Trials and Troubles more precious than gold

Looking at Annas and Sapphira.
It is not just they lied. It was their heart condition. They thought they could bribe God with their money. They must have been really wealthy to think they already gave so much and could keep a little back for themselves. They thought by copying what Barnabas did, in appearance they could have the same blessing.
But Peter asked them the $64 million dollar question. How is it that you agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord?

The lesson in this is you cannot bribe God. All the people who sold their possessions where sharing what they sold with each other. it was not just...they gave it all to the apostles. It was every man. So why did annas and sapphira keep some back for themselves when it was all going to be shared anyway?

Later in book of Acts chapter 8 Simon the sorcerer tries to buy the holy spirit off Peter. What does Peter say?

Ananias and Sapphira had every right to keep all the money to themselves if they wanted. Their lie was that they gave the entire proceeds of their sale to the church.

Why are you laughing? All scripture about God blessing His people, Jews or not---is true and to be appropriated.

Yes, we need to memorize the word and make ourselves aware of God's many promises to us.

Yes, the Lord Jesus laid down His life for us, and that gives us the privilege and right to claim all of God's promises to us. It's a tragedy that so many believers today are unaware of them and so do not receive them. What joy there is in the one who discovers a certain promise and claims it and receives it!
If I sent a love letter to my girlfriend and another girl opened it, does that mean it is to her?

Are you a BC Jew? Yes or No?

KJ that is your problem........you think that people are just thinking things and making them up. The truth is, if you will spend quality time with the Father you would see that it is He who desires this...........
I agree 100% with the underlined.

Like I said prosperity teachers are magicians. They make people think they are leaving the world and the desires of the flesh behind by pursuing the world and the desires of the flesh o_O.

Now, granted you and Euphemia are not as bad and their is still a possibility of some misunderstandings between us. But you two are quoting way too much of their heresy as this thread continues.

Last edited:
They lied because they wanted others to think they gave all their portion of the sale of their property. It didn't matter if they offered none of it, anyway. But they wanted people to think they were more generous than they were. They didn't change their minds about it. They lied to the Holy Spirit by being givers to the Lord's work, but let their false sense of pride interfere with that pure gesture.

You are confusing the bejeepers out of a rather simple truth. They kept a portion for themselves = the dead obvious. Lusts of the flesh are not hard to grasp.

Last edited:

Like I said prosperity teachers are magicians. They make people think they are leaving the world and the desires of the flesh behind by pursuing the world and the desires of the flesh o_O.

Now, granted you and Euphemia are not as bad and their is still a possibility of some misunderstandings between us. But you two are quoting way too much of their heresy as this thread continues.

My brother Kj I wish to advise you that you are speaking from a humanistic form of understanding which limits ones knowledge and understanding of Gods written word. I asked you several times who it is you are under such as a spiritual Father that God has placed you so as to learn and mature in His word. This question has always been avoided. Why ?

The problem Brother is that you "only" think you know what Biblical Prosperity is and I can say this with a clear conscience because what you speak is not at all with what is taught.
You like so many other misguided Christians "ONLY" think MONEY when it comes to the word prosperity. You are NOT INCORRECT - BUT - RATHER INCOMPLETE. See Biblical prosperity is made up of many area's and yes finances is but a little tiny piece. This in it's self shows that you have no known understanding or knowledge of the subject.

So as you go around falsely accusing brethren and servants of God of HERESY I would urge you to perhaps get some understanding in this area BECAUSE you have to remember as you judge others or set a standard YOU ARE raising the STANDARD of How YOU WILL BE JUDGED even higher and you can NOT live up to it.

So for the record I do not hold these false accusations against you and I do forgive you and I love you even as He has Loved the brethren.
MY Friend and Brother Kj you have a very blessed day.
God Bless You KJ
Jim

If I sent a love letter to my girlfriend and another girl opened it, does that mean it is to her?

Are you a BC Jew? Yes or No?

I am joined to the BC Jew by the grace of God through Jesus Christ my Lord, I am a recipient of all God promises, no matter what century I live in.

What do you mean, "bad"? You, friend, are in complete error declaring anything I have said as heresy. You speak like the Pharisees who declared Jesus of the devil. Watch yourself!

You are confusing the bejeepers out of a rather simple truth. They kept a portion for themselves = the dead obvious. Lusts of the flesh are not hard to grasp.

Sure they kept some, as was their right. They could have kept it all if the wanted. It was their land to do with what they wished. That they kept some of the proceeds for themselves is not the issue.

He does say something. Sorry my typo acts chapter 20, verse 33.

Unless your bible has blank verses. Look it up.

That's more like it.

You need to post the verses instead of expecting people to go look them up, or at the very least, post them properly so that we can run our cursors over them and see the verse easily through the online bible on this site. Thank you for that consideration.

In Acts 20:33, Paul says:
I have coveted no one’s silver or gold or apparel.

So, are you addressing covetousness? Insinuating covetousness? What?

I am joined to the BC Jew by the grace of God through Jesus Christ my Lord, I am a recipient of all God promises, no matter what century I live in.
Convenient how you partake of the blessing and not the curses. God does not change. But God had to pour out extra blessing on the Jews because a. They were surrounded by enemies and b. They were in a rather literal relationship with Him. Do X = die. Do Y = blessed.

Now you want to treat God like they did? Like all the cross achieved is to cancel out the curses? C'mon.

Convenient how you partake of the blessing and not the curses. God does not change. But God had to pour out extra blessing on the Jews because a. They were surrounded by enemies and b. They were in a rather literal relationship with Him. Do X = die. Do Y = blessed.

Now you want to treat God like they did? Like all the cross achieved is to cancel out the curses? C'mon.

I am not subject to the curses, as a child of the King.

Galatians 3:13
But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”

What do you mean, "bad"? You, friend, are in complete error declaring anything I have said as heresy. You speak like the Pharisees who declared Jesus of the devil. Watch yourself!

You have said / agreed that those who don't apply '''''concepts of faith''' are on par with the prodigal son...

You have suggested those who are poor cannot be Christians...

Must I make a list of my grievances?

1 Tim 6:3 If any one teaches otherwise and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching which accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit, he knows nothing; he has a morbid craving for controversy and for disputes about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, base suspicions, and wrangling among men who are depraved in mind and bereft of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain.

Back