Tithe

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep..those the Lord called children of the devil loved to be seen to tithe and to receive tithes... The law is not of faith and whatsoever is not of faith is sin...

No, the tithe is not part of the law. It was before the law and our share of covenant with God. Besides, God said if you tithe he blesses so it's a good deal anyway.

Jesus said, Render unto God what is God's, We are bought and paid for with a price and we have things That do belong to God. Besides, Jesus still receives tithes, so if the tithing door is open, it's a good opportunity to keep blessed.

Whatever the case, folks can keep their money if they like and not honor God for the abundance of all things. There is no law saying we have to tithe, but it is part of what Abraham did and we are blessed with faithful Abraham.

There is no New Testament teaching on the tithe except the mention of Abrahams tithe in the book of Hebrews. If you guys want to be drawn into a cursed system of tithing according to the law..then live under the whole law. Don't just pick and choose what part of the law you are going to keep...keep it all, then the blessing of the tithe, in the law will come upon you. If you want to tithe in Abrahams faith and in his example..then God will bless that without the curse of the law. But the New Covenant DOES NOT teach or promote the tithe... its a false system and teaching of mans religion and it is a product of those who are seeking to make merchandise of Gods people. Its a con job! Yes give as the new covenant describes in plain and simple words.

2Co 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

I agree with Mitspa. I don't see where a monetary tithe of ten percent in taught anywhere in the Bible. We should give whatever we are convicted to give, whether it be two percent or twenty-five percent. Obviously we have to donate to our churches to keep them going, If you have a church then you should do everything possible to help it grow to save others. Give what you are convicted to give and don't push your convictions on other people. That's what I say... Well, Paul said it first (Romans 14).

There is no New Testament teaching on the tithe except the mention of Abrahams tithe in the book of Hebrews. If you guys want to be drawn into a cursed system of tithing according to the law..then live under the whole law. Don't just pick and choose what part of the law you are going to keep...keep it all, then the blessing of the tithe, in the law will come upon you. If you want to tithe in Abrahams faith and in his example..then God will bless that without the curse of the law. But the New Covenant DOES NOT teach or promote the tithe... its a false system and teaching of mans religion and it is a product of those who are seeking to make merchandise of Gods people. Its a con job! Yes give as the new covenant describes in plain and simple words.

2Co 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises. And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better. And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
(Heb 7:6-8)

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
(Mat 23:23)

Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
(Mal 3:8)

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
(Mal 3:10)

Jesus mentioned Tithe, Jesus still receives tithes who forever lives, Abraham tithed (NO LAW) And God never said like the other things taken out of the law of ordinances (Touch not taste not, keep the feast) that robbery was a good thing. Just like He never mentioned that Adultery might be OK now being part of the law.

I would need the scripture where God changed, and gave a go on stealing and robbery. I would need to see something about it to where it's OK now to take stuff that belongs to him.

God said He does not change, right in the same passage he spoke of the tithe.

Also, Tithing brings the blessings, something we want believers to have, so it would be foolish to speak against someone's blessing.

right?

If the tithe was in place with the law, I would see a point. Even Cane and able gave a part to God. Well............ Able for awhile at least.

And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
(Gen 4:4)

So the tithe was never anything to do with the law, it was a connection to the blessing of God.

"And he gave him tithes of ALL"

Proverbs 3:9 "Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of ALL thine increase:"

1 Timothy 5:18 "For the scripture saith, thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward."

I don't think you guys understand what the law is? Of course the tithe was a commandment of the law! and the law is not of faith and whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Le 27:30 And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD'S: it is holy unto the LORD.
Le 27:32 And concerning the tithe of the herd, or of the flock, even of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the LORD.
Nu 18:26 Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the LORD, even a tenth part of the tithe.
De 12:17 Thou mayest not eat within thy gates the tithe of thy corn, or of thy wine, or of thy oil, or the firstlings of thy herds or of thy flock, nor any of thy vows which thou vowest, nor thy freewill offerings, or heave offering of thine hand:
De 14:22 ¶ Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.
De 14:23 And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always.
De 14:28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:

Ga 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12 And the law is not of faith:

Make it rain in the church!
Here is the only rain I want or need... Not the curse of the law, but the blessing of Christ and His abounding grace!

2Co 9:6 ¶ But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
9 (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.
10 Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness
11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.

Here is the only rain I want or need... Not the curse of the law, but the blessing of Christ and His abounding grace!

2Co 9:6 ¶ But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
9 (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.
10 Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness
11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.

Make it rain lord, make it make it rain!

"Let my teaching fall like rain
and my words descend like dew,
like showers on new grass,
like abundant rain on tender plants.

I will proclaim the name of the Lord.
Oh, praise the greatness of our God!"

The trouble is,

we seem too comfortable deciding for God what is due Him. Is it 2.5% or 1%.

10% is what it is. If you wanna give more that's great.

Funny thing is Ceaser takes his due before you can even touch your payslip.

With God though, its a dance of love. Albeit one that's well worth it.
He blesses obedience.
:)

Tchuss.

The trouble is,

He blesses obedience.

Tchuss.
When "you" say "we" I assume you are speaking for yourself? And God don't "need" anyone's money, men need money. The tithe is not taught ONE TIME in the New Testament...but we are taught over and over to beware of greedy men who would try to deceive us.

The trouble is,

He blesses obedience.

Tchuss.

Verses that say that? It's a sin to disobey God, so if He tells you that you need to give 10% then you need to give 10%. Honestly, as Christians I feel like we should be giving as much as we can, but not only to the church. To the poor, the widows, etc.

When "you" say "we" I assume you are speaking for yourself? And God don't "need" anyone's money, men need money. The tithe is not taught ONE TIME in the New Testament...but we are taught over and over to beware of greedy men who would try to deceive us.

The Tithe is taught................ Jesus said............... do the other and not leave the tithe undone............... Jesus still accepts tithes as High Priest that lives forever.....

To tithe is to be blessed, and no reason to not to tithe. It is not a law, but it has always been in place as a covenant toward God. Now you take that or you don't. Anyone that gives from the heart a tithe is blessed.

We don't want to have our Brothers and Sisters not be blessed, right?

The Tithe is taught................ Jesus said............... do the other and not leave the tithe undone............... Jesus still accepts tithes as High Priest that lives forever.....

Are you talking about Luke 11:42? That passage is pretty interesting, because the Pharisees in question were only tithing from their meager "crops" (herbs), and technically completely fulfilling the tithing requirements, because tithes in the OT only came from crops and cattle, not from monetary income. Jesus' response to this, that they "neglect justice and the love of God" is very fitting, as it follows from "But now as for what is inside you—be generous to the poor, and everything will be clean for you."

We don't want to have our Brothers and Sisters not be blessed, right?

That's an interesting way of putting it:) It is a good argument, but not for "the tithes," though, just for compassion, mercy and generosity (if I can safely assume that "be blessed" here is a euphemism for "cash").

I don't see anyone here suggesting that we should leave our impoverished brothers and sisters "unblessed." Did anyone here say that we shouldn't be generous to those in need?

Actually, if you really want to follow the three Old Testament tithes, you should be tithing directly to the poor (brothers, sisters, or otherwise - even foreigners received a share of the third tithe: Deut 14:28-29, Deut 26:12-13), not by paying other Christians to fund their official church poverty relief programs. This third tithe is very important in the OT. It doesn't go to "the church" to fund other believers' programs or ministries, and in fact, none of the three tithes seem to. It's you giving directly to those in need, brothers, sisters, or anyone else.

So when people say, I can't afford to tithe or I'll have nothing to eat, the Biblical response seems to be, they are the ones who receive tithes, not pay them. Because we wouldn't want to see them go unblessed... right? If we say we "bless" Christians "in ministry" with tithes, but insist that the impoverished must "be blessed" only through giving, then don't we risk the warning Jesus gives further along in the passage from Luke 11, Jesus replied, “And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them. (46)

Michael H

I completely agree with you.

no one said don't give more than 10% - just give to God whats His FIRST.
After that its your money and you can do whatever you wish.

To go below 10% is tantamount to telling God what to do.

PS.

If things were so hard you couldn't tithe.
At least just acknowledge that you are not tithing.

But to find scripture to justify your way out simply
because the command "doesn't make sense" is

adding more to the already existing disobedience.

Are you talking about Luke 11:42? That passage is pretty interesting, because the Pharisees in question were only tithing from their meager "crops" (herbs), and technically completely fulfilling the tithing requirements, because tithes in the OT only came from crops and cattle, not from monetary income. Jesus' response to this, that they "neglect justice and the love of God" is very fitting, as it follows from "But now as for what is inside you—be generous to the poor, and everything will be clean for you."

So when people say, I can't afford to tithe or I'll have nothing to eat, the Biblical response seems to be, they are the ones who receive tithes, not pay them. Because we wouldn't want to see them go unblessed... right? If we say we "bless" Christians "in ministry" with tithes, but insist that the impoverished must "be blessed" only through giving, then don't we risk the warning Jesus gives further along in the passage from Luke 11, Jesus replied, “And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them. (46)

I am not opposed to Paying 10% of what comes into my home to feed a brother and sister. In fact James says instead of just saying a faith statement by speaking to a persons poverty, "Be filled, Be full and be blessed" Faith will actually take action and feed that person and not just do some prayer.

A women down the street just stopped my wife and asked if she watches kids, she needs to work but even at a cost of 5.00 an hour per Kid, that would eat up her whole days work pay.

So, after the wife and I sought the Lord about it, we believe God asked us to just bless them and watch her kids for free. Something they have never heard of as they don't really go to church.

10% of our money, time and efforts is not often enough though to help someone out. So we just call that sowing, or offering if you want to call it that. I don't want to get into the situation where I am telling God I gave his 10% to feed someone and if they are still hungry, then I did my part.

The tithe is not a law thing, it's a method by which all you are in covenant with God and 10% of what comes in Goes to getting the Word of God out. If that is tomatoes, corn, lemonade stand money, it is whatever you have brought in. This way the devourer has no right to all I bring in and little goes far.

When I first found out about tithing and keeping the enemy out of my finances because everything I made was connected to God in my covenant with him, I have tithed 10%. It was never based on what I had or did not have, 10% goes to God first.

When your money is honoring God first, then it would be impossible to be in lack and do without. You would have to be in stone cold unbelief and disobedience to mess it up.

I have learned that giving God even your rent and bill money when he ask you to help, just makes things a whole lot more easy keeping everything paid and having extra. That would be more sowing though as the tithe is always given before your things are considered.

If at anytime I had to do without or did not have a need met, then I would only recommend tithing to those that could afford it. However, not one time in all these years has God never performed his word for me and not been faithful.
I don't speak lack either though and the Word only.

Blessings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back