Totally brilliant ideas thread

My new idea

For cheaper dentistry. It gets more funding by the Health Ministry so people can get cheaper cleans more often.
It will then end up costing say only $50 a time like how much you'd pay for a haircut or massage

Workers will get sliding scale and low income people will have concessions...so that everyone can have a decent smile and better health.

How about mandated forgiveness..everyone repents and they are forgiven, especially those who can't afford their mortgages.

Isn't the Lord's prayer about forgiving debts? Banks...are you listening?

My new idea

For cheaper dentistry. It gets more funding by the Health Ministry so people can get cheaper cleans more often.
It will then end up costing say only $50 a time like how much you'd pay for a haircut or massage

Workers will get sliding scale and low income people will have concessions...so that everyone can have a decent smile and better health.
Our church has a dental van that provides dental care to those that cannot afford it:

Rtm

Our church has a dental van that provides dental care to those that cannot afford it:

Rtm
oh wow I hadn't heard of churches here doing that.
Bless that ministry!

I have heard of Mercy ships going round poor countries that don't have many hospitals, and they do eyecare and dentistry. Like basic things not expensive cosmetic procedures. At schools there are mobile dental clinics but only for children. I think people (or govts?) just assume as soon as you turn 18 you can just afford everything. But people even with jobs still can't afford everything, even the basics cos so much is spent just paying rent and other bills.

You might have a house yes! But the roof is leaky. Or you might have a home but you just can't afford to keep it warm in winter. Stuff like that, makes life hard for people even if they get to the stage of right, have a house, now have to spend the rest of my life paying it off. Cos if you can't then the bank takes it and you are left with nothing (even if you've paid over half of it).

oh wow I hadn't heard of churches here doing that.
Bless that ministry!

I have heard of Mercy ships going round poor countries that don't have many hospitals, and they do eyecare and dentistry. Like basic things not expensive cosmetic procedures. At schools there are mobile dental clinics but only for children. I think people (or govts?) just assume as soon as you turn 18 you can just afford everything. But people even with jobs still can't afford everything, even the basics cos so much is spent just paying rent and other bills.

You might have a house yes! But the roof is leaky. Or you might have a home but you just can't afford to keep it warm in winter. Stuff like that, makes life hard for people even if they get to the stage of right, have a house, now have to spend the rest of my life paying it off. Cos if you can't then the bank takes it and you are left with nothing (even if you've paid over half of it).
This is all that makes like a bit complicated. Not only must you live within your means, you also need a plan B, incase plan A falls apart. You can always stop a bank from taking your house.

This is all that makes like a bit complicated. Not only must you live within your means, you also need a plan B, incase plan A falls apart. You can always stop a bank from taking your house.
yea thats why in NZ we have social welfare i.e govt help.
People seem to be really against the 'welfare state' for some strange reason, when it got the nation through some of the worst times esp post-war. When there's no jobs or someone dies it hurts everyone.
I can kind of understand why some people turn to crime...or lotto lol. Some people don't know about reverse mortgages.

A lot of people have more than 2 homes, renting one out and selling it if things get tough. Though most people can't even afford to buy their first home let alone two or three, because of house prices all going up.

I don't think too much about plans as life does not always work out as planned. City planners with their fixed ideas on how people are to live are unable to plan in a city built on top of volcanoes! I know this having lived and watched peoples lives changed cos of arbitrary zoning laws. Also, take a city like Christchurch, built on a swamp and designed to totally replicate an English city. It all looks good on the outside but...we all know that the inhabitants are on shaky ground (Earthquakes!) and there's so much weird crime going on in that city that you might as well call it Crimechurch.

Because of the cold temperatures, people used to burn fires in their fireplaces, but they had to ban open fireplace because of all the chimneys and smoke coming out of them was totally polluting the air. (and destroying the forest for firewood). So what happened in winter is most people just freeze!
A lot of people were unable to get insurance payouts for their homes when they were destroyed in the earthquake too. And they kind of wonder why Aucklanders don't want to move to the South Island.

The Olympic Games.
How about they just all be in one place every time?
I mean it's just a hassle changing venues and crushing for the host who probably goes into debt for the occasion.

Or there could be like a neutral country where everyone goes just to play sport for the world championships. Like the battlefield of Armageddon except not a battlefield, a sportsfield.

I'm thinking of reviving this thread

Brilliant idea! Done.

You know how performing artists/acts take a residency in Las Vegas cos they sick of touring. Maybe there could be a sports city like Las Vegas is for entertainment where all they do is just play sports year round.

The other idea I had was, ok, might never happen in my lifetime, but, children are tired of playing sports because its all a bit pointless really (bullying parents and coaches!) so I was thinking all those sports fields not being used could be used for growing flowers or maize mazes and school playtimes would then be a lot more fun than playing games where all you do is fight over a ball.

Well, the garden centre has given me some seeds, and the children snapped up the beans already.

I just tell them they are magic beans.

I'm going to start a seed library at school.

I thought about the Olympic city, but after watching the Elvis movie where he stayed in the Las Vegas hotel for five years and one about Bruce Jenner, (who was an Olympic champion and then started 'transgendering' to be a woman) I think maybe its not such a great idea. All the people that go to play sport and perform there will probably get strung out on drugs having to do it all the time. But I suppose it will be just one place they do it rather than bankrupt other places. I dunno.

I remember reading one book about Las Vegas written by grown up children who were raised there. It was no place for them, nothing but strife sorrow and chasing after $$ whether it be olympic glory, world record breaking runs, or gambling. But then again people get married there so?

! More seeds are coming..yea

Sometimes my brilliant ideas come off, sometimes they don't. Doesn't make them any less brilliant haha

Jesus did say don't hide your light under a bushel...so that's my excuse for being brilliant. What about yours?

4 day work week...teachers need this. And so do students/children. 3 day weekends!

Instead of having 2-3 or 6 week school holidays.

Greetings:

Based on: Totally bored beyond belief going too many times to Disneyworld. I think I have been psychologically damage.

My great idea is to establish a "Christian Airline Lotto". You pick your dates and put your money up. Then a system sends you
discount plane tickets and some discount coupons on hotels and restaurants .You go there in a happy mood because God has sent you there.

bye

Greetings:

Based on: Totally bored beyond belief going too many times to Disneyworld. I think I have been psychologically damage.

My great idea is to establish a "Christian Airline Lotto". You pick your dates and put your money up. Then a system sends you
discount plane tickets and some discount coupons on hotels and restaurants .You go there in a happy mood because God has sent you there.

bye
haha I've never been to Disneyworld. Surely there are other places you can go?
Brilliant idea tho!

We actually have this thing were we got free tickets for $100 to spend on attractions if we emailed the Explore Auckland after lockdown. I went on a few things. Weta Workshop, Butterfly Creek, and an Escape Room.

This was because Auckland had months and months of lockdowns more than any other region when we had covid and our PM felt sorry for us.

Instead of school exams, everyone does a school quiz, and you win prizes and it's much more fun. The answers will be given after each round so that you can learn from them.
There will also be fun questions, to see how well you know your teachers and students, and the number of books in the library, and a random bonus round.
Instead of best student awards you'll have best teachers award for the teachers you learned the most from, or were the kindest, or taught the best lesson.
Every Friday will be a hot lunch day and also in winter you will have hot chocolate or soup.
There's also a pyjama day at end of term where you come to school in your pyjamas, and bring your pillow and your favourite book and read all day.
Instead of a fancy school ball the rule is you need to dress up in something you found from an op shop or turn your rags into recycled fashion.

Before you graduate high school you need to have written a book to put in the library. It could be a poetry books, a manga, a memoir or a picture book, or even a full blown novel.
You also need to write a letter giving advice to a students in their final year and affirmations. If you survived high school then others can too.

This school will have a campus on a former mall and of course Lanolin will be the head librarian. I'm not sure who we'll appoint as principal but we are taking applications.

The school will be called 'The Cool School' and teachers will only need to teach four days a week.

When looking back at my school years. The most memorable teachers were always funny.
My English teacher and physics teacher were the most wittiest and engaged us with their humour. They made the lessons more interesting and kept our attention in the subjects better. One of these teachers became a deputy head and used to be a prison warden. We used to dread him when we first joined as he used to be be a fog horn and his face used to go red from shouting like a drill sergeant. When he taught us though, he was very different.

I think the institution called schools can be drab and dreary if your not engaged in what is being taught and humour and fun work well with kids.

I don't know what to do with my brilliant ideas. If I send them off to someone, they'll just get buried in the avalanche of emails/spam that go unread, like unsolicited manuscripts and junk mail. The Ministry of Education who don't employ me anymore, doesn't listen to librarians, and joining a professional association doesn't do anything. Nor local board consultation.

If there's such a thing as a think tank, where people spend all day coming up with brilliant ideas, that would be a fun job, if it were paid (in food?) but I know of no such thing. I have done focus groups before, but as far as I know there are no focus groups for things like schools.

Students themselves never get a say over what a learning environment is like, much less teachers. I don't know who designs schools, clueless architects? I've seen some architecturally designed libraries that are shockers.

Back