJV) In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

God's plan was for Jesus to die BEFORE THE FOUNDATION of the earth! God knows ALL THINGS.

1 Peter 1:19-21 (KJV) But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

You might not like it, but here's the word of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back